PDA

View Full Version : Why would someone even suggest this?

northernbillfan
01-11-2010, 12:41 PM
An article this morning in the D&C has Bob Matthews stating that McNAbb should come to B-lo. I have to ask what good would that do? The Bills don't need another washed up vet here like Bledsoe, they need to draft, trade for, sign someone who has only been around for a little bit that can grow into the next Brees or Kelly or Palmer or.....

Brohm may be that person, despite what we saw of him in the later parts of the season. I'm not saying he is the person who would flourish at that position, I'm just saying he is the type of QB the Bills need.

McNabb is feeling the heat again from Philadelphia's fans and media after his poor performance in Saturday's 34-14 loss to the host Dallas Cowboys in the NFC wild-card playoffs.

The game wasn't as close as the final score suggests and McNabb's final stats were much better than he played. He was awful when the game was in doubt.

McNabb no longer is in his prime, but he's not over the hill. He's no longer All-Pro, but he's no All-Schmo.

It might be time for a new starting quarterback for the Eagles. It certainly is time for a new starting quarterback for the Bills.

McNabb would not be Buffalo's QB of the future, but he'd be a huge improvement for the present. Even if the Bills select a QB (Sam Bradford or Jimmy Clausen) with the No. 9 pick in this year's college draft, McNabb would be a solid starter for now.

Full article (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20100111/SPORTS0101/1110318/)

chernobylwraiths
01-11-2010, 12:43 PM
I would LOVE to have McNabb as our QB.

mikemac2001
01-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Ya i mean we have weapons and he be a good for a year or two while we devolop brohm or another rookie

Mr Hotstepper
01-11-2010, 12:47 PM
An article this morning in the D&C has Bob Matthews stating that McNAbb should come to B-lo. I have to ask what good would that do? The Bills don't need another washed up vet here like Bledsoe, they need to draft, trade for, sign someone who has only been around for a little bit that can grow into the next Brees or Kelly or Palmer or.....

Brohm may be that person, despite what we saw of him in the later parts of the season. I'm not saying he is the person who would flourish at that position, I'm just saying he is the type of QB the Bills need.

McNabb is feeling the heat again from Philadelphia's fans and media after his poor performance in Saturday's 34-14 loss to the host Dallas Cowboys in the NFC wild-card playoffs.

The game wasn't as close as the final score suggests and McNabb's final stats were much better than he played. He was awful when the game was in doubt.

McNabb no longer is in his prime, but he's not over the hill. He's no longer All-Pro, but he's no All-Schmo.

It might be time for a new starting quarterback for the Eagles. It certainly is time for a new starting quarterback for the Bills.

McNabb would not be Buffalo's QB of the future, but he'd be a huge improvement for the present. Even if the Bills select a QB (Sam Bradford or Jimmy Clausen) with the No. 9 pick in this year's college draft, McNabb would be a solid starter for now.

Full article (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20100111/SPORTS0101/1110318/)

Look at Aaron Rodgers...
You throw a rookie out there their first year, they are going to flame out. (Losman, Trent)...Brohm has 1 NFL start.

My point is that I would kill to get McNabb here. He's hardly washed up, had damn near a pro bowl season this year, and had 2 bad games to end the year.

Rodgers is playing awesome and if you think sitting behind a future HOF QB hurt that process, your high.

McNabb still has 6 years in the tank, IMO, and lacks the downsides that Bledsoe had such as immobility.

McNabb has performed for years, and most of them without any viable weapons, or very few.

He'd be the best option IMO as I think this rookie class sucks.

If you can hire a vet to keep the team relevant for a few years as you look for/develop your QB of the future, that's a good thing, IMO.

THATHURMANATOR
01-11-2010, 12:48 PM
I would take him.

ddaryl
01-11-2010, 12:49 PM
McNabb = stop gap while we develope a QB

this team needs a vet QB like Mcnabb as a short term solution

northernbillfan
01-11-2010, 12:51 PM
I think McNabb is too fragile for our team. The Bills need a strong O-line before they put someone like McNabb who is prone to injuries in there.

ddaryl
01-11-2010, 12:55 PM
I think McNabb is too fragile for our team. The Bills need a strong O-line before they put someone like McNabb who is prone to injuries in there.

hence putting a stop gap vet in there while we develope a young QB and the OL to boot..

I think our OL can be much better next year, but it will come down to 2 things. Out new OL coach... and improving the LT spot

northernbillfan
01-11-2010, 12:57 PM
hence putting a stop gap vet in there while we develope a young QB and the OL to boot..

I think our OL can be much better next year, but it will come down to 2 things. Out new OL coach... and improving the LT spotThay had a chance to greatly improve the LT spot last year during the draft and passed over Oher for Maybin.

trapezeus
01-11-2010, 12:57 PM
if that would make the bills focus on getting a good line in place, i'd be ok with this.

FlyingDutchman
01-11-2010, 01:03 PM
I would love to have him as a band aid for a little bit. I think (pray) our next QB is not currently on this roster. Brohm is not the answer. With so many needs coming into the draft, and the fact that im not high on any QBs coming out this year, id rather draft to fill some other much needed positions and then draft a QB next year who can learn under someone like mcnabb for a year. I think this is all moot anyways, Andy Reid said Mcnabb will be back.

ddaryl
01-11-2010, 01:06 PM
Thay had a chance to greatly improve the LT spot last year during the draft and passed over Oher for Maybin.

now you know I know that

in fact Oher was my 1st choice at #11 last year, and Orakpo was my 2nd choice.... Orakpo was by far the best DE on "my board"

but that doens't change the fact that we still have the LT issue

Prov401
01-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Yea, Mcnabb is a top 10 QB in this leauge.

He has been getting it done for over a decade, without big name WR's (other than the one year with T.O, and the recent emergance of Jackson).

Far from washed up my friend. Fragile? Pfft...The guy played an entire game with a broken ankle 5 years ago. If anything, he is a tough QB, and has changed his game from a scrambling QB, to a pocket passing QB. If we had him on our team this year, IMO, we would of been in the wild card.

Andy Reid has said he wants Mcnabb in 2010, so I doubt we get him. But if we had the opportunity...I'd jump.

mikemac2001
01-11-2010, 01:11 PM
man if we drafted oher i think our line would be a beast

Oher-incognito-wood-levtire-(bell/chambers/butler)

:(

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 01:11 PM
if i'm not mistaken, McNab has just one year left on his contract.

He'd surely want a 2-3 year extension at his age before being traded. If he didn't the Bills would.

Demon
01-11-2010, 01:13 PM
I would love McNabb in here. And draft a QB in the draft. Go to camp with Brohm, Fitzpatrick, McNabb and the rookie. Kick Edwards to the curb.

northernbillfan
01-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Sorry, still not a fan of McNabb being a Bill.

Saratoga Slim
01-11-2010, 01:23 PM
I think it would be an ideal temporary move.

Schefter was on SportsCenter earlier today, and said that the Eagles currently have 3 QBs on their roster (McNabb, Kolb & Vick), and at least one of them but possibly two will be traded this offseason. He said that the Eagles don't really have McNabb on the block, but that teams would call about him, and the Eagles would consider it if the price was right.