PDA

View Full Version : Mike Nolan to interview?

Demon
01-11-2010, 01:12 PM
blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/11/another-candidate-suggested/

Interesting. I wonder if he'd wear a shirt and tie at every game again? lol

Mahdi
01-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Nolan had a big hand in building up the Ravens defense and re-building both the Niners and Broncos defenses.

ddaryl
01-11-2010, 01:17 PM
and Chris Brown re-blogged it

blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/11/another-candidate-suggested/ (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/11/another-candidate-suggested/)

I think Grimm and Garnett and posisblily B. Schottenhiemr before Nolan

I still just can't get behind Frazier...

but Nolan did have success switching the Broncos from a 4-3 to a 3-4 in one season while greatly improving Denvers D

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm not sold against Nolan.

Demon
01-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Yeah, he's one "proven loser" i wouldn't mind. As long as he can find someone good to be his O.C.

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 01:20 PM
BTW, Jay Glazer is the man with the Bills.

Other than T.O. I dont know who he's buds with, but he's connected to this franchise with a captial C

Dicknoze69
01-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Nolan had a big hand in building up the Ravens defense and re-building both the Niners and Broncos defenses.

Don't forget he failed miserably in San Fran (mostly because his offense was horrid) and his Denver defense imploded down the stretch.

That being said, I'm not 100% certain anyone wouldn't have failed in San Fran there.

zone
I am open to anyone who would be brining in a 3-4 Defense.

patmoran2006
Matter of fact, Bills fans should pound Glazer's twitter asking if Cowher to Buffalo is dead and see what he says.

ddaryl
01-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Bills fans should pound Glazer's twitter .

That sounds very sexual and perverted, and I will have to respectfully decline :scooter:

Mahdi
01-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Don't forget he failed miserably in San Fran (mostly because his offense was horrid) and his Denver defense imploded down the stretch.

That being said, I'm not 100% certain anyone wouldn't have failed in San Fran there.
Yes but when I look at a HC candidate I look to see how he did with the unit that falls under his expertise.

Nolan made the 49ers D a very tough unit while waiting for Alex Smith and Vernon Davis to come around which didn't happen in his time there.

But then the question is, did Nolan fail to get the best out of his players where Singletary succeeded? It's probably difficult to determine that, maybe they just needed more time.

Mr. Pink
01-11-2010, 01:32 PM
I am open to anyone who would be brining in a 3-4 Defense.

That's like saying you'd be open to Botch Davis or Romeo Crennel too.

Nolan was a failure as a HC.

It's just more of the same if we brought him in, imo.

Demon
01-11-2010, 01:33 PM

Patriots fans said the same thing when they hired Belichick.

Mr Hotstepper
01-11-2010, 01:35 PM

Exactly right. He couldn't get his players to play up to potential. Singletary hasn't gotten them to the promised land, but anybody who didn't think the time drastically improved the MINUTE Nolan got canned, wasn't paying any attention

Mahdi
01-11-2010, 01:35 PM
Bills fans said the same thing when they hired Jauron.

Not saying I would be 100% opposed to Nolan, but it would not go over well.

Mr. Pink
01-11-2010, 01:36 PM

Belichick did actually start to turn the Browns around on the field.

So, not the same.

1994 was statistically one of the best in Browns history on the defensive side of the ball and they did finish with an 11-5 record.

Beebe's Kid
01-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Matter of fact, Bills fans should pound Glazer's twitter asking if Cowher to Buffalo is dead and see what he says.

Hell, if I already harassed Thurman today, I might as well go after Glazer... I'll see what he says.

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 01:41 PM
I don't know too much about Nolan's coaching past, but I do know he completely lost control of that SF team, which is a bring reason why they promoted Singletary.

And I've been told he's a younger Jauron for whatever the hell that's worth.

But he'd look smooth as hell with Buffalo Bills suits.

mikemac2001
01-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Id like him more then frazier but thats not saying much

trapezeus
01-11-2010, 01:42 PM
again, when i ask the question, how can the bills get worse, they go ahead and answer it with a Mike nolan interview. holy ****, these guys need to go away.

Jeff1220
01-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Wouldn't be my first (realistic) choice.
Wouldn't be my last choice.
I'd actually prefer him to most of the no-HC experience coordinators

Don't Panic
01-11-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm not 100% certain anyone wouldn't have failed in San Fran there.

Right... the key is to get him some decent talent (the GM's job). He had Denver overachieving for a while this season, and in the midst of a transition scheme-wise no less. I would put Nolan above a lot of the names thrown around here... in terms of DCs we're looking at, below Rivera but ahead of Frazier, Zimmer, Haslett, Fewell, Philly's DC... anyone else I'm leaving out? If Grimm isn't interested, there aren't many OC candidates I'd put him behind either... maybe Schotty Jr. Ahead of Cameron though. I'd even consider him over Billick, just because I have so little faith in Billick actually being successful in his next gig.

RockStar36
01-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Mike Nolan is Dick Jauron v2.0

Dicknoze69
01-11-2010, 01:52 PM

How so? I'm fairly familiar with his time with the 49ers and he seemed to be a sometimes fiery, sometimes low-key leader. I know they had next to zero talent on his teams because he was named coach right after they got out of salary cap jail. Additionally, he was also given the GM title when he signed up as coach. Moreover, he ran a 3-4 attacking defense. I think picking Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers obviously doomed him, although who knows if Rodgers turns out like he has if the 49ers picked him.

I don't see a ton of similarities to Dick, outside of both failing and both teams having little talent. I'm not saying he's a good choice, but support your argument with reasons and evidence.

Don't Panic
01-11-2010, 01:53 PM

They're not even remotely the same type of person. Were you just too bored to think up something factual?

RockStar36
01-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Ok, he has more emotion than Dick Jauron.

However, he was an awful head coach in SF. This would be the worst possible hire I can think of.

RockStar36
01-11-2010, 01:57 PM
How so? I've fairly familiar with his time with the 49ers and he seemed to be a sometimes fiery, sometimes low-key leader. I know they had next to zero talent on his teams because he was named coach right after they got out of salary cap jail. Additionally, he was also given the GM title when he signed up as coach. Moreover, he ran a 3-4 attacking defense. I think picking Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers obviously doomed him, although who knows if Rodgers turns out like he has if the 49ers picked him.

I don't see a ton of similarities to Dick, outside of both failing and both teams having little talent. I'm not saying he's a good choice, but support your argument with reasons and evidence.

I'm not impressed with anything Nolan has done. Especially not this year in Denver.

TheBrownBear
01-11-2010, 02:23 PM
I'd be ok with Nolan, but I'd prefer Frazier at this point. All I hear is that Frazier is the next Dungy, and I think we'd all be excited if that turned out to be the case.

Buffalogic
01-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Not Nolan!! I watch the 9ers every week just like the bills and Mike Nowin is a horrible head coach!! Denver's D sucked down the stretch and 9ers D has always sucked and will continue to suck because they can't defend the pass at all.

If we hire Nolan as head coach god help us all.

Dying_-2-_Live
01-11-2010, 02:52 PM
I take Frazier before Nolan

Dying_-2-_Live
01-11-2010, 02:53 PM
BTW, can someone give me rep... its freakin me out with the 666 ;)

Mr. Miyagi
01-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Exactly right. He couldn't get his players to play up to potential. Singletary hasn't gotten them to the promised land, but anybody who didn't think the time drastically improved the MINUTE Nolan got canned, wasn't paying any attention
Nolan seems to be another one of those Cam Cameron/Gregg Williams/Mike Murlarkey type great coordinators but terrible HC. I'm not sold.

Historian
01-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Pass.

Dujek
01-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Nolan is definitely Jauron Mark II. I don't want that loser anywhere near the team.

Nighthawk
01-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Ok, he has more emotion than Dick Jauron.

However, he was an awful head coach in SF. This would be the worst possible hire I can think of.

No, he's Dick Jauron 3.0...Leslie Frazier is Dick Jauron 2.0

baalworship
01-11-2010, 05:36 PM
I would rather have Frazier. At least he hasn't proven he can't handle the head coaching job. Gregg Williams and Nolan are almost the same coach. Good DC, terrible HC.

BillsWin
01-11-2010, 05:38 PM
I like almost all the mentioned potential candidates except for Frazier. I just can't see us winning under him.

I can see us winning a championship under the perennial winner Grimm. I can see us being competitive under Schottenheimer. But I just see us flopping with Frazier on the sidelines.

Demon
01-11-2010, 05:40 PM
I like almost all the mentioned potential candidates except for Frazier. I just can't see us winning under him.

I can see us winning a championship under the perennial winner Grimm. I can see us being competitive under Schottenheimer. But I just see us flopping with Frazier on the sidelines.

lol same here. I wouldn't mind either Grimm or Schotty, or even Rivera as coach. But, Frazier idk, i just think that's got failure written all over the place.

Ingtar33
01-11-2010, 05:41 PM
again, when i ask the question, how can the bills get worse, they go ahead and answer it with a Mike nolan interview. holy ****, these guys need to go away.

yeah... i've been cracking jokes about Herm Edwards coming in, but at least Herm had some success as an NFL coach. a lot more the Nolan has anyway.

this is like a bad dream that you just never wake up from and keeps getting worse.

or a bad joke that just isn't funny.

I don't blame bills fans at this point from fatalistically hoping that if you polish a turd enough it will turn into a diamond. Not much else left but self delusion at this point, and the hope that we might strike gold by pure random luck.

BillsWin
01-11-2010, 05:44 PM
lol same here. I wouldn't mind either Grimm or Schotty, or even Rivera as coach. But, Frazier idk, i just think that's got failure written all over the place.

Maybe thats why the Bills are so high on him?

Nighthawk
01-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Maybe thats why the Bills are so high on him?

Hey, we know this organization is the champion of mediocrity, so they know mediocre when they see it! :shoothead: