PDA

View Full Version : And the Schotty coveting begins

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 01:46 PM
From guess who.

Jay_Glazer (http://twitter.com/Jay_Glazer)
(http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)
more buff updates: bills also askd permission for jets OC Brian Schottenheimer. for time being he is not interviewing, jets prepping 4 Bolts

Canadian'eh!
01-11-2010, 01:49 PM
I'd much prefer Marty. If they could lure him out of retirement with the promise of a 3 year plan in which we convince the Jets to let us sign Brian as our OC and assistant HC, then at the end of the 3 years Brian is to be named HC.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Pat we already know this, u r posting stuff from someone elses website, this isnt inside info.....

NOT THE DUDE...
01-11-2010, 01:50 PM
but i would love marty to come here.... and then with his son taking over in 2 years....

mikemac2001
01-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Pat we already know this, u r posting stuff from someone elses website, this isnt inside info.....

I didn't know this :censored:

ddaryl
01-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Well I think we all knew if everything else fell through Brian Schottenhiemer was going to get an interview offer from the Bills

especially since Marty and Nix are buds...

but I want Marty and Brian combo that would stabalize this team before Brian took over... but that ain't happening

Beebe's Kid
01-11-2010, 01:51 PM
I'd much prefer Marty. If they could lure him out of retirement with the promise of a 3 year plan in which we convince the Jets to let us sign Brian as our OC and assistant HC, then at the end of the 3 years Brian is to be named HC.

I like that better than a resurrection of the Cowher idea right now.

Marty has history with the team, and it has to bother him that he got canned after going 14-2, and is labeled as the best regular season coach that can't win a playoff game. I would love to have him silence the critics in Buffalo!!

Bufftp
01-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Uhm Pat didn't claim it was inside source, he posted the name and a link. Other posters post that info too.

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 01:53 PM

huh?

Cleve
01-11-2010, 01:53 PM
I'd rather get a younger guy than another ~ 70 yr old on the team - jeebus!

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Schotty's definitely young.

I just worry too much stock is going into ONE game this weekend.

From what I've read, granted mainly from Jets fans. They've wanted this guy run outta town badly for 2 years.

But Schotty is definitely the flavor of the week after Cinci.

mikemac2001
01-11-2010, 01:56 PM
What what ive seen from shotty i like his ability to get QB's on the move throws alot of quick passes which help

but also has a beast of a line which scares me he can run bc his line is full of talent what happens when he cant run and use PA

Don't Panic
01-11-2010, 01:59 PM
but I want Marty and Brian combo that would stabalize this team before Brian took over... but that ain't happening

Right... if we are looking to talk to Brian, Marty has told Nix no go. If we are looking to hire Marty, we'll be looking to talk to Brian after we hire Marty... which obviously now isn't happening.

No Shanny, No Cowher, No Marty.... always the bridesmaid...

RockStar36
01-11-2010, 02:00 PM
What what ive seen from shotty i like his ability to get QB's on the move throws alot of quick passes which help

but also has a beast of a line which scares me he can run bc his line is full of talent what happens when he cant run and use PA

Did you also like how his running game carved the Bills up for over 200+ yards earlier this season, yet he insisted on having Sanchez throw the ball and literally gave the game away?

Saratoga Slim
01-11-2010, 02:00 PM

Nor was it claimed to be. He posted a link. Kind of like many of us do when we see an interesting story elsewhere and want to share it here. Knock it off, dude - just talk about the Bills. That's what we're all here for.

Dicknoze69
01-11-2010, 02:01 PM
He's fallen into a trap occasionally of going away from what his team does best (run the ball, their O-line) and had games where they relied on Sanchez and their passing game. However, I think he realized this and lately their offensive game plans have been to minimize Sanchez and maximize their strengths. I think he overreacted to Sanchez's early success and relied on him too much.

With that said, he's got some promise because I do generally like his game plans. My concern is what Pat said; are we overreacting to the Cincy game?

I think he's a decent candidate, but I'd much rather prefer a combo of Marty and Brian as offensive coordinator.

Saratoga Slim
01-11-2010, 02:02 PM

From what I've read, granted mainly from Jets fans. They've wanted this guy run outta town badly for 2 years.

That's what I'm worried about.....picking a guy based on recent memory rather than total body of work.

He may be great, I don't know. I personally have only heard mediocre reports until the Cinci game.

Cleve
01-11-2010, 02:02 PM

Thanks, Pat -and I agree with your reservations about him. I was talking about Marty, actually. I'd rather have young Schotty than old Schotty, even though neither is my preference.

El Guapo
01-11-2010, 02:13 PM

Give it a rest. He never claimed it was a scoop or anything like that.

What you are suggesting is no posts should be made on this forum unless it is an original story or original information. This would be a boring place....

El Guapo
01-11-2010, 02:15 PM
And thanks for the inof, Pat.

Ed
01-11-2010, 02:19 PM
I thought I read Brian S already turned down an offer to interview and said he was happy with the Jets. Is that not true?

I'd be much happier with Frazier then this guy.

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 02:20 PM
I thought I read Brian S already turned down an offer to interview and said he was happy with the Jets. Is that not true?

I'd be much happier with Frazier then this guy.

I dont recall him turning down an int.

But I recall him saying, and I"m paraphrasing "I hope to be here for a long time"

EDS
01-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Does Brian Schottenheimer get an interview if his dad wasn't best buds with the Bills new GM?

Would hiring him strike you as the "best man for the position"?

naveed
01-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Buffalo News says the Jets have granted permission for the interview.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2010/01/bills-get-ok-on-schottenheimer.html

Mr. Miyagi
01-11-2010, 02:57 PM
He's fallen into a trap occasionally of going away from what his team does best (run the ball, their O-line) and had games where they relied on Sanchez and their passing game.
Reminds me of Murlarkey as our HC.

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 03:04 PM
not to disrespect B. Schotty.

But does anyone remember why we allegedly hired Mularkey?

"Did you see what he did with that Pit offense and Kordell Stewart at QB"?

T-Long
01-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Dude seriously shut up. He didn't say he is breaking any news or anything. This is what a message board is for. A lot of people don't have Twitter and don't get the updates from the likes of Schefter and Glazer, etc. All he was doing was posting the info.

God, I gotta say a bunch of the newbies are such babies. If you don't like Pat, THEN DON'T OPEN HIS THREAD!

Cleve
01-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Dude seriously shut up. He didn't say he is breaking any news or anything. This is what a message board is for. A lot of people don't have Twitter and don't get the updates from the likes of Schefter and Glazer, etc. All he was doing was posting the info.

God, I gotta say a bunch of the newbies are such babies. If you don't like Pat, THEN DON'T OPEN HIS THREAD!

I reported his post to the moderator - and that's what I'd recommend anyone else do. I'm sick of seeing regular contributors to the forums bashed like this - we need to start seeing some poster bans, IMHO.

ZAZusmc03
01-11-2010, 03:13 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself.

T-Long
01-11-2010, 03:15 PM
I reported his post to the moderator - and that's what I'd recommend anyone else do. I'm sick of seeing regular contributors to the forums bashed like this - we need to start seeing some poster bans, IMHO.
Yeah ever since word got out that we have two good posters in Sal and Pat this place has been flooded with some troll newbies that do nothing good for the board and only come on to complain about people that actually give this board credibility. I for one am sick of reading threads full of these guys and their constant *****ing and complaining.

T-Long
01-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Looks like they did receive permission to interview Little Schotty...

READ MORE... (http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2010/01/bills-get-ok-on-schottenheimer.html)

don137
01-11-2010, 03:30 PM
I do not want Brian S. I have not been impressed with at all. I guess that wold make him a perfect fit based on the Bills history...Out in 3 years.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-11-2010, 03:40 PM
Look, this is the bottom line pat yesterday said he had inside info that cowher wasnt coming here, and then we all found out that he simply copied what shefter said.... that has ticked some people off, he in many ways is coming off like he has sources when we all know he doesnt, its not cool, and he should stop....

T-Long
01-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Look, this is the bottom line pat yesterday said he had inside info that cowher wasnt coming here, and then we all found out that he simply copied what shefter said.... that has ticked some people off, he in many ways is coming off like he has sources when we all know he doesnt, its not cool, and he should stop....
whether you believe that or not doesn't give you the right to attack him for telling everyone what Glazer said on his Twitter account. If you want to ***** at Pat for something he did yesterday, then do so in the proper thread, not this one.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-11-2010, 03:46 PM
we have all learned to take what pat says with a grain of salt, thats all im saying. its not cool what he did yesterday, not cool at all!

BILLSROCK1212
01-11-2010, 04:11 PM
i'm convinced that Schotty is the right way to go, he is young...determined, has connections...would probably bring someone like a bill calahan (offensiven genius), he'll have a good relationship w/ Buddy Nix; he's young (36) so it follows the hiring of young coaches trend and he'll certainly relate well to the players plus he'll have experience game planning against our division rivals and will be able to steal some players from the Jets....nothing is better than a plus for your team and a minus for a rival

SCHOTTY FOR HC

BILLSROCK1212
01-11-2010, 04:12 PM
I do not want Brian S. I have not been impressed with at all. I guess that wold make him a perfect fit based on the Bills history...Out in 3 years.
wrong, Schotty would be a top tier assistant HC hire unlike past hires where we hired midlevel guys or has beens

BILLSROCK1212
01-11-2010, 04:14 PM
not to disrespect B. Schotty.

But does anyone remember why we allegedly hired Mularkey?

"Did you see what he did with that Pit offense and Kordell Stewart at QB"?
schotty did squat to develop Sanchez, in fact i think if it were up to him Sanchez would've been on the bench, the development was all Rex and he deserves props for that , but the Schotty-Callahan duo that I expect helped to mold that offense into something Sanchez could be successful in....Schotty/Cally would be able to make this offense the way it needs to be run

EDS
01-11-2010, 04:14 PM
wrong, Schotty would be a top tier assistant HC hire unlike past hires where we hired midlevel guys or has beens

Greg Williams was a top tier defensive coordinator. He turned out to be a crappy head coach, but there is no denying he was a well respected DC prior to coming to Buffalo.

BILLSROCK1212
01-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Greg Williams was a top tier defensive coordinator. He turned out to be a crappy head coach, but there is no denying he was a well respected DC prior to coming to Buffalo.
yes, but he like Dick Lebeau, was never meant to be a HC....he had no leadership skills, Schotty does...very different here

baalworship
01-11-2010, 04:38 PM

One thing to keep in mind is that Jet fans are probably the most unreasonable fans in the NFL. If they lose it's always the coaching. Gang Green has not liked anyone's play calling since I have been on there.

BILLSROCK1212
01-11-2010, 04:41 PM
One thing to keep in mind is that Jet fans are probably the most unreasonable fans in the NFL. If they lose it's always the coaching. Gang Green has not liked anyone's play calling since I have been on there.
Paul Hackett, Mike Heimerdinger...the list goes on

Demon
01-11-2010, 04:52 PM

What Jets fans? Your alcoholic neighbor?

I would love Shotty Jr here. He's a guy who can adjust, mid game or mid-season, unlike Frazier. Last season with a good QB, Shotty's Jr team was high among teams in passing. This year, with a QB who they have made play very simple, they are running.... and they are i believe the 2nd best running team in the league. They do everything, flee flickers, wild cat, wild cat with an option.

The guy is an offensive mastermind. It doesn't mean he'll have success, because look at what Josh McDaniels did in Denver. He will still need to bring over a very good, qualified D.C. Maybe Jim Haslett?

Ingtar33
01-11-2010, 05:13 PM
well the jets' fan's disfavor isn't a kiss of death.

this is the group which feels the need to prove it can spell the name of their football team with the help of 70k other morons.

that said i've never been impressed with the job he does as an oc, and i heard Brett Favre hated his guts.

CoolBreeze
01-11-2010, 07:45 PM

jets fans suck!!!

Commissioner
01-11-2010, 09:04 PM
yes, but he like Dick Lebeau, was never meant to be a HC....he had no leadership skills, Schotty does...very different here

How do you knwo Schotty has leadership skills? What is your opinion based on?

Commissioner
01-11-2010, 09:06 PM
What Jets fans? Your alcoholic neighbor?

I would love Shotty Jr here. He's a guy who can adjust, mid game or mid-season, unlike Frazier. Last season with a good QB, Shotty's Jr team was high among teams in passing. This year, with a QB who they have made play very simple, they are running.... and they are i believe the 2nd best running team in the league. They do everything, flee flickers, wild cat, wild cat with an option.

The guy is an offensive mastermind. It doesn't mean he'll have success, because look at what Josh McDaniels did in Denver. He will still need to bring over a very good, qualified D.C. Maybe Jim Haslett?

Offensive mastermind... LOL!!!

Unbelieveable.... I didn't realize we had beat an offensive mastermind earlier this year...