PDA

View Full Version : Glazer Article about Grimm

Mudflap1
01-11-2010, 02:02 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/glazer-bills-target-grimm-011110

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 02:04 PM
What's that dude from Dumb and Dumber? Lloyd Christmas?

"So you're saying there's a chance"?

Mudflap1
01-11-2010, 02:05 PM

And the insanity resumes ;)

jdbillsfan
01-11-2010, 02:07 PM
At least it seems like they are trying to bring these guys in. I was worried they were just going to offer Frazier the job for a little while there....

Mahdi
01-11-2010, 02:16 PM
I like both these interviews. Schottenheimer has shown great things and so had Grimm.

Garrett is still my #1 target. Even ahead of Cowher.

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Wouldn't it take an AWFUL lot to get Garrett outta Dallas?

Doesn't he make like $5 mill per year as OC?

ct bills fan
01-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Schotty was great in the Bills?jets game in NJ early in the season, wasn't he? "Thomas Jones is averaging 10 yds/carry, so, let's pass every down = 5 int's and a loss." NY was trying to run him out of town after that game. Beware what you wish for.

Dicknoze69
01-11-2010, 02:25 PM

$3 million. I think Jerry Jones would make it awfully difficult for anyone to hire Garrett away at this point.

streetkings01
01-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Can someone post it......foxsports is blocked on my jobs server.

soapman
01-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Can someone post it......foxsports is blocked on my jobs server.
Where do you work, at a concentration camp?

gggbills
01-11-2010, 02:40 PM

LOL...and hereeeeee we go!!

Hey Pat, as far as I am concerned I will give up when we hire another coach or Bill says no himself.

I think that is what is so strange about this situation. There are people out there who simple do not want to be interviewed for the job, no problem, I can understand that.

Shanny wanted to be interviewed and afterward decided to go another way and officially removed his name from consideration...no problem, I can understand that.

Leslie F. and Perry interviewed and one of them may get the job, ( I hope not). According to all known reports they are still viable options...no problem, I can understand that, don't like it, but I understand

And then there is Cowher. I assume most of us can agree that the Bills have contacted this man about the job. If the Bills know for sure that they will not land Cowher why don't they simple say it in some way, shape or form, ending this once and for all. If the Bills know for sure they are not getting BC, it is unwise to allow the fanbase to assume that there is ANY hope of landing BC if you already know that we will not. The longer it goes the worse it is gong to be for OBD if and when the "we are not getting BC shoe drops" Not to mention that if we hire an unproven DC the reaction will be even worse. So I say to you OBD, if you know BC will not be the next head coach of the Bills I strongly suggest you state it now.

As for BC, Sir if you know you will not be the next coach of the Bills, simple remove your name from consideration and we will not have people requesting your services via billboards or stalking you at the CBS studio.

Without some affirmative action by either side, I can only assume that there is some form of an offer on the table and OBD has yet to set a time limit on it and/or BC is having trouble making up his mind. If this is the case, no problem I can understand that.

In any event, for those who believe that there is no hope of landing BC, I can certainly understand why you think that way, especially given how fast the Skins and the Seahawks found and hired their respective new HC. However, until some event, some statement, some whatever occurs through the actions of OBD or BC, I will be one of those who will have hope, (however small) that Bill Cowher will be the next coach of the Buffalo Bills.

Whoever you are, and however you feel, I hope you can understand that. Go Bills

No Cease Fires
01-11-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm not sure why so many people are down on Schotty Jr. I would be thrilled if he came to Buffalo.

YardRat
01-11-2010, 02:43 PM
I'm not sure why so many people are down on Schotty Jr. I would be thrilled if he came to Buffalo.

You must be a Jets fan.

No Cease Fires
01-11-2010, 02:47 PM
You must be a Jets fan.

I have no doubt that at some point Brian will go somewhere and be a world class coach. Why not Buffalo?

And in New York they wanted to run Coughlin out of town the season the Giants won the Superbowl. Fans don't always know everything.

Michael82
01-11-2010, 02:47 PM
You must be a Jets fan.

I think I'd rather have Brian Schottenheimer over Leslie Frazier, especially when you see what he has done with both a young, rookie QB and a star veteran QB.

streetkings01
01-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Where do you work, at a concentration camp?I work at a hospital with 1000s of employees who abused the internet, kinda like what I'm doing now!

Can you post it or not?

Mahdi
01-11-2010, 03:01 PM

He makes 3 mil. And with the fact that Wade has most likely stamped his return for next year with that playoff win against a rival, Garett should be interested in a move to take on a HC job. Unless there is in fact a boycott on Buffalo.

Mahdi
01-11-2010, 03:03 PM
$3 million. I think Jerry Jones would make it awfully difficult for anyone to hire Garrett away at this point.
I don't think Jerry is allowed to block it. When seeking a position that would be a promotion I'm pretty sure there is a rule that allows assistants to leave.

patmoran2006
I work at a hospital with 1000s of employees who abused the internet, kinda like what I'm doing now!

Can you post it or not?

Denied so far in their hopes of convincing Bill Cowher to come to Buffalo, the Bills (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/buffalo-bills/67039) have shifted their efforts to some of the hottest assistants in the playoffs.

You already know the rest.

Mudflap1
Denied so far in their hopes of convincing Bill Cowher to come to Buffalo, the Bills (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/buffalo-bills/67039) have shifted their efforts to some of the hottest assistants in the playoffs.

The Bills have requested permission to interview Arizona Cardinals (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/arizona-cardinals/67066) assistant head coach Russ Grimm for Buffalo's vacant head-coaching position, FOXSports.com has learned.

It is unclear at this point if and when Grimm would interview for the job as he is preparing the Cardinals to face the New Orleans Saints (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/new-orleans-saints/67055) this week in the NFC divisional round, with the Cardinals working on a short week following Sunday's 51-45 overtime win over Green Bay.

Additionally, Buffalo also asked another playoff team, the New York Jets (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/new-york-jets/67057), for clearance to interview offensive coordinator Brian Scottenheimer -- although at this time the Jets have yet to grant permission.

Originally the Bills had wanted a coach with previous head-coaching experience, but all along they have also held assistants such as Grimm and Schottenheimer in very high regard.