PDA

View Full Version : Tune Into Channel 7 News at 5pm

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 03:12 PM
No.. Not because I was interviewed about the Cowher billboard (I was.. Yeah Yeah, it's old already)

But Jim Kelly spoke with Channel 7 News Reporter Julie Fine as well and has comments about Bill Cowher.

I don't know what he said. I think they may be in the same story. But I told her to hunt him down and she did.

This is what Julie told me
"he did...several comments. they are all on my story."

So there you have it. People been waiting for Jim to speak, he's coming up soon.

T-Long
01-11-2010, 03:13 PM
anyway for us out of town-ers to see it?

Mudflap1
01-11-2010, 03:14 PM
As I am in California, can someone promptly update this thread once they watch the news?

ddaryl
01-11-2010, 03:15 PM
cool

hopefully something worth sinking our teeth into

trapezeus
01-11-2010, 03:16 PM
My prediction?

Jim Kelly: "we're working on it and hope to hvae an answer soon. that being said, we need to take our time. the fans deserve a winner.

the fallout?
people with the name that rhymes with ****stepper will rip pat apart for no reason over and over and over again.

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 03:16 PM
I do not have any idea so don't shoot the messenger if he doesnt give you anything new.

mikemac2001
01-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Maybe he said he walked cowher's dog the other day while cowher was in buffalo?

tothemillers
01-11-2010, 03:18 PM
My prediction?

Jim Kelly: "we're working on it and hope to hvae an answer soon. that being said, we need to take our time. the fans deserve a winner.

the fallout?
people with the name that rhymes with ****stepper will rip pat apart for no reason over and over and over again.

I agree

madness
01-11-2010, 03:19 PM
If you were a real reporter, you'd tell us what he said before 5pm. :::

----> :jk: for the slow folks

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Julie Fine isnt a sports reporter, so who the hell know what kind of Cowher comments she got from him, I honestly don't know.

A few questions she asked me I was like "WTF"?? Which of course, she will probably edit out the 10 minutes of good stuff and put in the 15 seconds worth of dumb comments.

gggbills
01-11-2010, 03:23 PM
As I am in California, can someone promptly update this thread once they watch the news?

Same here

Jeff1220
01-11-2010, 03:27 PM
They will probably have it up on their site shortly after it airs:
http://www.wkbw.com/

WagonCircler
01-11-2010, 03:29 PM
No.. Not because I was interviewed about the Cowher billboard (I was.. Yeah Yeah, it's old already)

But Jim Kelly spoke with Channel 7 News Reporter Julie Fine as well and has comments about Bill Cowher.

(Is that OLD news too, Mr. Hotstepper?)

I don't know what he said. I think they may be in the same story. But I told her to hunt him down and she did.

This is what Julie told me
"he did...several comments. they are all on my story."

So there you have it. People been waiting for Jim to speak, he's coming up soon.

Hey Pat, after the 5 PM news, can you paraphrase Kelly's comments for those of us who are out of town?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Same here

gggbills=hero

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-11-2010, 03:31 PM
I thought the cowher issue was settled. why do we keep on pressing for what is clearly not going to happen?

mikemac2001
01-11-2010, 03:33 PM
I thought the cowher issue was settled. why do we keep on pressing for what is clearly not going to happen?

because schefter said no not bill cowher or the bills

we all know ESPN has no info on the bills so until we here it from them its an option

if you don't want to believe or read anything about it .....its very easy don't click the post.

do i think we will get cowher no but going to hope until i hear it from Cowher or bills

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Hey Pat, after the 5 PM news, can you paraphrase Kelly's comments for those of us who are out of town?

I will, or I am sure someone else will.

And Im sure that several will paraphrase how I only put this thread up for my own cheap plug.

I just hope people aren't too disapointed if Jim doesnt say much.. I wouldn't call Julie a probing sports reporter.

I think she asked me something like if we we would leave it up an extra week,completely froze me.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-11-2010, 03:42 PM
because schefter said no not bill cowher or the bills

we all know ESPN has no info on the bills so until we here it from them its an option

if you don't want to believe or read anything about it .....its very easy don't click the post.

do i think we will get cowher no but going to hope until i hear it from Cowher or bills
Im not arguing mikemac, I am just asking :) this is the first day in a week I have not hovered over the refresh button... trying to get back to a healty lifestyle after the mess cowher made of last week :)

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-11-2010, 03:43 PM
I will, or I am sure someone else will.

And Im sure that several will paraphrase how I only put this thread up for my own cheap plug.

I just hope people aren't too disapointed if Jim doesnt say much.. I wouldn't call Julie a probing sports reporter.

I think she asked me something like if we we would leave it up an extra week,completely froze me.

you should have your own forum dude.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-11-2010, 03:44 PM
you should have your own forum dude.

NOW i remember why I did not want to hang around here today!

Griz78
01-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Pat has done a TON of work! Good job!

Got info on Drunk Joe Logan when people were wondering who he was.
Got a reporter who probably has no clue to at least ask Jim Kelly something.
He always posts his findings and news! Give him a break. The guy and his site is way better than the clowns at WGR or Ch 2.

shelby
01-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Let's stay on topic here please. Thanks.

:club:

trapezeus
01-11-2010, 03:51 PM
why stay on topic, it's been so much fun having tosharpie/hotstepper bring up the same boring point on Pat in every single thread.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-11-2010, 03:54 PM
why stay on topic, it's been so much fun having tosharpie/hotstepper bring up the same boring point on Pat in every single thread.

I only got upset about what happened last night, other than that I have no issues with Pat Moran. I also think the billboard was a good idea.

Honest_Liar
01-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Definitely some good work done over the past few days, Pat. Keep it up!

I'm watching and waiting!

BSU Drew
01-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Please keep us people who dont live in Buffalo updated!!!

NOT THE DUDE...
01-11-2010, 04:06 PM
what is kelly saying ? update needed

hammerbillsfan
01-11-2010, 04:06 PM
5 seconds from Pat! woohoo!

TrEd FTW
01-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Nothing of importance from Kelly. Thanks for trying, Pat.

Jamiezzz
01-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Thanks for hard work Pat!

Honest_Liar
There's Pat on TV, lol.

Kelly said:
-Cowher is a big name, and not just a big name, but a coach you would love to see out there cuz he's a motivator, teacher, knows what's going on.
-Having Superbowl experience in a coach is not important.
-Need motivator, teacher, someone with experience.
-Kelly claims he's too busy right now but will weigh in with management soon.

"Will Kelly put a call in to Cowher? Tune in at 6pm" (of course)

That's what I was able to get.

Coach Sal
Nothing of importance from Kelly. Thanks for trying, Pat.

Dd he say anything at all about Cowher?

I'm not in Buffalo, I can't watch it.

Coach Sal
01-11-2010, 04:10 PM
There's Pat on TV, lol.

Kelly said:
-Cowher is a big name, and not just a big name, but a coach you would love to see out there cuz he's a motivator, teacher, knows what's going on.

Thanks.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Dd he say anything at all about Cowher?

I'm not in Buffalo, I can't watch it.

Basically that Cowher would be great on the sidelines. He sounded as if he was almost clueless as to what the Bills were doing. He made a statement "I am way too busy right now" not really sure what he meant

trapezeus
01-11-2010, 04:12 PM
There's Pat on TV, lol.

Kelly said:

Wow, if this is what was said, Cowher's done as an option.

Kelly is smooth. That's a great way to say, "we'd love him, but he's not coming. So we are on to the next grouping, and well, the organization kind of sucks, so guess what, it's going to take some time to figure out which of the 2 people who actually care to do this job should be selected."

bills will announce their HC selection 2 days after the free agency period.

Dicknoze69
01-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Basically that Cowher would be great on the sidelines. He sounded as if he was almost clueless as to what the Bills were doing. He made a statement "I am way too busy right now" not really sure what he meant

When Kelly said "I'm way too busy right now", it was right after he joked that his ideal coach sounded just like him and it was his way of saying that he wasn't really interested in coaching.

Beebe's Kid
01-11-2010, 04:14 PM
NOW i remember why I did not want to hang around here today!

:assclown: Ahhhh, yes, it all comes flooding back!!!

Northern Stampede
01-11-2010, 04:16 PM
He didn't really say anything insightful in that interview. The part where he was saying he was very busy, was I think when he was asked about possibly coaching himself... Other than that, the reporter eluded to a later piece where she said that Kelly is good friends withe Cowher and if there is the possibility that Kelly placed a call personally to Cowher about being our HC... But tune in at 6 pm for that tidbit...

Coach Sal
01-11-2010, 04:16 PM

He's definitely not clueless.

It's like everyone involved in this thing acts like they're in a damn Tom Clancy spy novel.

Honest_Liar
01-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Yeah, Kelly really didn't say much.. at least no more than we already know. I'm sure the next piece at 6pm won't tell us much more, but if I can tune in, I'll make sure to take note of what is said.

Michael82
01-11-2010, 04:23 PM
He's definitely not clueless.

It's like everyone involved in this thing acts like they're in a damn Tom Clancy spy novel.
Anyone ever think that maybe there is some kind of gentlemen's agreement that Cowher would come here after he finishes his job at CBS if the job is still open?

The secrecy is very odd. It makes me believe that he has shown genuine interest. But maybe he doesn't want to accept it yet because he's still working. Or maybe he wants to wait to see if any other job will surprisingly open up.... :idunno:

trapezeus
01-11-2010, 04:24 PM
well it's hard to believe they would put us through any wait after the end of the season. They have had us waiting for 50 years.

Why can't they just pull the plug on it. its so annoying to still have some perverse fanatasy that he could coach us. Just tell us to shut our mouths, take in a dead beat coach, with no talent, and get it prepared to get its butt kicked by the effing patriots already. Why pretend they care about winning? What sick pleasure are they deriving from this?

DMBcrew36
01-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Glad I didn't tune in, even though I could've - it's pretty obvious that nothing of value was going to be said

T-Long
What I would like to know is what is up with this Jan 15th stuff.

trapezeus
Anyone ever think that maybe there is some kind of gentlemen's agreement that Cowher would come here after he finishes his job at CBS if the job is still open?

The secrecy is very odd. It makes me believe that he has shown genuine interest. But maybe he doesn't want to accept it yet because he's still working. Or maybe he wants to wait to see if any other job will surprisingly open up.... :idunno:

if that's the case, i don't want him.

If we pitched him a good deal, and he still has to see, he's not into it. and he simply won't be the same coach he was in pittsburgh.

I'm going to say this here for everyone to either praise me or hate me, but the next coach of the buffalo bills will be the same kind of failure that the past 3 have been. he'll be uninspired, without leadership, and totally clueless in game time situations. Go ahead and book that for 3 years.

Michael82
01-11-2010, 04:27 PM
well it's hard to believe they would put us through any wait after the end of the season. They have had us waiting for 50 years.

Why can't they just pull the plug on it. its so annoying to still have some perverse fanatasy that he could coach us. Just tell us to shut our mouths, take in a dead beat coach, with no talent, and get it prepared to get its butt kicked by the effing patriots already. Why pretend they care about winning? What sick pleasure are they deriving from this?
That's the reason why I still have hope and believe that maybe there is something to it. But apparently both of them have their reasons for keeping it silent. I'm also surprised the Bills haven't smashed the rumors down to control the excitement and anger from the fans...

mikemac2001

Thats what is so confusing to me.......why hasnt he said no or the bills havent said its not gonna happen.

And all we here are its gonna be a long coaching search

maybe cowher was like i am interested but i need to figure out if my family wants to also do this plus i would like to finish up the season at CBS and let them know to interview other canidates but keep him as an open option

IDK just guessing but its the calm before the storm

T-Long
I smell Martyball

Michael82
01-11-2010, 04:28 PM
if that's the case, i don't want him.

If we pitched him a good deal, and he still has to see, he's not into it. and he simply won't be the same coach he was in pittsburgh.

I'm going to say this here for everyone to either praise me or hate me, but the next coach of the buffalo bills will be the same kind of failure that the past 3 have been. he'll be uninspired, without leadership, and totally clueless in game time situations. Go ahead and book that for 3 years.
That's pretty ****ing depressing! Can that logo in your avatar go down any lower? It looks like he ran out of room. Maybe it should be falling below the graph. :ill:

Michael82
01-11-2010, 04:29 PM
I smell Martyball
I could see that. It's the only reasonable choice that would keep fans happy. Marty and Brian together. :up:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-11-2010, 04:36 PM
none of this is going to turn out well.

I have never seen anything so dang weird.

NObody will just **** or get off the pot

JD
01-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Can you just have your own thread as a sticky instead of posting 18 different threads per day? I appreciate your effort, but damn.

trapezeus
01-11-2010, 04:43 PM
i can't believe the bills are doing this for marketing effect. just name him the coach already.

the mass chaos is never ending. i really thank god that Jim Kelly stayed involved, because if there was literally no one who was interested, this team would have been gone years ago.

I just hate how ralph wilson let it get to this point and is confused as to no one wants to be here. He has had chance after chance to fix his mistakes and then he goes and makes a bigger one.

There was no reason tot hink Buddy nix was leaving buffalo this year. he could have stayed on as scout extraodinare. but no, we promoted him.

El Guapo
01-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Can you just have your own thread as a sticky instead of posting 18 different threads per day? I appreciate your effort, but damn.

Don't open the thread if you feel that way.

Honest_Liar
01-11-2010, 05:08 PM
6pm Segment:

Kelly:
- Would love to have Bill Cowher, might have to even give him a call to see where he's headed, cuz he doesn't know.
- That's the type of coach he'd like to see.
- He also said he'd put in his two cents in the coaching search process.
- Thinks the idea of Cowher may seem a little far fetched right now, rumors are rumors, but you never know. It may be the fourth quarter for him but the game's not over.

Michael82
01-11-2010, 05:10 PM
6pm Segment:

Kelly:
- Would love to have Bill Cowher, might have to even give him a call to see where he's headed, cuz he doesn't know.
- That's the type of coach he'd like to see.
- He also said he'd put in his two cents in the coaching search process.
- Thinks the idea of Cowher may seem a little far fetched right now, rumors are rumors, but you never know. It may be the fourth quarter for him but the game's not over.

Sounds to me like he knows that Cowher doesn't really want to come here, but they are still talking to him and will still fly down there and try to recruit him. It's not dead until Cowher says No, IMO!

YardRat
01-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Kelly and the biilboard were just on WIVB...paraphrasing...

"Well, what can you say? They're Bills fans. The extra money goes to Hunter's Hope though, so good job guys."

Pretty short and sweet, and no sign of the reporter.

Mudflap1
01-11-2010, 05:27 PM
6pm segment told a little more info... basically the deal is not dead until someone comes out and says it. Don't jump off the Peace Bridge yet guys!!!

Mr. Miyagi
01-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Will they stream it on their website?

Coach Sal
01-11-2010, 05:31 PM
6pm segment told a little more info... basically the deal is not dead until someone comes out and says it. Don't jump off the Peace Bridge yet guys!!!

I think that's exactly what I've been saying for over a week.

Just sayin'........

I'm glad Kelly said that because it doesn't make me look completely nuts. At least not to everyone.

:D

Mudflap1
01-11-2010, 05:34 PM

Just sayin'........

Yes it is. And that's how I've been able to sleep at night and not worry about this at this point. The Bills made a run, did the best they could do (whatever that really means), and the ball is in Cowher's court to see if he really wants to come back or not. Obviously, the hesitation shows the Bills aren't his first choice (hence Ralph saying the Bills want someone who wants to be in Buffalo), but if nothing else comes along... maybe Cowher and his family say "what the heck?" and come to Buffalo. They haven't yet, but they haven't said formally "no" either.

I'm not holding my breath. But I admit, it's kind of fascinating the whole thing is just sitting out there... getting stale... but sitting.

Ebenezer
01-11-2010, 05:44 PM
I could see that. It's the only reasonable choice that would keep fans happy.

make the fans happy?? are you high? he should get cowher to make you happy? what happens if cowher comes here and loses? happy then?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-11-2010, 05:54 PM

Just sayin'........

I'm glad Kelly said that because it doesn't make me look completely nuts. At least not to everyone.

:D
lol you are nuts... but in a good kinda way.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-11-2010, 05:54 PM
anyway for us out of town-ers to see it?

yes go to www.wkbw.com they don't have the video uploaded to the website yet if they even post it at all, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't since WKBW's ratings are so bad. if they do have the video a little movie camera icon would be up in the left hand corner of the screen.

patmoran2006
01-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Yeah.
Here is the link with the Jim Kellly coaching search, though he says very little in this article. (He said more at 6pm edition which isnt in this article)
http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/81180847.html

Oaf
01-11-2010, 10:01 PM
lol you are nuts... but in a good kinda way.
Wow, :limp:

jamze132
01-12-2010, 08:59 AM
Maybe the next billboard need's to ask OBD to tell us whether or not Cower said yes or no...