PDA

View Full Version : Bills get Permission to Interview B. Schott

Mahdi
01-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Good news. A willing candidate for the HC job and good resume too.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/11/jets-permission-update/ews.

Interview to take place later in the week.

THATHURMANATOR
01-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Who?

Tatonka
01-11-2010, 04:49 PM
eff him. seriously.. not interested in him at all. his offenses are not special.. they just have a great line (which he didnt build) and a couple good running backs.. i got no love for that offense or him.

Dr. Pepper
01-11-2010, 04:49 PM
no want. ****.

trapezeus
01-11-2010, 04:53 PM
means operation cowher is dead and operation marty is in effect.

they are so effing transparent, it's pathetic.

They called marty who said, "i dont really want to do this, but i'll do it if you can't get the other guy."

They call marty back immediately, "we tried. can you join"

Marty really not wanting to do this says, "try again" and he calls cowher. cowher thinks it over some more, says no.

Marty tries to hand it off to his son. "i'm not interested, but what about Brian. He's really good."

Bills say, "no, we really need you or we'll hvae an empty stadium"

"ok, for 2 years, then i leave. i want the levy deal, please."

Signed sealed delivered by Jan 15...just like they promised.

baalworship
01-11-2010, 04:53 PM
I was totally against him but since our available pool is Fewell and Frazier I am actually excited he wants the job! Our total choices just DOUBLED!

Such is the life of a Bills fan.

YardRat
01-11-2010, 04:56 PM
:cry:

Cntrygal
01-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Good news. A willing candidate for the HC job and good resume too.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/01/11/jets-permission-update/ews.

Interview to take place later in the week.

Thanks for the update!!

Michael82
01-11-2010, 04:57 PM

They called marty who said, "i dont really want to do this, but i'll do it if you can't get the other guy."

Marty really not wanting to do this says, "try again" and he calls cowher. cowher thinks it over some more, says no.

Marty tries to hand it off to his son. "i'm not interested, but what about Brian. He's really good."

:rofl: I could definitely see that happening!

billser
01-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Looks like we'll have new young qb next year, with some good rbs...sounds a lot like his offense now, which he's had success with. If we can add some oline help, I think this might work.
If you look at roster, I dont think their rbs are as good as their production would seem to suggest, Id give Schott a lot of credit for their success.
Im sold...if not Cowher, bring Schott in

Demon
01-11-2010, 05:01 PM
The best thing with Schotty Jr is, he's worked with vets and succeed, he's worked with rookies and succeed.

rcd333
01-11-2010, 05:03 PM
http://zoufouille.free.fr/do-not-want-dog.jpg

Mahdi
01-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Seeing as how no established folk wanna come here this is a good option. Garrett is still my #1 choice though.

YardRat
01-11-2010, 05:08 PM
There is less chance for Garrett than there is Cowher. That's saying a lot.

baalworship
01-11-2010, 05:08 PM
It isn't about what we want, it's about who we can get.

Right now that list is very, very short. Fewell (But that is out for marketing reasons), Frazier, and Schotty Jr.

Mahdi
01-11-2010, 05:15 PM
It isn't about what we want, it's about who we can get.

Right now that list is very, very short. Fewell (But that is out for marketing reasons), Frazier, and Schotty Jr.
Wow our list went from Gruden, Holmgren, Shanahan, Cowher, Marty ------> Frazier, Grimm, B.Schott, Harbaugh in the span of 2 weeks. We'll be lucky if we end up with Jim Zorn at this point.

BILLSROCK1212
01-11-2010, 05:20 PM
The best thing with Schotty Jr is, he's worked with vets and succeed, he's worked with rookies and succeed.
for me the best part is he should basically be a package deal with Bill Callahan

bob86
01-11-2010, 05:21 PM
The more I think about it, the more I think the plan for some time has been to hire Brian Schottenheimer. He has the two essential requirements for any Bills coach, he will work cheap and he is a crony. At 36 he won’t command a huge salary and his dad’s “Buddy” is the boss, so he will do what he is told. It’s a perfect fit. Not only that, but the Schottenheimer name and the Jets success this year gives the Bills marketing department at least something to work with.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

baalworship
01-11-2010, 05:28 PM
He did interview for the Jets head coaching job last year and was so impressive that management basically "suggested" Rex Ryan keep him on from Mangini's staff.

Mr. Miyagi
01-11-2010, 05:32 PM
When did we turn into the Oakland Raiders?

Demon
01-11-2010, 05:33 PM
And people, quit making the Mike Mularkey comparisons. I don't know why people are, even Pat did on twitter. They are nowhere the same. Mularkey was a tight ends coach who became the O.C. of the Steelers. Who knows what kind of role he played on offense over there anyways with Bill Cowher as H.C. Even still, the Steelers were more of a system team. Mularkey never groomed any QBs in his life time.

Schotty Jr has worked with Philip Rivers and Drew Brees. He's also worked with Mark Sanchez who was on track to get the most INTs by a rookie, and still, helped him into a more simpler passing game so Sanchez can succeed. It's worked. He did it all on the fly. He also worked with Chad Pennington and Brett Favre. He knows how to run an offense. He knows how to adjust.

I know Cowher is gone, so Brian Schottenhiemer Jr is now my new pick boys and girls.

Get er' done, Buddy!

Mr. Miyagi
01-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Who the hell is Brian Schottenhiemer Jr?

Ingtar33
01-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Wow our list went from Gruden, Holmgren, Shanahan, Cowher, Marty ------> Frazier, Grimm, B.Schott, Harbaugh in the span of 2 weeks. We'll be lucky if we end up with Jim Zorn at this point.

I'm telling you we're treading the path for the Herm Edwards signing. Of course the way things are going Herm will turn us down as well and sure... we'll be reduced to interviewing Bill Callahan, Art Shell, Lane Kiffen, Cam Cameron or Jim Zorn

Demon
01-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Who the hell is Brian Schottenhiemer Jr?

wow, i put Brian in and then put Jr as a mistake. Then you act like a complete idiot about it. LOL wow is all i can say.

baalworship
01-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Herm Edwards already said he didn't want the job!

Ingtar33
01-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Herm Edwards already said he didn't want the job!

lol. did he? i need to see a link. but that's too funny if its true.

TacklingDummy
01-11-2010, 05:50 PM
No good coach wants to come to Buffalo because of the QB situation. They know they are doomed without a good QB.

Demon
01-11-2010, 05:58 PM
No good coach wants to come to Buffalo because of the QB situation. They know they are doomed without a good QB.

Exactly. And with Schotty and Nix sitting around a table, maybe the two of them can find a good QB, which would solve many problems.

Lone Stranger
01-11-2010, 05:59 PM
To those of you who have been impressed with the Jets late season turnaround your thoughts may be misguided. I heard Rex Ryan several weeks ago on SNY stating he was going to get more involved with the offense. From thereafter there was much improvement. This may be co-incidental to the Jets surge but may also be a factor.

I believe B Schotty is a reach. I only take him unless he comes with his daddy.

BILLSROCK1212
01-11-2010, 06:15 PM
To those of you who have been impressed with the Jets late season turnaround your thoughts may be misguided. I heard Rex Ryan several weeks ago on SNY stating he was going to get more involved with the offense. From thereafter there was much improvement. This may be co-incidental to the Jets surge but may also be a factor.

I believe B Schotty is a reach. I only take him unless he comes with his daddy.
Bill Callahan is the key to the puzzle for me, I can't stress that enough. Callahan is an offensive GENIUS.

Novacane
01-11-2010, 06:18 PM
. Not only that, but the Schottenheimer name and the Jets success this year gives the Bills marketing department at least something to work with.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Fans are not stupid. The only Schottenheimer name that's gonna sell is Marty.

DraftBoy
01-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Fans are not stupid. The only Schottenheimer name that's gonna sell is Marty.

I completely disagree with your first statement.

McBFLO
01-11-2010, 06:20 PM

Would this really be such a bad thing if it happened that way? With Brian S. taking over after Marty retires? I'd be game.

Novacane
01-11-2010, 06:21 PM
I completely disagree with your first statement.

Ok. some are stupid.

DraftBoy
01-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Ok. some are stupid.

Thank you.

Commissioner
01-11-2010, 06:46 PM
I don't see the positive in hiring a guy who coached an offense that our crappy defense beat.

billsburgh
01-11-2010, 06:59 PM
I don't see the positive in hiring a guy who coached an offense that our crappy defense beat.
:posrep::posrep::posrep::posrep::posrep::posrep:

elltrain22
01-11-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm gonna throw up if we hire Schott Jr. I would be happy w/ Marty ball though.

Patti120
01-11-2010, 07:08 PM

That pic. is hilarious.

CoolBreeze
01-11-2010, 07:38 PM
no want. ****.
His offense is only predicated on the talent he has. His offense advanced to the 2nd round of the playoffs. The jets have a rookie qb, not much talent at wr. The rushing offense was excellent. I was not sold on the guy, but then I thought about it logically. There are many positives if they do hire Schottenheimer. 1) He has seen first hand what a #1 defense is and how it is run. 2) He has a close relationship with our current GM. He's known him since he was a kid. A good relationship between GM and HC is vital. 3) The QB situation here, will be addressed quickly. 4) I think better decisions will be made in the draft. Does anyone realize there was only 1 draft pick from 2000-2009 that started in the last game against Indy. (Lee Evans) Everyone esle was either hurt (McKelvin,Wood) Out of football (JP, Erik Flowers), Not on our team (Winfield, Clements, McGahee, Mike Williams) or riding the pine (Whitner, McCargo, Lynch, Maybin) That's bad! I think that would get reversed.

Commissioner
01-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Does anyone realize that this guy has the exact same NFL experience as Alex Van Pelt.... except he was handed a great offensive line????

Demon
01-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Does anyone realize that this guy has the exact same NFL experience as Alex Van Pelt.... except he was handed a great offensive line????

Google it a little bit more....

Beebe's Kid
01-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Google it a little bit more....

I'm on board with this.

He is a guy that develops players...QB's in particular. Best part...if the QB isn't ready, he will work around it, fostering confidence in this QB, which brings W's and playoff appearances.

Cowher wants to go to a team that needs a few tweaks...we need a guy that wants to rebuild the culture of this football team. Live Marv did. Before you break your keyboard, I understand he did it with Polian, but BP got his start here, and is so revered for his eye for talent. Multiple reputable sources have spoken incredibly highly of Nix. Prove it? There really is no paper trail because the guys that he helped took the glory, and the paycheck... This guy will find us players, and Schott can develop them.

I am excited about this possibility, especially if Marty is involved.

As far as Cowher goes, I would think Marty was probably a first choice, not of fans but of FO... he probably suggested Cowher, and was talking it up... I would like to see Marty come here and tell them...."They say you can't get to the playoffs, and I can't win there. Let's shove it up there a@@es!!"

Commissioner
01-11-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm on board with this.

He is a guy that develops players...QB's in particular. Best part...if the QB isn't ready, he will work around it, fostering confidence in this QB, which brings W's and playoff appearances.

Cowher wants to go to a team that needs a few tweaks...we need a guy that wants to rebuild the culture of this football team. Live Marv did. Before you break your keyboard, I understand he did it with Polian, but BP got his start here, and is so revered for his eye for talent. Multiple reputable sources have spoken incredibly highly of Nix. Prove it? There really is no paper trail because the guys that he helped took the glory, and the paycheck... This guy will find us players, and Schott can develop them.

I am excited about this possibility, especially if Marty is involved.

As far as Cowher goes, I would think Marty was probably a first choice, not of fans but of FO... he probably suggested Cowher, and was talking it up... I would like to see Marty come here and tell them...."They say you can't get to the playoffs, and I can't win there. Let's shove it up there a@@es!!"
It's not hard to "foster confidence" in a QB when they have a good offensive line.

You guys are embellishing a weak resume.

Philip Rivers... Mark Sanchez... oh wow!!!