PDA

View Full Version : end of dynasty of the decade

Cntrygal
01-11-2010, 06:05 PM
This had the feeling of something more pronounced than the loss of a single playoff game. After a while, your senses told you that you weren't watching football so much as attending a funeral.

You knew, sooner or later, that this day was going to come. Through various parts of the past four months, the New England Patriots weren't functioning with the consistent excellence that once defined them. They seemed to be something that they hadn't been in a very long time.

Suddenly, the sort of words that accurately described what the Patriots had become were horrendous ... awful ... non-competitive.

link (http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/story?id=09000d5d815a57e2&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

Valerie
01-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Funny. I said to Bill while watching that game "it looks like the Tom Brady era is over and done."

Cleve
01-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Yeah, but it had to end sometime. It was a helluva run - if only the Bills could string something like that together.

cocamide
01-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Yeah, but it had to end sometime. It was a helluva run - if only the Bills could string something like that together.

and do so without cheating.

Cleve
01-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Yeah, but last decade's Bills' team couldn't win even had they cheated in any and every way possible.

DynaPaul
01-15-2010, 05:58 PM
It was the best funeral I ever went to. I laughed multiple times during it. It was a hell of a way to watch them die.

Typ0
01-15-2010, 08:05 PM
i thought brady showed a ton of class this whole season. he took responsibility. he didn't make excuses. in the end he stood in there and just admitted the team played bad. it's easy to hate the ones on top but they got there for a reason. if NE was to throw him away I'd take him there is no way of knowing how bad his injuries are and if his body can give him a few more good seasons.

Crisis
01-15-2010, 10:31 PM
thank god i don't have to see brady flick his wrists like a little girl while whining for a flag everytime he gets touched anymore.

Cleve
01-16-2010, 07:06 AM
You die hard Brady haters are funny. I would love to have someone like Tom Brady playing for Buffalo so that I could 'hate' on him.

honey
01-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Tom Brady is a good QB. No doubt. But I was glad to see the Patsies lose. :smile: