PDA

View Full Version : Frazier vs Schotty Jr...

baalworship
01-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Leslie Frazier, HC

OC- Al Saunders or Chris Palmer

DC-Probably some Cover 2 guy from Minny

Brian Schotty Jr, HC

OC-Bill Callahan

DC- Some 3-4 Defensive guy, probably older guy called in by either his Dad, somone he knows from San Diego or Mangini days

If you see it differently with their coordinators feel free to adjust, this is off the top of my head. Who do you like better and why?

Demon
01-11-2010, 07:32 PM
I don't think Bill Callahan would come here. I think the Jets would throw a boat load of money and promote him to O.C. to replace Schotty.

SquishDaFish
01-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Schotty

elltrain22
01-11-2010, 07:37 PM
I'll take a gun shot to the face, so I don't have to watch.

BillsWin
01-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Schotty. Leslie Frazier spells disappointment. Schotty spells some potential.

CoolBreeze
01-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Schotty... Anything associated with Al Saunders and the cover 2, spells not only more of the same, but worse

BillsFanCupp38
01-11-2010, 07:47 PM
I like schotty. Offensive minded. AFC east fo. Brings in 3-4.

Mitchell55
01-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Shotty may end up getting Rivera, who knows.

Novacane
01-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Do I have to pick one?

Billsouth
01-11-2010, 08:17 PM
al saunders is only considered one of the best OCs in the business. Remember the rams..greates show on turf

Bmax
01-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Leslie Frazier, HC

OC- Al Saunders or Chris Palmer

DC-Probably some Cover 2 guy from Minny

Brian Schotty Jr, HC

OC-Bill Callahan

DC- Some 3-4 Defensive guy, probably older guy called in by either his Dad, somone he knows from San Diego or Mangini days

If you see it differently with their coordinators feel free to adjust, this is off the top of my head. Who do you like better and why?

Schotty will hire is Uncle Kurt who is out of work...

Frazier's resume is much more impressive if you ask me...Former 85 Bear
who played for Dikta...has Superbowl ring...Learned DEF under Buddy Ryan...and the Late Jim Johnson who coached the Eagles def.....The guy also learned under Dungy....He knows the Blitz system and the cover 2 so i think who ever he hires will use the players for the system that can be most effective ...Just don't believe the hype of soft vanilla def..

This to me isn't even close Fraizer over Schotty....Grimm is the guy who i think fits the Bills best but no way should Scotty get the nod over Frazier...

Do your homework before you bury the guy....

Bmax

soapman
01-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Dear Baby Jesus,
Please don't bring the 3-4 back to Buffalo.
Amen

rcd333
01-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Frazier seems to have the better resume, i feel Brian schotty is overrated due to his last name.

Beebe's Kid
01-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Frazier seems to have the better resume, i feel Brian schotty is overrated due to his last name.

This could be true, but one thing that's not overrated is his Rolodex. I am not arguing your point, but I do think Schott is a good option, and possibly Frazier, but when it comes to assembling a staff, and we need a brand new one...I like Schott's chances.

Frazier may know some people, as well, I think that we need to catch lightning in a bottle, and while I know that Ralph is going to hand over the scratch, I am glad that Nix is involved. Something about the guy...I trust him to make the right decision. I could definitely be wrong, but I hope not.

Mike
01-11-2010, 09:38 PM
I would look in another direction entirely. Neither would sooth my needs or what I am looking for in a coach.

Shanny: was my first choice- we tried and failed
Cowher: I dont think he is coming here. If it was going to happen, it would have happened already, after Dallas won on Saturday.
Billick: never really liked him as the next Bills HC. He is very intelligent, just not the right person.
Marty: I like Marty a lot! I would pursue him, however I am not so sure he wants to return to HC.
Grueden: I would pursue him hard too. I think that if perused correctly with the right offer (control, money, input, tangibles) he would reconsider buffalo. I think he would have to be Sold on the Idea that He Can Win Here in the Immediate Future.

You have to remember that these Top Coaches don't want to go out on a loosing note. Nothing would diminish their career more that such a negative asterisk at the end of their coaching career. Moreover, being really competitive they want to put themselves in the Best Possible Situation for Success, and Buffalo has proven not to be that destination.

One notable exception is the TUNA -Bill Parcels- who thrives in turning teams around. No matter the circumstance, I would give him a call once he is done in Miami, and give him whatever he wants, assuming that we are still loosing at that time...

TigerJ
01-11-2010, 10:05 PM
Shotty may end up getting Rivera, who knows.It would be a lateral move for Rivera. I don't think the league allows that unless Rivera is at the end of his contract.

TigerJ
01-11-2010, 10:09 PM
I suppose I lean a little toward Frasier because of the edge in experience. I don't necessarily buy that Frasier is a Jauron clone in terms of his approach to the game.

Tatonka
01-11-2010, 10:21 PM
i feel like we are chosing between a cold pile of dog crap and a steaming heap of poo.