X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlakely14
    • Sep 2003

Frazier...

I for some reason am not super high on Frazier, but it feels like this might be the guy for the job...and I have this nagging feeling that 5 years from now we will be very happy with him or very sorry that we passed him over.

I know the arguements on both sides, lots of talent, no experience...but I just don't know. But all the good stuff about him sounds like the kind of guy that we JUST may need here. He is a leader of men, commands a room, teaches, gets the most out of players....kind of sounds like exactly what the guys on our roster need.

Not a big fan of the Cover 2, but at least he knows the value of a D-Line and O-Line, that has been the recipe in Minny...so that is a plus in my mind.

Pat, Sal, anyone else with good info what do the experts and league insiders think of Frazier??

Don't get me wrong, I want Schotty to interview, and I would love to see a Grimm interview. And I hope for our sake we get the interviews, because then we will at least have had a search. But there is something about Frazier.

Also it seems like this is a move that may be a start to changing the rest of the league's views on Buffalo. He seems to be highly thought of and respected around the league.

I don't know. Right now I am like most of us and have no idea, and don't even know who the best choice is anymore. Whoever can bring the best staff to the table is also a big deal to me, so that would be important.

I know the overwhelming feeling on this board is no to him, but I don't know.
  • mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

Re: Frazier...

if he ran 3-4 id love the hire...but soft ass cover 2 blows...my coworker is a huge vikings fan always has been says frazier sucks his Calls suck if it wasn't for there dline he would be worthless

MUCK
    FIAMI

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
      Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
      • Jan 2010

the biggest move that could make the bills relevant again is buddy nix... frazier would be an ok choice but id rather have russ grimm........

Comment

• plundar
        • Mar 2006

I have to say, you never know what these guys will do. All HC were coordinators as some point. They just needed a chance. Marv is a great example.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by plundar
          I have to say, you never know what these guys will do. All HC were coordinators as some point. They just needed a chance. Marv is a great example.
          Jauron is also a great example. Frazier is Jauron2.0 NO THANKS.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
            the biggest move that could make the bills relevant again is buddy nix... frazier would be an ok choice but id rather have russ grimm........
            I agree in a lot of respects. A coach's job is a LOT easier if his front office is providing high caliber talent on a consistent basis. In that regard Nix could indeed have more impact than whatever coach we bring in. Moreover, with a couple years of good decisions, he could also change the way the organization is viewed around the league.
            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
              We play to win the game!
              • Oct 2009

The cover 2 Ain't soft. Tell that to the SB Buccs and Colts of this year. It is our personnel. We'd have even a WEAKER 3-4. It isn't the scheme.

Comment

• BillsWin
                man amongst boys
                • Oct 2008

I would take Grimm and Schottenheimer over Frazier. The guy just reaks of more mediocrity.
                I am The Batman.

Comment

• Demon
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
                  The cover 2 Ain't soft. Tell that to the SB Buccs and Colts of this year. It is our personnel. We'd have even a WEAKER 3-4. It isn't the scheme.
                  Nix said the cover2 wouldn't work in Buffalo.....
                  Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                    We play to win the game!
                    • Oct 2009

Grimm, Garrett, Frazier, Schottenheimer is my ranking. I HATE B. Schott

Comment

• BuffaloBlakely14
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by better days
                      Jauron is also a great example. Frazier is Jauron2.0 NO THANKS.

I have no reason to believe or doubt this. But for some reason I think you are just regurgitating what you have read here on the board. Tell me why you think this and I may think you have something here. Name the ways he is like Jauron.

Comment

• BuffaloBlakely14
                        • Sep 2003

Grimm, Garrett, Frazier, Schottenheimer is my ranking. I HATE B. Schott

I am pretty sure that I want Grimm number one as well. I think both Grimm, Frazier and Garrett have potential to make the transition, due to the fact that they are all Assistant HC's as well as coordinators or position coaches (in Grimm's case). I think this is a major difference in the past coordinators that we hired.

Not 100% but I don't think either Williams or Mularkey were anything more than coordinators.

I think this really does expose and prepare these guys to make the jump. Obviously this is just me speculating.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

The Bucs had Warren Sapp future HOF, Booger McFarland, Derrick Brooks future HOF & Ronde Barber future HOF those type of players don't come around that often. The Tampa 2 requires QUICK players which those guys all were, but Sapp & McFarland were also big guys. There are few big guys that are fast like Warren & Booger.

In todays NFL holding is not called like it was only a few years ago, you just have to look at the games last weekend to see that, so you can not get by with undersized quick linemen anymore. The Colts are not playing the Tampa 2 all that much anymore & neither is Tampa.

Comment

Working...
                          X