PDA

View Full Version : Is it Better to be Die Hard Fan or a Fair Weather Fan?

Mike
01-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Is it Better to be Die Hard Fan or a Fair Weather Fan?

First, we all have to remember that the Bills Are NOT OUR TEAM... we think they are but they are not! They belong to Ralph Wilson, they are his team, we are just fans. We make no decisions, we have no control, what we want only matters as much as the bottom line. So in light of this, what can we do, nothing!

The NFL, and poor franchises try to sell us this idea of being a 'die hard fan' as if it is superior to being a 'fair weather fan'. I feel that this is ultimately a deception. We are being duped into paying high dollar towards supporting a product, in this case entertainment, which is of poor quality in the name of loyalty, and this my friends in UnAmerican! As American we should support quality, not mediocrity, so when someone says 'be a die hard fan' remember that it is ultimately about Money, Your Hard Earned Money!

The worst part, all the Loyalty is one sided. When Given the Opportunity, time has shown, that these NFL Teams have no Problem moving from city to city to sooth the bottom line. So, don't be someone bottom line, be an individual, and have the guts to say NO to being a die hard fan or supporting mediocrity and the piss poor entertainment that has become the Buffalo Bills.

Mike
01-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Cost vs Benefits show us that:

Fair Weather Fans: get all of the benefits, like winning, and few of the costs, like watching a poor team & wasting time on these boards like Die Hard Fans... like us...

Die Hard Fans:, get all of the same benefits as Fair Weather Fans, but Far more Costs. More Times, and Money Costs, and Emotional Involvement Costs...

Results: its seems logically, it is more beneficial to be a fair weather fan...

Romes
01-11-2010, 09:24 PM
I doubt anyone still on a Bills message board after 10 straight playoff less seasons is a fairweather fan. The results of your question maybe a little skewed...

that said...fairweather don't get the same joy when they win. though i agree logically it seems a fairweather might be better. For me, personally, I cannot be fairweather, not in my personality.

imbondz
01-11-2010, 09:46 PM
it'd be alot easier to care less.

Thief
01-11-2010, 09:54 PM
I would think that in regards to being a fan, being fair weathered would be easier. However, if you don't feel the lows, you can't truly feel the high..... I think.

SabreEleven
01-11-2010, 09:56 PM
I wish I could care less

wmoz11
01-11-2010, 10:02 PM
I, personally, can't turn fandom on or off. I don't think I'd want to be a fairweather fan, regardless.

I still enjoy following the Bills no matter how ****ty they always are.

trapezeus
01-11-2010, 10:03 PM
if they ever win, not being part of this ***** fest won't make the win taste quite as sweet.

LtFinFan66
01-11-2010, 10:17 PM
diehard of course

G Wolly
01-12-2010, 02:49 AM
Die hard so I have more room in my row when the fair weather fans leave the games early.

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 06:14 AM
You are what you are. Some people just have no reason to put football before other things.. Others just love the game and their team.

Asking which is better has 2 100% correct answers.

At this point I would say it would be better to be a fair weathe Billsr fan by far.. Only a diehard feels the misery that we are feeling. Right now a real fair weather fan doesn't care much and goes about there day unaffected by this franchises crap.

and when you look at it realistically... you're better off being a fair weather fan if you're a Buffalo fan... but that's the irony. Per Capita I beleive there are more diehard Bills football fans in comaparison to many other teams.

SO what would you rather have 10 years of misery anger depression and frustration, or 10 years of not really being attached and significantly less emotion invovled

bottom line is the misery of being a BIlls fan is ramping up to thepoint where I wll have little choice but to change my status for my own mental health sake.

Would love to keep my diehard club card, but it's getting harder to do that.

X-Era
01-12-2010, 06:16 AM
Is it Better to be Die Hard Fan or a Fair Weather Fan?

First, we all have to remember that the Bills Are NOT OUR TEAM... we think they are but they are not! They belong to Ralph Wilson, they are his team, we are just fans. We make no decisions, we have no control, what we want only matters as much as the bottom line. So in light of this, what can we do, nothing!

The NFL, and poor franchises try to sell us this idea of being a 'die hard fan' as if it is superior to being a 'fair weather fan'. I feel that this is ultimately a deception. We are being duped into paying high dollar towards supporting a product, in this case entertainment, which is of poor quality in the name of loyalty, and this my friends in UnAmerican! As American we should support quality, not mediocrity, so when someone says 'be a die hard fan' remember that it is ultimately about Money, Your Hard Earned Money!

The worst part, all the Loyalty is one sided. When Given the Opportunity, time has shown, that these NFL Teams have no Problem moving from city to city to sooth the bottom line. So, don't be someone bottom line, be an individual, and have the guts to say NO to being a die hard fan or supporting mediocrity and the piss poor entertainment that has become the Buffalo Bills.

Fair weather's and Neg Nancy's save the most face, but the die hard fans get the most respect.

IMO

elltrain22
01-12-2010, 07:10 AM
One overlying quality, in any person, young or old, is loyalty. Being a loyal person says alot about you. Loyalty usually means your respectful, generous, responsible, hard-working, and a good person. Not to say that that is always the case, and I'm sure there are alot of fair weather fans that are very good people. IMO, your not a real sports fan if your not loyal to a team. My answer is clear cut Die Hard fan is the only way to be.

jamze132
01-12-2010, 07:12 AM
Family
Buffalo Bills
Everything else...

caveat... on Sundays, family and Bills usually flip flop positions...

Griff
01-12-2010, 07:39 AM
They are our team, without us, Ralph would be in the poor house.

However, its better to be a fair weather fan, I'm pretty sure our hardcore fandom will lead us all to early graves.

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 07:40 AM
I would think that in regards to being a fan, being fair weathered would be easier. However, if you don't feel the lows, you can't truly feel the high..... I think.

spoken like a true smack head....

Jan Reimers
01-12-2010, 08:00 AM
I have no choice. I've been a die hard fan for 50 years. I guess if you can turn it off and on, fair weather is a lot easier. You could have simply ignored the last 10 years and then jump back on the bandwagon when things get better.

Somehow, it's in my blood, however, and I can't do that.

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Fair Weather fans make me want to puke.

M
01-12-2010, 08:42 AM
Die Hard. There is no other way. I actually root harder for the team when they lose because they need it more. Any fool can root for a winning team.

SabreEleven
01-12-2010, 09:57 AM
I have no choice. I've been a die hard fan for 50 years. I guess if you can turn it off and on, fair weather is a lot easier. You could have simply ignored the last 10 years and then jump back on the bandwagon when things get better.

Somehow, it's in my blood, however, and I can't do that.

You were a Bills fan before there was even a Bills team

Night Train
01-12-2010, 11:11 AM
I'm a die hard fan but also predicted a 5-11 season back in the summer. Rose colored glasses ruin the wardrobe.

Being honest doesn't mean you ever give up. You just hope Ralph bumps his head and does the polar opposite of the last 10 years.

Mike in Syracuse
01-12-2010, 11:40 AM
The entire discussion of trying to qualify fandom is STUPID.

We're talking about following a sports teams. There's no requirement you sign on for life nor are you required to pledge a level of allegiance to a team.

It's a voluntary affiliation, deal with it.

Zero
01-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Cost vs Benefits show us that:

Fair Weather Fans: get all of the benefits, like winning, and few of the costs, like watching a poor team & wasting time on these boards like Die Hard Fans... like us...

Die Hard Fans:, get all of the same benefits as Fair Weather Fans, but Far more Costs. More Times, and Money Costs, and Emotional Involvement Costs...

Results: its seems logically, it is more beneficial to be a fair weather fan...

It's better for your health to be a fair weather fan. But have your team win when you're fair weather just doesent feel the same way.

My life might be easier ( and happier) if I was a casual fan but I wouldnt want it that way. I know you've day-dreamed about the Bills winning it all. You know you would lose your mind. I think the feeling might approximate that of winning the lottery. And you know why? Because of all the emotional investment in this team. At the moment of victory you would recall every heartbreak, every dissappointment and you would realize that it was all worth it.That's what keeps ME going...