X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baseballdad
    • Jan 2010

What if...1/15/10

Sorry everyone but my meds are kicking in and after reading SOOOOO much about this and nothing really making any logical sense to me it made me wonder. You know deafening silence and complete denial from those involved usually means someone's up to no good. Must just be the father in me so I got to thinking...

What if there really is a 1/15/10 announcement and it pertains to some plan for ownership shift (Kelly & Thomas, etc.). Why would you (if you are RW, RB, JK & TT) want to announce a major HC hiring before that date? Wouldn't you want to really splash the Friday event with telling the world that the Bills are safe in Buffalo and the new ownership structure has also secured the most sought after coach to help bring it back the glory days? Wouldn't that make them immediate heroes?

If you spotted TT's twitter when he heard about JK's upcoming interview today on channel 7 it seemed odd to me that he seemed shocked that JK would be talking about Cowher. Why would he be concerned like that? It also sounded like JK was well prepared for deflecting the questions about the Chin too...like he wasn't even in the know...even I don't buy that one. TOO COY

This has been the most bizarre 2 weeks as EVERYONE is denying that there have even been discussions between OBD and BC. And yes they are trying to talk to Coordinators but not many are willing and if they are they are delaying the interviews as long as possible so maybe the word is out that there is something brewing. Funny how it doesn't seem like there are any interviews this week either. Maybe a coincidence but then again maybe not.

I am sure if there is some bigger ownership group involved in a transition those involved would want to make sure THEY are taking the limelight for the new AGE of Bills football.

And just add more fuel to the Black Helicopter theories there were 2 private jets that flew from Teterboro to BUF today. Another poster suggested that the Chin stays overnight in NYC after the Sunday gigs and since he supposedly flies in and out of Teterboro...well just another piece to a great conspiracy theory.

Here were the flights today
    Flight Finder Results
    Ident Status Departure Time Arrival Time Operator Aircraft
    OPT893 Arrived Mon 12:45PM EST Mon 01:33PM EST Flight Options Raytheon Hawker 800
    N525DP Arrived Mon 10:01AM EST Mon 10:52AM EST MEANS TO GO LLC Cessna Citation CJ1

Oh and I could not find any private flights from any NYC/NJ airports to Raleigh after 3:30pm Sunday which would be the assumed mode of transportation based on another poster who said he heard Cowher flew on CBS private jets from Raleigh. So it doesn't look like he went home and there have not been any flights from private flights from BUF to Raleigh today that I could find so who knows.

So again...just my conjecture but is sure seems like it could be a reasonable explanation for the lack of confirmed "NO" from ANYONE who really counts.

I don't know, maybe its nothing but if the TT comments about everyone being very excited on 1/15 were real then who knows maybe there is hope yet.
  • clumping platelets

Re: What if...1/15/10

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

i appreciate your post and think you could be on to something.

I also think that there is a chance that the most obvious picture can be shattered and reassembled ot look like something else. but you're usually left with extra pieces or not enough to make it look just right.

I don't think TT or JK would want to take credit over ralph. they respect him. if they could bring him in early, they would. they are all in the same boat.

That being said, you could be right. i hope you are. but the bills generally find a way to piss on us more often than make a perfect surprise and make all the boo boos better.

Comment

• BillsWin
        man amongst boys
        • Oct 2008

and Cowher watch 2010 continues...
        I am The Batman.

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

It isnt 100% January 15th. Thurm mentioned mid January, POSSIBLY the 15th.
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

and he mentioned on twitter when asked that he didn't say anything about the 15th.

Comment

• baseballdad
              • Jan 2010

Yeah I saw that too but it seemed like a lot of excitement from JK and TT about Cowher and at least TT on the date (so I have read on the earlier posts) up to the weekend and then...nobody knows or remembers anything. A whole case of dumb has been devoured by those who should know.

If their excitement was tipping their hand the ol' cone of silence might have been dropped on them and all involved.

Ahhh who knows. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we aren't the friggin bridesmaid again.

As we used to say in my days in corporate...your failure to inform us of what the plan is doesn't prevent us from making one up.

Comment

• Eventually
                • Jan 2010

If this 15th thing is real and something is going to be announced and a HC is going to be announced before then we have to realistically look at who that could be then.

I'm going to go with Cowher being out. Not that I want him to be out, just too much stacked in that direction to me invest any more emotion to believe that everyone is wrong anymore.

If it's Frazier, Brian S., or Grimm they cannot be named before the 15th so it cannot be them.

So if A HC is to be named before this date who then. Fewell? I'm not sure but hasn't he taken the Chicago DC job, anyway I hope so?

Best case scenario would be for Harbaugh . Thoughts?

Comment

• sven233
                  • Mar 2005

I can almost guarantee nothing will happen on the 15th. I am not sure how all of this got started, but from what i heard from Thurman was that he thought something big would happen, but I got the feeling that was more speculation on his part, not something that was guaranteed.

I am not saying that nothing is going to happen, but I hope you all temper your excitement because I have a feeling that the 15th may just come and go with nothing coming out of it. Just my guess.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

This all goes back to Sal's comments. He said he heard that there is a plan in place for Ralph to give the team to his heirs. I wonder if the heirs are his wife and Jim Kelly. I wouldn't be surprised if they finally address the state of this team and it's ability to stay in Buffalo.

Comment

• billsfootball1027
                      • Jan 2010

which TT twitter comments are you talking about?

Comment

• Ferrygoat
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        This all goes back to Sal's comments. He said he heard that there is a plan in place for Ralph to give the team to his heirs. I wonder if the heirs are his wife and Jim Kelly. I wouldn't be surprised if they finally address the state of this team and it's ability to stay in Buffalo.
                        Rueben Brown was on Shredd & Ragan and said that Ralph has publicly stated numerous times that Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas are his "two sons". Its about 3/4 of the way in.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Oh wow! Thats very interesting. Maybe Ralph is planning on willing the team to his wife, Thurman Thomas and Jim Kelly and then they will have to sell it to a rich guy who is in their group and willing to keep them here.

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

It's more likely, and possibly desireable, that this 15th thing is to announce the slaughter of that damn blue buffalo.

Comment

• elltrain22
                              • Sep 2003

My expectations, of course, have been lowered w/ all the empty promises, but one realistic "surprise" could be that the Bills are going to wear the standing Buffalo unies permanatley. That would be sweet if they did that!!
                              If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

Working...
                              X