PDA

View Full Version : What if...1/15/10

baseballdad
01-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Sorry everyone but my meds are kicking in and after reading SOOOOO much about this and nothing really making any logical sense to me it made me wonder. You know deafening silence and complete denial from those involved usually means someone's up to no good. Must just be the father in me so I got to thinking...

What if there really is a 1/15/10 announcement and it pertains to some plan for ownership shift (Kelly & Thomas, etc.). Why would you (if you are RW, RB, JK & TT) want to announce a major HC hiring before that date? Wouldn't you want to really splash the Friday event with telling the world that the Bills are safe in Buffalo and the new ownership structure has also secured the most sought after coach to help bring it back the glory days? Wouldn't that make them immediate heroes?

If you spotted TT's twitter when he heard about JK's upcoming interview today on channel 7 it seemed odd to me that he seemed shocked that JK would be talking about Cowher. Why would he be concerned like that? It also sounded like JK was well prepared for deflecting the questions about the Chin too...like he wasn't even in the know...even I don't buy that one. TOO COY

This has been the most bizarre 2 weeks as EVERYONE is denying that there have even been discussions between OBD and BC. And yes they are trying to talk to Coordinators but not many are willing and if they are they are delaying the interviews as long as possible so maybe the word is out that there is something brewing. Funny how it doesn't seem like there are any interviews this week either. Maybe a coincidence but then again maybe not.

I am sure if there is some bigger ownership group involved in a transition those involved would want to make sure THEY are taking the limelight for the new AGE of Bills football.

And just add more fuel to the Black Helicopter theories there were 2 private jets that flew from Teterboro to BUF today. Another poster suggested that the Chin stays overnight in NYC after the Sunday gigs and since he supposedly flies in and out of Teterboro...well just another piece to a great conspiracy theory.

Here were the flights today
Flight Finder Results
Ident Status Departure Time Arrival Time Operator Aircraft
OPT893 Arrived Mon 12:45PM EST Mon 01:33PM EST Flight Options Raytheon Hawker 800
N525DP Arrived Mon 10:01AM EST Mon 10:52AM EST MEANS TO GO LLC Cessna Citation CJ1

Oh and I could not find any private flights from any NYC/NJ airports to Raleigh after 3:30pm Sunday which would be the assumed mode of transportation based on another poster who said he heard Cowher flew on CBS private jets from Raleigh. So it doesn't look like he went home and there have not been any flights from private flights from BUF to Raleigh today that I could find so who knows.

So again...just my conjecture but is sure seems like it could be a reasonable explanation for the lack of confirmed "NO" from ANYONE who really counts.

I don't know, maybe its nothing but if the TT comments about everyone being very excited on 1/15 were real then who knows maybe there is hope yet.

clumping platelets
01-11-2010, 11:14 PM
:popcorn:

trapezeus
01-11-2010, 11:15 PM
i appreciate your post and think you could be on to something.

I also think that there is a chance that the most obvious picture can be shattered and reassembled ot look like something else. but you're usually left with extra pieces or not enough to make it look just right.

I don't think TT or JK would want to take credit over ralph. they respect him. if they could bring him in early, they would. they are all in the same boat.

That being said, you could be right. i hope you are. but the bills generally find a way to piss on us more often than make a perfect surprise and make all the boo boos better.

BillsWin
01-11-2010, 11:18 PM
and Cowher watch 2010 continues...

BillsWin
01-11-2010, 11:20 PM
It isnt 100% January 15th. Thurm mentioned mid January, POSSIBLY the 15th.

trapezeus
01-11-2010, 11:21 PM
and he mentioned on twitter when asked that he didn't say anything about the 15th.

baseballdad
01-11-2010, 11:28 PM
Yeah I saw that too but it seemed like a lot of excitement from JK and TT about Cowher and at least TT on the date (so I have read on the earlier posts) up to the weekend and then...nobody knows or remembers anything. A whole case of dumb has been devoured by those who should know.

If their excitement was tipping their hand the ol' cone of silence might have been dropped on them and all involved.

Ahhh who knows. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we aren't the friggin bridesmaid again.

As we used to say in my days in corporate...your failure to inform us of what the plan is doesn't prevent us from making one up.

Eventually
01-12-2010, 12:14 AM
If this 15th thing is real and something is going to be announced and a HC is going to be announced before then we have to realistically look at who that could be then.

I'm going to go with Cowher being out. Not that I want him to be out, just too much stacked in that direction to me invest any more emotion to believe that everyone is wrong anymore.

If it's Frazier, Brian S., or Grimm they cannot be named before the 15th so it cannot be them.

So if A HC is to be named before this date who then. Fewell? I'm not sure but hasn't he taken the Chicago DC job, anyway I hope so?

Best case scenario would be for Harbaugh . Thoughts?

sven233
01-12-2010, 12:28 AM
I can almost guarantee nothing will happen on the 15th. I am not sure how all of this got started, but from what i heard from Thurman was that he thought something big would happen, but I got the feeling that was more speculation on his part, not something that was guaranteed.

I am not saying that nothing is going to happen, but I hope you all temper your excitement because I have a feeling that the 15th may just come and go with nothing coming out of it. Just my guess.

Michael82
01-12-2010, 12:50 AM
This all goes back to Sal's comments. He said he heard that there is a plan in place for Ralph to give the team to his heirs. I wonder if the heirs are his wife and Jim Kelly. I wouldn't be surprised if they finally address the state of this team and it's ability to stay in Buffalo.

billsfootball1027
01-12-2010, 01:23 AM
which TT twitter comments are you talking about?

Ferrygoat
01-12-2010, 01:57 AM
This all goes back to Sal's comments. He said he heard that there is a plan in place for Ralph to give the team to his heirs. I wonder if the heirs are his wife and Jim Kelly. I wouldn't be surprised if they finally address the state of this team and it's ability to stay in Buffalo.

Rueben Brown was on Shredd & Ragan and said that Ralph has publicly stated numerous times that Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas are his "two sons". Its about 3/4 of the way in.

http://www.wedg.com/goout.asp?u=/article.asp?id=1648145

Michael82
01-12-2010, 02:50 AM
Oh wow! Thats very interesting. Maybe Ralph is planning on willing the team to his wife, Thurman Thomas and Jim Kelly and then they will have to sell it to a rich guy who is in their group and willing to keep them here.

Typ0
01-12-2010, 05:11 AM
It's more likely, and possibly desireable, that this 15th thing is to announce the slaughter of that damn blue buffalo.

elltrain22
01-12-2010, 06:01 AM
My expectations, of course, have been lowered w/ all the empty promises, but one realistic "surprise" could be that the Bills are going to wear the standing Buffalo unies permanatley. That would be sweet if they did that!!

YardRat
01-12-2010, 06:10 AM
If it's already in place, why wait until the 15th to make the announcement.

And TT is in no shape to be part of an ownership group.

X-Era
01-12-2010, 06:15 AM
If it's already in place, why wait until the 15th to make the announcement.

And TT is in no shape to be part of an ownership group.

Insert web image of Ralph Wilson in a pair of shorts and T-shirt here:

Coach Sal
01-12-2010, 06:16 AM
I'm still not convinced Thurman actually said this on WGR.

I'm not saying he didn't. But no one has been able to find any kind of audio or specific transcript of some sort, and now TT himself says he never said that.

Maybe he was just hoping, or even expecting the team to make a "big splash" and said something along those lines? And then people ran with it and it just took on a life of its own?

If he DID say there WOULD be a big splash.....I'd like to know what date he specifically said that, if anyone knows?!

Billz_fan
01-12-2010, 06:21 AM
Ahh the 15th again.

Did anyone check the Mayan calender to see if there was anything about the Bills ?

You poor souls :laughter:

Yasgur's Farm
01-12-2010, 06:24 AM

I'm not saying he didn't. But no one has been able to find any kind of audio or specific transcript of some sort, and now TT himself says he never said that.

Maybe he was just hoping, or even expecting the team to make a "big splash" and said something along those lines? And then people ran with it and it just took on a life of its own?

If he DID say there WOULD be a big splash.....I'd like to know what date he specifically said that, if anyone knows?!TT absolutely did say "big slash"... I even did a thread with link. I don't have time now, but maybe I'll look it up this evening.

Night Train
01-12-2010, 06:26 AM
Mid January = Obama bailing out the Bills. :bf1:

Finally, a pork project that favors this community :up:

Yasgur's Farm
01-12-2010, 06:28 AM

If he DID say there WOULD be a big splash.....I'd like to know what date he specifically said that, if anyone knows?!Here's my thread with the link.
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=184477&highlight=splash

baseballdad
01-12-2010, 06:58 AM
which TT twitter comments are you talking about?

My reference to TT's tweets were from the following between Pat Moran and TT yesterday that occurred around the time that Pat announced the TV interview.

@thurmanthomas Jim Kelly is supposed to speak about Cowher on Channel 7 today at 5pm newscast.

@PatrickMoranBSD really

then

@thurmanthomas Yeah. Julie Fine interviewed me about billboard and then was talking to Jim about Cowher after, dont know what he said.

@PatrickMoranBSD Hmmmm

Just sounded odd to me like TT was surprised that JK might be talking about it.

jamze132
01-12-2010, 07:07 AM
No way does Ralph leave the Bills to two x-players.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-12-2010, 07:30 AM
If you guys think "Cheap Ralph" is going to leave a 3/4 billion dollar concern to a couple ex players you are loopy

why would he work for 90 years just to provide lasting wealth to his family just to pawn it off on these guys?

Also, ther is no way Kelly OR TT have the $ to buy it.... its going to take a HUGE ownership group of the KELLYs or TTs level people.

NFL owners travel in the $ stratasphere...... Players in the Kelly era are generally NOT anywhere near that level of wealth

elltrain22
01-12-2010, 07:32 AM
If you guys think "Cheap Ralph" is going to leave a 3/4 billion dollar concern to a couple ex players you are loopy

why would he work for 90 years just to provide lasting wealth to his family just to pawn it off on these guys?

Also, ther is no way Kelly OR TT have the $ to buy it.... its going to take a HUGE ownership group of the KELLYs or TTs level people.

NFL owners travel in the $ stratasphere...... Players in the Kelly era are generally NOT anywhere near that level of wealth

Maybe I'm loopy, but I could very much see Ralph leaving his business to TT & JK. We'll see though, your probably right, and I"m probably wrong.

BigZ
01-12-2010, 09:06 AM
The link from WGR that draz54 posted keeps talking about a Big Splash but reads to me like they want to make it about the new coach. TT says he want to be part but nothing I read even alludes to ownership.

We still don't know anything.

I do agree with bbdad that things are moving almost too slowly and that something might be "UP". Either that or it's just our FO incompetence and we'll be naming a new HC sometime in March!

On another note, I do like the less hostile atmosphere around here over the past 18 hours or so. We're all on edge and would like to see something happen but let's not rip each other apart.

:sailor:

trapezeus
01-12-2010, 10:21 AM
the non hostile edge is because there are now no stories to rip apart. and being one who was super excited last friday for a press conference because some admin was flying back to NYc, i'm beginning to realize the bills aren't working on some grand plan to wow the fans.

they are struggling to keep their head above water and are looking just about anyone to interview. They have no plan (shocker as they haven't had one for 10 years), they have no clue (ralph has no timetables set for anything regarding his team), and they just don't care. They want their season ticket money. so i'm sure they are looking at cheaper alternatives. Perhaps they are looking at keeping TO and signing donovan. Together again and more mature. Let's see how it all works out.

This is the stupidity we've been subjected to as a fanbase. I don't know why we think it'd be any different this time around.

That all being said, cowher still won't just come out and say no, so there is a huge level of intrigue. but i won't believe it until i see it.

This team won't hurt me again.

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 10:23 AM
the Jan 15 Thurman Thomas spec can officially end now.

He told me personally in no uncertain terms that he never said there is anything going down specifically planned for January 15

elltrain22
01-12-2010, 10:27 AM
the Jan 15 Thurman Thomas spec can officially end now.

He told me personally in no uncertain terms that he never said there is anything going down specifically planned for January 15

I love Thurman, always will, but thats pretty crappy. I know he said something about a big splash, and we all (Bills fans) "we're gonna get something nice for Christmas" (or something like that). Surely it wasn't Buddy Nix. I think he thought it mighta been something, but it didn't pan out the way he anticipated. If thats the case, next time be honest w/ us, and don't get our hopes up, bc at this point, we need anything positive.

trapezeus
01-12-2010, 10:36 AM
i thought someone tweeted thurman last night and he was shocked. he had no idea what the 15th was all about.

I guess whatever chance we had to turn this team around quickly and with force has left the building. Can cowher please just come out and say no, now! DO IT!

Beebe's Kid
01-12-2010, 10:46 AM
the non hostile edge is because there are now no stories to rip apart. and being one who was super excited last friday for a press conference because some admin was flying back to NYc, i'm beginning to realize the bills aren't working on some grand plan to wow the fans.

they are struggling to keep their head above water and are looking just about anyone to interview. They have no plan (shocker as they haven't had one for 10 years), they have no clue (ralph has no timetables set for anything regarding his team), and they just don't care. They want their season ticket money. so i'm sure they are looking at cheaper alternatives. Perhaps they are looking at keeping TO and signing donovan. Together again and more mature. Let's see how it all works out.
:fishing:

This is the stupidity we've been subjected to as a fanbase. I don't know why we think it'd be any different this time around.

That all being said, cowher still won't just come out and say no, so there is a huge level of intrigue. but i won't believe it until i see it.

This team won't hurt me again.

While my first thought was to compare this to an A&E movie, I thought better, and will just say: Yeah they will. Your dug in too deep, as am I. Not unlike the A&E movie format, we are the abused wife/girlfriend/daughter/mother/sister/cousin/uncle... and we keep coming back. If you made it this long, you are not in possession of pain threshold.

Just trust in it to be ok, because unless you got $1 bil...that's all we got.

Beebe's Kid
01-12-2010, 10:47 AM
i thought someone tweeted thurman last night and he was shocked. he had no idea what the 15th was all about.

I guess whatever chance we had to turn this team around quickly and with force has left the building. Can cowher please just come out and say no, now! DO IT!

I tweeted Thurman...

I asked about "splash" he said would happen on 15th...

He said he never said that....

I said sorry, he said cool, but he didn't know anything about the 15th.

trapezeus
01-12-2010, 11:20 AM
thanks. i couldn't remember if it was you or ddaryl.

your right. i said i wouldn't be hurt this season, and even though i predicted between 3-13 and 5-11, i didn't think the bills could play a brand of football more boring than the years past. but they did...routinely. I didn't think i could hate dick jauron the coach any more, but he kept doing his thing.

I couldn't believe we had a nother year of practice squaders getting elevated to the starter role, players who didn't need to be on IR were put on IR, playeres who didn't need to be cut to activate players who didn't need to be made active occurred.

They are just the most miserable people on the face of the earth in that front office. It's one thing to not listen to the fans on some issues, but they have spited us for years and we've been right for years. Just hire a fan to do this stuff from coaching to GMing. we'd have had more luck by now.

Michael82
01-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Maybe it's not the 15th...but for BOTH Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas to be there and speak at Buddy Nix's press conference, you can't tell me that there is not something going on. And don't forget about Sal's comments about this organization finally having a plan to set the team up when Ralph passes away.

baseballdad
01-12-2010, 01:44 PM
With Pat posting his non-news the "extremely guarded" Chin position on coaching adds a little more evidence of something amiss here. Why not talk to his CBS buddies and not be willing to chat with the local Raleigh papers? Doesn't sound like a situation where he hasn't been contacted by OBD or that there is nothing being discussed.

Just another piece to the puzzle