PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills Now! tonight at 9:05pm.......join me and chat live

Coach Sal
01-12-2010, 07:08 AM
Buffalo Bills Now! 9:05pm tonight!!

I plan on doing the show almost every week in the offseason.

With things changing by the hour and new rumors every minute, tonight should be another interesting show. Come on by and tune in and have some fun with me about all that's going on.

I'll give my thoughts on all the "rumors," how crazy all this has been over the past couple weeks, and of course any new news I have regarding the head coaching search, including updates on the Bill Cowher situation.

I'll also go over all the Bills final stats both individually and as a team, and take a look at how they stack up against the league.

You have to register if you want to be part of the chat. Otherwise, you can still watch. It's all right here at 9:05pm!!!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/buffalo-bills-now

Hope to see you there!!

Coach Sal
01-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Don't forget......NFL Now! starts at 8pm to get you ready.

Johnny and I will review wild card weekend and give our picks - and get yours, too - on the 2nd round games!!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nfl-now

elltrain22
01-12-2010, 07:13 AM
Can't wait.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-12-2010, 07:15 AM
I'll be their, I may even call in if you're going to take calls tonight.

T-Long
01-12-2010, 07:16 AM
Im actually going to miss the shows tonight, but I'll be sure to watch it later tonight when I get home

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-12-2010, 07:26 AM
What Bill Cowher situation?
Isnt he on a jet to OP right now?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

elltrain22
01-12-2010, 07:31 AM
What Bill Cowher situation?
Isnt he on a jet to OP right now?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

LOL!! Honestly, the Bill Cowher situation is not a situation, and we all need to move on, and set our sights on realistic choices like Frazier, Schott JR or SR, Rivera, or Grimm.

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 07:58 AM
Will have to play catch-up missing first 15 minutes.

I'm covering a Canisius vs Timon basketball game tonight, normalcy!

Coach Sal
01-12-2010, 08:00 AM

Let us know if you spot Bill Cowher there. ;)

Dr. Lecter
01-12-2010, 08:00 AM
Will have to play catch-up missing first 15 minutes.

If Cowher is there, tell him I said hi!

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 08:02 AM
If Cowher is there, tell him I said hi!

Funny you should say that.

You know who very well may be there? Tom Donahoe

I got pics of him too from last time. He goes to a lot of Canisius games, he must have a family member on the team.

I covered a Canisius game before Xmas (dont remember the opponent was part of a tournament) and Donahoe was there.

ZAZusmc03
01-12-2010, 08:34 AM
I'll try to make it to the shows, reminders are set on my phone so hopefully nothing gets in the way!

Michael82
01-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Damn, I'll miss the show tonight. I'll definitely catch the replay tomorrow morning.

On a side note...you ever think about having the show on a different day during the offseason? Or is Tuesday your best day for it?

hammerbillsfan
01-12-2010, 01:30 PM
On a side note...you ever think about having the show on a different day during the offseason? Or is Tuesday your best day for it?

:cynic: Mikey, the show doesn't evolve around you.

Michael82
01-12-2010, 01:44 PM
:cynic: Mikey, the show doesn't evolve around you.
I know that and I hate ****ing replies like this. You sound like Eb!

I was just wondering if he was thinking of doing a Sunday night show once in a while during the offseason. In the regular season, he did a Sunday and Tuesday one. That's why I asked. So...BITE ME! :mad:

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-12-2010, 01:44 PM
I will probably tune in.

Coach Sal
01-12-2010, 02:40 PM
I will probably tune in.

Love to have you there, TO. Hope you can tune in.

Coach Sal
01-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Damn, I'll miss the show tonight. I'll definitely catch the replay tomorrow morning.

As of right now, Tuesday's are best because it's the same day we do the NFL show, I can can get it all done in one night, which makes it a lot easier. We decided Tuesdays originally because we couldn't do it on Monday Nights due to MNF and it was still close enough to review the things that happened Sunday. It wasn't old news. I have a TV show on Thursdays. So that was out.

Also, yes, I am going to try to do a show every Tuesday in the offseason, but may also have "special" shows once in a while if something big happens. If I can't do a Tuesday, I'll be sure to let everyone know when it will be that week.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Love to have you there, TO. Hope you can tune in.

that's really nice of you, I'll be there.

Michael82
01-12-2010, 03:12 PM
As of right now, Tuesday's are best because it's the same day we do the NFL show, I can can get it all done in one night, which makes it a lot easier. We decided Tuesdays originally because we couldn't do it on Monday Nights due to MNF and it was still close enough to review the things that happened Sunday. It wasn't old news. I have a TV show on Thursdays. So that was out.

Also, yes, I am going to try to do a show every Tuesday in the offseason, but may also have "special" shows once in a while if something big happens. If I can't do a Tuesday, I'll be sure to let everyone know when it will be that week.
Thanks for doing this, man! I can't wait to listen to it after work tomorrow. :up:

BTW, what do you mean your TV show? Is it available online? :D

Coach Sal
01-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Thanks for doing this, man! I can't wait to listen to it after work tomorrow. :up:

BTW, what do you mean your TV show? Is it available online? :D

It is when I put it there. I have been so bogged down with this Cowher stuff and my Bills show, I haven't been able to update my Youtube page which has the TV show - a live call-in show in Sarasota. It's like Sports Reporters if you've never seen it.

Michael82
01-12-2010, 03:34 PM
It is when I put it there. I have been so bogged down with this Cowher stuff and my Bills show, I haven't been able to update my Youtube page which has the TV show - a live call-in show in Sarasota. It's like Sports Reporters if you've never seen it.
yeah I've seen that. I'll have to check it out sometime. :up:

New Ro's Greatest
01-12-2010, 06:42 PM
I'll be there as usual Coach!!!!!!!! GO BILLS:biggrin:

jdbillsfan
01-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Any new news?

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Any new news?

he layed out a Cowher timeline starting in Mid December

Novacane
01-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Any new news?

Kelly heavily involved. Cowher initially said no Jan 6th then Bills called in Kelly, Thurm, etc to try and convince him.

Commissioner
01-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Funny you should say that.

You know who very well may be there? Tom Donahoe

I got pics of him too from last time. He goes to a lot of Canisius games, he must have a family member on the team.

I covered a Canisius game before Xmas (dont remember the opponent was part of a tournament) and Donahoe was there.

You should interview him and get his take on the Bills.....

Jaybird
01-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Kelly heavily involved. Cowher initially said no Jan 6th then Bills called in Kelly, Thurm, etc to try and convince him.

Any more updates???

Missed the show tonight

trapezeus
01-12-2010, 09:21 PM

Wow, when we were all pissing our pants that it was imminent, he said no. what more can kelly and thurman do but beg. if he has adequate reasons, he has adequate reasons.

if he simiply just doesn't like the city or something, then **** the guy.

Novacane
01-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Any more updates???

Missed the show tonight

That's basically it on Cowher. Just said that as of last thursday the 7th Bills were putting on the "full court press" on Cowher with Kelly heavily involved . Has not heard anything from his sources since then.

Novacane
01-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Forgot this. Grimm is the Bills second choice.

Jaybird
01-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Forgot this. Grimm is the Bills second choice.

is that your opinion?

Novacane
01-12-2010, 09:31 PM
is that your opinion?

no. Sals sources

Jaybird
01-12-2010, 09:32 PM
no. Sals sources

thanx man. I would be a fan of that move

Mudflap1
01-12-2010, 09:34 PM
I wasn't able to make it because I had to work late. I have a question though to Sal, or someone else (if they even have an answer for this):

If Cowher said no on the 6th, then the Bills put the full court press on with Kelly, Thurman, etc., why have neither Cowher nor the Bills officially said that Cowher is out of the running? Not holding out much hope, just curious.

Novacane
01-12-2010, 09:38 PM
He said that's the weird part. Sal said this is only his OPINION 1. Cowher again told them no but they asked him to keep it quiet so they don't look bad being rejected 2. Cowher is still considering the Bills. Again.....this was OPINION! Don't anyone run over to BB.com and say Cowher still considering Bills :lol:

schubbard
01-12-2010, 09:52 PM
What if Cowher told them No to the current offer (for example, $x for coaches, $y for players, $z for scouting...), but he might reconsider if the Bills were willing to spend $2x on coaches... or Ralph offered a% of the team and Cower is holding out for b%?

(Total speculation on my part - It just seems to me that if the door was totally closed, at least Cowher would say something to someone. Why the complete silence if the answer is a concrete no? Just because the Bills asked?)

Mudflap1
01-12-2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I wonder why sources are saying Cowher wants to coach again for sure in 2010, yet the Bills appear to be the only semi-real job at this point (I'm not counting the possibility of Oakland). Is he holding out hope for the Panthers? Fox told Glazer he was basically staying in Carolina unless something unbelievable happened (which won't, because there are no other jobs available). It's just weird there has been not been a public ackowledgement of a rejection. At this point, as a fan, I would rather just move on if he's not coming. I already know the reason has to be some combination of the fact that the Bills have a bad reputation and no one any good wants to come coach for them.

Philagape
01-12-2010, 10:08 PM
If Cowher's answer is no, I'm assuming the silence from both sides is out of respect to whoever the Bills hire. No one would want to be publicly known as the Bills' second choice (or third or fourth, etc).

Mudflap1
01-12-2010, 10:14 PM
If Cowher's answer is no, I'm assuming the silence from both sides is out of respect to whoever the Bills hire. No one would want to be publicly known as the Bills' second choice (or third or fourth, etc).

Why not? USC openly professed that Mike Riley was their first choice, then Jeff Fisher, then Jack Del Rio, then Lane Kiffin. Kiffin took the job, and people are pretty happy out here about it. That's life. You make up a list of coaches you want, and you go out and see who will come work for you.

Philagape
01-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Why not? USC openly professed that Mike Riley was their first choice, then Jeff Fisher, then Jack Del Rio, then Lane Kiffin. Kiffin took the job, and people are pretty happy out here about it. That's life. You make up a list of coaches you want, and you go out and see who will come work for you.

Not everyone has the same philosophy

jdbillsfan
01-12-2010, 10:19 PM
no. Sals sources

Hopefully the Cards lose this weekend.

Coach Sal
01-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Thanks, everyone.

Looks like you got the notes and quotes down pretty good.

I'm no sure it was exactly Jan 6 Cowher said NO, but I was told on JAN 6. That's when I was told they were putting on the "full court press."

Ralph's comments were the NEXT DAY.

I haven't heard one peep since.

That's why I think something could still happen, but am waiting just like everyone else.

Mudflap1
01-12-2010, 10:27 PM
I am listening to the replay now. My wife and I both had food poisoning at the same time. I feel the pain Sal!

Demon
01-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Great show tonight Sal. The whole "Cowher" thing is pretty interesting for many of the reasons you mentioned tonight and you said earlier today you would help fill in some of the blanks, and i think you did. After you heard Cowher said no, Kelly and Thomas got involved and the Bills began a "full court press". Everyone said no way and then the guy from buffalo range said he heard Cowher was in town on SATURDAY. Maybe it is true. Maybe they are talking still. Weirder things have happened but i'm lost all faith in Cowher coming here. I just don't see it, maybe all the negative people out there got to me but Buffalo and Cowher just don't mix.

ps. hope your wife feels better man.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-12-2010, 10:28 PM
I haven't heard one peep since.

That's why I think something could still happen, but am waiting just like everyone else.

Now see if you carefull look at Sals quote above you can clearly see the ILL in the word STILL. So clearly there is a hidden message there that if you add the W and remove the ST you have the word WILL. So obviously what he was trying to say was SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN.

YES! YOU heard it here FIRST..... something WILL HAPPEN!

I am soooo happy now!

Coach Sal
01-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Great show tonight Sal. The whole "Cowher" thing is pretty interesting for many of the reasons you mentioned tonight and you said earlier today you would help fill in some of the blanks, and i think you did. After you heard Cowher said no, Kelly and Thomas got involved and the Bills began a "full court press". Everyone said no way and then the guy from buffalo range said he heard Cowher was in town on SATURDAY. Maybe it is true. Maybe they are talking still. Weirder things have happened but i'm lost all faith in Cowher coming here. I just don't see it, maybe all the negative people out there got to me but Buffalo and Cowher just don't mix.

ps. hope your wife feels better man.

Thank You.

And Thank You.

She's not out of the woods, but better.

Mudflap1
01-12-2010, 11:03 PM
After listening, I agree with your assessment. I'm certainly not going to get my hopes up, but until someone from the Bills or Cowher comes out and says "he's not coming", then there is still some smoke with this deal. Very strange it is so underground, but that's exactly what it is. I agree that Cowher publicly rejected the Jets last year, so why not the Bills? This must be something where he really has the itch to coach, and is mulling over the reality with his family that Buffalo may be the only option while Jimbo and co. are bringing out the welcome wagon in full force.

We shall see. It's not dead though, until shown otherwise.

Dr. Lecter
01-13-2010, 05:59 AM
I missed the end, as my internet was down until sometime in the middle of the night.

mikemac2001
01-13-2010, 08:30 AM
And then he and his family sees the billboard and is wowed and takes the job can't believe he said no but didn't go public strange

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 09:03 AM
[quote=Mudflap1]Thanks for the clarification. I wonder why sources are saying Cowher wants to coach again for sure in 2010, yet the Bills appear to be the only semi-real job at this point (I'm not counting the possibility of Oakland). Is he holding out hope for the Panthers? [quote]

That's what I think.

I haven't had a chance to listen to the show yet (I covered a big high school hoops game last night), and I'm reckoning to get a listen right now (my Buddy Nix impression), I'm about to now while I work on things.

trapezeus
01-13-2010, 09:44 AM
if he said no, but the bills are sending in the so called big K-guns, i think this is dead in the water. Cowher ain't a stupid man. he isn't going to let logic tell him that he says no, and then do his pal Kelly a favor and coach the team. He doesn't want the gig. Begging and pleading with him isn't going to change the story.

Sal, thanks for the additional information. i wish i could have listened last night. but you have been very valuable on this storyline. Only talking when you had concrete stuff and putting our minds at ease.

Michael82
01-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Is he holding out hope for the Panthers?

Yes he is. And that's why I still have hope. Once it's made official that John Fox is not leaving and will be the head coach of the Carolina Panthers, that's when Bill Cowher might give us another chance.

trapezeus
01-13-2010, 11:18 AM
mikey, i think you are on the verge of getting hurt big time.

If you were bill cowher, and the bills were a middle of the pack team and you really wanted to coach the bills, would you really look at the raiders? already comfortable with a decent savings, a cushy job that is totally stress free, and all you want is to coach your hometown bills, would you look at the raiders?

Sure the raideres have a couple buddies who are telling you, "go, it'll work out for you. you'll turn it around in no time. we'll give you everything you need." Still, your wife is happy where she is, the kids call buffalo home, why would you go? you have no need. Sure, you miss coaching, but you have plenty of people in the business, you stay fresh with tons of film study at CBS.

If you look at it under that lens, it seems like an impossibility for him to show up here. HE can wait carolina out all day, through the strike. Carolina doesn't have to pay a severance next year, they still have a decent young qb, a decent set of players to build on, and a relatively easy division.

Would you go to a division with the patriots, the high spending jets, and a parcells led miami team?

The odds are catastrophically set against him coming. i think we all need to just realize that.