PDA

View Full Version : McKelvin almost 100% and ready for OTAs "right now"

Coach Sal
01-12-2010, 08:04 AM
I love this kid. I think he's going to be a solid NFL CB for many years, and maybe even an elite one. Love his attitude, too:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/McKelvin-almost-100-percent/ad9ef3d5-ce5d-4dba-9166-962e8ee76966

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 08:07 AM
I have faith in Mckelivn to develope with some new coaches... who will also smack him upside the head if he plays all loosey goosey with the football on kickoff returns again.

Beebe's Kid
01-12-2010, 08:46 AM
I have faith in Mckelivn to develope with some new coaches... who will also smack him upside the head if he plays all loosey goosey with the football on kickoff returns again.

Loosey goosey?

He was trying to make a play, because that is what he does. He is an athlete that didn't want to just go down. Bellicheat instructed his guys "Get the f#$king ball from that kid!"

Special teams genius, Bobby April, should have told Leodis "Listen, if you get a return, go down when you get hit, don't let them hold you up and strip the ball."

That is the difference between a winning/losing culture. Pats* knew that if they wanted to win, they needed the ball, and they were going to do whatever it took to get it, while we didn't realize that they were going to do whatever it took, and that a second year player might not be able to balance the need to protect the ball over the need to make a play.

Not attacking, I just don't blame Leodis for that as much as I blame the coaches.

I am excited to see him back. I hope he develops into the player you think he can be, Sal.

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 08:48 AM
His injury was undervalued.

This defense would've been a lot better in the second half of the season had he been healthy.

Florence would've been a solid nickel, and even after McGee went down Corner could've stayed in his nickel role.

How many times was Corner abused when he was forced to start? He's brutal on the outside.

Cleve
01-12-2010, 08:51 AM
If he had to sit out 13 out of 16 games, or 82% of the season WHY couldn't one of those games been the New England game?

Just our luck.

Beebe's Kid
01-12-2010, 08:56 AM
His injury was undervalued.

This defense would've been a lot better in the second half of the season had he been healthy.

Florence would've been a solid nickel, and even after McGee went down Corner could've stayed in his nickel role.

How many times was Corner abused when he was forced to start? He's brutal on the outside.

I thought it was amusing that in the Atlanta game, his best plays were "Illegal contact downfield," penalties. That way he didn't get burned for a TD, only a 5yd penalty repeat the down....ummm yeah, we would have been a lot better with Leodis in there!!

Thief
01-12-2010, 09:04 AM
I think short term Florence is better.

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 09:07 AM
I think short term Florence is better.

yes.

But with McKelvin we got three good corners.

elltrain22
01-12-2010, 10:17 AM
I know this thread is about McKelvin, but does anyone know what Eric Wood timeframe is gonna be. Obviously OTAs are outta the question, but do the Bills expect him back in time for preseason?

jamze132
01-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Well hopefully with no more Club Jauron and a new training staff hopefully, all these injuries will subside next season so we can stop playing like the Mets.

justasportsfan
01-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Special teams genius, Bobby April, should have told Leodis "Listen, if you get a return, go down when you get hit, don't let them hold you up and strip the ball."

how do you know he didn't?

Cleve
01-12-2010, 10:36 AM
how do you know he didn't?

Well, if that did happen then McKelvin should have grown a pair, manned up, and come out and stated publicly that he disobeyed the clear instructions from the sidelines and did his own thing, instead of letting April take the heat.

DraftBoy
01-12-2010, 10:37 AM
Good to see Leodis is ready, we'll need him next year!

justasportsfan
01-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Well, if that did happen then McKelvin should have grown a pair, manned up, and come out and stated publicly that he disobeyed the clear instructions from the sidelines and did his own thing, instead of letting April take the heat.

I think not saying anything would be the best way to go.

Cleve
01-12-2010, 10:46 AM
I think not saying anything would be the best way to go.

A person that lets somebody else take the blame for their failures can never be a real man.

justasportsfan
01-12-2010, 11:11 AM
A person that lets somebody else take the blame for their failures can never be a real man.

he's letting someone else take the blame by keeping quiet?

Until somone comes out and says who said what, you're just guessing .

Demon
01-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Loosey goosey?

He was trying to make a play, because that is what he does. He is an athlete that didn't want to just go down. Bellicheat instructed his guys "Get the f#$king ball from that kid!"

No. He was an idiot that tried to be a hero. Epic fail.

How do you know this? You were in the huddle?

I love McKelvin too and still have high hopes for him but that play was just dumb. It is what it is. In the long run, he may have done us a favor because i doubt Jauron would have gotten fired so quickly had we won that first game.

we are
01-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Leodis made the right decision coming out of the endzone...i'll defend that to my death. His mistake as not having two hands on the ball the entire time.

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Loosey goosey?

That is the difference between a winning/losing culture. Pats* knew that if they wanted to win, they needed the ball, and they were going to do whatever it took to get it, while we didn't realize that they were going to do whatever it took, and that a second year player might not be able to balance the need to protect the ball over the need to make a play.

Not attacking, I just don't blame Leodis for that as much as I blame the coaches.

I am excited to see him back. I hope he develops into the player you think he can be, Sal.

Well of course the coaches should be the ones to make sure McKelvin knew how to handle the kick off

but if you recall that Patriots game, he fumbled the previous kickoff but we recovered. He was playing very loosey goosey with the ball in traffic

he did the EXACT same thing the next kickoff that cost us that game. He was fighting for a lousy extra yard and tried ot stay up instead of going down. Common sense alone should have told McKelvin to do it it differently the 2nd time with the game on the line..

but I do save some angst for Jauron and April on that because IMO McKelvin should have been sat down after the 1st fumble and been talked to, and knowing how Jauron ran things I'm pretty sure that never happened :penalty:

Demon
01-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Leodis made the right decision coming out of the endzone...i'll defend that to my death. His mistake as not having two hands on the ball the entire time.

Same here. But once he got nailed, he should have went down. Fighting for an extra yard against a bunch of goons who were trying to steal the ball from you was just plain stupid.

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 11:53 AM

the other mistake was fighting for a lousy extra 1/2 yard while 3 or so NE Patriots were on him

Cleve
01-12-2010, 11:56 AM
he's letting someone else take the blame by keeping quiet?

Until somone comes out and says who said what, you're just guessing .
Huh? YOU were responding to Beebe's Kid's post that blamed April for not instructing McKelvin to protect the ball at all costs.

Your first response was "how do you know he didn't?"

So my posts are in response to yours. IF McKelvin was instructed by April or one of the other Special Teams staff to protect the ball, and then he went out there DISOBYED A DIRECTIVE FROM HIS SUPERVISOR and showboated and the team took a loss because of it, and then McKelvin lets the coaching staff take the heat for it by keeping quiet that makes him an enormous PUSSY in my book.

justasportsfan
01-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Huh? YOU were responding to Beebe's Kid's post that blamed April for not instructing McKelvin to protect the ball at all costs.

Your first response was "how do you know he didn't?"

So my posts are in response to yours. IF McKelvin was instructed by April or one of the other Special Teams staff to protect the ball, and then he went out there DISOBYED A DIRECTIVE FROM HIS SUPERVISOR and showboated and the team took a loss because of it, and then McKelvin lets the coaching staff take the heat for it by keeping quiet that makes him an enormous PUSSY in my book.
I know what I was responding to and you implied that keeping quiet about it is putting blame on someone else. Not always. NOt in this situation.

If it was indeed his fault , the coaches and teammates know this already. Talking about how he blew it would bring more negative stuff upon himself. Talking about it isn't going to help you move on quickly.

Point is, no one knows what April teaches his players unless you're on the team or played for April.