PDA

View Full Version : My take on the coaching search

M
01-12-2010, 08:14 AM
I still believe Bill Cowher is the end game. It seems to me like there is some sort of gag order in place … whether it’s from Cowher for reasons only known to him and CBS or from OBD until the whole mysterious succession plan is announced (why were Jim Kelly and Thurman at Nix’s “coming out” party??) I’m not going to concede to the naysayers – looking at you, Adam Schefter – until Cowher actually comes out and turns the Bills HC job down.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
But, if Cowher actually doesn’t become the new HC, I have no views on all of the coordinators in play. Unlike most of you, I’m guessing, I don’t watch any other football other than the Bills so I can’t comment on who I think would be a good coach or why. I’m going to support the new coach and just hope for the best.<o:p></o:p>
But until the fat lady sings, I’ll keep watching the show! <o:p></o:p>

Mahdi
01-12-2010, 08:25 AM
The only thing keeping the Cowher hope alive is Cowher himself since he has not come out and stated that he won't take the job.

If we were to look at every other factor though, media, Ralph, conducting other interviews, it would be clear that Cowher is not coming here.

Beebe's Kid
01-12-2010, 08:33 AM
I am curious, are people waiting for Cowher to hold a presser saying he has been offered the Buffalo job, but will decline? Never going to happen.

Cowher wants to coach, just not here. He does not owe the public, or Bills fans an answer or explanation. That would have been given to RW and RB.

It is not Cowher we are waiting on, it is RB or RW, and if they are letting this get strung out by BC, so he can make sure no other jobs will open up, or save himself some face by not saying "no" to anybody, they need to cut bait, and go to plan B....if there is a plan B.

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 08:48 AM
I still truly billieve Coach Cowher will be the Bills HC..

I don't know why, but I can't shake that gut feeling even in the face of all this nay saying.. something is still telling me it will go down... ( and no I am not high at the moment)

Michael82
01-12-2010, 08:51 AM
I am curious, are people waiting for Cowher to hold a presser saying he has been offered the Buffalo job, but will decline? Never going to happen.

Cowher wants to coach, just not here. He does not owe the public, or Bills fans an answer or explanation. That would have been given to RW and RB.

It is not Cowher we are waiting on, it is RB or RW, and if they are letting this get strung out by BC, so he can make sure no other jobs will open up, or save himself some face by not saying "no" to anybody, they need to cut bait, and go to plan B....if there is a plan B.
Every other time he has declined a job, it was leaked out. Although it was usually from the team. If he told the Bills no, we would have found out by now. I think there is some truth to the rumors and wouldn't be surprised if they are still negotiating or maybe holding off until the Ownership thing is dealt with...

Michael82
01-12-2010, 08:52 AM
I still truly billieve Coach Cowher will be the Bills HC..

I don't know why, but I can't shake that gut feeling even in the face of all this nay saying.. something is still telling me it will go down... ( and no I am not high at the moment)
I complete agree!

Don't Panic
01-12-2010, 09:01 AM
One thing I definitely don't buy is the contractual obligation to CBS. He would never limit himself by making it so that he couldn't take a job should it come available. It doesn't make any sense at all.

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Most people think or say they have sources that say no Cowher.

The only who has publicly stated word for word that Cowher isn't coming to Bufaflo is Adam Schefter.

I believe him, and I reported so.

the beating he'd take in beating wrong is enormous. He is 100% convinced.

But I have no idea why he's not reported WHY he knows Cowher isnt coming.

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 09:18 AM

The only who has publicly stated word for word that Cowher isn't coming to Bufaflo is Adam Schefter.

My only beef is... Cowher hasn;t turned the job down. By now, if he jknew he wasn't coming he would have politely declined IMO :darth:

Cowher doesn't come across as an *******, so I would think with all the hype Bills fans have placed on him he would not be "using" us or hangnig us out to dry if there was absolutly no chance... This just doens't make any sense to me at all. :brace:

Sure he can use us for leverage, but c'mon does Cowher actually need leverage ???? The guy is going to get top buck where ever he decides to go, and if he just doesn't want the Bills job he'll obvioulsy accept a little less to coahc where he is ok with coaching then. :mehmeh:

I have no idea what is really happening, but I'm going to follow the bread crumbs myself and they don't lead to Schefters "no Chance" :superman:

elltrain22
01-12-2010, 09:23 AM

Did he tell you why he wasn't coming. I know that if he did, you're probably not at liberty to go into detail why that is, but did Schaefter at least give you the reason why Cowher will not take the job? Thanks Pat.

Michael1222
01-12-2010, 09:23 AM
COWHER IS NOT COMING. IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN PEOPLE!!