PDA

View Full Version : Jim Kelly appreciates you; vows to do his part

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 08:37 AM
There’s no meeting in the middle when it comes to the Bill Cowher billboard erected Monday by this site thanks to the donations of hungry Buffalo Bills fans. Either you love the idea, or you hate it. Trust me I’ve gotten numerous emails stating both. Very few people don’t have a strong opinion one way or the other.

One person that can be chalked up to supporting the plan is Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly. Kelly, speaking to WIVB claimed what most already know; for better or worse Buffalo Bills fans are a dedicated bunch and will do whatever necessary on their end to bring a winner to Western New York.

“These are Bills fans. They’ll do whatever it takes. It doesn’t matter. God bless ‘em. And I understand the money over what it cost the billboard will go to Hunter’s Hope, so great job guys,” said Kelly.

For the record, Kelly wasn’t joking. He said off camera he’s been extremely busy but plans on calling Cowher, vowing to try and “sell him on the upside of turning the Buffalo franchise around”.

FULL STORY (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/01/jim-kelly-appreciates-you-vows-to-do-his-part/)

Beebe's Kid
01-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Nice scan of the RC, Pat!

That is a good article, but check me if I'm wrong here, but didn't JK say he was going to be heavily involved in our search, and even spoke about there being a big target the Bills were going after with everything they had?

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Nice scan of the RC, Pat!

That is a good article, but check me if I'm wrong here, but didn't JK say he was going to be heavily involved in our search, and even spoke about there being a big target the Bills were going after with everything they had?

I can't confirm what he said when Nix was hired, I dont remember to be honest.

What I can confirm is he's been extremely busy with his "Kelly for Kids" foundation, and hasn't talked to Cowher personally. He told Julie off-camera he is definitely going to call him and she confirmed this to me.

To say that matters now is a stretch, but it doesn't hurt.

He did say he would be involved with the hiring of a coach regardless, though I don't know his terminology.

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Uh Jimbo WTF. Call Cowher already. WTF are you waiting for?

DMBcrew36
01-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks Jim, we know you are on the same page with the fans, but you aren't gonna change ****. John Guy and Modrak are still here and we aren't going to get the coach we want. No one wants to come here and you can't change that.

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Jim is currently my personal Savior. DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE DMB.

SABURZFAN
01-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Jimbo could show Cowher some of the best local bars in WNY too. Cowher will need to go somewhere to avoid The Old Fart's meddling.... that's if Kelly can talk him into coming to Buffalo.

DBrown77
01-12-2010, 09:43 AM
We're looking desperate......we are desperate

jamze132
01-12-2010, 10:13 AM
No doubt about, Jim Kelly is one person who honestly give a **** about us fans. I really appreciate everything that he has and is doing to bring some respectablity and stability to OBD.