PDA

View Full Version : I don't want any coach who has turned down an interview with the Bills

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2010, 09:00 AM
I want a guy who has heart and wants to be here.

There are only 32 head coaching positions in this league. The balls on some of these Coordinators to not even interview is mind boggling.

Focus on guys who have the guts to get this job done right.

(Cowher is the exception though if he changes his mind I am all for that)

Billz_fan
01-12-2010, 09:02 AM
lol way to take a stand (with exceptions)

Night Train
01-12-2010, 09:03 AM
That's like saying I don't wish to marry any girl that turned me down on a date.

psubills62
What is amazing to me is that Detroit got one of the better coordinators the year they were looking for a HC in Jim Schwartz. Yet no one wants to come to Buffalo? Is this organization that pathetic?

I wonder how much the hiring of an in-house GM has contributed to prospective coaches turning us down.

Don't Panic

There are only 32 head coaching positions in this league. The balls on some of these Coordinators to not even interview is mind boggling.

Second that... and Cowher has never publicly declined, so you're safe.

Run_Two_Three
01-12-2010, 09:04 AM

LOL. Great Post man. Not.

First off, I'm willing to bet that the coordinators we've pursued are saying No because they are focused on the task at hand of trying to win a Super Bowl. Do you want a guy who puts himself ahead of the team? No. Obviously not.

Seems pretty clear to me that the coordinators would take the interview if it wasn't a distraction to their focus.

Also, for you to say its ok for Cowher to play cat and mouse with us, let his agent start rumors and BS just trying to get someone else to make a move for him, that you'd just take him in. That makes me laugh.

Your completely backwards in your logic, but that's nothing new I bet.

Cowher is the one coach so far who actually should be pissing fans off and be off our radar. He's the one with the lack of heart and desire, who'd take a job at CBS over ours. And quit on the Steelers too.

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2010, 09:04 AM
lol way to take a stand (with exceptions)
DON'T YOU DARE LOL ME

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2010, 09:05 AM

First off, I'm willing to bet that the coordinators we've pursued are saying No because they are focused on the task at hand of trying to win a Super Bowl. Do you want a guy who puts himself ahead of the team? No. Obviously not.

Seems pretty clear to me that the coordinators would take the interview if it wasn't a distraction to their focus.

Also, for you to say its ok for Cowher to play cat and mouse with us, let his agent start rumors and BS just trying to get someone else to make a move for him, that you'd just take him in. That makes me laugh.

Cowher is the one coach so far who actually should be pissing fans off and be off our radar. He's the one with the lack of heart and desire, who'd take a job at CBS over ours. And quit on the Steelers too.
It was a better post than this nonsense.

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Second that... and Cowher has never publicly declined, so you're safe.
EXACTLY.

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2010, 09:06 AM
That's like saying I don't wish to marry any girl that turned me down on a date.
No it is completely different actually. I am talking about football head coaches and you are talking about skanks.

Night Train
01-12-2010, 09:09 AM
you are talking about skanks.

Leave Jauron out of this

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Leave Jauron out of this
Sorry! :(

Run_Two_Three
01-12-2010, 09:14 AM
It was a better post than this nonsense.

About the type of response I'd expect from a mental giant like yourself.

That's what people do here. They make a statement, and then when someone with a brain provides healthy debate to prove they are way off base, they can't think of anything to say, so they say "oh that post sucked you make no sense"

I think you proved me right with the way you literally can't say anything.

What if your a coordinator and you interview for a head coaching job? What are you going to be thinking about during film session the next day? The San Diego Chargers, New Orleans Saints, or your potential new team?

They aren't interviewing with anybody else, either. And from the reports I've heard, they pretty much say as long as my current team is still in the hunt.

If I was in the hunt, I wouldn't want my coordinators taking job interviews. That's for sure.

Don't bother replying, I know you won't be able to think of anything smart to say.

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2010, 09:15 AM

That's what people do here. They make a statement, and then when someone with a brain provides healthy debate to prove they are way off base, they can't think of anything to say, so they say "oh that post sucked you make no sense"

What if your a coordinator and you interview for a head coaching job? What are you going to be thinking about during film session the next day? The San Diego Chargers, New Orleans Saints, or your potential new team?

They aren't interviewing with anybody else, either. And from the reports I've heard, they pretty much say as long as my current team is still in the hunt.

If I was in the hunt, I wouldn't want my coordinators taking job interviews. That's for sure.

Don't bother replying, I know you won't be able to think of anything smart to say.
Oh calm down man.

I presented my feelings on the coaching search and you don't agree that I felt that way. Not sure how you are in my mind to know that, and frankly it freaks me out a little bit.

RockStar36
01-12-2010, 09:15 AM

Bye bye

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2010, 09:17 AM
RS Run_Two_Three is A ok in my book. He is just frustrated like the rest of us and doesn't understand my style of posting. I am known to bring out the worst in people only to bring out the best at a later date.

RockStar36
01-12-2010, 09:18 AM
RS Run_Two_Three is A ok in my book. He is just frustrated like the rest of us and doesn't understand my style of posting. I am known to bring out the worst in people only to bring out the best at a later date.

It's the same person who was banned last week. Same person who has since created about four aliases to circumvent the ban.

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2010, 09:25 AM
Oh ok! Well I don't want to be the reason someone is banned is all.

Mr. Pink
01-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Oh ok! Well I don't want to be the reason someone is banned is all.

You Sir are REDICULOUS for getting people banned like that!

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2010, 09:31 AM
You Sir are REDICULOUS for getting people banned like that!
I can't help it.... :(

Philagape
01-12-2010, 09:32 AM
He did have a point, though, in that people are thinking coordinators on playoff teams have rejected the Bills when they're just focusing on the playoffs.

SABURZFAN
01-12-2010, 09:36 AM
It's the same person who was banned last week. Same person who has since created about four aliases to circumvent the ban.

who was it?

hydro
01-12-2010, 09:45 AM
who was it?

Juice probably.

SABURZFAN
01-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Juice probably.

WOW!!!!!!!! i never missed him. still don't.

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2010, 09:47 AM
He did have a point, though, in that people are thinking coordinators on playoff teams have rejected the Bills when they're just focusing on the playoffs.
Sure. If they have done that they haven't rejected the Bills they have delayed their interview. This is what bugs me about the media. WHICH IS IT?

SABURZFAN
01-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Sure. If they have done that they haven't rejected the Bills they have delayed their interview. This is what bugs me about the media. WHICH IS IT?

ask Joe Logan. :whistle:

jamze132
01-12-2010, 09:53 AM
Well we can't have that now can we?

Doesn't the Billszone do anything about people circumventing their banishment?

trapezeus
01-12-2010, 10:14 AM
well, even though the Juice alter ego was annoying, i'll agree with him in the sense that i think alot of coordinators are saying no as a result of doing his current team a favor. Show them he's focused on the task at hand.

I also think the bills would look at that favorably provided that they heard, "i can't interview at this time because i have to get my team ready for the weekend. I love the job opportunity and hope it is still an option when we finish the task i was hired to do."

If they just say,"not interested, loser town" then i agree, i don't want that guy.

HAMMER
01-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Thurm, are you a Narc?

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Thurm, are you a Narc?
**** NO!!!!!!! :refuse:

Typ0
01-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Thurm, if we were in the playoffs would you want our coordinators to take a timeout and be out interviewing for head coaching jobs or would you want them with our team focused on the business at hand? You aren't going to get the former by interviewing guys right now for the job...

mikemac2001
01-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Thurm, if we were in the playoffs would you want our coordinators to take a timeout and be out interviewing for head coaching jobs or would you want them with our team focused on the business at hand? You aren't going to get the former by interviewing guys right now for the job...

Thats y if we don't get cowher we will likely have to wait a few weeks to get some of this OC to give some interviews i don't mind them saying no right now they want to stay focus on there team which deserves that

DraftBoy
01-12-2010, 11:02 AM

Damn you! He had thanked like 5 of my posts already! How the hell will my internet rep survive?

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2010, 11:38 AM
I don't have a problem with this. I was speaking more on the guys that say No to the Bills because they don't like the situation. They are weakminded cowards.

DraftBoy
01-12-2010, 11:43 AM
I don't have a problem with this. I was speaking more on the guys that say No to the Bills because they don't like the situation. They are weakminded cowards.

To my knowledge nobody has said no for that reason yet. So to whom are you referring?

RockStar36
01-12-2010, 11:47 AM

Has any person who has said no actually said it's because they don't like the situation, or is that the media and fans saying that?

I have no issue with Grimm saying no right now. They lost the Super Bowl last year and right now 100% of his focus should be on winning the Super Bowl this year.

If the Bills were in the playoffs, I wouldn't want their important coordinators interviewing with other teams until the season was over.

DraftBoy
01-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Has any person who has said no actually said it's because they don't like the situation, or is that the media and fans saying that?

I have no issue with Grimm saying no right now. They lost the Super Bowl last year and right now 100% of his focus should be on winning the Super Bowl this year.

If the Bills were in the playoffs, I wouldn't want their important coordinators interviewing with other teams until the season was over.

Complete agreement!

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2010, 12:10 PM
To my knowledge nobody has said no for that reason yet. So to whom are you referring?
Anybody that does say that.

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2010, 12:12 PM

Who knows man
It is impossible to tell with everyone and their mother "TWEETING" :limp: this and that. Who knows what the hell is going on. It may very well turn out that none of them turned down the interview but actually just pushed it off.

TheBrownBear
01-12-2010, 12:47 PM
For those of you bashing these guys that are turning down the job - question for you: If you're them, why would you put yourself in a position to fail? For many of these guys, their first head coaching gig will be their one and only chance to prove they belong as a head coach in the league. Look at the guys who were in horrible situations (franchise-wise) and how their careers were railroaded (Mornhingweg, Crennel, Williams, etc.). Sure, they've bounced back as coordinators, but are they likely coaching candidates any time soon? Maybe these guys are terrible coaches, or maybe they just were saddled with terrible front offices. If I'm a desirable head coaching candidate, I wait until a position opens that I feel I have a reasonable chance to succeed in. Are the Bills that type of organization?

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2010, 01:00 PM
For those of you bashing these guys that are turning down the job - question for you: If you're them, why would you put yourself in a position to fail? For many of these guys, their first head coaching gig will be their one and only chance to prove they belong as a head coach in the league. Look at the guys who were in horrible situations (franchise-wise) and how their careers were railroaded (Mornhingweg, Crennel, Williams, etc.). Sure, they've bounced back as coordinators, but are they likely coaching candidates any time soon? Maybe these guys are terrible coaches, or maybe they just were saddled with terrible front offices. If I'm a desirable head coaching candidate, I wait until a position opens that I feel I have a reasonable chance to succeed in. Are the Bills that type of organization?
Yes there are only 32 positions to do this job IN THE WORLD. To turn down one of these positions outright shows no heart and no confindence in themselves.

Typ0
01-12-2010, 04:44 PM

Who said no to the Bills because they don't like the situation? I'm pretty confident you are talking about absolutely no one. It's the media that speculates they don't like the situation and they are full of crap IMO. Those guys all respect the league and the privledge they would have even interviewing for a head coaching position.

HAMMER
01-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Who said no to the Bills because they don't like the situation? I'm pretty confident you are talking about absolutely no one. It's the media that speculates they don't like the situation and they are full of crap IMO. Those guys all respect the league and the privledge they would have even interviewing for a head coaching position.

I don't think anyone would come out and say that publicly, not at least while the Bills are still searching. But you can be sure it is the reason that established top tier coaches aren't beating a path through the snow to OBD.

Saratoga Slim
01-12-2010, 07:21 PM

If what you're saying is that none of the coordinators have actually declined to interview yet, but rather have simply just declined to interview while their teams are still in the playoff hunt, I fully agree with that. And I likewise don't hold it against them for putting the hold on career-development interviews until they've wrapped up their commitment to their current teams. Frankly, that's admirable.

But I disagree with the quote "Great post man. Not." First of all, nobody cool has said "not" in that context since it was OK to wear Zubaz. If you're going to call someone out, use a put down from this century. Second, I don't know why there's been so much in the way of personal attacking in the past weeks, but it's getting annoying. Just talk football, fellas.