• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

I have some Cowher non-news, news

DISCLAIMER- This is not real news, but I do find it interesting enough.

I just spoke to a sports editor for the Raleigh News & Observer. I told him info about the billboard, and all the coverage it's received in Buffalo and has been reported all over the place. I told him I was working on getting some mileage on it to Raleigh, which is where Cowher moved back to a few years ago.

He didn't have any Cowher news to report, but I find this interesting. He told me that they and other media outlets in Raleigh have been trying to get Cowher to sit down for an interview for the past 2 weeks, and he's not talked to ANYBODY. He's not made a single comment and hasn't done a single interview. The editor has called him "exclusively guarded"

But here is what I found most interesting.
    "He isn't even talking to his buddies at CBS in New York about coaching." he said. Yes, he's been so guarded that not even the guys he works with in NY have gotten comments from him."

Its unconfirmed but highly speculated that Cowher asked Casserly on Sunday to not even mention his name when Casserly did his segment so he wouldn't be put on the spot for a comment.

I call this non-news in the sense that it doesnt give any momentum towards him coaching or returning to CBS.. But it's at least interesting that he's talking to literally nobody.

I mean this guy said that even friends of Cowher that papers down there try to use as sources claim they have no idea.

Oh, and Bill Cowher (I know there was a thread somewhere) was NOT in Buffalo and I'm told he's NEVER been in Buffalo to meet with the Bills.

They have met either by phone or in person, as Ralph Wilson confirmed. But it was not in Buffalo.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: I have some Cowher non-news, news

he also tells me if he gets to talk, or anyone else to Cowher, he will call me and give me a heads-up

Comment

• mikemac2001
      is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
      • Mar 2003

Are you getting any plugs in NC

MUCK
      FIAMI

Comment

• Don't Panic
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Dec 2005

Pat Moran... you better be careful or you're going to end up a journalist. Very impressive...

Comment

• Dicknoze69
          Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
          • Jul 2002

Given Cowher's quick denials of interest in jobs during past offseasons, I find it interesting that he hasn't come out and said he's not interested.

I feel like he wants to coach again now, but doesn't want to coach in Buffalo. With that said, my hunch and other evidence leads me to believe he hasn't given us a firm 'no'.

God give me style and give me grace
          God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

no

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Good stuff Pat, I appreciate and understand completely what it is you do. Keep it up and don't let the douchers here get you down.

I find this "news" rather interesting as well and it can't do anything but hold some sliver of hope that he is seriously considering the Bills job. We all know OBD has one hell of a poker face when it comes to bringing in new people and it wouldn't suprise me if they are in cahoots with Cowher. Of course none of us know what Cowher is thinking but with him not saying anything to anybody, it obviously involves his future in the NFL.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                • Mar 2003

Pat so "no" to getting any plugs ?

or still working on getting the billboard news down there

MUCK
                FIAMI

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

i'm really going to hate bill cowher for this freakish pain.

This is like asking the hot girl out and having her say, "maybe, i just have to check something" and then not getting back to you for days. I can only wait by my phone for so long until i totally turn on her and say, "who is SHE to making ME wait!"

Comment

• Mike in Syracuse
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    DISCLAIMER- This is not real news, but I do find it interesting enough.

I just spoke to a sports editor for the Raleigh News & Observer. I told him info about the billboard, and all the coverage it's received in Buffalo and has been reported all over the place. I told him I was working on getting some mileage on it to Raleigh, which is where Cowher moved back to a few years ago.

He didn't have any Cowher news to report, but I find this interesting. He told me that they and other media outlets in Raleigh have been trying to get Cowher to sit down for an interview for the past 2 weeks, and he's not talked to ANYBODY. He's not made a single comment and hasn't done a single interview. The editor has called him "exclusively guarded"

But here is what I found most interesting.
                    "He isn't even talking to his buddies at CBS in New York about coaching." he said. Yes, he's been so guarded that not even the guys he works with in NY have gotten comments from him."

Its unconfirmed but highly speculated that Cowher asked Casserly on Sunday to not even mention his name when Casserly did his segment so he wouldn't be put on the spot for a comment.

I call this non-news in the sense that it doesnt give any momentum towards him coaching or returning to CBS.. But it's at least interesting that he's talking to literally nobody.

I mean this guy said that even friends of Cowher that papers down there try to use as sources claim they have no idea.

Oh, and Bill Cowher (I know there was a thread somewhere) was NOT in Buffalo and I'm told he's NEVER been in Buffalo to meet with the Bills.

They have met either by phone or in person, as Ralph Wilson confirmed. But it was not in Buffalo.
                    So I does this means that guys like Schefter are lying to you. They have no sources?
                    Last edited by Mike in Syracuse; 01-12-2010, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus
                      i'm really going to hate bill cowher for this freakish pain.

This is like asking the hot girl out and having her say, "maybe, i just have to check something" and then not getting back to you for days. I can only wait by my phone for so long until i totally turn on her and say, "who is SHE to making ME wait!"

But you want to tap it so bad

MUCK
                      FIAMI

Comment

• baseballdad
                        • Jan 2010

There is that deafening cone of silence I mentioned in my thread...very interesting.

Nice probing Pat!

Do you have any way to ask Chris Berman his thoughts since he seems quite close to Ralph. Although he probably wouldn't let the cat out of the bag...but if he chooses to play dumb too...all the more intrigue.

Comment

• Michael1222
                          • Jan 2010

Great job Pat as always. You are doing more then anyone I believe re: this story.

I personally think Cowher is waiting to see what happens w/ the Carolina job. He may have some knowledge that Fox may get fired/bought out in the coming weeks. That's why he is silent.

Comment

• elltrain22
                            • Sep 2003

Pat, did Adam Scheffter give you a reason why Cowher does not want to coach here? Surely he didn't just tell you Cowher says no, and thats it. Can you tell us what he told you that was so over the top, that made you believe he's not coming? If you can't say I understand. If you can't say, can you at least tell me did he give you a good reason why Cowher isn't coming. Thanks for all you do.
                            If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mike in Syracuse
                              So I does this means that guys like Schefter are lying to you. They have no sources?
                              I just sent him a message asking who's he's blackmailed. Let's see if he answers; probably won't.

Comment

Working...
                              X