PDA

View Full Version : I have some Cowher non-news, news

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 10:00 AM
DISCLAIMER- This is not real news, but I do find it interesting enough.

I just spoke to a sports editor for the Raleigh News & Observer. I told him info about the billboard, and all the coverage it's received in Buffalo and has been reported all over the place. I told him I was working on getting some mileage on it to Raleigh, which is where Cowher moved back to a few years ago.

He didn't have any Cowher news to report, but I find this interesting. He told me that they and other media outlets in Raleigh have been trying to get Cowher to sit down for an interview for the past 2 weeks, and he's not talked to ANYBODY. He's not made a single comment and hasn't done a single interview. The editor has called him "exclusively guarded"

But here is what I found most interesting.
"He isn't even talking to his buddies at CBS in New York about coaching." he said. Yes, he's been so guarded that not even the guys he works with in NY have gotten comments from him."

Its unconfirmed but highly speculated that Cowher asked Casserly on Sunday to not even mention his name when Casserly did his segment so he wouldn't be put on the spot for a comment.

I call this non-news in the sense that it doesnt give any momentum towards him coaching or returning to CBS.. But it's at least interesting that he's talking to literally nobody.

I mean this guy said that even friends of Cowher that papers down there try to use as sources claim they have no idea.

Oh, and Bill Cowher (I know there was a thread somewhere) was NOT in Buffalo and I'm told he's NEVER been in Buffalo to meet with the Bills.

They have met either by phone or in person, as Ralph Wilson confirmed. But it was not in Buffalo.

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 10:01 AM
he also tells me if he gets to talk, or anyone else to Cowher, he will call me and give me a heads-up

mikemac2001
01-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Are you getting any plugs in NC

Don't Panic
01-12-2010, 10:05 AM
Pat Moran... you better be careful or you're going to end up a journalist. Very impressive...

Dicknoze69
01-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Given Cowher's quick denials of interest in jobs during past offseasons, I find it interesting that he hasn't come out and said he's not interested.

I feel like he wants to coach again now, but doesn't want to coach in Buffalo. With that said, my hunch and other evidence leads me to believe he hasn't given us a firm 'no'.

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 10:06 AM
no

jamze132
01-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Good stuff Pat, I appreciate and understand completely what it is you do. Keep it up and don't let the douchers here get you down.

I find this "news" rather interesting as well and it can't do anything but hold some sliver of hope that he is seriously considering the Bills job. We all know OBD has one hell of a poker face when it comes to bringing in new people and it wouldn't suprise me if they are in cahoots with Cowher. Of course none of us know what Cowher is thinking but with him not saying anything to anybody, it obviously involves his future in the NFL.

mikemac2001
01-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Pat so "no" to getting any plugs ?

or still working on getting the billboard news down there

trapezeus
01-12-2010, 10:10 AM
i'm really going to hate bill cowher for this freakish pain.

This is like asking the hot girl out and having her say, "maybe, i just have to check something" and then not getting back to you for days. I can only wait by my phone for so long until i totally turn on her and say, "who is SHE to making ME wait!"

Mike in Syracuse
01-12-2010, 10:14 AM

I just spoke to a sports editor for the Raleigh News & Observer. I told him info about the billboard, and all the coverage it's received in Buffalo and has been reported all over the place. I told him I was working on getting some mileage on it to Raleigh, which is where Cowher moved back to a few years ago.

He didn't have any Cowher news to report, but I find this interesting. He told me that they and other media outlets in Raleigh have been trying to get Cowher to sit down for an interview for the past 2 weeks, and he's not talked to ANYBODY. He's not made a single comment and hasn't done a single interview. The editor has called him "exclusively guarded"

"He isn't even talking to his buddies at CBS in New York about coaching." he said. Yes, he's been so guarded that not even the guys he works with in NY have gotten comments from him."

Its unconfirmed but highly speculated that Cowher asked Casserly on Sunday to not even mention his name when Casserly did his segment so he wouldn't be put on the spot for a comment.

I call this non-news in the sense that it doesnt give any momentum towards him coaching or returning to CBS.. But it's at least interesting that he's talking to literally nobody.

I mean this guy said that even friends of Cowher that papers down there try to use as sources claim they have no idea.

Oh, and Bill Cowher (I know there was a thread somewhere) was NOT in Buffalo and I'm told he's NEVER been in Buffalo to meet with the Bills.

They have met either by phone or in person, as Ralph Wilson confirmed. But it was not in Buffalo.

So I does this means that guys like Schefter are lying to you. They have no sources?

mikemac2001

This is like asking the hot girl out and having her say, "maybe, i just have to check something" and then not getting back to you for days. I can only wait by my phone for so long until i totally turn on her and say, "who is SHE to making ME wait!"

But you want to tap it so bad :beers:

baseballdad
There is that deafening cone of silence I mentioned in my thread...very interesting.

Nice probing Pat!

Do you have any way to ask Chris Berman his thoughts since he seems quite close to Ralph. Although he probably wouldn't let the cat out of the bag...but if he chooses to play dumb too...all the more intrigue.

Michael1222
01-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Great job Pat as always. You are doing more then anyone I believe re: this story.

I personally think Cowher is waiting to see what happens w/ the Carolina job. He may have some knowledge that Fox may get fired/bought out in the coming weeks. That's why he is silent.

elltrain22
01-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Pat, did Adam Scheffter give you a reason why Cowher does not want to coach here? Surely he didn't just tell you Cowher says no, and thats it. Can you tell us what he told you that was so over the top, that made you believe he's not coming? If you can't say I understand. If you can't say, can you at least tell me did he give you a good reason why Cowher isn't coming. Thanks for all you do.

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 10:22 AM
So I does this means that guys like Schefter are lying to you. They have no sources?

I just sent him a message asking who's he's blackmailed. Let's see if he answers; probably won't.

jamze132
01-12-2010, 10:26 AM
I just sent him a message asking who's he's blackmailed. Let's see if he answers; probably won't.

His source is probably Berman's cabbie.

Ed
01-12-2010, 10:27 AM
It may not be that Cowher doesn't want to coach here, simply that he knows he holds all the cards, so why rush a decision when he doesn't know what all his options are yet. It appears that the Bills aren't in a big hurry to hire a guy and might even have to wait until the playoffs are over. If in a couple weeks Cowher decided that the Bills are the best option for him, I'm sure the job would still be his for the taking and he knows that.

trapezeus
01-12-2010, 10:28 AM
if cowher knows that fox is getting bought out, why doesn't he push that to forefront. That's when we should be hearing more "buffalo looks like a good option. they have young talent." and let the story leak some more that the bills are very close to a deal.

That pushes the panthers to make a decision.

My sense is that Cowher really wishes that panthers job was open, but knows that Panthers won't fire fox. They are just trying to mularkey him out of a job. Make him a dead man walking.

I suspect that Carolina is full of it when they say they'll promote from within. I am guessing that's how they'll get through the rooney rule and then select cowher.

As for people playing dumb, i'm not sure they are playing. i just think outside of these message boards, no national press really cares. They think Cowher isn't coming and anyone else hired won't sell papers or get viewers. Let's be honest it's going to garner more interest to know if Tony Romo is dating a superstar than it is if the bills hire another soontobefailure of a coach.

I think the silence from the media is per usual, and the silence from the bills is based on incompetence. at least that is what history would show.

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Pat Moran... you better be careful or you're going to end up a journalist. Very impressive...

People can say what they want about Pat.. I've come to respect him purely based upon the fact that he does the dirty work and tries to dig in the corners, and under rocks where most of us have no intention of going.

and it is these very reports that still give me my hope :topdog2: Cowher has not said no therefore there is a chance, and if he is truly this guarded about releasing any info then it even puts the reports coming from the Schefters in doubt :jig:

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 10:30 AM

Ya know.. I'd prefer to just let Schefter alone. I could care less about his opinion and you know he is not going to reveal a source so why bother :doh:

BigZ
01-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Thanks Pat.

Verrrry interesting.......

DraftBoy
01-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Good work Pat!

TigerJ
01-12-2010, 10:36 AM
It just gets curiouser and curiouser.

mrbojanglezs
01-12-2010, 10:37 AM
so then how are people like adam schefter SO CERTAIN that he won't

WagonCircler
01-12-2010, 10:40 AM
I still think you should have put the billboard in Raleigh.

It would have generated huge buzz, especially since they HATE Buffalo here in Raleigh.

A few thousand rowdy Sabres fans came down for a playoff game a few years ago (Conference Finals) and so offended the delicate yuppie sensibilities of the soccer moms and golfers here that they've been blackballed forever.

The Hurricanes fans (all 20 of them) actually think the Can'ts (err Canes) are rhe Sabres' rivals.

Anyway, it's carried over to the Bills to. They hate anything to do with Buffalo here.

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 10:41 AM

That's the million dollar question right now. He's the only one that's publicly reported with certainty.

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 10:44 AM

because Schefter does know someone who has said something to him, but IMO that someone is not getting the right/complete scoop either.

How could Schefter be the only one who has the inside scoop when every other yahoo can't even get face time with Cowher :pirate2:

mrbojanglezs
01-12-2010, 10:47 AM
if the guys at CBS don't know, NOONE KNOWS including schefter

Mr. Pink
01-12-2010, 10:48 AM
I know!

All you had to do was listen to me when people first started this nonsense.

:rofl:

Typ0
01-12-2010, 10:51 AM
People can say what they want about Pat.. I've come to respect him purely based upon the fact that he does the dirty work and tries to dig in the corners, and under rocks where most of us have no intention of going.

and it is these very reports that still give me my hope :topdog2: Cowher has not said no therefore there is a chance, and if he is truly this guarded about releasing any info then it even puts the reports coming from the Schefters in doubt :jig:

I have to question the rationalization behind this "dirty work". The people doing the dirty work are the ones digging through Cowher's trash or grooming his dog. Doing the dirty work is not interviewing other media people who are just speculating and have nothing to back it up. Nothing against Pat, he framed it the way he should have here, but the way people read into this crap is rediculous. You are so desparate for something you will cling to anything.

Neubs24
01-12-2010, 11:08 AM

Agreed

BlackMetalNinja
01-12-2010, 11:09 AM

It would have generated huge buzz, especially since they HATE Buffalo here in Raleigh.

A few thousand rowdy Sabres fans came down for a playoff game a few years ago (Conference Finals) and so offended the delicate yuppie sensibilities of the soccer moms and golfers here that they've been blackballed forever.

The Hurricanes fans (all 20 of them) actually think the Can'ts (err Canes) are rhe Sabres' rivals.

Anyway, it's carried over to the Bills to. They hate anything to do with Buffalo here.Well, except for the mass amount of us transplants here...

Night Train
01-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Yeah but Schefter,King & Lombardi said he's not coming,based on... nothing. :rolleyes:

Coach Sal
01-12-2010, 11:17 AM
I will have much more to say about all of this on my show tonight.

I'm not saying there's any kind of "major announcement" or "new news," but I can at least fill in a few more blanks.

BloFan4Life
01-12-2010, 11:19 AM
I do not get this at all!!!!

One day you are saying Cowher is NOT coming here and you are 100% sure because Schefter told you.

Today, you pretty much said Schefter is crap like we told you on Sunday but you flipped out.

What is it buddy?? Do you trust Schefter or not?? Do you understand why we were all pissed when you came out and said you source was Schefter?? He is just not reliable.

Also, I love how you say no one knows what Cowher is doing but then at the end you say he didn't meet in Buffalo. How do you know that they didn't meet in Buffalo if no one knows what Cowher is doing??? The story contradicts itself.

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 11:21 AM
I have to question the rationalization behind this "dirty work". The people doing the dirty work are the ones digging through Cowher's trash or grooming his dog. Doing the dirty work is not interviewing other media people who are just speculating and have nothing to back it up. Nothing against Pat, he framed it the way he should have here, but the way people read into this crap is rediculous. You are so desparate for something you will cling to anything.

I guess

I consider it dirty work, because I have no intention of calling anyone and asking them anything at all....

and yes I am putting the piecces together, and they clearly are telling me we still have reason to hope.

You call it clinging, but I call what others are doing as self psychie protection against possible rejection

BloFan4Life
01-12-2010, 11:21 AM

I'm not saying there's any kind of "major announcement" or "new news," but I can at least fill in a few more blanks.

I am not going to lie. I really enjoy your show and it has become a routine for me on Tuesday night. It is entertaining and you have a great radio personality. Keep up the good work, I will be tuning in tonight.

Demon
01-12-2010, 11:23 AM

How do you know this? Have you spoken to Cowher? You said nobody has talked to Cowher about coaching, so how do they know if Cowher didn't take a trip to Western NY for a day? I think the best theory is, based on the Carolina reporter, I DON'T THINK Cowher was in Buffalo. Nothing if confirmed unless Cowher or the Bills themselves say "He was never in Buffalo".

trapezeus
01-12-2010, 11:24 AM
i like how people think that these talking head people like schefter has anything to lose by saying an opinion.

All of these guys are routinely wrong. They are still on TV, people still hang on their words.

It's not so much that they present the news accurately, it's that they say what you want to here. If schefter said, "100% cowher is in buffalo for 2010." Schefter would be a hero. until the day comes that cowher doesn't sign.

Then he takes to the airwaves, "i don't know what to tell you. as of 2 days ago it was 100% accurate. I'm looking into why it changed."

No one cares, no one remembers because from that disappointment, there will be a leak that mcnabb took a flight from philly to nyc to buffalo. A limo driver friend took him to the club house. a doctor is doing the evaluation. Schefter will say, "donovan is 100% a bill:" and it'll happen, and everyone will remmeber him for getting that right. some might even say, "schefter really likes buffalo and its fans."

The whole thing is a farce.

theanswer74
01-12-2010, 11:25 AM
because Schefter does know someone who has said something to him, but IMO that someone is not getting the right/complete scoop either.

How could Schefter be the only one who has the inside scoop when every other yahoo can't even get face time with Cowher :pirate2:
I doubted Adam Schefter once before, when he was the ONLY one with Jason Peters hold out news. He was 100% correct then that Peters would hold out until the 1st game.

Adam Schefter does it right and has so many close sources that trust him.

Pinkerton Security
01-12-2010, 11:29 AM

Anyway, it's carried over to the Bills to. They hate anything to do with Buffalo here.

my cousin lives in Cary, and said there are a ton of new york folks there. I even went to a Buffalo Brothers restaurant there. Not questioning you, I was just curious as to whether maybe they hate Buffalo because there are so many of its inhabitants moving down there.

Throne Logic
01-12-2010, 11:32 AM

Well, maybe she's under contract to fulfill a previous commitment and she would like to do that to the best of her ability before she's willing to officially accept your offer.

Something about the "best things are worth waiting for".

Mike in Syracuse
01-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Pat,

You should have taken the money you spent on the billboard and used it to hire a private investigator. Get some guy to follow Cowher around for a couple of weeks and have him report his movements to you. Then you would have the inside info! :)

chernobylwraiths
01-12-2010, 11:39 AM

You know you will wait forever by that phone.

Zero
01-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Good stuff Pat, I appreciate and understand completely what it is you do. Keep it up and don't let the douchers here get you down.

Ditto and thanks for sharing...
:buddies:

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 11:41 AM

and I as many others appreciate yours and Pat's efforts in doing so

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 11:42 AM
You know you will wait forever by that phone.

LMAO.... ring dammit....

(ddaryl checks his phone every 30 seconds to see if there is a dial tone and to confirm the phone is not dead :dead: )

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Pat,

You should have taken the money you spent on the billboard and used it to hire a private investigator. Get some guy to follow Cowher around for a couple of weeks and have him report his movements to you. Then you would have the inside info! :)

oh sure now you come up with this great idea after the money has been spent :shutup:

chernobylwraiths
01-12-2010, 11:45 AM
LMAO.... ring dammit....

(ddaryl checks his phone every 30 seconds to see if there is a dial tone and to confirm the phone is not dead :dead: )

and you just KNOW she called one of those times you picked up to check.

DMBcrew36
01-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Cowher should state on CBS that Schefter doesn't know anything and that he should stop talking like he does.

elltrain22
01-12-2010, 12:03 PM

Pat, did Adam Scheffter give you a reason why Cowher does not want to coach here? Surely he didn't just tell you Cowher says no, and thats it. Can you tell us what he told you that was so over the top, that made you believe he's not coming? If you can't say I understand. If you can't say, can you at least tell me did he give you a good reason why Cowher isn't coming. Thanks for all you do.

BillsWin
01-12-2010, 12:04 PM
I can't wait for Sal's show. I'm hoping he can clear something up for me with his "filling in the blanks."

Michael82
01-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Each day goes by, the Cowher story gets more interesting. It's stuff like this that makes me wonder if there is some kind of handshake deal and it will be announced after the Super Bowl, along with his new staff.

I'm also curious about the fact that he has had his agent say no before. Not this time, he's choosing to keep quiet and refuses to even discuss it with his friends right now. Very weird!

elltrain22
01-12-2010, 12:08 PM
I can't wait for Sal's show. I'm hoping he can clear something up for me with his "filling in the blanks."

I wish Sal could get Scheffter on the phone. That would help fill in some of these blanks.

BillsFanCupp38
01-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Probably trying to make up his mind. Doesn't really know what he wants to do.

better days
01-12-2010, 12:15 PM
But you want to tap it so bad :beers:

And she is the HOT girl. You WILL wait for her call.

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 12:22 PM
And she is the HOT girl. You WILL wait for her call.

these damn hot girl / Cowher references keep forcing a picture of Cowher in a pink tutu... :curtsey:

and I really need for that to go away :bullseye:

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 12:23 PM
I wish Sal could get Scheffter on the phone. That would help fill in some of these blanks.

No it won't he's not revealing his source, and of course we'll just get the same opinion... which will leave us in the same perdicament :op:

trapezeus
01-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Each day goes by, the Cowher story gets more interesting. It's stuff like this that makes me wonder if there is some kind of handshake deal and it will be announced after the Super Bowl, along with his new staff.

I'm also curious about the fact that he has had his agent say no before. Not this time, he's choosing to keep quiet and refuses to even discuss it with his friends right now. Very weird!

god bless you mikey. I find that as each day goes by, this gets worse and worse by the moment.

The reason i think you're wrong is that the bills are still interviewing and asking for candidates to interview. If there was some magic surprise that the bills were trying to give the fans the day after the superbowl, it would be much quieter than what we've been hearing. You'd literally hear of no candidates, no requests. you'd hear more, "we are looking at our options and we hope to have a decision in the coming weeks."

Why would they waste people's time and effort for interviews if they already got their man?

They've pitched what they could to cowher. what i want to know is what the hang up is on why he wouldn't take the deal. what was the item he is asking for that the bills won't give him.

Cowher is your answer. There is no doubt about that. he walks into that lockeroom and the mitchell's and the denneys who talk about trying to be successful but give 0 effort on the field will be off the team in a heart beat. the lynch's who try when they want are gone. The people who love the game deeply and want to be coached up will start to excel.

No other coach is going to walk in that front door and command immediate reaction. you'll hvae these players try to keep in the status quo as club jauron. and as a result 2010 will be lost as another poor season. No one is allowed the bad mouth the new guy because he got such a crappy set of circumstance, even though we all know he just doesn't have what it takes.

Schobel will leave, players who are tired of losing will check out earlier and earlier. fewer and fewer free agents will look at buffalo.

Cowher is the answer. The bills have to realize this.

Mathja
01-12-2010, 12:39 PM

Each day that goes by without hearing that they've officially interviewed other potential candidates makes it even more interesting. I don't think they'd waste anyone's time if they thought they were going to get the answer they've been waiting and hoping for.

Our emotions continue to be toyed with. I guess it comes with the territory of being a fan.

Historian
01-12-2010, 12:43 PM

Sort of like when Richie Cunningham caught the guys replacing the meat in the school cafeteria on Happy Days...

Dr. Lecter
01-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Sort of like when Richie Cunningham caught the guys replacing the meat in the school cafeteria on Happy Days...

You are still 3 decades behind the times..............

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
01-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Looks like I'm relapsing, cracking a bottle of koolaid. Good stuff Pat and thanks for the info.

Michael82
01-12-2010, 01:10 PM
god bless you mikey. I find that as each day goes by, this gets worse and worse by the moment.

The reason i think you're wrong is that the bills are still interviewing and asking for candidates to interview. If there was some magic surprise that the bills were trying to give the fans the day after the superbowl, it would be much quieter than what we've been hearing. You'd literally hear of no candidates, no requests. you'd hear more, "we are looking at our options and we hope to have a decision in the coming weeks."

Why would they waste people's time and effort for interviews if they already got their man?

They've pitched what they could to cowher. what i want to know is what the hang up is on why he wouldn't take the deal. what was the item he is asking for that the bills won't give him.

Cowher is your answer. There is no doubt about that. he walks into that lockeroom and the mitchell's and the denneys who talk about trying to be successful but give 0 effort on the field will be off the team in a heart beat. the lynch's who try when they want are gone. The people who love the game deeply and want to be coached up will start to excel.

No other coach is going to walk in that front door and command immediate reaction. you'll hvae these players try to keep in the status quo as club jauron. and as a result 2010 will be lost as another poor season. No one is allowed the bad mouth the new guy because he got such a crappy set of circumstance, even though we all know he just doesn't have what it takes.

Schobel will leave, players who are tired of losing will check out earlier and earlier. fewer and fewer free agents will look at buffalo.

Cowher is the answer. The bills have to realize this.
Consider these new guys leverage or even a backup plan in case it falls thru.

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Looks like I'm relapsing, cracking a bottle of koolaid. Good stuff Pat and thanks for the info.

Screw that bottle.. Get a Kool-aid packet and just chop out some lines and snort them... It'll burn a little but you get a heluva :homer: kick

Typ0
01-12-2010, 01:27 PM
I guess

I consider it dirty work, because I have no intention of calling anyone and asking them anything at all....

and yes I am putting the piecces together, and they clearly are telling me we still have reason to hope.

You call it clinging, but I call what others are doing as self psychie protection against possible rejection

It's kind of like me saying "it feels like rain" to someone and then they report that it's going to rain.

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 01:31 PM
It's kind of like me saying "it feels like rain" to someone and then they report that it's going to rain.

not following you on that one...

I'm just interested in every tid bit of info that comes out. If Cowher is talking to no one then Schefter's only possible source is Cowher's wife IMO.

Is Schefter really in cahoots with Bills wife ??? :nervous:

the other possiblity would be Cowhers Agent.. but if that was the case then we could easily say Agent games :;:

elltrain22
01-12-2010, 01:35 PM

I'm just interested in every tid bit of info that comes out. If Cowher is talking to no one then Schefter's only possible source is Cowher's wife IMO.

the other possiblity would be Cowhers Agent.. but if that was the case then we could easily say Agent games :;:

I doubt he'd speak w/ Cowher's wife!! If he was close w/ the wife then he'd be close w/ Cowher himself. I do think that if he's getting info from Cowhers agent, which is very likely, then Cowher's agent may be giving him the run around, for whatever reason

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Pat Moran clearly needs his own forum

Mr. Pink
01-12-2010, 01:45 PM
TOSharpie clearly needs a vacation

chernobylwraiths
01-12-2010, 01:49 PM

That's when we found out the Fonz's kryptonite.

Dr. Lecter
01-12-2010, 02:12 PM

If you don't like his threads, don't read them.

Regardless, you will quit with the snippy comments.

Got it?

DRutka
01-12-2010, 02:16 PM
No matter what the Bills do, no matter how this turns out, I can't wait to see the spin Russ Brandon (the marketing genius) puts on this whole situation.

This has to be the worst marketing job he has ever done (keeping quiet). Sure, some people might say "We are talking about the Bills and since that is happening, the Bills are relevant", but unless we get a top coach in here, I fear the impact of this could be the beginning of the end of the Bills in Buffalo.

Wilson has said in the past that unless the team is supported, he would have to look at other options. Before Flutie got here, that was the talk of the town. Could the Bills afford to stay in Buffalo? The Flutie hype saved the team at that time. The T.O. hype saved them last year.

Here we are 12 years later. The Bills will do whatever they want and EXPECT us to support them no matter what. If we won't, the rumblings of "if we are not supported, we will have to look at our options" will start all over again since the stadium lease is set to expire in two years.

Will it be enough? I think the fans are just sick of all of the crap we are forced to endure with this team. Signing a "McNabb" will not be enough this time. The fans are too smart for that.

I love the Bills. I go to or watch every single game. I root for them to win even at the expense of a better draft pick. I just hope, in the end, they do not pack up and leave while I am alive.

hydro
01-12-2010, 02:20 PM

Sharpie clearly needs to go back to BBMB or start lurking.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-12-2010, 02:34 PM
If you don't like his threads, don't read them.

Regardless, you will quit with the snippy comments.

Got it?

Archie Bunker vs George Jefferson, Round 1 :duel: lol

DrGraves
01-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Archie Bunker vs George Jefferson, Round 1 :duel: lol

just stop posting.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-12-2010, 02:57 PM
just stop posting.

you didn't find that funny? hahahaha. I did so that's what counts I guess

Mr. Pink
01-12-2010, 03:00 PM
you didn't find that funny? hahahaha. I did so that's what counts I guess

Do you add anything of value to any thread?

Or do you just piss and moan in every thread?

It really is tiresome watching you turn every thread into a personal vendetta.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Do you add anything of value to any thread?

Or do you just piss and moan in every thread?

It really is tiresome watching you turn every thread into a personal vendetta.

I don't have a personal vendetta. Anyways I remain hopeful of Cowher despite that it looks more unlikely.

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Will it be enough? I think the fans are just sick of all of the crap we are forced to endure with this team. Signing a "McNabb" will not be enough this time. The fans are too smart for that.

don't fool yourself on this one... Mcnabb would hype many just the same this time just liek all the rest of the times IMO

I love the Bills. I go to or watch every single game. I root for them to win even at the expense of a better draft pick. I just hope, in the end, they do not pack up and leave while I am alive.

It really depedns for me... I'm a diehard, but I'm not going to stick around much longer if the team is not serious about winning it all every year all the time.... I've given them the benefit of the doubt, and I've accepted a plethera of **** decision making... but I don't have much more forgiveness in me... I'm not to far from being reduced to fair weather fan only

jimbledsoe
01-12-2010, 03:03 PM

So you are saying there is a chance???????

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 03:05 PM
So you are saying there is a chance???????

I defintely believe there is still a chance.... A better then what many others think chance

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 03:11 PM
I doubt he'd speak w/ Cowher's wife!! If he was close w/ the wife then he'd be close w/ Cowher himself. I do think that if he's getting info from Cowhers agent, which is very likely, then Cowher's agent may be giving him the run around, for whatever reason

I'm defintely specuating here, and trying to figure out if Cowher is talking to no one on this issue then th eonly 2 possible info leaks are his wife and agent

Like you said most definitely not the wife.. and the agent is only interested in getting the best deal for his client. What better way ot drive up the price for Cowher in buffalo then to give the impression he won't come to Buffalo hoping Buffalo sweetens the pot some more and upping the agents bottom line.

I'm sure Bill has a couple of close friends he confides in so it could be a friend, but if that was a case the circle of trust was violated and Bill can't be happy.

Mathja
01-12-2010, 03:17 PM
i'm not sure, but i think Schefter has said "league sources." I'm not exactly certain what he means by that.

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 03:20 PM
i'm not sure, but i think Schefter has said "league sources." I'm not exactly certain what he means by that.

that narrows it down to about 5000 possibilites

but then who would know this if the info is truly guarded by Bill himself... that could only be about 4-5 people IMO, and after you eliminate the wife and agent who are those last 3 possibilities

Coach Sal
01-12-2010, 03:32 PM

I haven't heard or read this anywhere.

Not saying he didn't.

But for my purposes that is a huge deal, and I don't think he has.

So, if anyone can find where or when he said that, I'd appreciate it.

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 03:33 PM
I have never heard Adam Schefter cite any league sources.

Michael82
01-12-2010, 03:40 PM

Not saying he didn't.

Nope...most of the time...he says, from what I'm hearing. Or says...my sources say. Hell, I've ever heard him and Clayton say... I believe or they basically state their opinion. I have never heard them use the term league sources or according to my source close to the Buffalo Bills or Bill Cowher.

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 03:44 PM
I'll make this very clear.

Schefter has not cited any league sources, Bills sources, or Cowher sources.

He has simply stated Bill Cowher will not be in Buffalo next season.

Is he lying? I doubt it.. He knows the bashing he'd take if it happened, he has his name on the line.

But is his word Gospel? Absolutely not. If it were, it'd be reported further.

He's been wrong before, so has everyone.

Other reporters I have spoken to say they dont think Cowher either, but that's not going out on a limb and Schefter is the only one who's said it with 100% certainty in public.

So either Schefter knows someone nobody else does, or he's playing the odds.

jdbillsfan
01-12-2010, 03:46 PM

Is he lying? I doubt it.. He knows the bashing he'd take if it happened, he has his name on the line.

Other reporters I have spoken to say they dont think Cowher either, but that's not going out on a limb and Schefter is the only one who's said it with 100% certainty in public.

I thought you received some sort of confirmation? I may be behind on all of the news, so just checking in.

Michael82
01-12-2010, 03:49 PM

Schefter has done this before. He's playing the odds. He knows that it's most likely Cowher wouldn't come here. So he's reporting it now. If it happened, then he'd say that after a change in heart, or a change in negotiations, I'm now getting word the Bill Cowher is likely to come to Buffalo. He wouldn't get bashed much, except maybe here. Everyone knows what he does.

I'm sorry, he's not putting any reputation on the line. That's an insider's job. Make an educated guess if you don't have the sources.

mikemac2001
01-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Jim Mora Jr still works for the seahawks right?

Michael82
01-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Jim Mora Jr still works for the seahawks right?
:rofl: Exactly!

TrEd FTW
01-12-2010, 03:57 PM
If Schefter is wrong, nobody will care except Bills fans. Other football fans won't. He really isn't risking anything by stating his opinion on Cowher's future.

BillsWin
01-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Schefter has gotten really weird about sources. When I first met him it was a few years ago, he normally never reported things without a very credible source backing the information.

Now that he works for espn, it just seems like it is more of a roll of the dice on some things.

He is still a go to guy for rumors and information, but it is just, different, I guess would be the right word. I have no doubt in my mind that he believes 100% without a doubt that Cowher is not coming to Buffalo, but his failure to elaborate or cite sources is very telling.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-12-2010, 04:00 PM

Not saying he didn't.

My understanding (not sure if correct) is that when Adam left NFL Net he forfeited the elite access the league gave him and that is why he was almost never wrong while on NFL Net. The league was pissed he joined ESPN and he no longer has special access to such inside information. He gets paid $$$ to spout his opinions based on other opinions from some league executives who really don't honestly know everything that goes on. Adam can spin something to avoid looking like an idiot. So to most of the nation, if the Bills sign Cowher....Adam will have reported it correctly because he will say that "new developments, Bill Cowher has a change of heart and has decided to coach the Bills."

Typ0
01-12-2010, 04:18 PM

My point is it's only guesswork...and it's reporting someone else's guesswork. Schefter doesn't know anything. He's probably just responding to some other not so reliable information and putting it out there. If he guesses right he gets some credibility. Look at how people around here say "I trust so and so because he got such and such right". Well so and so got more things wrong but people forget about that. For all we know some homeless guy told Schefter he ate an order of buffalo wings out of Cowher's garbage and there was only one wing gone...so Cowher must not be coming here because he didn't like the wings. All of this talk really does amount to that.

Jeff1220
01-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Schefter has gotten really weird about sources. When I first met him it was a few years ago. He normally never reports things without a very credible source backing the information.

Now that he works for espn, it just seems like it is more of a roll of the dice on some things.

He is still a go to guy for rumors and information, but it is just, different, I guess would be the right word. I have no doubt in my mind that he believes 100% without a doubt that Cowher is not coming to Buffalo, but his failure to elaborate or cite sources is very telling.

I'm sure the NFL somehow feeds info to its own network, and that is how Schefter built his reputation. This is the same reason Jason La Canforna is probably more credible than Schefter is today. I'd imagine that Schefter lost some serious lifelines and phone-a-friends when he left NFLN for ESPN.

Demon
01-12-2010, 05:15 PM
My understanding (not sure if correct) is that when Adam left NFL Net he forfeited the elite access the league gave him and that is why he was almost never wrong while on NFL Net. The league was pissed he joined ESPN and he no longer has special access to such inside information. He gets paid $$$ to spout his opinions based on other opinions from some league executives who really don't honestly know everything that goes on. Adam can spin something to avoid looking like an idiot. So to most of the nation, if the Bills sign Cowher....Adam will have reported it correctly because he will say that "new developments, Bill Cowher has a change of heart and has decided to coach the Bills."

I can't believe i'm actually agreeing with this guy, but he hit it on the nail. Schefter lost many sources after he left NFL Network and has been wrong way more at ESPN then he was at NFL Network. Besides being wrong, as Pat said, everyone is wrong sometimes, he NEVER breaks a major news story. He just doesn't have those types of sources anymore. And the way he words stuff on SC, gives him an easy pass to get out of the situation. Not only for Cowher news, but other stuff he reports.

Mathja
01-12-2010, 05:20 PM
does anyone have access to insider. please refer to his story that says you can cross certain candidates off the list. I don't remember exactly how he worded it, but that, i think, is the only place in which he's written anything specific about the subject.

Mathja
01-12-2010, 05:23 PM
found this one..."a source close to the situation."

Despite being part of a meeting with the Buffalo Bills last week, it does not appear as if Bill Cowher will coach in the NFL next season, a source close to the situation told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
Sources recently told ESPN's Chris Mortensen it is believed that owner Ralph Wilson Jr. and team president Russ Brandon met last week with Cowher to gauge his potential interest in returning to coaching.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-12-2010, 05:28 PM

Despite being part of a meeting with the Buffalo Bills last week, it does not appear as if Bill Cowher will coach in the NFL next season, a source close to the situation told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
Sources recently told ESPN's Chris Mortensen it is believed that owner Ralph Wilson Jr. and team president Russ Brandon met last week with Cowher to gauge his potential interest in returning to coaching.

I'm sure any league sources talking to Adam would love nothing more than to set him up for failure. The NFL is not pleased he left NFL Net to join ESPN

baseballdad
01-12-2010, 05:37 PM

Isn't this the same ESPN report from about a week ago when Mort and Shefter spit at each other on the set about who has better info? Also I see Chris Brown just posted on BBMB saying Cowher is assembling a staff but the link he provided was from a report on 1/3 I think. Also another poster at BBMD says Mortensen reported this morning on ESPN that Cowher met with the Bills in the last week and the talks were very productive. No links provided and I couldn't find the Mort report. Anyone else here this one?

Too much chaos and no real info...where is my air sickness bag:please:

elltrain22
01-12-2010, 05:41 PM
. Also another poster at BBMD says Mortensen reported this morning on ESPN that Cowher met with the Bills in the last week and the talks were very productive.

:

funny thing about this quote is it sorta sounds like the info we read about from the site owner from Buffalobillsrange. He said his little "birdy" told him the Bills met w/ Cowher & the talks were productive.

hmmmmmm

baseballdad
01-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Obviously I want to make sure everyone knows I did not hear this myself and I'm only adding some info from BBMB hoping someone here can either confirm Mort did not did not say this. I don't want to misstate anything as it's a tough crowd around here boys and I like my chicklets in my mouth not scattered on the floor!

Luisito23
01-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Obviously I want to make sure everyone knows I did not hear this myself and I'm only adding some info from BBMB hoping someone here can either confirm Mort did not did not say this. I don't want to misstate anything as it's a tough crowd around here boys and I like my chicklets in my mouth not scattered on the floor!

Mort did not say that..Again it's just someone posting some misleading info to make himself look good.

zone
01-12-2010, 06:28 PM
What line is Adam Schefter putting his name on? It does not matter if he is wrong, he has nothing to lose, no one thinks this will happen and if it does Bills fans will be so enamored that it won't even matter.

Schefter can in no way shape or form grantee that Cowher will not coach the Bills next year. Anything can happen, we learned that lesson well with TO this year.

Take a crap in a box and stamp it guaranteed but all you will have is a guaranteed Adam Schefter!

mikemac2001
01-12-2010, 06:37 PM
What line is Adam Schefter putting his name on? It does not matter if he is wrong, he has nothing to lose, no one thinks this will happen and if it does Bills fans will be so enamored that it won't even matter.

Schefter can in no way shape or form grantee that Cowher will not coach the Bills next year. Anything can happen, we learned that lesson well with TO this year.

Take a crap in a box and stamp it guaranteed but all you will have is a guaranteed Adam Schefter!

That quote brought back a good laugh

Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of ****. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

gb
01-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Life long Bills fan who lived in so called steeler country all my life and I don't want cowher. Give me Marty s. anytime and bring the Gleem to Buffalo

Turf
01-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Cowhers prolly waiting to pounce on the NE job if it opens. Who wouldn't? I guarantee you if Belly leaves, Cowhers in. He gets money, talent and a good owner.