• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dicknoze69
    Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
    • Jul 2002

Peter King: "Bills not in any hurry"

From his article today:

"1. We don't know who the Bills' coach might be because, and I can assure you this, they don't know either. The Bills, I believe, have given up on two intriguing candidates, Bill Cowher and Stanford coach John Harbaugh. I said this weekend that Minnesota defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier was the leader, but with so many of the coaches they want to talk to still coaching (Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer and, as Fox's Jay Glazer reported Monday, Arizona's Russ Grimm), we can't know who's going to win it.

I think Mike Zimmer, the Bengals defensive boss, is not on the list of coaches the Bills want to interview. I would not be surprised if Jason Garrett of the Cowboys and San Diego's Ron Rivera are on the list.

When the Bills began this process, they made it clear they're going through a long process that won't be short-cutted unless Cowher would have said yes early. Look for this to take between a week and a month to get resolved. If they're the only job open (other than Oakland, which almost doesn't count because the pool of candidates is so different), why rush? But I do know they like Frazier a lot."

God give me style and give me grace
    God put a smile upon my face
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Peter King: "Bills not in any hurry"

I hope so.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Slim
      • Apr 2004

Hmm, this is the first blurb i've read about Garrett. Sounds like speculation but it's still interesting. I'd LOVE Garrett.

Comment

• DBrown77
        Watching the Bills suck since 1999
        • Mar 2005

Its time to forget about Cowher and talk about some of these other candidates. You Cant make someone coach here.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsHeart
          • Feb 2007

A guy like Jason Garrett or Brian Schottenheimer would in both cases be very solid choices for this franchise that is in dire need of a fresh, young innovative offensive mind, who's capable of leading men.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DBrown77
            Its time to forget about Cowher and talk about some of these other candidates. You Cant make someone coach here.
            ugghhh !

we can talk other canidates just fine and still hold onto the hope that Cowher will still come. Why are some of you so afraid of just letting stay open until its official

I'll take Cowher any day of the week, even if he has to wait for 31 other teams to tell him they don't have an opening 1st.

I fail to see why we must completely write this off, or why it is so important for others to stop the thought that it is still very much on the table

Again, last year he said no immediately to other teams. This year he has said nothing to no one about anything, and that is a very different from previous years...

So lets talk coordinator possibilities, but lets stop with this thought that we HAVE TO give up on Cowher... that's just silly IMO

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Once again, King throws the aimless darts, hoping he hits something.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Night Train
                HAHAHA, so true.

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

Thanks for the newsflash, Pete.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                    I think he hit square on...

1. Unless it is Cowher the Bills are going the coordinator route.
                    2. The Bills are in no hurry.
                    3. Nobody know because the Bills don't know.

He 100% correct.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                      • Dec 2004

King is an idiot. He can't even get Harbaugh's name right.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                        Next Question!
                        • Nov 2004

Keep in mind that Peter King is buddies with Adam Schefter, and they exchange information and talk to each other frequently. So I'm sure Peter is drawing his conclusions from Adam.

Comment

Working...
                        X