If I'm Buddy Nix and somebody offers me a 4th Round Pick...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

If I'm Buddy Nix and somebody offers me a 4th Round Pick...

Im going to trade Marshawn Lynch for it.

Here are my reasons;
    1. We need all the picks we can aquire, especially if we are switching over to a 3-4 D

2. Lynch is now our #2 back and is on his last strike, his value is way down.

3. Guys like Mike Bell (NO), Jerious Norwood (ATL), LenDale White (TEN), and Chester Taylor (MIN) are all Free Agents and could be had for probably less than what Lynch makes now and could produce more.

Just my opinion, what are your thoughts?

Would you trade Marshawn Lynch for a 4th Round pick?
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: If I'm Buddy Nix and somebody offers me a 4th Round Pick...

I would wait and see what the new HC says. He may have a running game that suits Lynch better than Jackson.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
      I would wait and see what the new HC says. He may have a running game that suits Lynch better than Jackson.
      Offer doesn't last that long, it expires today. What do you do?

My scenario, my rules.

Good point though.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Bone
        Bone
        • Oct 2006

Eh I wouldn't agree with it because he would get traded and then just tear **** up for whatever team he would play for. Marshawn is a legit running back. I feel like he was unable to get into the swing of things with the 4 game suspension and all.
        BILLIEVE

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          Offer doesn't last that long, it expires today. What do you do?

My scenario, my rules.

Good point though.

NO less than a 3rd.

There may be vet defensive players that will be released in the offsseason
          Last edited by justasportsfan; 01-12-2010, 11:58 AM.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• robgon
            • Dec 2005

Trade him , he maybe get himself suspended for a few games anyway....

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
              • Nov 2009

No. I am a Lynch fan, and I hope a real coach gets his hands on this KID, and shows him how to be a professional. Dick wouldn't have said s@#t if he had a mouthful, and Perry wasn't going to rock the boat, he wanted to be a "buddy."

Would it be best for the team...only time would tell, but I hope that Lynch the person and the player can turn it around.

Comment

• elltrain22
                • Sep 2003

Im going to trade Marshawn Lynch for it.

Here are my reasons;
                1. We need all the picks we can aquire, especially if we are switching over to a 3-4 D

2. Lynch is now our #2 back and is on his last strike, his value is way down.

3. Guys like Mike Bell (NO), Jerious Norwood (ATL), LenDale White (TEN), and Chester Taylor (MIN) are all Free Agents and could be had for probably less than what Lynch makes now and could produce more.

Just my opinion, what are your thoughts?

Would you trade Marshawn Lynch for a 4th Round pick?
                I would do to, but the question is, would another NFL team do that??
                If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Demon
                  • Mar 2003

Reject the trade. Jackson is turning 30 and who knows how many miles he has left. I wouldn't be opposed to trading Marshawn, but Nix and the new coaching staff need to make that decision, not Nix on his own.
                  Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

This is tough because

1. i don't see anyone offering a fourth or anything for lynch. they can draft a back with more upside with less miles.
                    2. the bills trade lynch and then they have 1 running back and couple practice squaders. so we'll have to waste a pick on RB when we have a ton of more pressing holes.
                    3. lynch can be a really good back if his head is in the game. i worry that if you let him go to free agency that sparano or belichick gets him going. So trading isn't that bad of an option.

In the end i ride marshawn one more year. he's getting to the cheaper part of his contract, he knows he's fallen greatly. i'd rather let him play and sign elsewhere in a year or two.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                      • Sep 2003

No, but I would trade him to Wash (Portis out with Shanny their coach and Shanny takes everyones rejects), and swap first and second round picks! Buff gets pick 4 and 37, Wash gets picks 9 and 41 and Lynch...

Comment

• Jaybird
                        • Dec 2005

His value is not very high right now. His potential however still is. I would not move lynch for a 4th round pick. He will need to be replaced anyways with a draft pick or free agency. Why let go of something to create another hole that must be filled

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

I agree completely, DB. A 4th is worth ridding ourselves of a major distratction.

Backup RB's & WR's are so easy to find every year. We got TE Nelson in Round 4 this year.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Bye Stonehands Inch!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

I will disagree with this part. Lynch in still in his rookie deal and his salary this year is probably fairly low.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X