PDA

View Full Version : Can someone with espn insider

Billsfan3
01-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Tell me what the mcnabb article says on espn for the possible destinations for him

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Reid has already stated that McNabb is the starter in philly in 2010

Mcnabb is going nowhere

eee1776
01-12-2010, 06:46 PM
per ESPN Insider- No LINK

McNabb off to the AFC?
4:26PM ET

Rich Hofmann of the Philadelphia Daily News wrote Friday that barring a long run to the Super Bowl, this postseason is probably it for Donovan McNabb as Eagles quarterback. If he's right, Saturday night's loss could be the beginning of the end for No. 5 in Philly.

For his part, head coach Andy Reid seems adamant in his pro-Donovan stance. Asked in the post-game conference if he thought McNabb would be the team's starter in 2010, he said, "Yeah, I do," per 950 ESPN Radio's Brian Seltzer.

One trade possibility -- if Reid is lying -- is the Buffalo Bills. As Bob Matthews of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle writes, McNabb won't be the QB of the future for the Bills, but he could be a nice stopgap for a few seasons while they develop a younger replacement (possibly this year's No. 9 overall pick). It's wildly speculative, but it's that time of year. For some more hypotheticals, check the box to the right.

Other Possible McNabb destinations

* Depending on what Brett Favre does (we might not know until August, mind you), the Vikings might need a QB, given the Tarvaris-Rosenfels tandem as an alternative.
* Jason Campbell might be back in D.C., but if not, it's a similar situation to Buffalo: they need a veteran as a stopgap while they develop the future franchise QB.
* The Browns have two unstable QBs, and their new GM was in Philly for most of McNabb's career.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-12-2010, 07:43 PM
this is the bottom line, buffalo cant get into a bidding war with wash or cleveland, we cant give up a 1st rd pick for a 34 year old qb... cant happen... like it or not buffalo is going to have to draft a qb in the draft this year at 9... trading up might also be are only option....

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Tell me what the mcnabb article says on espn for the possible destinations for him
Staying w/the Eagles dude. Check out NFL.com

Oaf
01-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Is it weird that I would take Philly's 1st, 2nd, or 3rd string QB's and start them in Buffalo?

hydro
01-12-2010, 08:21 PM
A guy from Philly was on Schopp and the Bulldog today and he stated that this "McNabb is our starter next year" stuff is all for the trade value of McNabb. You aren't going to be able to trade a guy if Reid says that they are going with Kolb next season.

TrEd FTW
01-12-2010, 10:37 PM
McNabb is as good as gone in Philly. It's just a matter of where he'll go and how much acquiring him will cost.