PDA

View Full Version : More Lynch stuff about to hit the "real" media fan

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 04:09 PM
I just found out that Channel 4 WIVB at 5:32pm is running another story about Lynch.

Last weekend I reported of a young man, an Iraq vet who claimed Lynch "punked him off" for his $20 at the Galleria Mall this summer. This was found more credible that he didn't come out of the woodwork following the Hamburg allegation, as he tweeted about it all the way back on August 2nd.

Anyway, WIVB did some digging on the young man (Steve Lapsley) and talked to other witnesses and found his accounts credible enough that they are running a story about it on their newscast.

I'm a reporter not a judge and jury. I found his account credible enough to report, and his twitter was evidence he didn't just suddenly make it up.

WIVB did enough digging to further his credentials and assertion and they are running with the story.

If Lynch really did this, then he deserves whatever criticism that comes his way.

*UPDATE** Here is the guy's account on 97 Rock.
http://www.97rock.com/Article.asp?id=1656235&spid=21993

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 04:12 PM
This was originally reported last Saturday.

Oft-troubled Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch is already in hot water after a Buffalo News story reported (http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/917050.html) he allegedly took $20 from a Buffalo Police Sergeant’s wife at a TGI Fridays in Hamburg last December 7.

Doug Hendrickson, agent for Lynch, vigorously denied the allegation via an email to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk. Hendrickson told Florio the allegation was “totally false and malicious.”

He may soon have more explaining to do.

Buffalo Sports Daily has learned the Hamburg incident isn’t the first time Lynch allegedly helped himself to someone else’s money. According to a very angry Steve Lapsley, Lynch pulled something similar this past August.

Lapsley claims he approached Lynch after seeing him at the Galleria Mall and asked him to autograph his $20 bill. He intended to use it as a prize for his upcoming bachelor party.

According to Lapsley, Lynch not only refused to sign it, but walked away $20 richer.

It’s not uncommon for people to come out of the woodwork when scandal breaks (See Tiger Woods), but in Lapsley’s case it’s something he wrote about well before the TGI Friday report.

Until now, nobody listened.

Lapsley tweeted the incident all the way back on August 2. (http://twitter.com/SteveLaps)
“Saw marshawn lynch at the galeria mall and asked him to sign a $20 (all I had on me) for my bachelor party, he took $20 and pocketed it.”

Lapsley, 27, is a five-year veteran of the Army and served in Iraq in 2003-04. He said despite his anger and humiliation he soon put the matter to rest. But with Lynch allegedly helping himself to someone else’s money again, he’s ready to talk publicly.

On August 2 Lapsley and his brother went to the Galleria Mall in search of prizes for his bachelor party.

It was there they met Lynch.

“We were walking through and we saw Marshawn Lynch with about four other players,” Lapsley said. “We saw some people talking to him and I didn’t want to bug him. My brother mentioned how cool it would be to have his autograph to give away for the bachelor party. We went to a sports store there, but I didn’t have enough money to buy a Bills helmet or something like that.”

They didn’t approach Lynch on the spot, but soon would at the mall’s food court.

“We went to the food court to get something to eat and he was standing in the food court with a few players from the Bills that were around him,” Lapsley said. “We went up to him and I was like hey, can I have your autograph”?

“I didn’t have anything on me other than a $20 dollar bill and my business card from work. So I gave them to him and thought that’s a pretty cool prize and said do you think you can sign this? He said no, but I’ll hold it. I thought he was joking.”

He wasn’t.

“He asked me what I did (for a living),” Lapsley said. “I told him I was a recruiter for an employment company–a local employment agency. I helped people get jobs. The guys with Lynch we’re joking, saying they need jobs. I laughed and said I think you guys are pretty OK. “

Lapsley said that Lynch then asked him for another business card. Lapsley gave it to him and Lynch took the $20 bill, wrapped it around the business card and put them in his pocket. He then signed the back of the other card, gave it to Lapsley and walked away.

“The guys started walking away and I was like–hey are you serious? The other guys were still laughing and I thought it was like a joke. But then they just walked away. Me and my brother looked at each other and were like, did this just happen”?

The identity of the other players with Lynch won’t be published as they’re not being accused of keeping Lapsley’s money.

Lapsley said he was too intimidated to push the issue any further. He also continued to assume Lynch was playing a prank. With Lynch having both the money and his card containing his work address, he expected it to be sent back, perhaps with something additional signed for his troubles.

That didn’t happen.

“I called my boss and asked if you have any mail from the home office from the Bills or anything like that. I still figured a few weeks later I’d get something back, but it never came.”

Later that night, Lapsley and his then-fiancé went to a club in downtown Buffalo with some friends. It turns out Lynch was also at the bar.

The woman confronted Lynch about the mall incident and he denied it was him, even after she pointed out his obviously unmistakable appearance and the same teammates with him at the bar as the mall.

Upon returning home he tweeted “Saw him out dtown at Encore with all SAME people from mall. My fiance confronted him about the situation and he said it wasn’t him. Wow.”

Lapsley was so disturbed to learn he wasn’t the only one to be reportedly had by Lynch that he’s now taking his incident beyond his twitter page.
The military vet says he’s prepared to talk to the media and doesn’t want to see Lynch continue getting away immoral deeds.

“I wasn’t going to say anything. But with the other (Hamburg) case and this, enough is enough. He’s not above the law, and he’s not above social order either”

While Lynch pocketing Lapsley’s twenty dollar bill may not interpreted as a criminal act, it doesn’t bode well for the reputation of the third-year running back. Lynch has already been involved in the a hit-and-run incident in downtown Buffalo in June 2008. The woman is now suing him (http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/911982.html).

This alleged incident also happened at a time Lynch was already suspended by the NFL the first three games of the season for violating the league’s personal conduct policy.

After losing his starting job to a more productive Fred Jackson, the heap of off-field allegations mounting could eventually spell the end in Buffalo for the former 2007 first round draft pick.

Lynch still has two more years remaining on the five-year deal he signed as a rookie.

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/01/exclusive-2nd-allegation-against-lynch-in-24-hours/

trapezeus
01-12-2010, 04:17 PM
crazy, man. Crazy. i now believe that if he could have driven off with that cart in the Cali game before he was drafted, he would have.

i think a proper punishment for Lynch is to be forced to buy back the number of Lynch jersey's that have been sold. Then the NFL can refund people as they mail in jerseys.

The guy quit on this team when they needed him this year.

Ebenezer
01-12-2010, 04:17 PM
I am in no way supporting Lynch...

yesterday during Schoop and the Bulldog two different callers said they work at places the Lynch frequents and that he stops in all the time, expects free drinks and is rude...nice timing....

it's so important that it is being buried until 5:32?? The news starts at 5:00.

until actual lawsuits are brought these complaints are all bupkus...

trapezeus
01-12-2010, 04:21 PM
this is the same thing the bills did with mcgahee. they stopped protecting him from himself, let the bad stories come out, had the people demand he get traded and they did it.

I say trade lynch, mitchell, J Scott, and J Meredith, for a 4th round pick. Let's get rid of some dead weight around here.

Typ0
01-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Why do they have to sue the guy to prove he's an ignorant jerk? Did you ever think that most of these people are probably blind dumb bills fans?

I am in no way supporting Lynch...

yesterday during Schoop and the Bulldog two different callers said they work at places the Lynch frequents and that he stops in all the time, expects free drinks and is rude...nice timing....

it's so important that it is being buried until 5:32?? The news starts at 5:00.

until actual lawsuits are brought these complaints are all bupkus...

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 04:28 PM
I can't comment, I've been advised not to.

Ebenezer
01-12-2010, 04:30 PM
I can't comment, I've been advised not to.
then why make this post? that's not exactly professional.

Typ0
01-12-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm reporting these people are dumb blind bills fans who don't want to make too much of a stink and screw up the team...it's called taking one for the team.

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 04:32 PM

I can't comment for obvious reasons.

Ebenezer
01-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Why do they have to sue the guy to prove he's an ignorant jerk? Did you ever think that most of these people are probably blind dumb bills fans?
he may be ignorant...he may be a jerk...i am not questioning that...they could be lying. This morning it was announced that the couple who Lynch supposedly stole $20 from at the McKinley Mall is not going to press charges but may sue Lynch's attorney for defamation of character. I know it is $20 but why bring it up in the first place if they had no intention on proving their claim?

Ebenezer
01-12-2010, 04:33 PM
I can't comment for obvious reasons.
please explain...they are not obvious to me.

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 04:33 PM

It's already out on the news.

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Channel 4 didnt really say much.
But trust me, they are investigating.

Tatonka
i want to know who the piece of **** players that were with him were.. **** them too.

Typ0
he may be ignorant...he may be a jerk...i am not questioning that...they could be lying. This morning it was announced that the couple who Lynch supposedly stole $20 from at the McKinley Mall is not going to press charges but may sue Lynch's attorney for defamation of character. I know it is $20 but why bring it up in the first place if they had no intention on proving their claim?

Because it was their exposure to a celebrity. If you went to the mall and met up with Aaron Shoebel and chatted with him you telling me you aren't going to say anything about it to anyone?

chernobylwraiths
01-12-2010, 04:37 PM

He gave the story, he is being advised not to give his opinion.

Yeah, people will come out of the woodwork to bash the guy now. I would want to know who, if the story is true, the dirtbag teammates are. When you see someone wronged, you shouldn't just let it happen.

I would be fine in getting rid of him, but then they will have to draft another RB.

Ebenezer
01-12-2010, 04:37 PM
It's already out on the news.
then why can't you comment if it is already in the news?

Ebenezer
01-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Because it was their exposure to a celebrity. If you went to the mall and met up with Aaron Shoebel and chatted with him you telling me you aren't going to say anything about it to anyone?
if somebody stole $20 from me in a mall I don't care who it is there is going to be a mall security guard or a cop on their ass as fast as i can dial 911...the whole thing smells.

Ebenezer
01-12-2010, 04:39 PM
He gave the story, he is being advised not to give his opinion.

Yeah, people will come out of the woodwork to bash the guy now. I would want to know who, if the story is true, the dirtbag teammates are. When you see someone wronged, you shouldn't just let it happen.

I would be fine in getting rid of him, but then they will have to draft another RB.
Backup RBs aren't that bad to draft or pick up in FA. Fred Jackson cost us what?

trapezeus
01-12-2010, 04:41 PM
what is pat not allowed to comment on? that totally evaded me.

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 04:43 PM
what is pat not allowed to comment on? that totally evaded me.

I wrote the original story. I can't comment about my opinions incident publicly.

I've been told his agent, Doug Hendrickson is attacking people, and I'm also hearing his earned himself a nice lawsuit from the Hamburg Police Dep't for racist allegations he heaved at them in a statement (dont know more details)

trapezeus
01-12-2010, 04:54 PM
oh, i understand.

i have no idea why hendrickson is defending ML so fiercely. the guy has a bad rep for 2 years, needed to be squeaky clean, and has failed 2 years running and looks like he's failed on his third attempt.

The league will deal with him and the bills are back to having another 1st round bust on their books. Well done! all around, really well done buffalo.

Its going to be hard to have a pick crappier than ML, a guy who is constantly in trouble, Leodis who was IR'd this year and Maybin who could have been Ir'd and there would have been no difference.

I will say this now only to be proven wrong in April, "I can't see how they can do worse."

Ebenezer
01-12-2010, 04:59 PM
I wrote the original story. I can't comment about my opinions incident publicly.

when since is a journalist not entitled to opine?? It's called an editorial.

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 05:04 PM
when since is a journalist not entitled to opine?? It's called an editorial.

His agent is lawsuit happy.

I did nothing wrong by reporting what I did. I have all statements on audio.

But I cant try to influence your thinking in the report and frankly, I dont even want to take a chance with what I hear about this guy (Hendrickson)

baalworship
01-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Anyone that demands an autograph and hands the player a $20 shouldn't expect the money back.

This guy is ******ed and I am surprised you guys are taking every story at face value. My opinion is Lynch is rude and cheap. That's not enough for me at this point.

And all those who called him a criminal from the other cop's wife story, the Hamburg Police said Lynch did nothing criminal. Where are all the people who assumed this woman's story was true now?

MikeNC
01-12-2010, 05:10 PM
I remember back in the 70's I could get a oz of weed for a twenty...

patmoran2006
01-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Anyone that demands an autograph and hands the player a $20 shouldn't expect the money back.

This guy is ******ed and I am surprised you guys are taking every story at face value. My opinion is Lynch is rude and cheap. That's not enough for me at this point.

And all those who called him a criminal from the other cop's wife story, the Hamburg Police said Lynch did nothing criminal. Where are all the people who assumed this woman's story was true now?

That is extremely poorly worded and I'm assuming you didn't read the story or hear the report.

According to the report, the guy approached Lynch and asked him to autograph a $20 bill as a prize for his bachelor party.

he didn't demand anything.

Typ0
01-12-2010, 05:12 PM
That is extremely poorly worded and I'm assuming you didn't read the story or hear the report.

According to the report, the guy approached Lynch and asked him autograph a $20 bill as a prize for his bachelor party.

Welcome to Bills nation.

Neubs24
01-12-2010, 05:12 PM
His agent is lawsuit happy.

I did nothing wrong by reporting what I did. I have all statements on audio.

But I cant try to influence your thinking in the report and frankly, I dont even want to take a chance with what I hear about this guy (Hendrickson)

smart move, you have a lot more to lose than a millionaire.

baalworship
01-12-2010, 05:26 PM

According to the report, the guy approached Lynch and asked him to autograph a $20 bill as a prize for his bachelor party.

When someone walks up to an athlete and asks them for an autograph from the athlete's perspective they are making a demand of them. You can spin it any way you want it.

From this report,"

“I didn’t have anything on me other than a $20 dollar bill and my business card from work. So I gave them to him and thought that’s a pretty cool prize and said do you think you can sign this? He said no, but I’ll hold it. I thought he was joking.”

So there was a business card also. If ML signed the card the $20 would be seen as a fee for an adult asking for an autograph. Who knows.

But I honestly don't think reporting random fan allegations is worthy of you Pat. I like you as a poster and you often post good info for us. But this is tabloid stuff that needs a lot more backing in my opinion before it should be reported as a story.

ParanoidAndroid
01-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Great. Another prima donna crybaby with a middle school mentality... Sometimes I don't know why I continue to watch professional sports. I'm tired of these XYY overhormonal idiots.

Zero
01-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Great. Another prima donna crybaby with a middle school mentality... Sometimes I don't know why I continue to watch professional sports. I'm tired of these XYY overhormonal idiots.

If this story holds true ,we have two morons at work here: Marshawn, obvioulsy, for having no class and stealing the dude's $20 and the victim, for being stupid enough to give Marshawn the currency to sign it in the first place. You know what they say about a fool and his money right?

Oaf
01-12-2010, 05:47 PM

I've been told his agent, Doug Hendrickson is attacking people, and I'm also hearing his earned himself a nice lawsuit from the Hamburg Police Dep't for racist allegations he heaved at them in a statement (dont know more details)
Fair enough.

soapman
01-12-2010, 05:52 PM
And the post fills with lynch bashing and trade demands in 3...2...........

Goobylal
01-12-2010, 05:55 PM
This is the type of "news," or should I say "Snooze," you can expect to hear in a podunk city like Buffalo. It only makes the city look worse than people think it is. :rolleyes:

ParanoidAndroid
01-12-2010, 05:55 PM
And the post fills with lynch bashing and trade demands in 3...2...........

If this is true, then why would Lynch not deserve a bashing? From what I'm hearing and from the attitude I saw on the sidelines this year, I cannot deny the possibility that Lynch truly is a complete jerk.

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2010, 05:58 PM
I love it he only steals 20s. Hilarious. It is probably a prank he does with teamates

trapezeus
01-12-2010, 05:59 PM
This is the type of "news," or should I say "Snooze," you can expect to hear in a podunk city like Buffalo. It only makes the city look worse than people think it is. :rolleyes:

i don't see how that's the case. the people were wronged, they brought it up and it's news because he is suppose to be an important person to the community.

it sits on ML's shoulders not the city of Buffalos

PECKERWOOD
01-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Isn't it funny? You become too good for everybody else, yet some measly war vet may be the final straw, the downfall of a once promising career.

BillsFanCupp38
01-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Lynch seems like a trouble maker. But Freddie is 28 years old. If we trade him we absolutely have to draft someone to replace freddie in a couple of years.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-12-2010, 06:28 PM
this sounds like a bunch of bs to me, i smell racism...........

chernobylwraiths
01-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Backup RBs aren't that bad to draft or pick up in FA. Fred Jackson cost us what?

I know, and Thurman was a second rounder. Just saying, I would rather he just go away now. Too bad too, I liked how he ran.

Ebenezer
01-12-2010, 06:38 PM
this sounds like a bunch of bs to me, i smell racism...........
no...I smell a frustrated fan base dismissing an ineffective RB with two strikes against him.

Ebenezer
01-12-2010, 06:39 PM
I know, and Thurman was a second rounder. Just saying, I would rather he just go away now. Too bad too, I liked how he ran.
It would probably be better for the Bills, the fans and Lynch himself if he just asked for his release/trade.

Dr. Lecter
01-12-2010, 06:43 PM
no...I smell a frustrated fan base dismissing an ineffective RB with two strikes against him.

And the fact that the guy posted about the story back in August and now somebody completely unassociated him with comes forward with a similar story is coincidence?

chernobylwraiths
01-12-2010, 06:45 PM
It would probably be better for the Bills, the fans and Lynch himself if he just asked for his release/trade.

Well, we could pick up a crap load of draft picks by trading Lynch, Schobel, Stroud, Parrish, etc. We could OWN the fourth or fifth round!

chernobylwraiths
01-12-2010, 06:47 PM

To be honest, he wasn't very effective this year, he was pretty effective the other two.

Ebenezer
01-12-2010, 06:47 PM
And the fact that the guy posted about the story back in August and now somebody completely unassociated him with comes forward with a similar story is coincidence?
I am by no means defending Lynch but the first person could have been lying and the second could have been a copy cat...why would you ever have anybody sign a $20 bill??

Ebenezer
01-12-2010, 06:48 PM
To be honest, he wasn't very effective this year, he was pretty effective the other two.
agreed. I never meant to imply that he was a total bust.

Dr. Lecter
01-12-2010, 06:48 PM
I am by no means defending Lynch but the first person could have been lying and the second could have been a copy cat...why would you ever have anybody sign a $20 bill??

Except the second person's story came out first. The timeline does not make sense if the 2nd one was a copycat.

Griz78
01-12-2010, 07:06 PM
I am not defending anyone, but if Marsahwn said something like "Can I hold it?" and the guy said "Yes" then he lost. "Can I hold $20?" means "Can I have $20?"

trapezeus
01-12-2010, 07:33 PM
if marshawn didn't have these other issues, a misunderstanding would be an honest mistake. the guy doesn't even get in big time trouble either. he rubs a fat chick with his far, potentially under the influence, he gets caught with guns in the car, but can claim their not his, and now stealing $20 or at least being a jerk over $20.

as for his running style, he thrives on contact. that's great from ages 21-25...then you notice a big time slow down. same thing with brandon jacobs. two awesome years of being a beast. then he gets nicked and bruised and becomes less effective. you can get rid of marshawn. but you need to pick a RB this draft.

Goobylal
01-12-2010, 08:53 PM
i don't see how that's the case. the people were wronged, they brought it up and it's news because he is suppose to be an important person to the community.

it sits on ML's shoulders not the city of Buffalos
Here's a little excerpt from yesterday's Buffalo Snooze article:

"There's a fine line between a guy doing something criminal and acting like a jerk, and that is what we are dealing with here," Hamburg Detective Sgt. Thomas Best Jr. said Monday of Lynch's behavior.
So if the Hamburg PD, who has no love lost for Lynch, is saying he was a jerk and not a criminal, why is anyone else saying he's a criminal? And if acting like a jerk was reason to get rid of someone, the SB era Bills would have never stuck around Buffalo for long. Good thing for them there was no internet back then.

As for the guy looking for an autograph, why he pulled out a $20 AND his biz car is anyone's guess. But getting paid for an autograph isn't stealing. Again being a jerk, sure.

Commissioner
01-12-2010, 09:35 PM
One of my friends attended the Sabres game with Ryan Fitzpatrick last weekend in the Bills suite.... and he told me there were people there that said Lynch "does that all the time".....

I never asked him who the people were that said that....

TigerJ
01-12-2010, 09:51 PM
I just found out that Channel 4 WIVB at 5:32pm is running another story about Lynch.

Last weekend I reported of a young man, an Iraq vet who claimed Lynch "punked him off" for his $20 at the Galleria Mall this summer. This was found more credible that he didn't come out of the woodwork following the Hamburg allegation, as he tweeted about it all the way back on August 2nd.

Anyway, WIVB did some digging on the young man (Steve Lapsley) and talked to other witnesses and found his accounts credible enough that they are running a story about it on their newscast.

I'm a reporter not a judge and jury. I found his account credible enough to report, and his twitter was evidence he didn't just suddenly make it up.

WIVB did enough digging to further his credentials and assertion and they are running with the story.

If Lynch really did this, then he deserves whatever criticism that comes his way.

*UPDATE** Here is the guy's account on 97 Rock.
http://www.97rock.com/Article.asp?id=1656235&spid=21993

Yeah, if Lynch is pulling this kind of stuff, he's poison for the Bills and the community. The Bills need to get rid of him whether they can get anything in return or not.

Turf
01-12-2010, 10:22 PM
No ones ever accused me of stealing $20 bills. Anyone else been accused of this? Lynch is guilty, a thug, stupid, a moron, petty fool, can't hit a hole, and needs to be removed from the team.

Beebe's Kid
01-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Yes we could get rid of him...then he could go to another team, drop the 20 extra pounds and run all over the league next year. That would be awesome, or maybe, just maybe somebody like Thurman could take this KID aside and explain to him what a good thing he could have. Maybe somebody asks him why he is acting like this....

Or better yet, how about we actually get the whole story before we run him out of town. I understand that people don't like him, but that hit and run thing was a farce, as was the $20 he "ripped off." Big news complete with lynching mob (no pun intended) when they first come out....no real effort to correct them, just let the "guilty after proven innocent" rap continue.

The organizations lack of handling this guy is pathetic. This is where a real staff reals this guy in, and helps him to maintain a positive image...instead of letting a KID take on an entire town fueled by initial over-exaggerated reports.

I, for one, will miss him when he's gone.

Turf
01-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Never happen, unless someone kicks his ass.
When the last time you were accussed of a hit and run, among other things....
Don't see anyone else in the news on the Bills team, suspended twice...
I guess if the glove doesn't fit for you you're naive enough to believe it.

Commissioner
01-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Yes we could get rid of him...then he could go to another team, drop the 20 extra pounds and run all over the league next year. That would be awesome, or maybe, just maybe somebody like Thurman could take this KID aside and explain to him what a good thing he could have. Maybe somebody asks him why he is acting like this....

Didn't his mom move to Buffalo with him? Why does Thurman need to do the parenting?

You don't think anyone has talked to this guy about his actions? You think the Bills are just letting their investment act like a fool around town and not saying anything?

This guy is obviously just a jackass... i don't want to see him in a Bills uni ever again... i don't care if he runs for 2000 yards... i don't want him in my community treating people like they are *****.

Michael82
01-13-2010, 01:19 AM
Knowing Lynch, I'm guessing he considered that $20 payment for autographing the guy's business card. If he never signed the card, then I could see why he's so upset. But he did sign it. hell...Lynch doesn't even like to sign autographs at training camp. I'm sure he doesn't like doing that at the mall.

mercyrule
01-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Knowing Lynch, I'm guessing he considered that $20 payment for autographing the guy's business card. If he never signed the card, then I could see why he's so upset. But he did sign it. hell...Lynch doesn't even like to sign autographs at training camp. I'm sure he doesn't like doing that at the mall.No, it's a joke. Like the Detective in Goobylal's quote said, it just becomes a "he said-she said." He knows he can get away with it so he does. And I'll bet his teammates think it's pretty funny. How much of it is fun and games and how much of it is Marshawn getting back at autograph hounds or "enhancing" his reputation only Marshawn knows. The reason people don't report it is because it makes them look foolish - they do hand it over - and it is only $20, after all.

trapezeus
01-13-2010, 09:48 AM
it seems to me the bills, as an organization, were kinda losing patience with lynch through the year. regardless of how he acts off the field, he was being phased out.

I still hate jauron for letting omon go. This way we could have maybe lived without lynch and without the need of drafting an RB.

Dicknoze69
01-13-2010, 09:51 AM
For the most part, running backs are a dime a dozen. There's a lot of free agent running backs who could come in and give us pretty good production cheaply, provided our offensive line isn't a train-wreck.

Look at the Saints with Mike Bell and Pierre Thomas. It's the same sort of theory that Mike Shanahan subscribes to.

trapezeus
01-13-2010, 10:00 AM
that dime a dozen theory requires to have a legit offensive line that continuously executes at a high level.

Currently we plug and play some awful lines and have gotten decent performance. I'd love nothing more than seeing Fred jackson run behind a talented line for a year. if the guy squeaked out 1000 yards with KO responsibilities and a no viable backup giving him a break, this guy could easily hit 2000 yards with a proper line.

Dr. Lecter
01-13-2010, 10:10 AM
that dime a dozen theory requires to have a legit offensive line that continuously executes at a high level.

Currently we plug and play some awful lines and have gotten decent performance. I'd love nothing more than seeing Fred jackson run behind a talented line for a year. if the guy squeaked out 1000 yards with KO responsibilities and a no viable backup giving him a break, this guy could easily hit 2000 yards with a proper line.

Easily???

C'mon. Only 6 backs in history have done that.

He would not easily hit 2000.

chernobylwraiths
01-13-2010, 11:41 AM

Man, you are becoming more and more irrational as the days go by without a coach. Easily?

ParanoidAndroid
01-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Here's a little excerpt from yesterday's Buffalo Snooze article:

So if the Hamburg PD, who has no love lost for Lynch, is saying he was a jerk and not a criminal, why is anyone else saying he's a criminal? And if acting like a jerk was reason to get rid of someone, the SB era Bills would have never stuck around Buffalo for long. Good thing for them there was no internet back then.

As for the guy looking for an autograph, why he pulled out a $20 AND his biz car is anyone's guess. But getting paid for an autograph isn't stealing. Again being a jerk, sure.

They said that they are dealing with a fine line. No one has determined whether anything criminal was done or not. If a homeless guy did the same thing...."do you have change for a $20?" and you handed it to him without getting the 20 first and he took off, then that is criminal. Stupid on your part, but....whatever. It happens.

Also, to note: Lynch's agent is going after anyone he can to deflect pressure from his client. If there is nothing to hide here, why is Lynch not talking and defending himself? Why? Because his agent is cleaning up his friggin' mess and fears that he will say something stupid.

Goobylal
01-13-2010, 08:48 PM
They said that they are dealing with a fine line. No one has determined whether anything criminal was done or not. If a homeless guy did the same thing...."do you have change for a $20?" and you handed it to him without getting the 20 first and he took off, then that is criminal. Stupid on your part, but....whatever. It happens.
Well first off, we don't know if Lynch took that $20 and used it to pay the TGIF bill. If he did, it's not stealing in any way, shape, or form. That's the key piece of information that's missing. As for the guy who asked for the autograph, I still don't know why he pulled out the $20 AND a business card. Pull out the biz card only and see if he'll sign it for free. Things have to pass the smell test, and neither of these do. So I'll have to go with Lynch "acting like a jerk and not criminally."