PDA

View Full Version : should we be scared?

BillsOwnAll
06-04-2003, 01:53 PM
do you think we should be scared of getting swept by anyone in the division? i think the team with the best division record wins the afc east. i thougt we sweep the division but what do you guys think?

Pride
06-04-2003, 02:13 PM
We will lose 2 to the pats
split with miami
and sweep the jets.

BillsOwnAll
06-04-2003, 02:16 PM
we will start the season 6-0 well beat pats..

Jan Reimers
06-04-2003, 02:20 PM
If we get swept again by the Pats, GW should be fired. We'll split with them, sweep the fish, split with the Jest.

Doc
06-04-2003, 02:24 PM
Split with the Pats and sweep the Jets and Dols.

venis2k1
06-04-2003, 02:28 PM
I wonder what this guy thinks about it http://i.cnn.net/si/images/football/nfl/players/4278.jpg

BillsNYC
06-04-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
If we get swept again by the Pats, GW should be fired. We'll split with them, sweep the fish, split with the Jest.

i concur...we will never win a SB if our coaches can't outcoach belichek....

lordofgun
06-04-2003, 02:35 PM
Total sweep. If we lose one, it'll be to the Jets.

THATHURMANATOR
06-04-2003, 02:47 PM
I say we split with pats and jets and sweep the phins

Pride
06-04-2003, 02:59 PM
you guys are too optimistic...

Doc
06-04-2003, 02:59 PM
Actually the Bills will be 6-0. If they don't beat their opponent, they'll beat themselves.

WCoastFin
06-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Bills will split with Jets, split with Pats, and get swept by Phins.

Pride
06-04-2003, 03:38 PM
Ok, now WBoast is being over optimistic... The phins will never take us in december at home.

Phins054
06-04-2003, 03:54 PM
Anythings possible...you have to take into account injuries to key players. Somebody in the division will lose a significant player for some amount time. Hopefully we already had our bad luck last season when Lucas was in.

RedEyE
06-04-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Phins054
Anythings possible...you have to take into account injuries to key players. Somebody in the division will lose a significant player for some amount time. Hopefully we already had our bad luck last season when Lucas was in.

Great point.

IMO, The Bills will split with all 3 (as long as Griese signs with the Phins). The entire division looks incredibly tight this season.

Phins054
06-04-2003, 04:04 PM
This division is almost always tight. 3 teams at 9-7 and 1 at 8-8. Clayton at ESPN had a good article on the AFC East a few days ago. Check it out

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/clayton_john/1560458.html

THenPitBull
06-04-2003, 04:18 PM
sweep fins mos def, cause Seau is washed up.
split with jets and pats, but could be anywhere from 1-3 to 4-0 against, wins and loses, arbitrary.

The Natrix
06-04-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by THenPitBull
sweep fins mos def, cause Seau is washed up.
split with jets and pats, but could be anywhere from 1-3 to 4-0 against, wins and loses, arbitrary.

Hey T-Hen Pit bull,

Did you fail English?

BTW, the comeback game was 93, dumb ass

The Natrix
06-04-2003, 04:33 PM
It was 92! My apologies!

Halbert
06-04-2003, 04:56 PM
matzo ball

Bert102176
06-04-2003, 10:08 PM
I just thought it was funny with the way our defense was last year we swept the phins.

The_Philster
06-05-2003, 04:52 AM
Our defense should be way improved...I'd say 5-1 in the division.

I'm still shooting for that 13-3 record. ;)

WG
06-05-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
Bills will split with Jets, split with Pats, and get swept by Phins.

Actually, this could happen.

Remember, We had 12 TOs against divisional rivals last season, of those, Drew had 10 of them. If that happens again, I don't care how good we are, we won't win more than 2 of those games. Unless all 10 are in 1 or 2 games which isn't the pattern.

Anyway, assuming that doesn't happen, which counters my sensiblities, IMO we can sweep N.E. They'll be weak. You laugh! However, they did precious little to help their O which will be in a world of hurt this year if they are relying on Smith. IMO last season was Smith's last as any sort of runner who can make an impact even sporadically. Ergo, N.E. is gonna be imbalanced, and all they have is a bunch of non-premier WRs who are all 5'10" or shorter. Their best, Brown, is aging/slowing. Yes, you need a D to win the big one, but you also need something in the way of O and IMO the Pats just don't have enough to balance out their D and keep them off the field.

2-0 Bills w/ good coaching and no self-implosion.

I can see us splitting w/ the Jets as well. We'll be better, but Drew has a bad history w/ the Jets too, and they have good CBs and a well balanced team.

If we drop two to any single team, it'll be the Fins. Last year w/ played them w/o their starting QB in one game and in a blizzard, and w/o their starting QB and their two starting WRs as well. Our offense only put up 16 points in that game and 7 of those were off a Miami defensive error which was very unusual.

Miami will have ~ an equal rushing game, and a very good passing game w/ Chambers, McMichael, Thompson now (you'll see how good he is), and McKnight. As well, they added Buckley and Knight to an already strong secondary against which Drew has also traditionally struggled, albeit not last season.

So if there's a danger of getting swept, my bucks would go on Miami doing the sweeping. That's why I think the Pats game is an absolute must-win. B/c if we were to lose that one, then we go on the road to Jax, whom we'd likely beat, but then back home for an absolutely critical game v. the Fins. If we were to lose to the Pats, and then to the Fins, it would be the worst possible scenario for us. As well, the Fins would gain some momentum as a result of the Pats, a weaker team, having beaten us at RWS.

We need to kick the daylights out of N.E. on opening day and convincingly!!!

clumping platelets
06-05-2003, 09:29 AM
Sweep the fish, split with Jets and Pats

Alien (<>..<>)
06-05-2003, 08:13 PM
The Bills have 3 out the last 4 games against division teams, with Tenesse in the middle, so it is going to be very hard to sweep any one. If you are going to sweep anybody it is the phins since I think you play them at home in december so they'll be frozen. But you have to win the first one.
And I hope you sweep the pats too.

iceblizzard69
06-05-2003, 10:29 PM
The Bills will sweep the Jets, get swept by the Patriots, and either split or get swept by the Dolphins pending on weather conditions in the December matchup. The Fins will not lose to Buffalo in Miami again.