PDA

View Full Version : Has the Marty / Brian combo deal gained some steam

ddaryl
01-12-2010, 06:40 PM
and would a Schottenhiemer duo be worthy consolation prize ?... I say yes.

Clayton keeps pimpin the idea that these 2 will end up together in Buffalo. Just watched that segment on ESPN News, and he's said it before I do believe.

the NYJ's have already conceded they are losing Brian at the end of there playoff run whenever that may be....

Would Brian be ok with being groomed by Dad... ?

other known facts.

Buddy Nix and Marty have some history

Buffalo Bills and Marty have some history

Ralph and Marty have some history

Ralph has big money already on the table for Cowher...

Bills fans have sent a pretty clear message that we need some experinece here to right this ship.

So... Is Ralph about to pull another Rabbit out of his hat an find away to apease the fans once again ?

Does the Bills organization even know its in a complete tailspin ?

FlyingDutchman
01-12-2010, 06:48 PM
This would be my dream scenerio, but i dont want to set myself up for more disappointment so ill just say its not gonna happen now and save myself the torture

Night Train
01-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Of all the possible scenerio's left, the Marty Schott HC with Asst. HC Brian Schott training on the job (while running the O) IS the most sensible. I don't trust young Schott by himself just yet.

Both are well known and liked by Nix. Marty knows what the hell he's doing and has a plan. Plus they could attract good asst's to complete the staff. No Cover 2.

Grimm, Frazier and the rest of the unprovens do nothing for me.

A marriage of the GM and coach must work. Nix and the Schotts are only too obvious.

Demon
01-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Marty and Brian would be an awesome combo. I wonder who they would bring in as D.C.?

Typ0
01-12-2010, 06:56 PM
this would be amazing one would really have to believe MS would be coming here to build this team up and throw himself into making the kid the guru he is. If MS comes to this team like this I might just buy season tickets again...

Of all the possible scenerio's left, the Marty Schott HC with Asst. HC Brian Schott training on the job (while running the O) IS the most sensible. I don't trust young Schott by himself just yet.

Both are well known and liked by Nix. Marty knows what the hell he's doing and has a plan. Plus they could attract good asst's to complete the staff. No Cover 2.

Grimm, Frazier and the rest of the unprovens do nothing for me.

A marriage of the GM and coach must work. Nix and the Schotts are only too obvious.

jdbillsfan
01-12-2010, 06:57 PM
May be too many Schottenheimer's. Could be worse.

I still like the idea of Grimm so far.

better days
01-12-2010, 07:00 PM
I would be very happy with this. The two Schottys may be better than one Cowher.

HAMMER
01-12-2010, 07:00 PM
This would be my first choice of all scenarios, short of waking Vince Lombardi from the dead. I would be beyond excited, I have expressed my belief that Marty would be better then Cowher, now we're talkin. See ddaryl, I am a fan, I do have hopes and dreams just like you.

Novacane
01-12-2010, 07:23 PM
What exactly did Clayton say? Was he just giving his usual opinion or did he site sources? I have not heard him say anything like this before.

elltrain22
01-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Clayton doesn't know anything IMO. If this did happen though, I'd be very happy w/ this. Other than us getting Cowher, this would be the next best thing.

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-12-2010, 07:36 PM
and would a Schottenhiemer duo be worthy consolation prize ?... I say yes.

Clayton keeps pimpin the idea that these 2 will end up together in Buffalo. Just watched that segment on ESPN News, and he's said it before I do believe.

the NYJ's have already conceded they are losing Brian at the end of there playoff run whenever that may be....

Would Brian be ok with being groomed by Dad... ?

other known facts.

Buddy Nix and Marty have some history

Buffalo Bills and Marty have some history

Ralph and Marty have some history

Ralph has big money already on the table for Cowher...

Bills fans have sent a pretty clear message that we need some experinece here to right this ship.

So... Is Ralph about to pull another Rabbit out of his hat an find away to apease the fans once again ?

Does the Bills organization even know its in a complete tailspin ?
That would be a pipe dream in my opinion.:shoothead:

Demon
01-12-2010, 07:36 PM
What exactly did Clayton say? Was he just giving his usual opinion or did he site sources? I have not heard him say anything like this before.

Not sure what he said but i do know ESPN talked about Marty and Brian to Buffalo earlier today because of a twitter i received from Mike Catalana.

ESPN throws more against the wall. They hope this sticks. Both Brian and Marty Schottenheimer to the Bills

Link- http://twitter.com/MikeCatalana

ChristopherWalken
01-12-2010, 07:41 PM
interesting....

Marv and Marty have history as well and we all know how much Ralph loves Marv.

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Not sure what he said but i do know ESPN talked about Marty and Brian to Buffalo earlier today because of a twitter i received from Mike Catalana.

Link- http://twitter.com/MikeCatalana
Thanks for the source. However i still believe it's just spectulation. Who knows...

better days
01-12-2010, 07:53 PM
I have heard Clayton say before that he & Modrack are friends. Clayton lives in Seattle now but he is a Pittsburg guy. He may know something.

HAMMER
01-12-2010, 08:01 PM
This is great, we needed a new rumor.

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Martyball is just as good as cowher power IMO!!!

BillsFanCupp38
01-12-2010, 09:00 PM
That works :)

Raptor
01-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Graham did glean much from a conversation with Brian Schottenheimer regarding his father Marty Schottenheimer's situation.

"On Sunday I spoke with Brian over the phone for quite a while," Graham said. "He says his father's done... but that he will always have his father as a mentor and a guy who he goes to."

http://www.wgr550.com/Tim-Graham--Young-coach-s-fortunes-rising/6095617

Marty aint comin folks. He says he is done and has been saying he is done almost weekly on Sirius

bigdog72ny
01-12-2010, 09:38 PM
brian alone,heck no.with marty sure

Beebe's Kid
01-12-2010, 10:23 PM
Marty and Brian would be an awesome combo. I wonder who they would bring in as D.C.?

I would nominate the Junk Yard Dog. These rumors are killin me. I love the Schotts, and honestly, I would rather have a pair of them, like balls, but I will even consider one. I would rather have father than son, but son will do.

Seattle has rebuilt their organization in 3 days...I realize they might still blow, but wow...we have been at this for a little while. I know it hasn't really been that long, if you count the end of the season and all, but I never really considered Perry, so it has been some time now.

ddaryl
01-13-2010, 06:07 AM

He said that Brian and Marty to Buffalo has a chance and don't be surprised if they both end up there. That was all he pretty much said in a nutshell

elltrain22
01-13-2010, 06:17 AM
Only thing that I know about what John Clayton said, is that John Clayton is an idiot, w/ absolutely no inside info on anything, except on how to an ugly, little nerd.

HAMMER
01-13-2010, 11:10 AM
...............and that's that.......

ddaryl
01-13-2010, 11:32 AM
pretty funny to have our contingency plan destroyed as well