PDA

View Full Version : Lane Kiffin to USC. Bills still the lone NFL opening.

Dr. Lecter
01-12-2010, 07:33 PM
No link yet, just on ESPN

LtFinFan66
01-12-2010, 07:33 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=4820737

BillsWin
01-12-2010, 07:36 PM
:jig:

BILLSROCK1212
01-12-2010, 07:36 PM
what makes him qualified for this job?? he's done squat....although i'm sure this will help the Tennessee program cas he was messing that up

BuffaloBlitz83
01-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Dam, he turned on Tenn

Demon
Where did you hear Kiffin to USC?

wmoz11
I have no respect for Kiffin bailing on Tennessee. I don't care how much of a job bump the USC program is from UT, he has screwed Tennessee in recruiting this year.

Al Davis was right about this clown.

BillsWin
01-12-2010, 07:40 PM
what makes him qualified for this job?? he's done squat....although i'm sure this will help the Tennessee program cas he was messing that up

Word on the street is he would have been forced out of Tennessee following next season without significant improvement. They were wanting major production out of him.

BillsWin
01-12-2010, 07:40 PM
ESPN just reported it.

Novacane
01-12-2010, 07:41 PM

ESPN

elltrain22
01-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Tennessee alum, players, fans, etc are going to have a field day w/ this guy, and deservidly so. He totally has alot of pressure on him now, and this hire could really blow up in their face. Can you say USC transfers?? Betcha at least 10 USC guys will jump ship

LtFinFan66
01-12-2010, 07:59 PM
No doubt....he talked all that smack when he came into town and now he's rolling out

The Spaz
01-12-2010, 08:05 PM
2 things. Who will have more violations Tenn. or USC? Also is USC AD smart or what, he gets a guy who knows how to recruit illegally just like Carroll so they won't miss a beat.

Don't Panic
01-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Tennessee alum, players, fans, etc are going to have a field day w/ this guy, and deservidly so. He totally has alot of pressure on him now, and this hire could really blow up in their face. Can you say USC transfers?? Betcha at least 10 USC guys will jump ship

As an Arizona fan, that's exactly what I'm hoping for. Come to Tucson, boys...

BlackMetalNinja
01-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Ugh... as somebody that follows USC on a regular basis, I'm not fond of this move at all. Kiffin tends to annoy me a great deal.

psubills62
01-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Is USC looking for more investigations? Seriously, this guy had what...6 or 7 recruiting violations in one year?

I'll admit he got a ton of great recruits to Tennessee, but I have a hard time believing kids will buy into his message after this low, low move. UT fans have to be pissed.

hydro
01-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Wow, total doucher move.

realdealryan
01-12-2010, 08:17 PM

Sure, but it's going to take forever to get a coach at this point.

Ed
01-12-2010, 08:21 PM
I don't understand what's so great about this guy. Why does he keep landing big time gigs?

Mike13
01-12-2010, 08:22 PM
I thought he'd stick around to get his ass kicked by Florida at least 4 more times.

such a shame.

Raptor
01-12-2010, 08:32 PM
Cant blame him

Opportunity to coach one of the premier programs in the country, that doesnt come along every day and when it does you better grab that bull by the horns

RockStar36
01-12-2010, 08:51 PM
I'm actually surprised that he just shafted Tennessee already, but I guess I shouldn't be.

EricStratton
01-12-2010, 08:52 PM
I can't believe anyone would leave the mecca of college sports known as the SEC to coach someplace else.

Crisis
01-12-2010, 08:56 PM
is monte going to USC too?

kiffin would've had tennessee turned around soon, was just a matter of time. if he had a real QB they would've been a contender in the SEC

hydro
01-12-2010, 08:58 PM
is monte going to USC too?

kiffin would've had tennessee turned around soon, was just a matter of time. if he had a real QB they would've been a contender in the SEC

Adam_Schefter (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter) (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)
Like son like father: Lane Kiffin bringing his father, Monte, to USC with him to run the defense.

hydro
01-12-2010, 09:10 PM
And another bombshell ... Shelley Smith reports on ESPN that Norm Chow will join Kiffin at UT.

http://twitter.com/albertbreer

Man things are developing fast!

psubills62
01-12-2010, 09:13 PM
And another bombshell ... Shelley Smith reports on ESPN that Norm Chow will join Kiffin at UT.

http://twitter.com/albertbreer

Man things are developing fast!

You mean USC?

Wow... the Trojans sure worked fast.

hydro
01-12-2010, 09:14 PM
You mean USC?

Wow... the Trojans sure worked fast.

HA didn't even notice that. The guy that tweeted that messed up :D

PECKERWOOD
01-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Doesn't Kiffin kinda suck? Why did USC do this?

psubills62
01-12-2010, 09:28 PM
HA didn't even notice that. The guy that tweeted that messed up :D

Kiffin is changing jobs so fast that people can't keep up!

Pinkerton Security
01-12-2010, 09:29 PM
i mean, id rather coach USC than Tennessee as well, but damn dude...kinda messed up

The Spaz
01-12-2010, 09:58 PM
The "Rock"

Demon
01-12-2010, 10:05 PM
I can't believe anyone would leave the mecca of college sports known as the SEC to coach someplace else.

Lane went to school at USC and coached WR's for several years.... USC was probably his dream job.

Ingtar33
01-12-2010, 11:48 PM
2 things. Who will have more violations Tenn. or USC? Also is USC AD smart or what, he gets a guy who knows how to recruit illegally just like Carroll so they won't miss a beat.

he's probably the only sacrificial lamb dumb enough to take charge of a program about to be put on suspension. that will be funny when he learns that.

TheBrownBear
01-13-2010, 01:02 AM
UCLA fans are in a tizzy over the potential Chow defection. Seems to be up in the air at this point over whether he goes to USC or stays at UCLA. If he leaves, it will devastate UCLA's recruiting class, and Chow will become the number one hated man in Westwood.

Night Train
01-13-2010, 03:39 AM
College football analyst Pat Forde said Tenny picked Kiffin last year over Cinci's Brian Kelly.

Kelly just took over at UB. Makes me feel good about our new coach in East Amherst. :up:

Michael82
01-13-2010, 04:06 AM
Umm...Kelly took over at Notre Dame, not UB.

El Guapo
01-13-2010, 06:43 AM
Doesn't Kiffin kinda suck? Why did USC do this?

The guy and his staff can flat out recruit. College football is more about recruiting than coaching, and this guy can do it.

Night Train
01-13-2010, 07:02 AM
Umm...Kelly took over at Notre Dame, not UB.

Oops, you're right. I'll take a mulligan and try the 2 iron. :up:

DraftBoy
01-13-2010, 07:40 AM
Great hire for USC. Kiffin personality will not be as big of an issue in the Pac 10 as it was in the SEC. I mean come on, is it really going to be a big story if Chip Kelly gives Lane a tongue lashing at Pac-10 Media Day like Steve Spurrier did (which was absolutely hysterical by the way).

Kiffin had UT heading in the right direction and they know it. This was a ****ty move for them because now they are late in the process of the HC search and signing day is just around the corner. They may target a Bud Foster, or a Will Muschamp type, who yes are the coach in waiting but may be that way for a few years and may not want to wait that long. Another name I heard that made me laugh a little was Bobby Petrino. We all know he'd leave Arkansas in a second.

SABURZFAN
01-13-2010, 07:49 AM
i don't like how Kiffin stuck it to Tennessee but i can't blame him either. he's a west coast guy with a good west coast gig. now if i were Tennessee, i'd go after Mike Leach.

Pinkerton Security
01-13-2010, 10:14 AM
I can't believe anyone would leave the mecca of college FOOTBALL known as the SEC to coach someplace else.

corrected...SEC cant hold a candle to the big east in basketball.

DraftBoy
01-13-2010, 10:28 AM
corrected...SEC cant hold a candle to the big east in basketball.

College Basketball is only relevant for a month out of the year. It can't hold a candle to CFB.

Claiming conference superiority in CBB is kinda sad.

Pinkerton Security
01-13-2010, 10:31 AM
College Basketball is only relevant for a month out of the year. It can't hold a candle to CFB.

Claiming conference superiority in CBB is kinda sad.
its sad that college bball captivates the nation for entire month? no, what is actually sad is that college football wont cave and do the same (have a tourney), because it would be amazing.

DraftBoy
01-13-2010, 10:35 AM
its sad that college bball captivates the nation for entire month? no, what is actually sad is that college football wont cave and do the same (have a tourney), because it would be amazing.

It capitivates the nation because its of gambling reasons, not because its so high caliber of basketball. Let's be clear the reason NCAA BB is relevant is because of the money that can be made and/or lost during March, not because people are such die hard CBB fans.

Have you seen the ratings for the BCS games? They dont need a tourney they turn out higher points than the NCAA tourney.

No matter how bad we all want a playoff (and Im a huge supporter of one) it won't happen when TV ratings are as high as they are currently. The system is broken but its making tons of money.

DraftBoy
01-13-2010, 10:36 AM
Back on topic though Lane Kiffin also took Ed Orgeron with him to USC. Which is a big deal since Oregeron is a big time recruiter.

A lot of Houston Nutt's success at Ole Miss was with Ed Orgeron's recruits.

Pinkerton Security
01-13-2010, 10:41 AM
It capitivates the nation because its of gambling reasons, not because its so high caliber of basketball. Let's be clear the reason NCAA BB is relevant is because of the money that can be made and/or lost during March, not because people are such die hard CBB fans.

Have you seen the ratings for the BCS games? They dont need a tourney they turn out higher points than the NCAA tourney.

No matter how bad we all want a playoff (and Im a huge supporter of one) it won't happen when TV ratings are as high as they are currently. The system is broken but its making tons of money.
You are obviously not a fan of college basketball, so we can agree to disagree on that part.

Also back on point, Kiffin has assembled a damn good staff there at USC!

DraftBoy
01-13-2010, 10:50 AM
You are obviously not a fan of college basketball, so we can agree to disagree on that part.

Also back on point, Kiffin has assembled a damn good staff there at USC!

No actually I am, but I also know what it is in reality. Unless you a diehard of a certain university you dont give two craps about CBB till its tourney time and then its usually only to fill out brackets and bet on games. Let's be real here.

If he lands Chow from UCLA that would be huge. Kiffin as DC, Chow as OC, and Orgeron as top recruiter...USC may not fall off one bit.

Pinkerton Security
01-13-2010, 10:53 AM
No actually I am, but I also know what it is in reality. Unless you a diehard of a certain university you dont give two craps about CBB till its tourney time and then its usually only to fill out brackets and bet on games. Let's be real here.

If he lands Chow from UCLA that would be huge. Kiffin as DC, Chow as OC, and Orgeron as top recruiter...USC may not fall off one bit.

well i dont wanna keep this thread going off track but its the same for college football, i am not a die-hard for any college football team and dont care at all until bowl time. ill leave it at that.

DraftBoy
01-13-2010, 10:55 AM
well i dont wanna keep this thread going off track but its the same for college football, i am not a die-hard for any college football team and dont care at all until bowl time. ill leave it at that.

That's nice but this isn't about you and me. And I have the ratings and popularity on my side of the argument. But we'll leave it at that.

soapman
01-13-2010, 11:11 AM
Hey if we wait we can probably get him next year!

DraftBoy
01-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Great hire for USC. Kiffin personality will not be as big of an issue in the Pac 10 as it was in the SEC. I mean come on, is it really going to be a big story if Chip Kelly gives Lane a tongue lashing at Pac-10 Media Day like Steve Spurrier did (which was absolutely hysterical by the way).

Kiffin had UT heading in the right direction and they know it. This was a ****ty move for them because now they are late in the process of the HC search and signing day is just around the corner. They may target a Bud Foster, or a Will Muschamp type, who yes are the coach in waiting but may be that way for a few years and may not want to wait that long. Another name I heard that made me laugh a little was Bobby Petrino. We all know he'd leave Arkansas in a second.

I dont normally quote myself, but just to update;

UT fans seem to be screaming about getting a Will Muschamp or Bobby Petrino in here. Another name I heard is Bo Pelini.

Apparently the rampant rumor though is that Tennessee has thrown the checkbook at Will Muschamp and that since Mack Brown got extended he will be going to Tennesee. A guy on a message board who claims to be a Tenn coach says this is happening, an insider on a Texas board however says that Muschamp is staying put. Its all very exciting.

Also Tennesee lost three recruits already;
Brandon Willis-4 Star DE-ESPN150-Committed to UNC
Delvin Jones-4 Star DE
Micheal Taylor-4 Star LB-Under Armour All-American-ESPN150

Lastly some of the boosters are still very close to former UT coach Phillip Fulmer and a grassroots Coup may be in the works to restore The Great Pumpkin to his throne. Now I dont think this is true but it made me laugh so I wanted to share it.

DraftBoy
01-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Now being confirmed Muschamp shot down Tennessee's offer.

AF Coach Calhoun now being listed by major media outlets as the name to think about.

Also they are reporting about the boosters contacting Fulmer, as I mentioned in the post above. I thought it was more of a joke before, but now its catching steam.

realdealryan
01-13-2010, 10:59 PM
http://i.tsn.com/i/photos/20100113/133663.gif