PDA

View Full Version : Theoretical deadline

realdealryan
01-12-2010, 08:34 PM
How long can the Bills wait to sign a coach?

You've got about a month between the Super Bowl and free agency. Clearly there will be a point where it's embarrassing. There will also be some point where you want a system in place to make the correct free agency moves.

My impatience makes me wonder here. Mods, merge this if it needs to go in a coaching thread or something...

Prov401
01-12-2010, 08:50 PM
I'd say the absolute latest Buffalo will have a coach, is by the week after the Superbowl.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-12-2010, 08:58 PM
They'll hire James Lofton, if all fails

realdealryan
01-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Coach Sal mentioned the East-West game, which will be on the 23rd. I dunno.

mrbojanglezs
01-12-2010, 09:33 PM
jauron was hired 20 something of january

Joe Fo Sho
01-12-2010, 10:00 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we entered the draft without a coach...

BloFan4Life
01-12-2010, 10:01 PM
I say before the Pro Bowl. After the Super Bowl things start to happen and you need a coach before that.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-12-2010, 10:12 PM
first 2 weeks of feb.....

mrbojanglezs
01-12-2010, 10:46 PM
i say we should expect one in the 5-9 day range

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-12-2010, 10:56 PM
I think you'll se Ralph on the sidelines this year... he'll look good in the headset, and think of all the money he'll save!

DrGraves
01-12-2010, 11:24 PM
just hire mike martz... at least he WANTS the job...

Bmax
01-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Before the Senior Bowl...Jan 30TH..... I say if the Jets and The cardinals lose this weekend we will have our guy by the 26th of January ....

BillsWin
01-13-2010, 12:03 AM
just be patient. When you rush the process youll wind up with Frazier. Plus Im not convinced the Bills and Cowher are done talking. Cowher's obligations to CBS end after the conference championships. Putring that aside, all the good coordinator options are in the playoffs. So its hard to schedule interviews when theyre focused on the task at hand. Hope the Jets and Cardnials lose so we can actively pursue Grimm and Schottenheimer Jr.

Beebe's Kid
01-13-2010, 12:38 AM
just be patient. When you rush the process youll wind up with Frazier. Plus Im not convinced the Bills and Cowher are done talking. Cowher's obligations to CBS end after the conference championships. Putring that aside, all the good coordinator options are in the playoffs. So its hard to schedule interviews when theyre focused on the task at hand. Hope the Jets and Cardnials lose so we can actively pursue Grimm and Schottenheimer Jr.

I need to print this out and carry it around with me.... I know as much, but I am getting damn impatient.

Michael82
01-13-2010, 12:49 AM
Doesn't CBS have the Super Bowl? If so...his contract obligations end after that. But I honestly see Kelly and Thomas helping the Bills convince Cowher and his family to come to Buffalo. I also see Brandon convincing Ralph to cough up more money for assistant coaches and players. If they offer that, IMO Cowher will come!

Or it could just be that he is waiting to see if Carolina's job opens up. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make an announcement soon to make it official that John Fox is staying.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-13-2010, 03:37 AM
Doesn't CBS have the Super Bowl? If so...his contract obligations end after that. But I honestly see Kelly and Thomas helping the Bills convince Cowher and his family to come to Buffalo. I also see Brandon convincing Ralph to cough up more money for assistant coaches and players. If they offer that, IMO Cowher will come!

Or it could just be that he is waiting to see if Carolina's job opens up. I wouldn't be surprised to see them make an announcement soon to make it official that John Fox is staying.
:scooter: LETS GO !!!!!

Don't Panic
01-13-2010, 03:44 AM

I can't see Bill Cowher having a TV contract that keeps him from coaching... that is, unless he had no plans to coach this coming year.

We don't need a coach until just nefore free agency, but it would obviously be advantageous to have one in place ASAP. It all depends who we value and when they can interview. It could be 2-3 days after the Super Bowl and still make a lot of sense (if it is a coordinator who is coaching in that game).

clumping platelets
01-13-2010, 04:42 AM
I say before the Pro Bowl. After the Super Bowl things start to happen and you need a coach before that.

:goodpost: