• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Throne Logic
    Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
    • Aug 2002

Odd things at OBD

Another thread pointed out the strange hush over Cowher and his plans. My concern is in regards to the number of potential HC candidates who have jumped at coordinator positions prior to Buffalo hiring. That tells me one of two things. Either things are very strangely hushed within the NFL coaching ranks about something that is definitely happening soon with the HC position, or the Bills truly are viewed as an undesirable option. Sad to think we may have sunken to the Raiders level.

Here's rooting for option "A".
    Still searching for that offensive rhythm.
  • Buckets
    • Jun 2003

Re: Odd things at OBD

If you think about it who in their right mind would turn down a job ANYWHERE for 5 to 10 mil a year for 3 to 5 years . If you get canned after a year or 2 who cares? Especially in Buffalo everyone in the rest of the league would be sympathetic because of the "situation" with the Bills. Everyone of our Ex HC's have landed on their feet somewhere else.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Throne Logic
      Another thread pointed out the strange hush over Cowher and his plans. My concern is in regards to the number of potential HC candidates who have jumped at coordinator positions prior to Buffalo hiring. That tells me one of two things. Either things are very strangely hushed within the NFL coaching ranks about something that is definitely happening soon with the HC position, or the Bills truly are viewed as an undesirable option. Sad to think we may have sunken to the Raiders level.

Here's rooting for option "A".
      You have every right to think that way. I'm seeing the same thing.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Throne Logic
        My concern is in regards to the number of potential HC candidates who have jumped at coordinator positions prior to Buffalo hiring.

Haslett? Weiss? who else. They must not have been on the Bills list. Thank God!

Comment

• CPTBobby
          • May 2007

What is interesting to me is the Gimm stuff.

He wants to look at the position prior to saying yes to an interview. That is telling me something is sparking him to actually look into what is going on at OBD prior to taking the interview.

I think he wants a legit interview and get a feel he is a likely candidate, not like what happened in Seattle getting granted interviews when they had thier guy

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
            The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
            • Feb 2005

fraizer
            In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Throne Logic
              Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Novacane
              Haslett? Weiss? who else. They must not have been on the Bills list. Thank God!
              Well, add Romeo and Brian Shott to the list today.

Is there any coordinator position open right now?

I'm not saying I want any of these guys. It just seems that they are happier to take the coordinator spots rather than make a push to become the next HC of the Bills.
              Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

Working...
              X