PDA

View Full Version : Odd things at OBD

Throne Logic
01-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Another thread pointed out the strange hush over Cowher and his plans. My concern is in regards to the number of potential HC candidates who have jumped at coordinator positions prior to Buffalo hiring. That tells me one of two things. Either things are very strangely hushed within the NFL coaching ranks about something that is definitely happening soon with the HC position, or the Bills truly are viewed as an undesirable option. Sad to think we may have sunken to the Raiders level.

Here's rooting for option "A".

Buckets
01-13-2010, 07:09 AM
If you think about it who in their right mind would turn down a job ANYWHERE for 5 to 10 mil a year for 3 to 5 years . If you get canned after a year or 2 who cares? Especially in Buffalo everyone in the rest of the league would be sympathetic because of the "situation" with the Bills. Everyone of our Ex HC's have landed on their feet somewhere else.

Night Train
01-13-2010, 07:12 AM
Another thread pointed out the strange hush over Cowher and his plans. My concern is in regards to the number of potential HC candidates who have jumped at coordinator positions prior to Buffalo hiring. That tells me one of two things. Either things are very strangely hushed within the NFL coaching ranks about something that is definitely happening soon with the HC position, or the Bills truly are viewed as an undesirable option. Sad to think we may have sunken to the Raiders level.

Here's rooting for option "A".

You have every right to think that way. I'm seeing the same thing.

Novacane
01-13-2010, 07:35 AM
My concern is in regards to the number of potential HC candidates who have jumped at coordinator positions prior to Buffalo hiring.

Haslett? Weiss? who else. They must not have been on the Bills list. Thank God!

CPTBobby
01-13-2010, 08:47 AM
What is interesting to me is the Gimm stuff.

He wants to look at the position prior to saying yes to an interview. That is telling me something is sparking him to actually look into what is going on at OBD prior to taking the interview.

I think he wants a legit interview and get a feel he is a likely candidate, not like what happened in Seattle getting granted interviews when they had thier guy

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-13-2010, 12:28 PM
fraizer

Throne Logic
01-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Haslett? Weiss? who else. They must not have been on the Bills list. Thank God!

Well, add Romeo and Brian Shott to the list today.

Is there any coordinator position open right now?

I'm not saying I want any of these guys. It just seems that they are happier to take the coordinator spots rather than make a push to become the next HC of the Bills.