PDA

View Full Version : Analysts size up Bills' coaching needs

Don't Panic
01-13-2010, 04:08 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/920694.html

A sound article... I agree that we need an offensive-minded coach and that he also needs to be a coach who brings a tough attitude. Grimm fits this to a T. And you have to like his odds of finding a good defensive mind to be DC. Still, he doesn't sound overly enthused about the opportunity...

"It's always flattering when you're considered for it," Grimm said of the Bills' job, "but you've got to wait and see what it all contains and pertains to and how it's run — but that's all down the road."

YardRat
01-13-2010, 05:30 AM
"...that's all down the road" indicates to me that he could be interested when the time is right.

I give the guy credit for concentrating on his immediate task for the Cardinals.

Night Train
01-13-2010, 05:34 AM
19 years as an Asst. positional coach and not once has ever been promoted to be a coordinator. I could care less about the Asst. HC title given to him by his buddy. He doesn't seem to be involved in ANY gameplanning.

knock,knock..

next..

YardRat
01-13-2010, 05:58 AM
19 years as an Asst. positional coach and not once has ever been promoted to be a coordinator. I could care less about the Asst. HC title given to him by his buddy. He doesn't seem to be involved in ANY gameplanning.

knock,knock..

next..

That's a valid point...he is the run game coordinator, but they have somebody else handle the pass. Still, who he might bring in as his coordinators are more important to me...I don't think a HC has to be very 'hands-on' with the actual game plans.

Don't Panic
01-13-2010, 06:19 AM
That's a valid point...he is the run game coordinator, but they have somebody else handle the pass. Still, who he might bring in as his coordinators are more important to me...I don't think a HC has to be very 'hands-on' with the actual game plans.

Exactly... this is a guy who will choose wisely and delegate accordingly. He has to. As for him keeping his focus on this postseason and not next season, I agree, that's great, I just didn't think he sounded overly interested.