PDA

View Full Version : McNabb Speculation - Could He Be Available ?

Night Train
01-13-2010, 05:41 AM
While driving last night, a Philly beat reporter was talking to someone on WGR. His speculation was due to contract, Kolb etc., the Eagles will explore moving McNabb before the draft. ( Compared the Favre/Rodgers situation ) He predicted a 2nd rounder would be the starting point but a 3rd was more likely.

Last I checked, we have no QB at all. McNabb probably has 2-3 years left in the tank and a pick this year or next wouldn't be thrown to the wolves. It would also allow us to use or remaining picks on a LT and front 7 help on the D.

Food for thought. Discuss.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-13-2010, 05:46 AM
as long as we dont give up our 1st im all for it.

Don't Panic
01-13-2010, 06:15 AM
I wouldn't think twice about giving a 3rd for him. He would be the best QB we've had in 14 years.

Novacane
01-13-2010, 06:18 AM
For a 3rd round pick? Absolutely!

RockStar36
01-13-2010, 06:37 AM
Hypothetically, if he were available for a 2nd or even a 3rd, I would do that deal in a heartbeat. Even if we only got 2 good years out of him.

clumping platelets
01-13-2010, 06:41 AM
Lynch and a 4th for McNabb :nod:

Don't Panic
01-13-2010, 06:51 AM
Lynch and a 4th for McNabb :nod:

If they'd take it, I wouldn't even blink.

Ingtar33
01-13-2010, 06:53 AM
I'd give them a 3rd straight up for him.
I would give them a 2nd in NEXT years draft.
I'd give them a 3rd this year and a 4th next
Yes, I'd even give them a 4th and lynch, or a 3rd next year and lynch.

I would not give them more though.

elltrain22
01-13-2010, 07:09 AM

For McNabb, sounds good to me.

Night Train
01-13-2010, 07:10 AM

That's my thinking. A 3rd now and another middle round pick next year ( maybe conditional based on performance ). Just going by recent history, that seems about right. I don't think Philly would waste time thinking about it, if they're already entertaining the idea. Plus the planning for the upcoming draft, Vicks 5 Mil option coming up. etc. I wonder what McNabb currently makes ?

Regardless, make a call fast and explore the possibility.

dannyek71
01-13-2010, 07:35 AM
Id give up maybe a 4th. No to anything higher.

I think DM is a very good QB. But he only has a year left on his contract. We would be essentially renting him for 16 games. We need to stop focusing on retreads and focus on the future. Id rather take someone decent in the 3rd round and start them or Brohm for a year

RockStar36
01-13-2010, 07:48 AM
Even better in my mind, getting McNabb for about 2 years while a young QB sits behind him and is groomed properly and then is ready to take over, much like Philly is doing now and what Green Bay did with Rodgers.

mrbojanglezs
01-13-2010, 07:57 AM
if its a second you do it, you draft an OT in the first round

FlyingDutchman
01-13-2010, 08:07 AM
did reid already say mcnabb will be their qb next year?

hydro
01-13-2010, 08:17 AM
Even better in my mind, getting McNabb for about 2 years while a young QB sits behind him and is groomed properly and then is ready to take over, much like Philly is doing now and what Green Bay did with Rodgers.

YES! I would absolutely be on board with this.

plundar
01-13-2010, 08:30 AM
If he was available I would do it without a doubt. No higher than a 2nd.

Griff
01-13-2010, 08:37 AM
This is pretty much what I've been saying since week 10, get a good vet, and let the next QB sit and learn.

Mr. Pink
01-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Lynch and a 3rd or 4th for McNabb would be a good deal for both sides...

Aliceinchainsbills15
01-13-2010, 09:40 AM
While driving last night, a Philly beat reporter was talking to someone on WGR. His speculation was due to contract, Kolb etc., the Eagles will explore moving McNabb before the draft. ( Compared the Favre/Rodgers situation ) He predicted a 2nd rounder would be the starting point but a 3rd was more likely.

Last I checked, we have no QB at all. McNabb probably has 2-3 years left in the tank and a pick this year or next wouldn't be thrown to the wolves. It would also allow us to use or remaining picks on a LT and front 7 help on the D.

Food for thought. Discuss.
no...he is staying in Phili for 2010

trapezeus
01-13-2010, 09:50 AM
if lynch goes to philly, i expect him to be out of the league the following year. with his habit of getting in trouble and the type of city philly is, good luck marshawn. you take their 20, they'll rough you up and spit you out...oh and if you suck as badly as you did this last year, you'll hear for all 8 games you play.

Saratoga Slim
01-13-2010, 10:07 AM

I would definately give them all of the above.

Frankly, I might even give this year's 3nd and next year's 3rd. It would be a bad decision from a long term perspective, but I think it's really critical for this franchise to turn a corner this coming season - for the fans, for free agent perception, etc. Unless we get at least stable production from the QB position, that's not going to happen. McNabb would immediately provide 2-3 years of above-average, if not necessarily All-Pro play. And he'd also provide some credibility and league connections for free agent persuasion. Also, leadership.

trapezeus
01-13-2010, 10:33 AM
here is what happens if the trade goes through.

Mcnabb holds out, the bills lose the picks, the eagles take 2 players that we could have used. 1 will turn out to be really quite amazing.

Mcnabb's contract request for a 5 year deal gets solved 2 weeks into training camp.

The bills tell us, he's so seasoned, he'll pick it up.

The bills will have either failed to get an LT or made the wrong pick at LT. Mcnabb gets injured in week 4. Edwards comes in, stinks it up for 2 quarters at home with a thunderous round of boos. Brohm comes in, doesn't look that bad, but then gets yanked after a scoring drive to give edwards one more shot. he gets injured. Brohm's confidence is broken, and mcnabb and TO become friends on the bills sideline over how hilariously bad this team has become.

Offseason 2011, we hear that there is a lockout, we all take a huge sigh of relief that we aren't subjected to year 12 of pure *****e football.