PDA

View Full Version : A brief draft history of Buddy Nix

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Very interesting name tossed out at the end.

Today’s Wednesday. The Buffalo Bills have now had an empty chair in the head coach’s office at One Bills Drive for nearly nine full days, and given the nature of their search, that streak is likely to continue a while longer. GM Buddy Nix has his work cut out for him, as he still reportedly has several candidates to interview for the post. He’s also got that tiny task in front of him of making the Bills not stink anymore, too.

Nix, obviously, is the key figure in Buffalo for the time being (we’re guessing that once the new head coach is hired, he’ll command most fans’ attention for a considerable stretch of time). As such, it’s important for us to get our heavy discussions on Nix in before the big news breaks.

What follows after the jump is an examination of the work that Buddy Nix has done in 17 years’ worth of front office experience at the NFL level. In essence, this is his resume for the job he currently holds; we doubt his coaching experience had a tangible bearing on owner Ralph Wilson’s decision to name Nix his GM. This post is not about the process that led to Nix’s hire in Buffalo; we’ve had that discussion too many times to be interested in it. The deed is done, and for better or worse, Nix will be calling the personnel shots in Orchard Park for the foreseeable future.

This is what he’s done. It’s up to you to decide if you’re still comfortable with Nix running the show once the discussion heats up.

Full Story (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/01/a-brief-draft-history-of-buddy-nix/)

ddaryl
01-13-2010, 07:47 AM
Nix has been involved in bringing in successful players where ever he has been in the NFL... Hopefully that translates into a very successful GM stint

The Whitehurt thought was of interest as well, even though I know nothing about him

DraftBoy
01-13-2010, 07:47 AM
Interesting article, and the mention of Whitehurt is interesting though I don't like the limited information presented. Because while Charlie has good size, his arm and accuracy are both questionable.

He struggled badly at Clemson his Junior and Senior year as well. Not sure what there is at this point to like about the guy or really see the connection.

ddaryl
01-13-2010, 07:49 AM
Interesting article, and the mention of Whitehurt is interesting though I don't like the limited information presented. Because while Charlie has good size, his arm and accuracy are both questionable.

He struggled badly at Clemson his Junior and Senior year as well. Not sure what there is at this point to like about the guy or really see the connection.

Whitehurst has never even thrown a pass in the NFL

I would have to say he is not the answer

DraftBoy
01-13-2010, 07:52 AM
Whitehurst has never even thrown a pass in the NFL

I would have to say he is not the answer
Not true he has thrown passes in the preseason.

And I dont care about playing in NFL regular season games that much if he had shown a lot of potential earlier, but the last time Charlie showed something on a consistent basis was his Sophmore year at Clemson.