X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Maybin Playing weight vs Listed Weight

Ok, looking at the picture of him that is up on the Bills Official site front page, the guy looks like a WR. He looks like he can't be one ounce over 230, maybe even 225. Yet, the roster lists him at 250 pounds...? That is 7 pounds heavier than Schobel and that makes no sense.

1. I am curious to know his true weight and

2. How did he lose so much weight between his Pro-Day and the start of the season.

The guy on the right is definitely not this guy .....

• ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Maybin Playing weight vs Listed Weight

he never put on muscle weight for the combine, so by the time he was thru with camp he melted all that added weight away

The guy was 240lbs tops this year IMO

Comment

• Prov401
      President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
      • Aug 2008

Muscle weighs more than fat. And by the looks of it, Maybin doesn't have an ounce of fat on him.

During the season, it looked like Maybin kept getting skinnier. He probably is having trouble keeping on the weight. It's my guess they weighed him at 250 before the season, because right now, he looks about 220. However, like I said, muscle weighs more than fat, so he's probably 230ish.

Comment

• Raptor
        • Jan 2009

He played at 245 this year, he said it and Fewell said it before the Colts game on Sirius

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Raptor
          He played at 245 this year, he said it and Fewell said it before the Colts game on Sirius
          Yeah. He was not 245. Don't care what Fewell said. Look at the pic for yourself. The guy looks like an NBA player.

No way Maybin or Fewell would come out and say he is 225 or 230 anyways and open themselves up to more criticism.
          Last edited by Mahdi; 01-13-2010, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

i don't know how much he weighs.. but i would give a nut to be built like that.. don't know if he will be a good player or not.. but he is in some serious physical condition.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
              i don't know how much he weighs.. but i would give a nut to be built like that.. don't know if he will be a good player or not.. but he is in some serious physical condition.
              He was. That before and after split was around Pro-Day time. He lost a lot of that muscle.

And although you or I would be happy with that, it won't work for a DE or even a 3-4 OLB.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Maybin is WAY too small to be a DE in the NFL.

Period.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                  My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                  • Apr 2004

What a conundrum..... you need both nuts to pump out the testosterone in order to look like that....

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

i can see the condition he's in on the sidelines.. he is still in great condition.. he is just too light to be a DE.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

i can see the condition he's in on the sidelines.. he is still in great condition.. he is just too light to be a DE.
                      Conditioning is one thing, power and leverage is another.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                        • Jun 2009

See what happens when you hit a cycle of roids, and what happens when you go off them.

He is only 21 though so he should fill out more naturally in the next couple of years. Still he is not an NFL d-end, he's a 3-4 olb.

Another great move by Jauron or whomever wanted to pick him at #11.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                          Hall of Fame Zoner
                          • Jan 2010

he is not a everydown de, i keep telling u people this, he is a pass rusher only... derrick thomas was only 235 and jason taylor 240... let his body fill out. mathis is only 235....

even if he can keep his weight at 250 he is only a 3rd down pass rusher only... i would have drafted orakpo but maybin could turn out to be a great pass rusher...

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
                            he is not a everydown de, i keep telling u people this, he is a pass rusher only... derrick thomas was only 235 and jason taylor 240... let his body fill out. mathis is only 235....

even if he can keep his weight at 250 he is only a 3rd down pass rusher only... i would have drafted orakpo but maybin could turn out to be a great pass rusher...
                            1. Mathis is 6'2 245. Which means he is more compact than Maybin and can produce more power and leverage at that height and weight.

2. Maybin is no where near 250.

3. Maybin could not even pass rush when he was given the chance because he can only run in a straight line and there is no worry of a bull-rush.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Jan 2010

maybin played at 240-245 this year, fewell said this.... if he gets stronger he will be able to shed blocks easier. give him a full offseason of power training...

cameron wake was 230 lbs at penn st too, now look at him... again, give maybin some time

Comment

Working...
                              X