• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WeAreArthurMoates
    • Feb 2009

Grimm will interview

Grimm will interview with the Bills

Posted by Mike Florio on January 13, 2010 10:04 AM ET
    Despite reports suggesting that Cardinals offensive line coach Russ Grimm could decline an opportunity to interview for the head-coaching job in Buffalo, it appears that Grimm will proceed.

The Arizona Republic reports that the Bills have received permission from the Cardinals to talk to Grimm this week, as the Cardinals prepare to play the Saints.

Under league rules, teams that win in the wild-card round may grant or deny permission for head-coaching interviews to assistant coaches in the following week. No hire can be made until the playoff run ends.

Per the Republic, the interview could happen on Wednesday or Thursday evening in Arizona, or possibly on Sunday, the day after the division-round game.

Even if Grimm has misgivings about taking the job, it makes sense for him to talk to the Bills. The more he interviews, the better he'll be when interviewing -- and the more he'll be asked to interview.

Eventually, a sense will develop that it's inevitable Grimm will get an offer.

And when that happens, Grimm will have to think long and hard about whether it's the first of many, or the first of only a few. Sometimes, the window closes as quickly as it opened.

For more on this point, we yield the balance of our time to Jason Garrett.
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: Grimm will interview

If we're going the coordinator route, I'm more than OK with hiring Grimm.

D & S Sports

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

I'm coming around on Grimm...

I am a big fan of strong OL play. Grimm would bring that, and I bet he would love to be coaching guys like Wood, Levitre and Incognito

He is also a loyal player and coach... loyalty always goes a long ways in my book

If marty isn't coming to coach with Brian then Grimm is becoming a strong 1st choice for possible coordinators benig our HC

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

if it ain't Cowher, and unless Brian comes as OC with his father as his coach.

Then Grimm is my guy.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
          • Feb 2009

Grimm has been my number 1 choice all season. I was getting a little down thinking he wouldn't coach here. I hope this guy has a knock out interview and the Cardinals lose this week.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
            I'm coming around on Grimm...

I am a big fan of strong OL play. Grimm would bring that, and I bet he would love to be coaching guys like Wood, Levitre and Incognito

He is also a loyal player and coach... loyalty always goes a long ways in my book

If marty isn't coming to coach with Brian then Grimm is becoming a strong 1st choice for possible coordinators benig our HC
            he's also a disciplinarian, something this team needs BADLY IMO

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              he's also a disciplinarian, something this team needs BADLY IMO
              Exactly, this guy has the perfect make up for the perfect coach in Buffalo. He's like an Andy Reid clone. Unfortunatly, he will probably lack the gameday skills as Reid but I will take it.

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                if it ain't Cowher, and unless Brian comes as OC with his father as his coach.

Then Grimm is my guy.

that's how I feel right now as well

Comment

• NorthCarBills
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by WeAreMarshawn23
                  Exactly, this guy has the perfect make up for the perfect coach in Buffalo. He's like an Andy Reid clone. Unfortunatly, he will probably lack the gameday skills as Reid but I will take it.
                  Agree with both you guys...I'm just hoping for one thing based on the back and forth of this news as of late:

Grimm is not interested, and only using this simply to experience the HC interview process.

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by WeAreMarshawn23
                    I honestly think of him more as a Cowher clone. He worked with him enough years to definitely learn from him.

He would understand that Buffalo needs a dominant running game to win games.

I'd say right now he is my #2 choice behind the obvious at #1.

D & S Sports

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

i'd be good to get grimm and have him select Cowher for his staff:-)

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

If Grimm is the HC he would need to hire a very good play caller. Greg Knapp?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by NorthCarBills
                          Agree with both you guys...I'm just hoping for one thing based on the back and forth of this news as of late:

Grimm is not interested, and only using this simply to experience the HC interview process.
                          I think that idea is just Clayton covering his ass for previously reporting that Grimm was going to outright decline to be interviewed....and now having to eat crow.

My guess is that Grimm wouldn't bother interviewing in the middle of his team's playoff run JUST TO PRACTICE INTERVIEWING. I think he must have at least some interest.

I'm glad we're at least interviewing the guy.
                          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Chain Gang
                            • Feb 2009

So coupled with information both coach Sal and others had put forth regarding his interviewing/not interviewing possibly being tied to Cowher's decision....can we infer in fact that we have definitely moved on?

"First dowwwwwn!"

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

I hope this interview goes well enough to bump Frazier off the "Front Runner" title that he seems to have.

Comment

Working...
                              X