X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jaybird
    • Dec 2005

Sources: Schottenheimer declines talk

Even though the Jets granted the Buffalo Bills permission, New York offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer declined the chance to interview for the Buffalo head coaching job this week or after the season, according to sources.

Good or bad news????
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Sources: Schottenheimer declines talk

"I'd love to be a head coach, but I say that with an asterisk," Schottenheimer said Sunday after the Jets beat the Bengals in the wild-card round of the playoffs. "That's my dream, but I want to be a head coach when the time is right, when the situation is right. I don't want to just take a job to take a job."

Ouch. I'm sure that will raise the hatred of the fanbase on this guy.

Comment

• mackey789
      • Jul 2002

Please sell the team now, Ralph

Comment

• NorthCarBills
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Jaybird

Even though the Jets granted the Buffalo Bills permission, New York offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer declined the chance to interview for the Buffalo head coaching job this week or after the season, according to sources.

Good or bad news????
        I was not sold on this guy...though we are getting low on candidates, I'm not upset at all by this.

Comment

• Billz_fan
          • Jan 2003

Yeah it is running on ESPN right now that he has declined to interview with the Bills. Says he really enjoys his job and working with Rex Ryan.

This has become really lousy
          The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Iehoshua
            • Jan 2003

Yeah, but really, who is he to be all high and mighty?

Yeah the Bill Cowher refusal stings, but in the words of The Rock to Brian, "Who... in the blue hell... are YOU?"

Comment

• HAMMER
              I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Iehoshua

Yeah the Bill Cowher refusal stings, but in the words of The Rock to Brian, "Who... in the blue hell... are YOU?"
              High and Mighty? He just said he was happy where he is, what's high and mighty about that.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                • Jan 2003

I know but It just seems like even the nobodys don't want the job. Christ you would think they just come in and interview for the sake of going through the process getting the HC interview experience and see what the Bills have to offer and then maybe say they are happy where they are instead of flat out saying no.
                The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

well i guess we shouldn't be surprised at this point.

I'm glad he turned us down (I wasn't high on him) but how pathetic is it that even a coordinator with an average track record who shouldn't be a serious candidate... well... anywhere, is turning us down now.
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Iehoshua
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by HAMMER
                    High and Mighty? He just said he was happy where he is, what's high and mighty about that.
                    His comments clearly come off like he's too good to interview, to which I reply, who cares? What has he really proven anyway?

Anyone waiting for "when the time is right" is foolish, IMO. Strike when the iron's hot. There's never really the perfect time for anything. You could nitpick and dissect any circumstance or situation to death looking for a reason out of it. There's only so many head coaching vacancies in the NFL at any one time. Pass up the opportunity once and the opportunity may have passed you by forever.

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

His comments clearly come off like he's too good to interview, to which I reply, who cares? What has he really proven anyway?

Anyone waiting for "when the time is right" is foolish, IMO. Strike when the iron's hot. There's never really the perfect time for anything. You could nitpick and dissect any circumstance or situation to death looking for a reason out of it. There's only so many head coaching vacancies in the NFL at any one time. Pass up the opportunity once and the opportunity may have passed you by forever.

I didn't get that out of his response at all

What I got from his response is, I would love to be a HC in this league but I'm not willing to join a team that is in complete disarray and and one that could destroy my career. I would rahter stay here and continue to build upon what I started and wait for an opportunity that I feel will allow me to be a successful HC

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                        • Mar 2004

Yeah righht if Adam wrote this it's a lie right?

Comment

• Iehoshua
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by ddaryl
                          I didn't get that out of his response at all

What I got from his response is, I would love to be a HC in this league but I'm not willing to join a team that is in complete disarray and and one that could destroy my career. I would rahter stay here and continue to build upon what I started and wait for an opportunity that I feel will allow me to be a successful HC
                          So in other words, he'll cherry pick his opportunity.

I fail to see the Bills as totally incapable of being turned around. Yeah there's been a decade of disarray, but if someone is really confident in their abilities, who wouldn't be up to the task of building a winner?

The answer is Brian, then. Good, I'd prefer a confident individual who would be willing to put himself on the line for the team. Then again the self serving attitude is all that pretty much remains anymore, and its been created by the culture of the league as well as society.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • May 2009

it looks like ole ralphie might have to coach the team next year. that would be pretty sweet. :sarcasm2:

Comment

• Oaf
                              Do you read what you write?
                              • Jun 2007

Just hire Frazier.

Comment

Working...
                              X