• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saratoga Slim
    • Jul 2005

Per Schefter on SportScenter......

11:15 on Wednesday:

Says that after further reflection, Brian Schottenheimer has told the Bills that he is going to decline to be interviewed for the Bills' HC job. He's really happy working with Rex Ryan, and doesn't want to leave.

Also said that Russ Grimm will interview, and that "it will be up to the Bills to convince him to take it."

Finally, reitarated that Cowher isn't coming.

Take it for what you will. I didn't really want Schottenheimer, but was hoping that we'd at least get an interview. As accurate as Schefter and all these other guys have been thus far, who knows, maybe we still will.
    Last edited by Saratoga Slim; 01-13-2010, 10:22 AM.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?
  • Demon
    • Mar 2003

Re: Per Schefter on SportScenter......

wow. this just can not be true. We may have hit a rock bottom if Marty's son is saying no to us.
    Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

I have a feeling that the Jets did that on purpose just to embarrass the Bills. Would be very Rex Ryan.

Overall though, this is very embarrassing that an NFL franchise cannot bring in coaching candidates.
      Last edited by Mahdi; 01-13-2010, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
        Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
        I have a feeling that the Jets did that on purpose just to embarrass the Bills. Would be very Rex Ryan.

Overall though, this is very embarrassing that an NFL franchise cannot bring in coaching candidates.
        I think the Bills are a complete afterthought to Rex Ryan at this point and in general.

God give me style and give me grace
        God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

This is getting pathetic. I did not want him but hell, this is embarassing.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Why would Rex Ryan give two shakes about the Buffalo Bills?

Seriously.

I'd love to be a head coach, but I say that with an asterisk," Schottenheimer said Sunday after the Jets beat the Bengals in the wild-card round of the playoffs. "That's my dream, but I want to be a head coach when the time is right, when the situation is right. I don't want to just take a job to take a job."

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

anyone care to wake up ralph and show him what his wishy washy nature on the state of the bills has bred for us fans?

Douchebag.

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
                I think the Bills are a complete afterthought to Rex Ryan at this point and in general.
                Well when you make someone look bad and minimize their image, they don't look as desirable.

Keeping quality HC candidates away from Buffalo is always good for a division rival.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

You gotta be ****ing kidding me! I don't care what it takes now, Ralph better pony up $10 million per year and TOTAL control to Bill Cowher to convince him to come. This is ridiculous!

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                    • Feb 2009

Good I didn't want Schotty. To inexperienced and would of been able to grab any good assistants.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      You gotta be ****ing kidding me! I don't care what it takes now, Ralph better pony up $10 million per year and TOTAL control to Bill Cowher to convince him to come. This is ridiculous!
                      Not amount of money and control will convince Cowher and his WIFE to take this job. With all the kids in college, this is now a two person hire.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                        Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                        • Jul 2002

Are we now in a position where we throw a significant offer at Grimm? Because right now, it's looking like Frazier wins by default and our fan base immediately lights themselves on fire.

God give me style and give me grace
                        God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Novacane
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WeAreMarshawn23
                          Good I didn't want Schotty. To inexperienced and would of been able to grab any good assistants.

I did not want him either but what does it say about the Bills when an inexperienced guy that would not have been able to get good assistants is not even interested in interviewing for our job?

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                            Why would Rex Ryan give two shakes about the Buffalo Bills?

Seriously.

I'd love to be a head coach, but I say that with an asterisk," Schottenheimer said Sunday after the Jets beat the Bengals in the wild-card round of the playoffs. "That's my dream, but I want to be a head coach when the time is right, when the situation is right. I don't want to just take a job to take a job."
                            Did we not take a win away from him this season and are we not going to play him twice next year???

Of course he cares... and he would probably prefer to see us end up with Frazier than someone with some real credentials like Garrett.

I'm not saying he spent a day and a half devising this scheme. But he and Brian might have thought it would be damaging to the Bills if they accept the invitation then decline it after some thought.

If a small fish like Schottenheimer rejects the opportunity to coach the Bills do you think a big fish like Garrett accepts what Schott wouldn't touch???

Comment

• Prov401
                              President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                              • Aug 2008

We are seriously the Oakland Raiders of the East. This is f****** pathetic. Shotty Jr. turning us down, is about as good as the Jets' waterboy turning us down.

Comment

Working...
                              X