PDA

View Full Version : "Big Jan 15 announcement" - is it materializing?

MikeInRoch
01-13-2010, 10:32 AM
I've read a few times that there was/is supposed to be some "big announcement" tomorrow. Is that really going to happen?

Jaybird
01-13-2010, 10:33 AM
NO... because tomorrow is the 14th

Pinkerton Security
01-13-2010, 10:34 AM
:busted:
NO... because tomorrow is the 14th

MikeInRoch
01-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Well, ok. So I can't read a calendar. Is there anything "real" that suggests that anything earth shattering will be coming on Friday?

trapezeus
01-13-2010, 10:35 AM
nope. thurman backed off of the comment. to be fair, i never heard him say the Jan 15th date. i only heard it here.

The bills have no idea what they are going to do. They have no one willing to take the job, they may like frazier, but they know a low key never been HC at the NFL is a hard sell. They know going with the 4-3 in the AFC east is tough, but knows they don't have the players for 3-4. This team is f'd to the uck, my friend.

the bills aren't working on a crazy cowher release party or a ownership change. they simply don't care as long as ralph is alive. he doesn't process what his poor management has lead to. and his yes men aren't going to say anything, and he won't leave detroit.

Mahdi
01-13-2010, 10:41 AM
With the way the coaching search is going the announcement is as follows:

Bills HC: Thurman Thomas

Bills OC: Frank Reich

Bills DC: Phil Hansen

Special Teams: Steve Tasker

Offensive Quality Control: Don Beebe

Defensive Quality Control: Darryl Talley

WRs Coach: Andre Reed

RBs Coach: Kenneth Davis

TEs Coach: Keith McKellar/Pete Metzellars

DBs: Henry Jones

DL coach: Ted Washington

Offensive Assistant/Assistant HC: Howard Ballard

Defensive Assistant: Shane Conlan

Pinkerton Security
01-13-2010, 10:50 AM
nope. thurman backed off of the comment. to be fair, i never heard him say the Jan 15th date. i only heard it here.

The bills have no idea what they are going to do. They have no one willing to take the job, they may like frazier, but they know a low key never been HC at the NFL is a hard sell. They know going with the 4-3 in the AFC east is tough, but knows they don't have the players for 3-4. This team is f'd to the uck, my friend.

the bills aren't working on a crazy cowher release party or a ownership change. they simply don't care as long as ralph is alive. he doesn't process what his poor management has lead to. and his yes men aren't going to say anything, and he won't leave detroit.

LOL thurman doesnt seem to know s***...maybe he should stop drunk-tweeting or twittering or whatever the F its called.

BigZ
01-13-2010, 10:55 AM
With the way the coaching search is going the announcement is as follows:

Bills HC: Thurman Thomas

Bills OC: Frank Reich

Bills DC: Phil Hansen

Special Teams: Steve Tasker

Offensive Quality Control: Don Beebe

Defensive Quality Control: Darryl Talley

WRs Coach: Andre Reed

RBs Coach: Kenneth Davis

TEs Coach: Keith McKellar/Pete Metzellars

DBs: Henry Jones

DL coach: Ted Washington

Offensive Assistant/Assistant HC: Howard Ballard

Defensive Assistant: Shane Conlan

And they've all agreed to work for minimum wage with a % of the gate.

Mahdi
01-13-2010, 10:57 AM
And they've all agreed to work for minimum wage with a % of the gate.
And they each get a goat.

gordong
01-13-2010, 11:16 AM
This is my guess for the Big splash..

In an unprecedented move the Buffalo Bills are going to play the 2010 NFL season without a head coach.

what a joke is team is turning into.... Just when you think things can't get any lower for a Buffalo sports team along comes Ralph and his bunch of misfits. I can't wait to hear the spin coming from one Bills drive when they try to sell this truck load of garbage.

Michael82
01-13-2010, 11:19 AM
This is my guess for the Big splash..

In an unprecedented move the Buffalo Bills are going to play the 2010 NFL season without a head coach.

what a joke is team is turning into.... Just when you think things can't get any lower for a Buffalo sports team along comes Ralph and his bunch of misfits. I can't wait to hear the spin coming from one Bills drive when they try to sell this truck load of garbage.
without a coaching staff. Don't forget that we fired the whole staff. :up:

gordong
01-13-2010, 11:26 AM
maybe we could call Joe the plumber???

trapezeus
01-13-2010, 11:28 AM
i heard that Thurman turned down the interview request.....as per schefter.

Beebe's Kid
01-13-2010, 11:40 AM
I would like somebody with a big, big chip on their shoulder, a guy that wants to give a big f$%k you to the national press... How about Mike Leach. I never thought I would say that, but his door isn't being beaten down, he is going to have a chip on the shoulder, and he has a fetish for scoring points. Get a good DC, and let it rip.

Cleve
01-13-2010, 11:41 AM
maybe we could call Joe the plumber???
I think the Bills should be pioneers, and start Internet Coaching via chat room. All the members of Billszone will log onto the chat room on Sundays, and make the play calls as a group.

As a bonus - Think of the MONEY that would save Ralph Wilson Jr. in salary.

trapezeus
01-13-2010, 11:42 AM
cleve, but the bills would have to pay for another site...and you know they don't like acquiring anything worth value through free agency, so they won't use the billszone/fanzone section.

Instead, they'll ask a bike messange to pick up each notice, bring it to One bills drive for chris brown to type out in his blog. Who cares about doing something right.

gordong
01-13-2010, 11:45 AM
I think the Bills should be pioneers, and start Internet Coaching via chat room. All the members of Billszone will log onto the chat room on Sundays, and make the play calls as a group.

As a bonus - Think of the MONEY that would save Ralph Wilson Jr. in salary.

Now we're thinking outside of the box....this just might work.

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 11:45 AM
Thurman Thomas told me he never said there was any major announcement planned for January 15 or any specific date.

Demon
01-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Thurman Thomas told me he never said there was any major announcement planned for January 15 or any specific date.

Who cares what Thomas told you via twitter? Be a real reporter, and go listen to every Thomas on WGR show from December. I think it was the first Monday in December. Maybe 2nd tho. Listen, write down the quotes, make a story, post a link, and end the entire topic all together. Asking Thomas on twitter about Jan.15 is nonsense. He doesn't know wtf you are and don't act like he does.

Mahdi
01-13-2010, 11:54 AM
So you mean no Cowher on the 15th? Yer Sure?

elltrain22
01-13-2010, 12:21 PM
the January 15th so called annoucement, has also officially declined to be a part of the Buffalo Bills; along w/ Cowher, Schott jr + sr, Shanny, etc, etc....

:sarcasm: