PDA

View Full Version : BSD Exclusive: Adam Schefter Interview

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 10:45 AM
A few nights ago I reported that Bill Cowher will not be coaching in Buffalo based on a public tweet by ESPN-NFL insider Adam Schefter and a simple direct message from him that followed.

For that, I was ripped on message boards and comments everywhere and upon reflection, deservedly so. Schefter is not a source but a reporter, and erroneously I originally masked his private comment to me as a source. Lesson learned.

People were/are understandably pessimistic about Schefter’s statement, mainly because he didn’t base it on a source.

Since then I’ve sought clarification. After today I’ve found it.

I was able to interview Schefter Wednesday morning and hope this follow up sheds light on his original statement, and hopefully makes up for an admittedly poor report on my end Sunday night.

According to Schefter, Cowher is clearly not coming to Buffalo.

FULL STORY (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2010/01/bsd-exclusive-adam-schefter-interview/)

Mr. Pink
01-13-2010, 10:48 AM
There was nothing poor about it.

You just told people what they should have known from the word go but didn't want to hear.

People ripped you apart because you were the messenger of bad news.

Nothing more, nothing less.

DraftBoy
01-13-2010, 10:48 AM
And that officially closes that door, imo.

Kudos for geeting the interview though Pat!

BlackMetalNinja
01-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Nice Pat... but your editor needs fired.

Ed
01-13-2010, 10:50 AM
If Cowher didn't want to come here then that's that. There's nothing the Bills could have done and it wasn't meant to be. Time to move on and hope for the best.

DraftBoy
01-13-2010, 10:51 AM
I also want to point out that the Bills apparently did everything they could to land Cowher. So no fault at all here should lie on RW for lack of trying or money issues.

SABuffalo786
This is nothing more than a regurgitation of his tweet.

Until he actually wants to do his job and GET Cowher/Cowher's agent/The Buffalo Bills to give him a definite "no" he can kindly shut the **** up.

More baseless speculation being sold as fact. More amateur bull**** from ESPN. Shocking. :rolleyes:

ddaryl
I laugh at those that rip on pat... and even have fun toying withthe BBMB crowd that has it in for you

Cowher needs to publicly say no.. because saying nothing is even lamer then the Bills situation IMO

looks like the Bills might as well just give up... this team is in such disarray, and obviously this is Ralph's fault, and Ralph is holding this team completely hostage because he needs his toy

Ralph needs to sell this team ASAP and walk away as fast as possible, then and only then do we have a smidgen of a chance to right this thing IMO

SABuffalo786
01-13-2010, 10:52 AM
And that officially closes that door, imo.

Jesus ****ing Christ: NO IT DOESN'T. ADAM SCHEFTER DOESN'T KNOW ANYMORE THAN YOU OR I. HE HAS ZERO CONNECTIONS TO EITHER COWHER OR THE BILLS CAMP - OPINIONS ARE NOT FACTS.

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 10:52 AM

You just told people what they should have known from the word go but didn't want to hear.

Agreed, but upon reflection I used terrible terminology and deservedly caught a lot of flack for it.

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 10:53 AM
THIS IS ALL ACCORDING TO ADAM SCHEFTER AND THIS TIME I THINK I'M VERY CLEAR ABOUT THAT.

FORM YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS

Novacane
01-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Good job Pat. He's confirming things Sal and others have said. He's says money was not an issue. He says the Bills made multiple efforts.

The Bills gave it thier all out effort people. He's not comming. Schefter is not just hating on Buffalo. Stop attacking the guy. It's not his fault Cowher is not comming here.

Mahdi
PPL. Let it go. COWHER IS NOT COMING! The job has been open for 2 weeks. There are no other jobs available. Schotty JR just turned us down! What more do you need???

The guy won't comment on Buffalo because he doesn't want to come off as snobbish.

Even Shannahan never officially declined he just took the next job offer he got.

Mathja
Really nice job here.

DraftBoy
01-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Jesus ****ing Christ: NO IT DOESN'T. ADAM SCHEFTER DOESN'T KNOW ANYMORE THAN YOU OR I. HE HAS ZERO CONNECTIONS TO EITHER COWHER OR THE BILLS CAMP - OPINIONS ARE NOT FACTS.

I completely disagree and unless you know what sources Schefter does or does not have you are speculation. For me it officially closes the door on Cowher. Keep thinking that Cowher is coming if you want. Its not going to help anything though.

Novacane
01-13-2010, 10:57 AM

Go ahead and keep living in fantasy land.

trapezeus
01-13-2010, 10:58 AM
it raises the question, "what the hell is it about buffalo that people won't touch?"

1. it's the city
2. it's the uncertain state of the franchise
3. it's the incapable management that lets good players walk, and can't find good players in the draft.

I assume 3 can't be it, because the bills changed it up a lot and have offered a lot of input from the coaches. Number 2 makes sense to me because well it's the thing that has sucked the life out of this team since the 80's. and i don't think its 1 because buffalo is still a city. it is better than greenbay or kansas city. it's close to NYC, the division plays boston, miami and NYC for godsake.

I really really despise what ralph wilson has done to this NFL team. To get to a point where no one will come regardless of finances tells you something.

and russ brandon better start realizing that the clock is ticking on him. We've given him plenty of excuses, but previously as the clueless boy GM and now as the more out of touch president, the blame is going to start falling squarely on his shoulders. He better realize that fans will start demanding that he be put on the hot seat.

like i said before, a marketing guru isn't someone who sell football in buffalo.

Novacane
01-13-2010, 11:01 AM
I also want to point out that the Bills apparently did everything they could to land Cowher. So no fault at all here should lie on RW for lack of trying or money issues.

Agreed. Sounds like Ralph stepped up this time.

jdbillsfan
01-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Good work Pat. Thanks.

Any follow up on other potential candidates?

Michael82
01-13-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm sorry, but Schefter can still kiss my ass! His sources suck! I know Sal said that Cowher turned the Bills down once, but he's still thinking about it and neither the Bills or Cowher have said no again. The Bills are now pushing even harder with all their former players and the team. I really wouldn't be surprised if Cowher is just waiting to see what happens with Carolina. Once it's official that Fox is staying...Cowher might decide to come.

SABuffalo786
01-13-2010, 11:08 AM
I completely disagree and unless you know what sources Schefter does or does not have you are speculation. For me it officially closes the door on Cowher. Keep thinking that Cowher is coming if you want. Its not going to help anything though.

I'm not thinking either way. I'm going off facts and the facts are this: No one knows anything. Schefter has been wrong MANY times and it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if he's wrong here.

His reputation means ****. All he has to do if Cowher comes here is say "There were unexpected developments" and "Cowher had a change of heart". It's foolproof and it lets him come out smelling like roses. It's dishonest to the point of fruadulent.

The only things we know are this: The Bills & Cowher have talked and the closest sources to Cowher (Dungy & Schottenheimer) have gone on the record saying it would be a good fit and it's still a possibility.

Thinking that it's DEFINITELY going to happen or that it DEFINITELY closes the door at this point is stupid.

Until Schefter wants to act like a REAL reporter and report REAL FACTS he can **** off.

SABuffalo786
01-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Go ahead and keep living in fantasy land.

And you can go ahead and keep accepting ESPN's baseless propaganda as fact.

Bull**** Buffalo Inferiority Complex + Amateur "Reporting" From ESPN = The Quoted Post.

Novacane
01-13-2010, 11:11 AM
Pat, can you ask Schefter what his opinion is on why Buffalo is having such a hard time getting guys to even interview? He made the comment that "it will be up to Buffalo to convince Grimm" to take our job. I'd like to know what he hears of why the Bills have to do the convincing. Usually it is the prospective coach having to convince the team to hire him.

Beebe's Kid
01-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Nuh-uh, nuh-uh, it isn't dead, it isn't dean, nuh uh! Bill has to say it me in person, I have to hear it out of his mouth.

Get real. Cowher owes us nothing, and that what we should expect. So "refusing to believe until I hear it from him" is just the highest form of denial.

Schefter DOES know a lot more that you or I , and he knows this isn't happening. He is telling you he is not speculating.

I hope we change the billboard. F#@k Cowher, let's support Hunter's Hope and have done with this mess.

trapezeus
01-13-2010, 11:13 AM
i don't know why people are giving ralph a pass. 50 years after continuously low balling coaches and being a meddling jackass, we are suppose to be excited that he's offered two guys big money to come?

he's made this whole mess possible. it's on him. This guy literally needs to walk to his accountant and lawyers offices, tell them he wants the team sold to a buffalo entity at a discount, take the proceeds and put it in US treasuries and live off the interest.

If he lives his own life as cheaply as he does his football life, that's a lot of raman noodles he can buy.

Frankly, only Bud adams and his two middle fingers can save us.

Novacane
01-13-2010, 11:13 AM
You guys go ahead and hang onto a false hope. Whatever makes you happy.

Mr. Pink
01-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Shanahan still hasn't publicly said no yet either.

Maybe he can still coach!

SABuffalo786
01-13-2010, 11:17 AM
You guys go ahead and hang onto a false hope. Whatever makes you happy.

I'll hang onto actual facts, thanks. But please, wallow in your self-pity.

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 11:18 AM
I know there are newbies in here who question ANYTHING I do.

So to put at least this one article to rest, Adam Schefter just retweeted it HIMSELF on his twitter.

DraftBoy
01-13-2010, 11:20 AM
I know there are newbies in here who question ANYTHING I do.

So to put at least this one article to rest, Adam Schefter just retweeted it HIMSELF on his twitter.

Pat,

Your opinion,yes or no...is Cowher coming here?

Before you answer know that if you say yes some fans will say you have great sources and are 100% right, but if you say no, your sources all suck and you're lying sack of ****.

Now go ahead.

SABuffalo786
01-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Nuh-uh, nuh-uh, it isn't dead, it isn't dean, nuh uh! Bill has to say it me in person, I have to hear it out of his mouth.

Get real. Cowher owes us nothing, and that what we should expect. So "refusing to believe until I hear it from him" is just the highest form of denial.

Schefter DOES know a lot more that you or I , and he knows this isn't happening. He is telling you he is not speculating.

I hope we change the billboard. F#@k Cowher, let's support Hunter's Hope and have done with this mess.

Yeah, Adam Schefter's never wrong. He was 100% on top of the TO story.

Michael82
01-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Yeah, Adam Schefter's never wrong. He was 100% on top of the TO story.
Don't forget that Jim Mora Jr was going to stay in Seattle for another year. :up:

SABuffalo786
01-13-2010, 11:25 AM
If Cowher ends up here this thread is going to comedy Gold.

At this point a small part of me wants him here more to COMPLETELY discredit Schefter & ESPN more than to fix the Bills.

Michael82
01-13-2010, 11:29 AM
If Cowher ends up here this thread is going to comedy Gold.

At this point a small part of me wants him here more to COMPLETELY discredit Schefter & ESPN more than to fix the Bills.
Don't forget what Sal said...Schefter can continue to say that we have ZERO chance to get Bill Cowher here, because he can spin it anyway and he has NOTHING to lose if it actually happens.

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Pat,

Your opinion,yes or no...is Cowher coming here?

Before you answer know that if you say yes some fans will say you have great sources and are 100% right, but if you say no, your sources all suck and you're lying sack of ****.

Now go ahead.

No.

I dont want to believe it, but after putting himself out there this much, to the point that he literaly just retweeted the interview for anybody in the country to see-- that tells me he absolutely knows something that none of us do.

And he didnt hesitate with one of his answers either.

But having said that, its his opinion based on what he knows, so I guess we'll all wait and see.

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Don't forget what Sal said...Schefter can continue to say that we have ZERO chance to get Bill Cowher here, because he can spin it anyway and he has NOTHING to lose if it actually happens.

He does now.

He just published his own interview on Twitter. It coulda stayed local here in Buffalo but he just personally put it out there for the nation to see.

Philagape
01-13-2010, 11:31 AM
The whole Cowher saga has certainly separated the homers from the realists, like few things ever have.

trapezeus
01-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Pat, how frustrating is it that you can essentially break the story with 99% accuracy that cowher won't be here, and get demonized.

yet if you came out and said, "i heard that cowher's wife is a bills fan at heart and wants him to come, but its a long shot." everyone will hail you as a genius?

i think you should just put up your articles and stop answering the ****storm being thrown at you.

SABuffalo786
01-13-2010, 11:33 AM
He'll always have the "unexpected developments" out. Don't be fooled: this clown is putting nothing on the line.

RockStar36
01-13-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm sorry, but Schefter can still kiss my ass! His sources suck! I know Sal said that Cowher turned the Bills down once, but he's still thinking about it and neither the Bills or Cowher have said no again. The Bills are now pushing even harder with all their former players and the team. I really wouldn't be surprised if Cowher is just waiting to see what happens with Carolina. Once it's official that Fox is staying...Cowher might decide to come.

Why? Because he isn't telling you what you want to hear?

The guy worked for the NFL and now ESPN, so I highly doubt his sources suck and he doesn't know just a little about what he's talking about.

SABuffalo786
01-13-2010, 11:34 AM
The whole Cowher saga has certainly separated the homers from the realists, like few things ever have.

Shouldn't realists, you know, go off facts?

If anything this seperates the Homers from the Emo "Nothing ever will happen good to us" Kids.

DraftBoy
01-13-2010, 11:34 AM

The guy worked for the NFL and now ESPN, so I highly doubt his sources suck and he doesn't know just a little about what he's talking about.

No! He's an idiot, a liar, makes everything up, and hates Buffalo and all its fans!!

SABuffalo786
01-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Pat, how frustrating is it that you can essentially break the story with 99% accuracy that cowher won't be here, and get demonized.

yet if you came out and said, "i heard that cowher's wife is a bills fan at heart and wants him to come, but its a long shot." everyone will hail you as a genius?

i think you should just put up your articles and stop answering the ****storm being thrown at you.

Who's demonizing him? Any **** thrown in this thread has been towards Schefter.

I appreciate Pat for going out there and doing what he does. He's not claiming to know anything for sure either way. Schefter is.

trapezeus
01-13-2010, 11:36 AM
our anger should be squarely focused on ralph and russ. they've let this happen. the news reporters are giving an opinion that is statistically very accurate.

waiting for cowher to say no is ridiculous. RIDICULOUS! It'd be nice of him to just end the speculation, but he won't do it for whatever reason. i put all my zone bux on the line, cowher will not be the bills headcoach.

Prov401
01-13-2010, 11:36 AM

Firstly, calm down.

Secondly, there's this show on MTV called the Real World. Don't watch it, no no, definitley not.....but live in it please. Cowher isn't coming here.

Mr. Pink
01-13-2010, 11:37 AM
No! He's an idiot, a liar, makes everything up, and hates Buffalo and all its fans!!

Yes, Cowher does want to come here, but Schefter just has a huge anti-Buffalo agenda. And that agenda is going to sway Cowher's decision into not taking the job!

DUH!

SABuffalo786

TO to Buffalo - WRONG
Pete Carroll @ USC - WRONG

The proof is in the pudding.

ddaryl

unfortunately realists should never have to exist in a pro franchise

we should all be able to fully believe anything is possible at any time, and to be reduced to having to accept a HC who is willing to come here instead of a plethera of available options we want here is very very very embarassing.

It will be very hard to want to watch this team if we end up with leftovers

patmoran2006

Actually, I think I learned a valuable lesson from Sunday night, took some advice and carefully crafted my words with this, so haven't really caught heat, and don't see why I would.

I interviewed the guy, they are his assertions, not mine--and he validated the interview was 100% legit by posting it on his own twitter.

And I must add, he was very respectful, knowing how bad Bills fans want Cowher.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that Jay Glazer is still my most trusted NFL Insider though, lol.

BUt seriously man.. He's locked into this, and its up to each person to take it for what its worth.

SABuffalo786
01-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Firstly, calm down.

Secondly, there's this show on MTV called the Real World. Don't watch it, no no, definitley not.....but live in it please. Cowher isn't coming here.

LOL - I love how 80% of the people here have no reading comprehension whatsoever.

I'm not thinking either way. I'm going off facts and the facts are this: No one knows anything. Schefter has been wrong MANY times and it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if he's wrong here.

His reputation means ****. All he has to do if Cowher comes here is say "There were unexpected developments" and "Cowher had a change of heart". It's foolproof and it lets him come out smelling like roses. It's dishonest to the point of fruadulent.

The only things we know are this: The Bills & Cowher have talked and the closest sources to Cowher (Dungy & Schottenheimer) have gone on the record saying it would be a good fit and it's still a possibility.

Thinking that it's DEFINITELY going to happen or that it DEFINITELY closes the door at this point is stupid.

Until Schefter wants to act like a REAL reporter and report REAL FACTS he can **** off.

Mr. Pink
01-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Actually, I think I learned a valuable lesson from Sunday night, took some advice and carefully crafted my words with this, so haven't really caught heat, and don't see why I would.

I interviewed the guy, they are his assertions, not mine--and he validated the interview was 100% legit by posting it on his own twitter.

And I must add, he was very respectful, knowing how bad Bills fans want Cowher.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that Jay Glazer is still my most trusted NFL Insider though, lol.

BUt seriously man.. He's locked into this, and its up to each person to take it for what its worth.

So that means you should try to interview Glazer or get him to comment!

Get to work!

Philagape
01-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Shouldn't realists, you know, go off facts?

If anything this seperates the Homers from the Emo "Nothing ever will happen good to us" Kids.

The facts are there is no credible reason to believe Cowher will come here. Zero evidence. Zero indication. What we know is there was a meeting, and there is no sign whatsoever that anything came of it.

trapezeus
01-13-2010, 11:40 AM
i appreaciated the article. i think in combination with sal's comments (the premier guy who seems to really know what's going on), this thing is dead in the water.

money clearly isnt' the issue. The flustercuck of management and nepotism has created a toxic football environment where every single decision made is undoubtedly the wrong one. Why would someone take their name and connect it to this trash heap.

Sell the team, move the team, just get ralph, russ and all the remaining hacks out of football. Let them kill the name of some other city.

Raise the prices to the sabres tix and let us chase after a championship there. They're closer and they've been more willing. and that says a lot as they've seemingly wanted to crap the bed.

RockStar36
01-13-2010, 11:41 AM
TO to Buffalo - WRONG

Without even looking anything up, I'll just take your word for it, those are two things wrong. How many has he gotten right?

This is the typical Buffalo mindset. Some media guy says something we don't want to hear (this time it's Bill Cowher) and instead of just realizing it, we attack him and accuse him of having a personal vendetta against the city.

No wonder people don't want to come here.

DraftBoy

we should all be able to fully believe anything is possible at any time, and to be reduced to having to accept a HC who is willing to come here instead of a plethera of available options we want here is very very very embarassing.

Not for me. This is what I wanted to happen.

Ive been consistent the whole way, I wanted to hire a hot coordinator name, not an experience HC. And I wanted a true talent eval guy at GM, Im very happy.

Michael82
TO to Buffalo - WRONG

Didn't he also say that Mora is going to stay in Seattle?

SABuffalo786
The facts are there is no credible reason to believe Cowher will come here. Zero evidence. Zero indication. What we know is there was a meeting, and there is no sign whatsoever that anything came of it.

And there's also zero evidence to believe that he's said no. So why are you all so convinced when NOTHING has been said?

Philagape
01-13-2010, 11:42 AM

Suit yourself. Believing anything is possible at any time is one definition of a homer.

SABuffalo786
01-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Without even looking anything up, I'll just take your word for it, those are two things wrong. How many has he gotten right?

This is the typical Buffalo mindset. Some media guy says something we don't want to hear (this time it's Bill Cowher) and instead of just realizing it, we attack him and accuse him of having a personal vendetta against the city.

No wonder people don't want to come here.

Can you guys PLEASE read the thread before saying I'm just doing this because I don't like what he's saying?

Again, the reading comprehension here is just brutal.

Prov401
01-13-2010, 11:43 AM
LOL - I love how 80% of the people here have no reading comprehension whatsoever.

It's a good thing that I'm not one of those 80%, because this is the comment I was referring to.

"Jesus ****ing Christ: NO IT DOESN'T. ADAM SCHEFTER DOESN'T KNOW ANYMORE THAN YOU OR I. HE HAS ZERO CONNECTIONS TO EITHER COWHER OR THE BILLS CAMP - OPINIONS ARE NOT FACTS." - SABuffalo786

You know...the comment that is all in 3rd grade CAPS.

Demon
01-13-2010, 11:44 AM

Umm, yes he did.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/905494.html

DraftBoy
And there's also zero evidence to believe that he's said no. So why are you all so convinced when NOTHING has been said?

There is actually.

We have a national insider reporting he is not coming.

One of our insiders have said that he has said no once already.

He has made no comment that he is even interested in the Buffalo job himself and has thus far avoided it at all costs.

That's cricumstantial evidence but its better than just the blind crap your pulling at.

At this point nobody is reporting Cowher is even still interested in Buffalo so your turn. What's your proof to believe still?

patmoran2006
I still think you boys should all just let things play out...

All I did was publish an interview with the man who said he's not coming here and get his reasons why.

technically, nothing is official.. yet

SABuffalo786
It's a good thing that I'm not one of those 80%, because this is the comment I was referring to.

"Jesus ****ing Christ: NO IT DOESN'T. ADAM SCHEFTER DOESN'T KNOW ANYMORE THAN YOU OR I. HE HAS ZERO CONNECTIONS TO EITHER COWHER OR THE BILLS CAMP - OPINIONS ARE NOT FACTS." - SABuffalo786

You know...the comment that is all in 3rd grade CAPS.

:rofl:

Strike 2, bud.

Mr. Pink
01-13-2010, 11:45 AM
Umm, yes he did.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/905494.html

That's not saying it publicly.

He told the team he was out.

Cowher could have already told the team he was out too.

DraftBoy
01-13-2010, 11:45 AM
I still think you boys should all just let things play out...

All I did was publish an interview with the man who said he's not coming here and get his reasons why.

technically, nothing is official.. yet

Nothing is ever official till pen is on paper, we all know that.

Philagape
01-13-2010, 11:46 AM

Since the status quo is Cowher not coaching the Bills, something has to change for that to happen. Therefore any relevant evidence must support that. Saying "there's no evidence he said no" is meaningless. One could say that of six billion people.
What I'm convinced of is that Cowher is not currently coach of the Bills, and there has been no credible, substantial evidence that that's going to change.

SABURZFAN
keep up the goodwork, Pat. screw the haters.

sven233
OK.........first let me say I think that there is basically no chance of Cowher coming here.

HOWEVER, that feeling has nothing to do with what Schefter is saying at all. Not once in that interview did he site LEAGUE SOURCES or SOURCES CLOSE TO COWHER or SOURCES CLOSE TO THE BILLS. All he stated was that he had information from "reliable people" that he was not coming here. Well, let me tell you that these "reliable people" probably know NOTHING MORE than you an I. They are just using common sense. They are going based on the history of the Bills franchise and the history of Ralph Wilson.

It is common knowledge that in the past (and maybe even now), that the Bills organization has been run completely wrong and backwards. So, they are just putting things together knowing that Cowher, who has a history of doing things the right way and working with a front office that runs things correctly, will not want to work for an organization that is backwards. Personally, I do agree with this and that is why I believe he is not coming, BUT I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THE DOOR IS COMPLETELY SHUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unlike Schefter and his "reliable people", I do believe that the door is still open because of what can be put into any contract. If the Bills front office make the necessary concessions and lets Cowher run things the way he wants to run things........even having the final say on everything relating to football decisions, there is no reason for him not to at least discuss the possibility of coming. If money is not the issue, and the Bills gave him COMPLETE SAY AND CONTROL, there would be nothing stopping him from running the team the way he sees fit. Will that happen? Probably not. As much as I think the Bills want a winner and want to change, I do not believe they are willing to hand over the final say on anything and that is where the problem lies. Cowher, no matter how much the Bills tell him they will work with him to get him what he needs, will not trust the Bills organization to follow through on it unless he officially has control. If Brandon or Wilson are not willing to give final say to Cowher, there is no chance he will want to come here. And I think this is the biggest sticking point.

Does this close the door completely like Schefter says? NO!!! OF COURSE NOT!!! The Bills could have some sort of epiphany and say that they really need to do this and cave to Cowher's demands and talks could be started again. I do believe that. Do I think it is likely? No........unfortunately not. We are probably going to be stuck with the next random "up and coming" coordinator.

We will just have to hope for the best. But NOTHING.....and I MEAN NOTHING from this Schefter interview proves one way or the other that this is a completely closed case one way or the other. He is simply playing the odds like everyone else.

Here's hoping Cowher gets what he wants from the Bills.

PS. As some other posters mentioned, Schefter has nothing to lose here. If he doesn't come, like 99% of people already believe, then he is right. If Cowher gets what he wants and does come, ESPN can do a bunch of things. Schefter can either say that there were some new and unexpected developments and they can quickly sweep it under the rug or they could simply have one of the other gazillion "INSIDERS" report the news and claim that they broke the news and not even bring Schefter into it. THis way they can cover their tracks and still lay claim to breaking the story and all of a sudden Schefter's comments will be completely forgotten by 99% of the country......the only ones who will remember and care are Buffalo fans. So, it is a WIN-WIN no matter what happens in the end for ESPN. They will claim the story and Schefter's comments will be swept away and completely forgotten by most of the country.

RockStar36
Jeez, I guess I was wrong.

I'm going to contact ESPN now and let them know that Schefter is an awful person with zero connections. He obviously has no clue what he is saying unless he gets everything 100% correct.

mikemac2001
01-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Jim mora jr is still coaching the seahawks

Demon
01-13-2010, 11:47 AM
There is actually.

He has made no comment that he is even interested in the Buffalo job himself and has thus far avoided it at all costs.

That's cricumstantial evidence but its better than just the blind crap your pulling at.

At this point nobody is reporting Cowher is even still interested in Buffalo so your turn. What's your proof to believe still?

I don't believe the Cowher stuff anymore either, but to play devils advocate, Schefter has been wrong often while at ESPN, and ESPN's very own John Clayton told a news channel in Buffalo and on ESPNews that Jim Haslett would be very high on our coach search.... epic fail. These people are wrong too, but it's ESPN so they take no responsibility and just move on.

And our "insider"? Well, Sal said they are still trying as of few days ago. Pat Moran? I don't know how much of an insider he is besides keep on tweeting questions to Schefter, Glazer and Tucker about Cowher and then coming here as "sources".

mikemac2001
01-13-2010, 11:48 AM

SABuffalo786
01-13-2010, 11:48 AM

The ONLY sources remotely close to Cowher have confirmed his interest in coaching next year and that Buffalo was still a possibility.

Dungy/Schottenheimer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Schefter

In regards to Sal's report of an initial "no" you can view that however you want. Logic would dictate once a negative response is received, SOMEONE in either camp would acknowledge it.

What have we got since then? Complete and UTTER silence. I'm not saying that's a positive for the Bills I'm just saying that it isn't confirmation either way.

That's my whole point - no one knows a ******* thing so why is everyone so convinced. Because an ESPN hack who is consistently wrong said so?

It's just absurd.

DraftBoy
01-13-2010, 11:49 AM
I don't believe the Cowher stuff anymore either, but to play devils advocate, Schefter has been wrong often while at ESPN, and ESPN's very own John Clayton told a news channel in Buffalo and on ESPNews that Jim Haslett would be very high on our coach search.... epic fail. These people are wrong too, but it's ESPN so they take no responsibility and just move on.

And our "insider"? Well, Sal said they are still trying as of few days ago. Pat Moran? I don't know how much of an insider he is besides keep on tweeting questions to Schefter, Glazer and Tucker about Cowher and then coming here as "sources".

Look we know people disagree, but there is no, and I mean ZERO evidence even suggest Cowher is currently interested. He listened and the Bills gave their best shot. Now we are moving on. That's what's happening right now.

Demon
That's not saying it publicly.

He told the team he was out.

Cowher could have already told the team he was out too.

He did it the professional way. Same way Cowher would, and i'm sure the Bills to relay the info, just like they did with Shanahan. Your point sucks, is all i'm saying. I agree with you in the topic that Cowher ain't coming though.

Coach Sal
I respect Schefter's opinion and believe he has many "relaible" sources he believes in.

Certainly he is more connected than me. A million times more.

I just have to do my own job and that includes going by what my sources tell me - or don't tell me (being quiet) and go from there.

So, I'm reserving the right to believe there is still some sort of diologue between the two sides, until I hear either he or the Bills say otherwise.

Once again, that still hasn't happened. Even in this interview. Scheft does not cite ANYONE "close to" either side for his assertions.

Once that happens, I'll be more than willing to turn the page.

I'll also point out, and be happy about obviously, that Scheft also confirmed exact;y what I said last night - which is that the Bills have made "multiple attempts" to land Cowher and that this is not for a lack of trying on their part.

DraftBoy
01-13-2010, 11:50 AM
The ONLY sources remotely close to Cowher have confirmed his interest in coaching next year and that Buffalo was still a possibility.

In regards to Sal's report of an initial "no" you can view that however you want. Logic would dictate once a negative response is received, SOMEONE in either camp would acknowledge it.

What have we got since then? Complete and UTTER silence. I'm not saying that's a positive for the Bills I'm just saying that it isn't confirmation either way.

That's my whole point - no one knows a ******* thing so why is everyone so convinced. Because an ESPN hack who is consistently wrong said so?

It's just absurd.

Oh dear lord. Alright we clearly agree, Ill take evidence and you can take the stance discrediting anybody whose opinion you don't like.

mikemac2001

**** THiS THREAD!!!!

until i hear it from ralph or cowher or we hire someone else its still a ****ing option

if he wants to coach he will coach if not has to wait

SABuffalo786
Jeez, I guess I was wrong.

I'm going to contact ESPN now and let them know that Schefter is an awful person with zero connections. He obviously has no clue what he is saying unless he gets everything 100% correct.

When's the last time he broke a story since he came to ESPN? Wouldn't an "Insider" have at least ONE big scoop?

I'm waiting.

Philagape
OK.........first let me say I think that there is basically no chance of Cowher coming here.

HOWEVER, that feeling has nothing to do with what Schefter is saying at all. Not once in that interview did he site LEAGUE SOURCES or SOURCES CLOSE TO COWHER or SOURCES CLOSE TO THE BILLS. All he stated was that he had information from "reliable people" that he was not coming here. Well, let me tell you that these "reliable people" probably know NOTHING MORE than you an I. They are just using common sense. They are going based on the history of the Bills franchise and the history of Ralph Wilson.

It is common knowledge that in the past (and maybe even now), that the Bills organization has been run completely wrong and backwards. So, they are just putting things together knowing that Cowher, who has a history of doing things the right way and working with a front office that runs things correctly, will not want to work for an organization that is backwards. Personally, I do agree with this and that is why I believe he is not coming, BUT I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THE DOOR IS COMPLETELY SHUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unlike Schefter and his "reliable people", I do believe that the door is still open because of what can be put into any contract. If the Bills front office make the necessary concessions and lets Cowher run things the way he wants to run things........even having the final say on everything relating to football decisions, there is no reason for him not to at least discuss the possibility of coming. If money is not the issue, and the Bills gave him COMPLETE SAY AND CONTROL, there would be nothing stopping him from running the team the way he sees fit. Will that happen? Probably not. As much as I think the Bills want a winner and want to change, I do not believe they are willing to hand over the final say on anything and that is where the problem lies. Cowher, no matter how much the Bills tell him they will work with him to get him what he needs, will not trust the Bills organization to follow through on it unless he officially has control. If Brandon or Wilson are not willing to give final say to Cowher, there is no chance he will want to come here. And I think this is the biggest sticking point.

Does this close the door completely like Schefter says? NO!!! OF COURSE NOT!!! The Bills could have some sort of epiphany and say that they really need to do this and cave to Cowher's demands and talks could be started again. I do believe that. Do I think it is likely? No........unfortunately not. We are probably going to be stuck with the next random "up and coming" coordinator.

We will just have to hope for the best. But NOTHING.....and I MEAN NOTHING from this Schefter interview proves one way or the other that this is a completely closed case one way or the other. He is simply playing the odds like everyone else.

Here's hoping Cowher gets what he wants from the Bills.

PS. As some other posters mentioned, Schefter has nothing to lose here. If he doesn't come, like 99% of people already believe, then he is right. If Cowher gets what he wants and does come, ESPN can do a bunch of things. Schefter can either say that there were some new and unexpected developments and they can quickly sweep it under the rug or they could simply have one of the other gazillion "INSIDERS" report the news and claim that they broke the news and not even bring Schefter into it. THis way they can cover their tracks and still lay claim to breaking the story and all of a sudden Schefter's comments will be completely forgotten by 99% of the country......the only ones who will remember and care are Buffalo fans. So, it is a WIN-WIN no matter what happens in the end for ESPN. They will claim the story and Schefter's comments will be swept away and completely forgotten by most of the country.

What demands? Has he said what he wants? Those are just your opinions of his demands, so so it's faulty basis to build an argument off of.

DraftBoy
01-13-2010, 11:51 AM
I respect Schefter's opinion and believe he has many "relaible" sources he believes in.

I just have to do my own job and that includes going by what my sources tell me - or don't tell me (being quiet) and go from there.

So, I'm reserving the right to believe there is still some sort of diologue between the two sides, until I hear either he or the Bills say otherwise.

Once again, that still hasn't happened. Even in this interview. Scheft does not cite ANYONE "close to" either side for his assertions.

I'll also point out, and be happy about obviously, that Scheft also confirmed exact;y what I said last night - which is that the Bills have made "multiple attempts" to land Cowher and that this is not for a lack of trying on their part.

Which imo, is the most important part of all of this!

mikemac2001

**** THiS THREAD!!!!

until i hear it from ralph or cowher or we hire someone else its still a ****ing option

if he wants to coach he will coach if not has to wait

RockStar36
I don't blame people for still believing Cowher is coming to Buffalo. Honestly, I still hold that sliver of hope because he hasn't actually said NO in public like he would if he was absolutely not interested in the job.

But to just bash and hammer Schefter because he says differently is ignorant.

SABuffalo786

Oh dear lord. Alright we clearly agree, Ill take evidence and you can take the stance discrediting anybody whose opinion you don't like.

Evidence. Right. Cool story, bro.

RockStar36
01-13-2010, 11:52 AM
When's the last time he broke a story since he came to ESPN? Wouldn't an "Insider" have at least ONE big scoop?

I'm waiting.

I couldn't tell you off the top of my head.

I know I've followed him all football season and I've gotten quite a bit of good information from him.

If he was what you guys are making him out to be, he wouldn't have the job he has. Plain and simple.

DraftBoy
01-13-2010, 11:52 AM

I'm waiting.

Tom Brady's Rib Injury
Julius Peppers not going to the Pats

I can keep going would you like me to?

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 11:54 AM

C'mon man..

1- I am not an insider nor have I claimed to be. . People incorrectly have labeled me that, which leads to people like you ripping it up. When you see me posting at Pat Moran, NFL Insider-- then they'll be a problem

2- I am a reporter, and thats a big difference from being an insider. I tweet questions to a ton of people, and do what I got to do to gather info or get on the right track.

People like Schefter break news. People like Sal TALK about news and occassionally break news of his own.

My main job is to find news and report about news--or report about the person or news that's been broken, or about people that you dont know about (recently off top of my head tracking down this Joe Logan guy, the Schefter interview, the second Lynch accuser, etc).

So dude--- I don't label myself as an insider.

And my interview with Schefter wasn't a "twitter" interview. It was legit enough that he decided to retweet the article himself, so that proves it validity.

Philagape
01-13-2010, 11:54 AM

You are in no position to rate which sources are better. None. You have no idea which sources Schefter has. Surely there are people as close or closer to Cowher than Dungy and Schott are, and they were just offering opinons.

Logic dictates no such thing. Both sides may be simply respecting the next coach by not publicly confirming that he's at best the second choice.

sven233
01-13-2010, 11:55 AM
What demands? Has he said what he wants? Those are just your opinions of his demands, so so it's faulty basis to build an argument off of.

What are you talking about? It is obvious that he won't take any job where he doesn't get the things he believes he needs to be successful.

I am not sure what he wants, but it is fairly obvious he won't take a job where he doesn't get what he wants! What those things are, it doesn't really matter. He won't take the job unless he gets them. Common sense.

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 11:57 AM

Agree 100%

And to your credit, Schefter went out of his way to tell me the Bills efforts towards Cowher were not just "some overture"

Demon
C'mon man..

1- I am not an insider nor have I claimed to be. . People incorrectly have labeled me that, which leads to people like you ripping it up. When you see me posting at Pat Moran, NFL Insider-- then they'll be a problem

2- I am a reporter, and thats a big difference from being an insider. I tweet questions to a ton of people, and do what I got to do to gather info or get on the right track.

People like Schefter break news. People like Sal TALK about news and occassionally break news of his own.

My main job is to find news and report about news--or report about the person or news that's been broken, or about people that you dont know about (recently off top of my head tracking down this Joe Logan guy, the Schefter interview, the second Lynch accuser, etc).

So dude--- I don't label myself as an insider.

And my interview with Schefter wasn't a "twitter" interview. It was legit enough that he decided to retweet the article himself, so that proves it validity.

Ok, cool, then my bad. Draftboy said insider. I really do respect your work though. I just wish you wouldn't list reporters as sources. lol

Anyways, thanks for the clarification.

SABuffalo786
Tom Brady's Rib Injury
Julius Peppers not going to the Pats

I can keep going would you like me to?

An injury and a non-event.

Wow, looks like he really went out on a limp there. :rolleyes:

Mahdi
01-13-2010, 11:58 AM
TO to Buffalo - WRONG

Schefter never said T.O. wasn't coming here. That story was broken by Sal first then others supported it.

Michael82

Well said, Sal! :bf1:

Philagape
What are you talking about? It is obvious that he won't take any job where he doesn't get the things he believes he needs to be successful.

I am not sure what he wants, but it is fairly obvious he won't take a job where he doesn't get what he wants! What those things are, it doesn't really matter. He won't take the job unless he gets them. Common sense.

What if he wants to work for a franchise not run by Ralph Wilson?

Coach Sal
By the way, Pat, good job on this.

At least Scheft didn't shy away and you got him to answer some questions.

I just still believe he hasn't answered the one answer I've been looking for:

"Have any sources close to the Bills or Bill Cowher officially said "NO?"

Or he has answered it, but clearly the answer is "no, they haven't."

RockStar36
01-13-2010, 11:59 AM

Wait, what?

You asked what stories he broke. Last time I checked, THOSE ARE STORIES.

Now it's subjective to how big the story is? You're really reaching now.

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Ok, cool, then my bad. Draftboy said insider. I really do respect your work though. I just wish you wouldn't list reporters as sources. lol

I agree with that. .I made a mistake Sunday night and filed a crappy report with absolutely horrible terminology. I deserved a lot of the ripping that came with it.

If I want credit for putting out something good, I need to handle deserved bashing when I don't.

I made it a point to state exactly as such in this Schefter interview today.

Demon
01-13-2010, 12:00 PM

Schefter broke many big stories for NFL Network, but almost never does for ESPN. Actually, i don't remember any major story that he has reported first for ESPN?

mackey789
01-13-2010, 12:01 PM
Lets rename Billszone.com to Moranzone.com

Prov401
01-13-2010, 12:01 PM

Strike 2, bud.

You'd be a horriffic umpire.

Michael82
01-13-2010, 12:02 PM
The other reason why I'm still holding some hope....

Besides the obvious that he hasn't said No firmly and everything has got extremely quiet while the Bills are making a full court press. The Bills could still change this at anytime. Once they realize their fans are pissed off and looking for blood, after almost every single coordinator/head coach turns the Bills down, they could always change their offer a bit. Maybe add some clauses that give Cowher final decisions. Maybe offer complete control and name his the assistant GM. All kinds of things could still happen. That's why I'm still holding out hope.

mackey789
01-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Per my exclusive interview with Hockeybuzz.com it has been determined that Pat Moran is really Eklund.

ddaryl
01-13-2010, 12:03 PM
so lets change the billboard to say.

Ralph, give Cowher whatever he wants NOW!!!!

DraftBoy
01-13-2010, 12:04 PM

I didn't say Pat was an insider. Please dont tell people I said something I clearly did not.

Please re-read the bolded;

There is actually.

Never mentioned Pat so please don't misrepresent what I said.

mikemac2001
01-13-2010, 12:05 PM
The only thing schefter is good for is that Commercial with him and mort

now thats some good stuff

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 12:06 PM
This is my opinion about the Insiders-- and I pay particularly close attention because obviously I search and follow for stories.

Jay Glazer is the absolute best, especially with Buffalo. He busts more major stories than anybody, perhaps combined. He's #1 in my book.

Mike Florio- Yes, he runs PFT and 95% of his reports are second hand with properly citing credit and cites. But he has a lot of sources of his own and sometimes breaks news. For IE, nobody talks about it, but he was the first to say the Bills GM was Buddy Nix and not Tom Modrak.

Jason LaCanfora-- he gets a lot of stuff out first right and correct, though he was dead wrong about JP Losman recently (and in that case I KNOW who told him that, because the same person told me)

Schefter- I dont consider him the best insider, but he's definitely the busiest.

Clayton- I loathe him

sven233
What if he wants to work for a franchise not run by Ralph Wilson?

Then he wouldn't have talked to the Bills in the first place. Pretty easy!

Why spend all of this time, several weeks according to Sal and other people, even talking to the Bills if that was the case. He knows Ralph is the owner! HA! Pretty easy there.

DraftBoy
Ouch, not even a mention of Mortensen.

Demon
01-13-2010, 12:07 PM
I didn't say Pat was an insider. Please dont tell people I said something I clearly did not.

Please re-read the bolded;

Never mentioned Pat so please don't misrepresent what I said.

lol ok man, my bad.... fyi, it's just a message forum, don't get too worked up.

Novacane
01-13-2010, 12:14 PM

SABuffalo786
01-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Wait, what?

You asked what stories he broke. Last time I checked, THOSE ARE STORIES.

Now it's subjective to how big the story is? You're really reaching now.

How? This is the biggest coaching story in the league. As an "insider" at the "worldwide leader in sports" he should have more substantial news outside of "league sources", no?

elltrain22
01-13-2010, 12:17 PM
thanks Pat for putting this story to bed. Again.

RockStar36
01-13-2010, 12:18 PM
How? This is the biggest coaching story in the league. As an "insider" at the "worldwide leader in sports" he should have more substantial news outside of "league sources", no?

We'll see I guess.

I just don't see the point of bashing Schefter, because that is what most people are doing, because you don't like the news he is delivering. You guys are killing the messenger.

Now if Cowher comes to Buffalo, GREAT. I would be the happiest person in the world and Schefter would be dead wrong. You don't know how happy this would make me.

But I'm not going to attack the guy for reporting otherwise. It's his job.

Philagape
01-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Then he wouldn't have talked to the Bills in the first place. Pretty easy!

Why spend all of this time, several weeks according to Sal and other people, even talking to the Bills if that was the case. He knows Ralph is the owner! HA! Pretty easy there.

Maybe his impression of Wilson came from that meeting.

RockStar36
01-13-2010, 12:19 PM

Can I ask you who has any information on this story since it's the biggest coaching story in the league?

Nobody has said a word. Not even Cowher.

That must mean everybody sucks, right?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
01-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Im not reading 800 pages to find if this has already been said:

"WHY THE HELL WILL COWHER NOT SAY SOME FRIGGING THING!"

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Ouch, not even a mention of Mortensen.

Mort's crap is almost more second handed than mine, and he works for a sports conglomerate and I'm typing at my dining room table/home office right now.

zone
01-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Schefter is wrong, and he is wrong for one simple fact.

Bill Cowher has not said not said no to the Bills or else he or his agent would say so unequivocally.

Period.

Nothing in life is 100% and for Schefter to think so is amateur at best.

Novacane
01-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Im not reading 800 pages to find if this has already been said:

"WHY THE HELL WILL COWHER NOT SAY SOME FRIGGING THING!"

I doubt he ever will. We will just hire some other coach and that will be that.

kelly2reed4six
01-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Pat, did schefter happen to say why Cowher nor the Bills have shot this down publicly? It just doesn't make sense that they wouldn't by now if it were a 100% no.

DRutka
01-13-2010, 12:40 PM
per buffalobills.com

"Adam Schefter is reporting that Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer will not interview for the Bills head coaching job."

I guess we will find out soon how credible Schefter's sources really are. Schottenheimer is supposed to talk to the media later today and it is expected he will be asked about a possible interview. If we interview Brian, I would think all bets are off and Schefter doesn't know much. If we don't, then maybe he does have some credibility.

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Pat, did schefter happen to say why Cowher nor the Bills have shot this down publicly? It just doesn't make sense that they wouldn't by now if it were a 100% no.

He didnt directly answer, I don't think he knows..

Philagape
01-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Bill Cowher has not said not said no to the Bills or else he or his agent would say so unequivocally.

Period.

That is not necessarily so. Period fail.

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Someone on the bills board accused me of faking the interview, even after posting Schefter's twitter link.

And someone else said about Sal's show last night, "He said that right before he parted a path through his bowl of tomato soup. It really was quite the demonstration. "

LOL. Some of those dudes are certifiable

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 01:00 PM
I believe Schefter's conviction.

But I'm still not completely sold. Though I'm probably in denial at this point

zone
01-13-2010, 01:04 PM
That is not necessarily so. Period fail.
Please explain.

If someone 100% does not want something they say no. If you say nothing you leave open the possibility.

Coach Sal
01-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Someone on the bills board accused me of faking the interview, even after posting Schefter's twitter link.

And someone else said about Sal's show last night, "He said that right before he parted a path through his bowl of tomato soup. It really was quite the demonstration. "

LOL. Some of those dudes are certifiable

It was chicken noodle.

Mr. Pink
01-13-2010, 01:18 PM
per buffalobills.com

"Adam Schefter is reporting that Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer will not interview for the Bills head coaching job."

I guess we will find out soon how credible Schefter's sources really are. Schottenheimer is supposed to talk to the media later today and it is expected he will be asked about a possible interview. If we interview Brian, I would think all bets are off and Schefter doesn't know much. If we don't, then maybe he does have some credibility.

Schottenheimer directly said he wouldn't interview.

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Schottenheimer directly said he wouldn't interview.

That alarms me a hell of a lot more than than Cowher not coming here. That's testament right there.

Get ready to welcome Leslie Frazier I fear, who will be passed off by OBD as their first choice since they interviewed him first (not counting Fewell)

He may become the next Dungy, but IMO he's exactly what we DONT need, and good luck selling the season tickets buyers on that one.

zone
01-13-2010, 01:28 PM
good luck selling the season tickets buyers on that one.

Enter Donovan McNabb.

k-oneputt
01-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Get ready for 6-10, 7-9, 5-11 and finding a new coach after Frazier.

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Enter Donovan McNabb.

Ralph gonna extend him minimum 2-3 more years?

Philagape
01-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Please explain.

If someone 100% does not want something they say no. If you say nothing you leave open the possibility.

Are you talking publicly, or privately? Because public refusals are what people are asking for, and there is certainly no obligation for him to say anything publicly, or assumption that he or anyone else normally would.

kelly2reed4six
01-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Man, Scheftner better hope to God that he is right! If he biffs on this one he is going to eat a whooooole lot of crow!

I personally will rent a Billboard in his home town to publicly ridicule him!

DRutka
01-13-2010, 03:44 PM
That alarms me a hell of a lot more than than Cowher not coming here. That's testament right there.

This alarms me also. Either the Bills are in some serious doo doo and truly have become the joke of the league or they are masters of keeping things quiet when it come to Cowher.

As much as I would love to have Cowher here, I don't think it will happen unfortunately.

That said, we are screwed. It is sad how we have become the team that no one wants to coach. There are 32 head coaching positions in the NFL. 32! To have a no name (or at least daddy's name) coach not even consider us is a real concern.

I would assume that most people, when they go into coaching at this level, have their goals set at becoming a head coach. To have an opportunity sitting open, and seemingly have very little interest says a lot.

As Bills fans, I feel this organization has let us down. We keep clinging to hope that we will at some point in time reclaim the glory of the early 90's. I just can not see this happening until after Ralph no longer owns this team. But will it be too late for us? If this team moves on after Ralph departs, it will be the biggest blow that this area has ever seen. Bigger than Bethlehem Steel closing.

I really feel this organization has hit rock bottom. :cry:

Anyway, since I think we have hit bottom, the only direction for us to go is up. Here's to a good draft, a no name coach that turns into something special, and to the Bills maybe doing something right in the future. :drunks:

Enter Donovan McNabb.

I don't think McNabb will help this time around. The fans are too smart to fall for a quick T.O. like signing again.

Ingtar33
01-13-2010, 03:57 PM
At this rate i might get called for an interview (no... i'm kidding, but only a little bit)

trapezeus
01-13-2010, 04:38 PM
the Oc/DC's see what happened to gregg williams and mike mularkey. they saw that they were given nothing to work with, they see the same management with the same people essentially since 2000, and the see that Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey aren't even close to being considered HC's after their abysmal failures in buffalo.

who wants to risk that? close enough to get a HC position, but when you undoubtedly fail because you aren't given any players and work with proven losers, why would you risk to never get an NFL shot again?

I wouldn't.

SABuffalo786
01-13-2010, 04:59 PM
If this team moves on after Ralph departs, it will be the biggest blow that this area has ever seen. Bigger than Bethlehem Steel closing.

Zero
01-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Agreed. Sounds like Ralph stepped up this time.

Yeah but it appears too little too late...

trapezeus
01-13-2010, 05:03 PM
it would have been a bigger blow if they left when they were good. if they leave now, maybe the $60MM-100MM spent on the stadium can go to people and real projects. maybe for the $2000 spent on season tickets, people can partake in the other wonders buffalo has like a decent art scene, decent theater. Maybe we can appreciate the stuff that makes buffalo uniquely very good.

**** ralph

DRutka
01-13-2010, 05:30 PM

I really don't think it's funny. People get other jobs.
The psychological affect the Bills leaving Buffalo would have in this community would be terrible. Way worse than anything this area has ever seen.

Michael82
01-13-2010, 06:03 PM
I really don't think it's funny. People get other jobs.
The psychological affect the Bills leaving Buffalo would have in this community would be terrible. Way worse than anything this area has ever seen.
Exactly! I'm sorry, but a ton of people would leave Western NY and finally move down south if the Bills left. It sounds lame, but a lot of people consider having an NFL a big thing and losing that would kill the area emotionally and bankrupt even more businesses.

jones008
01-13-2010, 09:26 PM

In my opinion the fact that he reported using a ESPN reporter as his source was kind of a joke and was poor journalism. Not to mention he originally said his source was willing to stake his reputation then decided not to reveal his "source".

jamcrew
01-14-2010, 07:39 AM
it would be cool if this weekend on the CBS pregame show if they showed the billboard then quickly panned to Cowher.

Novacane
01-14-2010, 07:51 AM
Exactly! I'm sorry, but a ton of people would leave Western NY and finally move down south if the Bills left. It sounds lame, but a lot of people consider having an NFL a big thing and losing that would kill the area emotionally and bankrupt even more businesses.

A football team is the only thing keeping people in WNY? God help the area if that's true. I don't buy it. People that want out of this area are gonna leave wether the Bills are here or not.

You are right that it would be a big blow emotionally. What businesses would go bankrupt though? Maybe a few bars and restaurants around the stadium? That's not a big econmic hit. trapezeus is right. What happens to all the money people spend on the Bills? It would be spent on other things. The arguement can be made that some businesses would benefit from no Bills. WNY would survive without the Bills.

SABuffalo786
01-14-2010, 04:15 PM

Uh, yeah, I don't think so.