PDA

View Full Version : Let's Step Back and Put Things In Perspective

Typ0
01-13-2010, 10:52 AM
a day or two before Moolarkey left town Wilson had a press conference and said how great it was he'd be back next year. He said Moolarkey was a great coach and we were lucky to have him. Then he flew off to Miami to shove it in our face.

Wilson's fear that he can't hire for the position is coming to fruition. We're going to end up with more crap that's just the way it's going to be. It's almost like even a guy who is on the cusp of having a lot of potential to be good won't even coach this team.

Saratoga Slim
01-13-2010, 01:37 PM
I think the proper persepective is: everybody chill out and wait for the coordinators that we want to interview to finish up in the playoffs.

Other than Brian Schottenheimer, who none of us seem to even want, I don't think anyone other than Cowher and Shanahan have flatly turned down the opportunity to interview. Of the other names we've been linked to

Frazier - interviewed immediately.
Grimm - said he will interview. Clayton says he's not that interested, but what the F does Clayton know.
Rivera - I believe he said he won't interview until he's done coaching for the year. If I'm wrong, tell me where he said he won't interview at all.
Billick - said publicly that he thinks it's a good opportunity
Harbaugh - Radio silence. Who knows if OBD is interested, or if he's just media speculation. Either way, he has not declined to be interviewed as far as we know
Cam Cameron - has not declined to be interviewed as far as we know. and we don't even know if he's on the radar
Sean McDermott - has not declined to be interviewed as far as we know. and we don't even know if he's on the radar

So, that breaks down to the two A-list guys said no, one B-lister said no, and all the others are still very possibly our next HC.

I understand that everyone's generally just fed up with this team over the past 10 years, but I don't think the current "nobody wants us" pity party is necessarily justified. Let another week of playoffs pan out, then maybe Rivera, Grimm, and who know who else are free and willing to do interviews. Until then, take some deep breaths!

Typ0
01-13-2010, 02:43 PM
I'm not having a pity party but I have read some of the pity party stuff and that is why I'm pointing this out. Wilson did seem very worried that no one would take the job when Moolarkey left IMO. I know I said this around that time because he clearly got stabbed in the back when MM left town. But why was he pumping him up so much he'd pretty much been a failure here hadn't he? I think we were all surprised he was retained at all!

Saratoga Slim
01-13-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm not having a pity party but I have read some of the pity party stuff and that is why I'm pointing this out. Wilson did seem very worried that no one would take the job when Moolarkey left IMO. I know I said this around that time because he clearly got stabbed in the back when MM left town. But why was he pumping him up so much he'd pretty much been a failure here hadn't he? I think we were all surprised he was retained at all!

Yeah, I get where you're going TypO. My post wasn't 100% directed at yours, more of a general reaction to a lot of the other threads where everybody's acting like we're destined not to have a head coach next year.

Prov401
01-13-2010, 03:53 PM
At this point, knowing that Cowher and Marty are seemingly out of the mix (both long-shots), I want Rivera.

Typ0
01-13-2010, 05:00 PM
It's quite possible the desperation itself is the root of the problem and it's entirely fabricated in RWs brain. If you were in an interview and the person doing the hiring came off as desperate wouldn't you be asking yourself why the desperation and if you want to work there?

Pinkerton Security
01-13-2010, 05:24 PM
I think the proper persepective is: everybody chill out and wait for the coordinators that we want to interview to finish up in the playoffs.

Other than Brian Schottenheimer, who none of us seem to even want, I don't think anyone other than Cowher and Shanahan have flatly turned down the opportunity to interview. Of the other names we've been linked to

Frazier - interviewed immediately.
Grimm - said he will interview. Clayton says he's not that interested, but what the F does Clayton know.
Rivera - I believe he said he won't interview until he's done coaching for the year. If I'm wrong, tell me where he said he won't interview at all.
Billick - said publicly that he thinks it's a good opportunity
Harbaugh - Radio silence. Who knows if OBD is interested, or if he's just media speculation. Either way, he has not declined to be interviewed as far as we know
Cam Cameron - has not declined to be interviewed as far as we know. and we don't even know if he's on the radar
Sean McDermott - has not declined to be interviewed as far as we know. and we don't even know if he's on the radar

So, that breaks down to the two A-list guys said no, one B-lister said no, and all the others are still very possibly our next HC.

I understand that everyone's generally just fed up with this team over the past 10 years, but I don't think the current "nobody wants us" pity party is necessarily justified. Let another week of playoffs pan out, then maybe Rivera, Grimm, and who know who else are free and willing to do interviews. Until then, take some deep breaths!

Thank you!!!! I can understand if people are disappointed we didnt get an A-list coach...so am I...but this doesnt mean we all need to go ape-s***.