PDA

View Full Version : So we're down to....

BigZ
01-13-2010, 11:13 AM
According to the rumors and some published results we're down to (in no order):

Frasier
Grimm (maybe)
Fewell
Billick (although he doesn't appear to be on any "lists")

Who else?

Prov401
01-13-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm hoping Ron Rivera.

Jaybird
me

Mr. Pink
It's Frazier vs Fewell in a steel cage death match for Buffalo Bills HC!

ddaryl
01-13-2010, 11:16 AM
what a shame. It should be a crime to destroy a franchise, and to destroy the heart and soul of its fans

Pinkerton Security
01-13-2010, 11:17 AM
what a shame. It should be a crime to destroy a franchise, and to destroy the heart and soul of its fans

Im frustrated too, but i mean we're just getting turned down by the big names, so we then turn to all the hot coordinators. what other option do they have at this point?

DraftBoy
01-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Leslie Frazier
Russ Grimm
Ron Rivera
Perry Fewell

Others to think of;
Jim Harbaugh
Cam Cameron
Sean McDermott

BigZ
01-13-2010, 11:19 AM
me

You're not Bill Cowher are you???

WagonCircler
01-13-2010, 11:20 AM
WTF. Welcome to rock bottom.

Mr. Pink
01-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Someone tell Ralph I will glady coach the Buffalo Bills for 250k a year and a grand slam breakfast at Dennys quarterly to discuss the direction of the franchise.

DraftBoy
01-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Someone tell Ralph I will glady coach the Buffalo Bills for 250k a year and a grand slam breakfast at Dennys quarterly to discuss the direction of the franchise.

Done,

I told him Id run the War Room for 175K but I wanted an lifetime GC to Denny's.

Mr. Pink
01-13-2010, 11:22 AM
Done,

I told him Id run the War Room for 175K but I wanted an lifetime GC to Denny's.

I'll make sure you're hired and you get all the benefits you deserve!

BigZ
01-13-2010, 11:22 AM
:oldskool:

LOL

gordong
01-13-2010, 11:23 AM
At this point maybe bringing Fewell back might be a good idea for Ralph and Brandon. At least then everyone will just ***** and moan about how cheap ralph is.
instead of having to face the reality of what a laughing stock the Bills have become. I'm not sure who at this point is more disfunctional; us or Oakland

ddaryl
01-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Im frustrated too, but i mean we're just getting turned down by the big names, so we then turn to all the hot coordinators. what other option do they have at this point?

hot coordinators are turning us down or agreeing to be interviewed but are obvioulsy not that excited by this opportunity

we are now realizing how bad it has gotten, and it was worse then we thought... and unfortunately it will take some epic embarassment to get the old man to put the pieces together, and even then I still have my doubts he'll do anything about it...

Ralph may own the franchise, but make no mistake this is OUR team, and I don't really appreciate someone ****ing with what is mine

Cleve
01-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Fewell was clearly a failure - bringing him back would be an insult to the Buffalo fans and WNY, and would demonstrate the utter and complete lack of planning/organization in the Bills front office. I mean, Fewell's coaching was supposed to be his 'interview'. Yet then he's canned with the rest of the coaching staff, and then 'interviewed' again? Ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but if that's the best Ralph Wilson can do it's time for me to start writing letters to my elected representatives urging them to cut or eliminate taxpayer subsidies to the Buffalo Bills organization.

BillsWin
01-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Better put the full court press on Grimm. Frazier would set this franchise back another five years.

On a side note, its pretty sad that the DETROIT LIONS had less trouble finding a coach than we are. It can't get much worse...

ddaryl
01-13-2010, 11:31 AM
On a side note, its pretty sad that the DETROIT LIONS had less trouble finding a coach than we are. It can't get much worse...

stick around for a few more years and just watch

paladin warrior
01-13-2010, 11:31 AM
If Bills can't hire New HC. DAMN IT !!!! Ralph sooo F.CK it cheap!! RED Skin PIG got new HC and also Seattle SEAHAWK got New HC before Buffalo BIlls. DAMN IT !!!!!

gordong
01-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Fewell was clearly a failure - bringing him back would be an insult to the Buffalo fans and WNY, and would demonstrate the utter and complete lack of planning/organization in the Bills front office. I mean, Fewell's coaching was supposed to be his 'interview'. Yet then he's canned with the rest of the coaching staff, and then 'interviewed' again? Ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but if that's the best Ralph Wilson can do it's time for me to start writing letters to my elected representatives urging them to cut or eliminate taxpayer subsidies to the Buffalo Bills organization.

You know I was joking right?

Cleve
01-13-2010, 11:33 AM

The delay in hiring a head coach is delaying hiring the rest of the coaching staff. In the mean time, other teams are interviewing and gobbling up Offensive Coordinators, Defensive Coordinators, etc etc.

My fear is that we're gonna be stuck with bottom barrel talent on the sidelines - again.

BillsWin
01-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Hey Paladin, lets hope for a former red skin pig to come to Buffalo.

Mr. Pink
01-13-2010, 11:35 AM
The sad part is...the organization would have looked better if they had just decided to promote Fewell or April for that matter to fulltime coach and not just interim.

We get guys who won't definitively say no, Shanny and Cowher, who obviously have no intentions on coming here...then we get Coordinators who just flat out refuse to even be bothered with an interview.

If this wasn't the Bills, it would be comical to anyone on this board.

Night Train
01-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Kay Stevenson is just a phone call away.

Mr. Pink
01-13-2010, 11:37 AM
is Hank Bullough still available?

Cleve
01-13-2010, 11:38 AM
We get guys who won't definitively say no, Shanny and Cowher, who obviously have no intentions on coming here...then we get Coordinators who just flat out refuse to even be bothered with an interview.

One of the issues for Coordinators - I'm sure potential candidates are concerned (like the fans) over the Head Coach position. They probably would like to know who they'd be reporting to.

ddaryl
01-13-2010, 11:39 AM
The sad part is...the organization would have looked better if they had just decided to promote Fewell or April for that matter to fulltime coach and not just interim.

actually this is good for us. Ralph and his organization must be fully embarassed, and they must be forced to understand and realize how incredibly out of touch they are. If we do not go through this process there is no chance of real change. Ralph needs to really really understand how incredibly pathetic the rest of the NFL views him....

Mr. Pink
01-13-2010, 11:41 AM
actually this is good for us. Ralph and his organization must be fully embarassed, and they must be forced to understand and realize how incredibly out of touch they are. If we do not go through this process there is no chance of real change. Ralph needs to really really understand how incredibly pathetic the rest of the NFL views him....

How is this good?

This is literally the reality we might be living in as long as the Bills are still in Buffalo.

What do you think we'll hire some jackass for 2 years, fire him and everyone else, and try again?

Saratoga Slim
01-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Has any coordinator other than Brian Schottenheimer said NO for sure? I haven't heard of any that said they definately don't want to interview.

Mahdi
01-13-2010, 12:02 PM

Frasier
Grimm (maybe)
Fewell

Who else?
Garrett has been named as a 'dark horse' on the list.

elltrain22
01-13-2010, 12:11 PM
this is uterly embarassing. We're officially just as bad as Oakland. Never thought I'd say that, but thats how bad its gotten.

ddaryl
01-13-2010, 12:15 PM
How is this good?

This is literally the reality we might be living in as long as the Bills are still in Buffalo.

What do you think we'll hire some jackass for 2 years, fire him and everyone else, and try again?

Obvioulsy you missed what I was trying to say

I'm trying to find away to force Ralph out for good... and a complete embarasment is the last hope for doing this IMO

it will suck for us, but it's going to suck anyways IMO, as long as he is apart of this organization

Pinkerton Security
01-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Better put the full court press on Grimm. Frazier would set this franchise back another five years.

how do you have any idea what the difference between Grimm and Frazier would be???

also, whats so special about Jim Schwartz? If he was available this year, you'd all b**** about not wanting him, yet jsut because he simply got hired hes now something special?

Bill Cody
01-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Fear not guys. Tom Cable should be available soon. Who needs Cowher.:dead:

Mahdi
01-13-2010, 12:53 PM
how do you have any idea what the difference between Grimm and Frazier would be???

also, whats so special about Jim Schwartz? If he was available this year, you'd all b**** about not wanting him, yet jsut because he simply got hired hes now something special?
Grimm and Schwartz led their units to success wherever they were. Frazier has not gotten the best out of a Pro-Bowl unit.

Mr. Pink
01-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Obvioulsy you missed what I was trying to say

I'm trying to find away to force Ralph out for good... and a complete embarasment is the last hope for doing this IMO

it will suck for us, but it's going to suck anyways IMO, as long as he is apart of this organization

The problem is we're not assured yet that without Ralph there will still be football here to watch and root for.

I agree that the problem starts with Ralph and goes all the way down.

ChristopherWalken
01-13-2010, 01:57 PM
I still think the Bills are being silently black balled.

For what exactly, I can't say. Dick Juaron is widlley respected in this league. Perhaps firing him mid-season has turned other coaches from considering Buffalo as an option?

Perhaps everyone (but the fans) know the Bills are destined for LA? What coach would want to be apart of that type of negative publicity?

paladin warrior
01-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Hey Paladin, lets hope for a former red skin pig to come to Buffalo. Cool.LOL I Call them a Pig Red Skin :jig:

dannyek71
01-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Dick Jauron?

Mudflap1
01-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Leslie Frazier
Russ Grimm
Ron Rivera
Perry Fewell

Others to think of;
Jim Harbaugh
Cam Cameron
Sean McDermott

The day the Bills hire Sean McDermott is the day I hand in my fan card... with a flaming bag of poop to OBD.

mark1126
01-13-2010, 06:50 PM
only 32 NFL head coaching jobs in the whole world paying millions of dollars, and two interviews? sums up what a joke the bills really are...

billsfan0404
01-13-2010, 07:02 PM
3 UFL coaches are still out there.
Denny Green
Ted Cottrell
Jim Fassell (could bring back Losman with him)

:puke:

Cleve
01-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Dick Juaron is widlley respected in this league.

I've yet to see one sports writer or commentator express 'respect' for the head coaching 'abilities' of Dick Jauron. The guy is demonstrably, inarguably, in the top ten worst experienced HCs of all time. I think he has respect as a DC, but clearly not as a head coach.

If the Bills are being blackballed, in my opinion it's because of the erratic decision making history of one Ralph Wilson Jr, especially during the last few years, and his tendency to meddle in the day to day workings of the team when he clearly doesn't have a clue what to do, especially now at his advanced old age.

The screwing he gave Polian and his staff, and then to Wade Phillips - we talk about these horrible decisions frequently here, and we're only fans. I would imagine in professional football circles, among coaches and staff, this sort of thing is discussed even more often than we as fans do.

And questions of respect aside, there probably is concern among potential HC candidates regarding Wilson's decision to first go with Jauron in 2009, then to fire him when he was performing EXACTLY as he had for the last 3 seasons. I'm sure other issues like the bizarre firing of Turk Shonert at the last minute (when if this change was going to be made, it should have happened last January or February) don't help matters either.

SABURZFAN
01-14-2010, 08:44 AM

Frasier
Grimm (maybe)
Fewell

Who else?

Billick is not on the list because The Old Fart doesn't want to reach too deep into his pockets.

DraftBoy
01-14-2010, 09:01 AM
Billick is not on the list because The Old Fart doesn't want to reach too deep into his pockets.

Complete and utter bs, and you know it.

Billick isn't on the list because he sucks, and his ego is massive.