PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo media better lay into the FO

trapezeus
01-13-2010, 11:21 AM
The Buffalo media better start ripping into Ralph wilson and russ brandon for creating such a pathetic state of affairs. I want answers from these guys. i don't want bs, PR answers. I want answers to:

1. do you feel responsible that even second rate coordinators don't want the job?
2. Don't you think it's odd that money doesn't even talk to big time coaches?
3. Do you think maybe it's the actual organization thatyou've structured that makes people laugh at this fanbase?
4. Can you please clarify what is happening to the team AR? Clearly that is impacting people's views on buffalo
5. Do you find it disgraceful that in a weak WNY economy that you would take this much money year after year and provide such a worthless, useless Piece of **** team?

And to be fair, the ***** bills should answer these questions.

BigZ
01-13-2010, 11:27 AM
The Buffalo media better start ripping into Ralph wilson and russ brandon for creating such a pathetic state of affairs. I want answers from these guys. i don't want bs, PR answers. I want answers to:

1. do you feel responsible that even second rate coordinators don't want the job?
3. Do you think maybe it's the actual organization thatyou've structured that makes people laugh at this fanbase?
4. Can you please clarify what is happening to the team AR? Clearly that is impacting people's views on buffalo
5. Do you find it disgraceful that in a weak WNY economy that you would take this much money year after year and provide such a worthless, useless Piece of **** team?

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to sent a list like this (although, to be fair we'd need to clean it up a little) to the three sports anchors and maybe the News. I wouldn't send it to Sullivan because he can be so insulting nobody would listen. Questions 1 and 2 are the ones I'd really like to pose.

ddaryl
01-13-2010, 11:30 AM
we can try to add pressure and try and force the franchise to admit how badly they are screwing everything up

but in the end Ralph is not going to do anything. He would have by now if he had that intention

trapezeus
01-13-2010, 11:30 AM
at least the crooked Bank Ceo's went to congress and took their tongue lashings like men. The bills front office scurries away like rats once the season ticket money is tallied and they take their Toronto allotment and TV money.

Cowards. Each and every one of them.

Cleve
01-13-2010, 11:36 AM
One question the media should be asking both Nix and Wilson - why are Guy and Modrak (apparently) surviving the staff purge? And that should be tied with an observation (by the reporter) regarding the numerous drafting and personnel failures of the last decade.

SABURZFAN
01-13-2010, 11:50 AM
Jerry Sullivan has been doing a good job speaking his mind about the Bills situation. he's been spot on with a lot of his criticism.

trapezeus
01-13-2010, 11:57 AM
but sullivan doesn't get in their faces. he just vents like the rest of us. i want answers as to why they think this is worth it anymore. they clearly just like raping us of our cash. they've abused our trust for years. We demand answers! I don't want them hiring a coach right now. i want to hear them answer tough questions about how they have been useless. it's not about everyone else. it's about these guys in particular. every decision they make is the wrong one. yet they fire and keeping hiring hoping this time its different.

BigZ
01-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Jerry Sullivan has been doing a good job speaking his mind about the Bills situation. he's been spot on with a lot of his criticism.

He's right on about 70% of the time but once in a while he misses completely. Yesterday he was harping on a franchise quarterback. While I agree we need an upgrade, my guess is that without good tackles Dan Marino would have looked terrible here.

The other point is that Sullivan can be so abrasive that the criticism doesn't reach the ears of those who need to hear it.....they just tune him out.

JMHO

bigbub2352
01-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Completely agree Trap.... kiss ass guys like john Murphy never call these guys out, the only guy who does is jerry Sullivan and he gets bashed by ignorant fans cause they ask why he bashs and is so negative? uhhh maybe 10yrs of losing and being paid to write about it does that to u

how come Russ never does a press conferance or Modrak or Guy the 3 losers directly responsible for the last 2-3yrs of this organization
even WGR55 schop and the bulldog constantly say there is no accountablitiy for this organization

Hell they didnt even have a press conferance to announce Skeletor being fired
come on

elltrain22
01-13-2010, 12:10 PM

Well said. I wanna walk up to Ralph & Russ right now and punch em in the face!!

Demon
01-13-2010, 12:10 PM

He's almost always spot on. People hate him because what he says is so true but nobody can admit it or step up and agree.

Beebe's Kid
01-13-2010, 12:32 PM
An interesting opinion...

How does it effect us if they try to move Lynch?

The allegations against Lynch are interesting. Both alleged victims wanted to wait to bring these allegations to the light....The media obliged by flaming Marshawn....

Not sure how much it hurts us, but if I am watching as a member of the NFL community, I will say that it definitely didn't help that:

1. We continue to have problems with Lynch, that obviously aren't being addressed at OBD.

2. If, unlike many judgmental posters, I read the follow-ups (on the back page of course) that the accusers are possibly full of s#$t. Then I start wondering if the community kind of crucifies the players because they are big fish in a small pond. I also question the media's committment to "breaking news," as opposed to accurate news, and question their damage control after the story kind of broke down.

Either way, I, personally, would be forced to ask myself if I want to get wrapped up in this s##t-storm.

I am not saying this is the only deal breaker, but did it help? Do we need help diminishing our chances?

Beebe's Kid
01-13-2010, 12:38 PM
He's right on about 70% of the time but once in a while he misses completely. Yesterday he was harping on a franchise quarterback. While I agree we need an upgrade, my guess is that without good tackles Dan Marino would have looked terrible here.

The other point is that Sullivan can be so abrasive that the criticism doesn't reach the ears of those who need to hear it.....they just tune him out.

JMHO

I refuse to use Marino as an example, due to his douchedom. I will say Manning.

Manning wouldn't look terrible here. He would not look as good, but he would not look terrible. Our QB situation is bad.

I like Brohm, but he has confidence issues (admitted) I think confidence is the #1 quality in an NFL QB. Maybe he isn't broken completely, but I bet that Manning has never had confidence issues. Please don't confuse with ****iness.

That being said about Brohm, who I feel is the only one that is worth a dam, and that is because of physical ability, and lack of exposure. It could be the same thing after a year under center. This is where a coach comes in...

Cleve
01-14-2010, 08:08 AM
One question the media should be asking both Nix and Wilson - why are Guy and Modrak (apparently) surviving the staff purge? And that should be tied with an observation (by the reporter) regarding the numerous drafting and personnel failures of the last decade.

I was really pushed for time yesterday when i posted - let me phrase this as a hypothetical question to either Wilson or Nix.

"Given the poor results we've all seen on the field resulting in failures from drafting and scouting, and the direct connection between those poor results and the numerous losing seasons the team and the fans have experienced for a full decade, what is your justification in keeping both Guy and Modrak on the payroll, especially when the rest of the staff has been fired?

"Additionally, do you feel that keeping both of these individuals on the payroll may, in part, be adding to the numerous difficulties we've seen in recent days recruiting a top-quality head coach for the Bills?"

jdbillsfan
01-14-2010, 08:24 AM
The only downside may be that it would make this job less appealing than it already does. If the local media is piling on, I don't think its going to help our coaching search.

trapezeus
01-14-2010, 09:36 AM
we need a coach who says, "i win. the hate and the arguments int he press will take care of itself as I win."

we need superman at this point. we need someone a level above human.

Liverpoolkev
01-14-2010, 10:01 AM
One question the media should be asking both Nix and Wilson - why are Guy and Modrak (apparently) surviving the staff purge? And that should be tied with an observation (by the reporter) regarding the numerous drafting and personnel failures of the last decade. The problem isnt Guy or Modrak they dont have Ralphs ear .......................for some reason the person who survived the purge that I question is Brandon a non football person who now have a direct ear of Ralph,the money guy in Detroit also a non-football guy .....Thats the problem, Cowher wants assurances that Brandon,Littman,and Wilson will not get in the way of acquiring talent and paying for that talent........................Trust me if Cowher wanted Modrak gone he would be gone in a NY second. Cowher trust Nix,Modrak whom he worked with he doesnt trust Brando who reports directly to Ralph,littman not interfer in paying for talent

trapezeus
01-14-2010, 10:24 AM
i am growing more and more angry with brandon.

The greatest trick he's played so far is convincing everyone that he's essential because of marketing.

Again, aside from asking Amtrak to put a bills charter together, he's selling football in bufflmao (yes, that's how i spell buffalo until they stop making me laugh at every decision they make). This isn't very hard. Put fear in the fan base that they are leaving, that they have to accept this mediocrity, and then learn on the job. If the bills fired Brandon, i have no doubt in my mind that he would be out of football.

The guy, for being a marketing man, announced that he was taking a promotion the same day they announced nix. that seems idiotic to me.

Announcing Nix wasn't an amazing coup that got the fans excited. it was more greeted with whose he? and then people were like, "brandon must be ralph's son for rising up the chain with worse and worse teams."

I would have thought the better PR move is to announce it with either a good coach hire, or a FA signing and just throw it in there nonchalantly. Get people to not notice.

Modrak and guy it seems do the job that's asked of them without demanding to be listened to. the decision makers who make the final calls suck. And brandon is one of them.

Brandon needs to go!

SABURZFAN
01-15-2010, 08:16 AM
He's right on about 70% of the time but once in a while he misses completely.

he's a Red Sox fan. i didn't say he was perfect.

SABURZFAN
01-15-2010, 08:21 AM
Completely agree Trap.... kiss ass guys like john Murphy never call these guys out, the only guy who does is jerry Sullivan and he gets bashed by ignorant fans cause they ask why he bashs and is so negative? uhhh maybe 10yrs of losing and being paid to write about it does that to u

how come Russ never does a press conferance or Modrak or Guy the 3 losers directly responsible for the last 2-3yrs of this organization
even WGR55 schop and the bulldog constantly say there is no accountablitiy for this organization

Hell they didnt even have a press conferance to announce Skeletor being fired
come on

i love hearing Sully rip on the organization. he's just as fed up as we are.

SABURZFAN
01-15-2010, 08:24 AM
The problem isnt Guy or Modrak they dont have Ralphs ear .......................for some reason the person who survived the purge that I question is Brandon a non football person who now have a direct ear of Ralph,the money guy in Detroit also a non-football guy .....Thats the problem

we know that The Old Fart is the problem. Guy and Modrak are just "yes" men that The Old Fart likes to keep around him. that's why this team has had more losing seasons than winning.

HHURRICANE
01-15-2010, 08:39 AM
we need a coach who says, "i win. the hate and the arguments int he press will take care of itself as I win."

we need superman at this point. we need someone a level above human.

You couldn't be more right here. I wish everyone understood this. However, the guy will also have to be confidnet enough to say "Ralph, just shut the **** up and let me do my job".

Every coach that comes here sounds like a giant pussy when they talk about our owner. "Mr. Wilson this and Mr. Wislon that."

I don't think Mularkey is that great a coaching mind but I do respect the fact that he basically told Ralph to pound sand when they wanted to get in his face.

A Cowher, Coughlin, Parcells, maybe Billick, are the only guys I see having enough nuts to tell him to stay out of their ****.

Cleve
01-15-2010, 04:44 PM
You couldn't be more right here. I wish everyone understood this. However, the guy will also have to be confidnet enough to say "Ralph, just shut the **** up and let me do my job".

Every coach that comes here sounds like a giant pussy when they talk about our owner. "Mr. Wilson this and Mr. Wislon that."

I don't think Mularkey is that great a coaching mind but I do respect the fact that he basically told Ralph to pound sand when they wanted to get in his face.

A Cowher, Coughlin, Parcells, maybe Billick, are the only guys I see having enough nuts to tell him to stay out of their ****.

Yep, Ralph Wilson himself and his reputation for meddling are huge obstacles right now to improving the team.

trapezeus
01-15-2010, 04:48 PM
an olympic reference ahead of the olympics...i like it, cleve...i like it.