PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't this say it all???

Mahdi
01-13-2010, 12:22 PM
“That’s my dream, but I want to be a head coach when the time is right, when the situation is right. I don’t want to just take a job to take a job.”

--- Brian Schottenheimer

I mean reading between the lines he is pretty much saying he doesn't want to take just any HC gig. If it was Dallas or Miami calling does he say the same thing???

I really think our image around the league is NOT GOOD.

Staring with Ralph, drafting blunders, no experienced GM for 5 years now, trading away our best players and releasing the rest etc etc etc.

elltrain22
01-13-2010, 12:25 PM
It says everything, and alot more right now. This is the most disappointed I've EVER been being a Bills fans. We may be the most hopeless franchise in football. I think even Oakland has more to be optimistic about. This is ridiculous, and we as fans, don't deserve this crap.

kelly2reed4six
01-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Wow! Are we seriously the Detroit Lions?

OpIv37
The number of players and coaches that don't want to be here is just absurd. Some people on here like to defend the FO by saying "So and so didn't want to play here!", but the reality is that it's the FO's job to attract talent, and they fail miserably time and time again.

It starts at the top. I'm officially convinced that this team is going nowhere as long as Ralph is the owner.

Demon
Ralph Wilson is the problem. The fall of famer who is killing this team. How sad.

Oldbillsfan
01-13-2010, 12:30 PM
You guys are nuts, stop bashing the team your root for from pure speculation. Let them hire a coach and fix this mess.

Mahdi
01-13-2010, 12:32 PM
You guys are nuts, stop bashing the team your root for from pure speculation. Let them hire a coach and fix this mess.
I dont think we're bashing. Just stating the obvious. Ppl don't want to come here.

Demon
01-13-2010, 12:37 PM
I dont think we're bashing. Just stating the obvious. Ppl don't want to come here.

Wait til March 1st, i wonder how many free agents of note will want to come here? LOL

Mahdi
01-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Wait til March 1st, i wonder how many free agents of note will want to come here? LOL
Actually that is another interesting point.

One of the worst comments any inexperienced GM could make right before hiring a new HC....

"We are not interested in signing any big FAs, we will only use FA to fill out the roster." (Paraphrasing Buddy Nix in his presser)

So pretty much to any prospective HCs he is saying that everything rests on Buddy Nix and his inexperience as a GM to hit on every draft pick.....

Really enticing for anyone being offered the job eh.....

EDS
01-13-2010, 12:44 PM
“That’s my dream, but I want to be a head coach when the time is right, when the situation is right. I don’t want to just take a job to take a job.”

--- Brian Schottenheimer

I mean reading between the lines he is pretty much saying he doesn't want to take just any HC gig. If it was Dallas or Miami calling does he say the same thing???

Staring with Ralph, drafting blunders, no experienced GM for 5 years now, trading away our best players and releasing the rest etc etc etc.

The Bills organization is to insular. The Buddy Nix hiring is just another example of this and has, unfortunately, set the tone for potential head coaching candidates.

ddaryl
01-13-2010, 12:48 PM

for an Oldbillsfan you sure are very new to this....

the writing is on the wall. This entire franchinse is a massive embarassment, and we really really need Ralph to put his silly rpide aside, and come to the realization that a few 100 million is more then enough for any human to live on and sell the ******* team NOW.

Who are they going ot hire, another unproven coordinator.... this franchise can't be successful this way. It's hasn't hired a coordinator that has been succesful in decades, maybe even ever.. don;'t know about the early years coaches.

We're being turned down by a few potential coaches and coordinators for interviews.

If you can't see how bad it really is then you are walkin garound with blinders on.

There is not one single thing for us to be hopeful of outside the few of us who have tried to hold onto the hope that there is a chance at a real HC

Pinkerton Security
01-13-2010, 12:49 PM

hes right. Im a huge homer and I can see this. I mean Nix appears to be trying to get the right guys, they're just all so skittish about coming here because of our reputation of being cheap and very mediocre.

BillsMan80
01-13-2010, 12:50 PM
This is a very important issue I think. I can say as a high school hockey coach, I have coached in high school for 5 years. The first year, me and another coach came into a team that had won 2 games the year before. The first thing we did was flush the previous regime out. Change it all, basically bring in fresh ideas with nothing from the past. The current school I am at, this is my 2nd year there, the head coach's 3rd year. The first year at this current school when I wasn't there, the head coach literally came and wiped the slate clean, told the administrators that this is what needs to happen in order to run a program and if you don't do this we have issues. Basically, making sure that nothing carried over from the previous regime. That's exactly what the Bills need, but it's exactly what Ralphie won't give us because of Donahoe and his ways and it sucks, because until the losing culture is swept out this organization will continue to struggle and have no chance. At both jobs, we swept out the losing culture and the teams started to win. Same issue here. It's so easy to see except for the idiots running the show.

Oldbillsfan
01-13-2010, 01:08 PM
for an Oldbillsfan you sure are very new to this....

the writing is on the wall. This entire franchinse is a massive embarassment, and we really really need Ralph to put his silly rpide aside, and come to the realization that a few 100 million is more then enough for any human to live on and sell the ******* team NOW.

Who are they going ot hire, another unproven coordinator.... this franchise can't be successful this way. It's hasn't hired a coordinator that has been succesful in decades, maybe even ever.. don;'t know about the early years coaches.

We're being turned down by a few potential coaches and coordinators for interviews.

If you can't see how bad it really is then you are walkin garound with blinders on.

There is not one single thing for us to be hopeful of outside the few of us who have tried to hold onto the hope that there is a chance at a real HC

Here's something to hold onto, the Chin hasn't said no yet... I guess people here would rather have the golf clapper back with his soft, injury ridden team and rookie OC.

Oldbillsfan
01-13-2010, 01:12 PM

Who is people? Brian S? Nobody has any idea what is going on except from the ESPN gang I guess.

don137
01-13-2010, 01:15 PM
First off, I am not a fan of Brian S. and do not think much of the work he has done.
With that said this franchise I feel is at the same level as the Raiders right now. The Lions are more attractive right now. No coach or free agent will want to come here. They will need to sigificantly overpay for a player to get anyone that is decent. With no decent player wanting to come here the Bills will have to rely on its scouting department to get better...I guess more years of misery are ahead.

It is almost to the point of being truly embarassed to be a Bills fan. Thanks Ralph for ruining this franchise.

Jeff1220
01-13-2010, 01:15 PM
I forget who said it, but I think there's a lot of truth to the idea that one reason guys might not want to come here because of the way Jauron was ousted mid-season. The guy has many friends around the league and a lot of respect (despite his obvious coaching insufficiencies). Maybe this is a sort of f-you from Jauron's collegues.

Of course, Zorn was treated worse and they still got Shanahan, so who knows?

Mr. Pink
01-13-2010, 01:16 PM

--- Brian Schottenheimer

Wow I pasted that quote and you turned it into Rex Ryan had an agenda against us and was in Brian's ear....now it's a condemnation against this franchise.

Interesting about face.

Mahdi
01-13-2010, 01:18 PM
I forget who said it, but I think there's a lot of truth to the idea that one reason guys might not want to come here because of the way Jauron was ousted mid-season. The guy has many friends around the league and a lot of respect (despite his obvious coaching insufficiencies). Maybe this is a sort of f-you from Jauron's collegues.

Of course, Zorn was treated worse and they still got Shanahan, so who knows?
Yeah that was my theory and I think that is another issue ppl have with this franchise combined with the things mentioned in this thread it just looks like a big mess.

Mahdi
01-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Wow I pasted that quote and you turned it into Rex Ryan had an agenda against us and was in Brian's ear....now it's a condemnation against this franchise.

Interesting about face.
I dont see how both of my comments don't go hand in hand. I said that Schotty Jr. was going to turn us down either way.

HHURRICANE
01-13-2010, 01:22 PM

--- Brian Schottenheimer

Is it time for my "I told you so" yet?

Oldbillsfan
01-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Or maybe he isn't ready to be a head coach.. Or afraid of getting out coached by the Ryan, Suprano and Bilicheat.

Mudflap1
01-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Let's not completely dismiss Schotty Jr. going to a divisional rival and that being looked at unfavorably by the Jets. The Jets can't block him from interviewing to be a head coach, but they can give him a fat raise to entice him to stay until an out of division or out of conference team wants to hire him away.