• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

I think its time to call Brian Billick

Im not a huge fan of his, and he wasn't first, second or third among my choices.

But I think its time to give this guy a call.

There are at least two things I like about him

1- He's a credible name

2- He has an excellent history of hiring great assistants and coordinators.

I really have a bad feeling if Leslie Frazier is our coach its going to hurt at the box office big time.

Plus, to be honest I'm not sold as Frazier being the kind of coach this team is in need of.

Grimm's my guy at this point-- but Billick could bring some respectability back here, cause getting turned down by coordinators is embarassing.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: I think its time to call Brian Billick

If he has interest, like he's stated, right now he should be choice 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

Whatever it takes to get it done to get him on the sidelines next year.

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

if we haven't called him now we won't be... That's a call that should have been made a week or so ago

at to be honest I don't think Billick brings much that a top Coordinator couldn't match

Comment

• Dujek
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Jan 2008

I'd have called him right after Cowher. I understand he's upset some people with his comments a few weeks back, and I understand that some people who don't like real football don't like the smash-mouth style his teams play, but he's a winner, he consistently took the Ravens to the post-season, and he won a SB with an awful QB AND he seems to want the job.

Comment

• Mudflap1
          Next Question!
          • Nov 2004

Here's what I don't get about Billick. Why does everybody think Billick is a has been, but everybody loves Jon Gruden? They have had very similar careers. The only thing you could say about Gruden is that he did well with the Raiders as head coach before Tampa Bay. However, both won Super Bowls over 7 seasons ago, and both have had some good playoff seasons since, and missed the playoffs some since. Both are humongous upgrades compared to whom the Bills have had on the sidelines for the past decade.

Call Billick. He's a similar coach to Gruden, can probably be had for a more reasonable price, is exceptionally bright, has had succes including a Super Bowl win, and he wants to coach. He's actually a guy that would come here. I don't understand what the hold up is.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
            Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mudflap1
            Here's what I don't get about Billick. Why does everybody think Billick is a has been, but everybody loves Jon Gruden? They have had very similar careers. The only thing you could say about Gruden is that he did well with the Raiders as head coach before Tampa Bay. However, both won Super Bowls over 7 seasons ago, and both have had some good playoff seasons since, and missed the playoffs some since. Both are humongous upgrades compared to whom the Bills have had on the sidelines for the past decade.

Call Billick. He's a similar coach to Gruden, can probably be had for a more reasonable price, is exceptionally bright, has had succes including a Super Bowl win, and he wants to coach. He's actually a guy that would come here. I don't understand what the hold up is.
            I think the logical answer is the difference in their personalities.

And yes, he certainly has the credentials/experience to merit at least an interview.

God give me style and give me grace
            God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Mudflap1
              Next Question!
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
              I think the logical answer is the difference in their personalities.

And yes, he certainly has the credentials/experience to merit at least an interview.
              So Billick is considered too much of a hot head control freak, but Chucky is not? HE IS CHUCKY!

For the record, I really like both coaches. I don't understand why Gruden is looked at as a savior, and Billick is looked at as yesterday's garbage.
              Last edited by Mudflap1; 01-13-2010, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                • Feb 2009

Just remember this about Les. He brings terrific motivational skills and holds people accountable, both things Jauron lacked. Secondly he will bring Al Saunders compared to Billick bringing Tice as the OC.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                  So Billick is considered too much of a hot head control freak, but Chucky is not? HE IS CHUCKY!

For the record, I really like both coaches. I don't understand why Gruden is looked at as a savior, and Billick is looked at as yesterday's garbage.
                  I think it's more the ego that Billick is supposed to have. However, I agree with you that Gruden/Billick appear to fairly similar coaches.

It makes you wonder if Billick burned some NFL bridges or some other unknown negative exists. He certainly has the experience we were supposed to covet.

Comment

• Jaybird
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by WeAreMarshawn23
                    Just remember this about Les. He brings terrific motivational skills and holds people accountable, both things Jauron lacked. Secondly he will bring Al Saunders compared to Billick bringing Tice as the OC.
                    whats so special about Al saunders?? his massive playbook?

Comment

• Mudflap1
                      Next Question!
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
                      I think it's more the ego that Billick is supposed to have. However, I agree with you that Gruden/Billick appear to fairly similar coaches.

It makes you wonder if Billick burned some NFL bridges or some other unknown negative exists. He certainly has the experience we were supposed to covet.
                      Agreed. Is there some dark shadow around Billick? If not, then there is no reason he has not been interviewed here yet. As Ingtar33 pointed out with Jim Harbaugh, big egos and control freaks are not reason enough to be out of the NFL, all coaches have egos and are control freaks to a certain extent. What is the extra baggage, if any?

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
                        • Dec 2002

Is he even going to want to interview having not been called until after several other choices declined?

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WeAreMarshawn23
                          I think most people's issue with Frazier is how similar he appears to be Jauron. However, that similarity doesn't preclude someone from being a good coach because Dungy is in much the same mold. Frazier's defenses don't seem to be straight Cover 2 either; they appear to be much more physical.

Both Frazier and Grimm have solid NFL connections and would build decent staffs I believe.

I don't necessarily think Frazier will be a bad hire per se, but the fan base would pour gasoline on themselves and run for a match.
                          Last edited by Dicknoze69; 01-13-2010, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• cocamide
                            • Oct 2006

If coordinators don't want to come here to be the head coach, then why would any of them want to come here to be coordinators? We're screwed.

Comment

• BigZ
                              • Sep 2003

Guys, you've all been there.

It's 2:30 in the morning and the bar is starting to clear out.

All the good looking women have left with other guys.

Some of the "not so bad" girls are leaving with their girlfriends and coming back next week.

You know what's left.

For the Bills, it's about 12:45 AM.............

Comment

Working...
                              X