PDA

View Full Version : My Top 2 Now

Bill Cody
01-13-2010, 01:38 PM
Ok I am very very disapointed we didn't land Cowher. he would have been the lift the franchise desperately needs IMO. But I guess that issue is dead. Moving on...

Marty Schottenheimer

Pro's- experienced, proven NFL winner. Hard nosed guy that will take charge. Plays a physical brand of football that fits the identity I want to see us establish. Is probably gettable. I didn't want his candy ass son.

Con's- he's 66 years old and he's been out of the game for 8 years. Think of him as a returning Dick Vermeil. I'd take that right now.

Russ Grimm

Pro's- Knows offensive line play inside and out as both a player and coach which will eventually turn that weakness into a strength. Has been around success his whole football life and that can only help him create a culture of winning. Will likely emphasize a Steelers style in your face attack which is something I favor for a bad weather team with no QB.

Con's- from reports it doesn't seem like he's excited about the job right now and we need that. He's also never been a HC and that's very different that being an asst. But we're in no position to quibble about any of that right now.

Bottom line? Either of these guys would be a credible hire. Not the big splash we really needed with Cowher but not stick your head in the oven time either. I hope AZ loses Sunday and we can put a bow on this next week. Whoever it is needs to get busy forming a staff.

Jaybird
01-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Marty is not an option, nor has it ever been. He has mentioned numerous times he is not coming back to coach.

Canadian'eh!
01-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Marty isn't coming back, and since Brian won't even INTERVIEW with the team, my guess would be that when he asked his dad about the Bills and if he should be interested, the answer wasn't a resounding yes.

patmoran2006
Ok I am very very disapointed we didn't land Cowher. he would have been the lift the franchise desperately needs IMO. But I guess that issue is dead. Moving on...

Marty Schottenheimer

Pro's- experienced, proven NFL winner. Hard nosed guy that will take charge. Plays a physical brand of football that fits the identity I want to see us establish. Is probably gettable. I didn't want his candy ass son.

Con's- he's 66 years old and he's been out of the game for 8 years. Think of him as a returning Dick Vermeil. I'd take that right now.

Russ Grimm

Pro's- Knows offensive line play inside and out as both a player and coach which will eventually turn that weakness into a strength. Has been around success his whole football life and that can only help him create a culture of winning. Will likely emphasize a Steelers style in your face attack which is something I favor for a bad weather team with no QB.

Con's- from reports it doesn't seem like he's excited about the job right now and we need that. He's also never been a HC and that's very different that being an asst. But we're in no position to quibble about any of that right now.

Bottom line? Either of these guys would be a credible hire. Not the big splash we really needed with Cowher but not stick your head in the oven time either. I hope AZ loses Sunday and we can put a bow on this next week. Whoever it is needs to get busy forming a staff.

Agree.. Though I dont consider Marty an option either.

Grimm is my guy at this point after Cowher.

Canadian'eh!
Grimm... not even that intersted. Had to convince him to even interview. Probably won't want the job in the end.

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Marty has not been out of football for 8 years by the way. More like 2

Bill Cody
01-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Marty has not been out of football for 8 years by the way. More like 2

no

ddaryl
01-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Marty was a dream scenario that has been shot down

TrEd FTW
01-13-2010, 02:20 PM
no
Where are you getting eight years from? He led San Diego to a 14-2 record in '06-07 and was then fired.

We're not getting him anyway, so it doesn't matter.

THATHURMANATOR
01-13-2010, 02:22 PM
no
No what?

He coached the 2006 Chargers to a 14-2 record brainiac....

However, both appearances resulted in disappointing losses to the underdog New York Jets in overtime in 2005 and the New England Patriots in 2007, bringing his playoff record to 5–13. Schottenheimer was abruptly fired by San Diego on February 12, 2007.

Bill Cody
01-14-2010, 12:06 PM
No what?

He coached the 2006 Chargers to a 14-2 record brainiac....

:busted:

THATHURMANATOR
01-14-2010, 12:45 PM
:busted:
:hi5:

Bill Cody
01-14-2010, 12:56 PM
:hi5:

:drool2:

Bill Cody
01-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Marty is not an option, nor has it ever been. He has mentioned numerous times he is not coming back to coach.

I guess that wasn't true after all. This really really pisses me off. Marty is a great coach. Gailey's picture is next to word mediocre in the dictionary. Ralph is an assclown that's all I can say.