PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible that

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-13-2010, 02:38 PM
All of these potential coaches are turning down the Bills because they know that the Bills are just bidding their time with interviews and that Cowher is still likely to end up being the HC here? I just think it odd that these coordinators turn down a chance to interview for a HC job...regardless of where it is, an interview would be a wise thing to do. Maybe these guys have some understanding that the Bills will eventually get Cowher???

Iehoshua
01-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Welcome to Fantasy Island.

:(

ddaryl
01-13-2010, 02:39 PM
I hold on to a shred of hope, but the smoke from that ship is disappearing into the horizon

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 02:40 PM
All of these potential coaches are turning down the Bills because they know that the Bills are just bidding their time with interviews and that Cowher is still likely to end up being the HC here? I just think it odd that these coordinators turn down a chance to interview for a HC job...regardless of where it is, an interview would be a wise thing to do. Maybe these guys have some understanding that the Bills will eventually get Cowher???

I suppose you never know for sure, but I highly, highly, highly doubt it.

The more reasonable explanation is this has been a horribly run decision making franchise and they're paying for it now.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-13-2010, 02:41 PM
I suppose you never know for sure, but I highly, highly, highly doubt it.

The more reasonable explanation is this has been a horribly run decision making franchise and they're paying for it now.

Don't you think Marty knowing Buddy Nix very well would make sure his own son interviewed? It seems odd that Marty, Dungy and Kirwan have all suggested they can certainly see Cowher coming here.

NOT THE DUDE...
01-13-2010, 02:43 PM
im ready for frazier, bring the 46 to buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G Wolly
01-13-2010, 02:46 PM
You would think it would be the opposite. That every candidate would fight for the job knowing that a name like Cowher is a 10% possibility to get the job, IF even that much.

Novacane
01-13-2010, 02:48 PM
I know it's hard but you have to let it go sharpie.

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Don't you think Marty knowing Buddy Nix very well would make sure his own son interviewed? It seems odd that Marty, Dungy and Kirwan have all suggested they can certainly see Cowher coming here.

I admit on the surface that it does seem odd.

However,

1) Brian is a full-grown man. Perhaps his thinking is that being a "hot commodity" and waiting another year, he can be better prepared and have a job opportunity that will be better for him (though I do find it odd he isn't going to the experience of interviewing-- it also ends any Marty speculation IMO)

2) I think you underestimating the inner-lying biggest problem, and that is around league circles this is known as a horrible franchise. From everything including draft history, history of retaining their own star free agents, to money spent on players to personnel decisions, to only have seven real "home" games, to spending allowances on a coaching staff and especially to a 91-year old owner who could very well leave this franchise in a state of flux which could happen anytime because face-it, it can happen at anytime.

Plus, from what I've heard, although he has a lot of friends in the business (Marty, possibly Cowher), around league cirlces the hiring of Nix at 70 years old as a first time GM was a reach, especially considering they didnt even bother conducting an outside search when they clearly need a fresh set of eyes.

In all probability, the only way this franchise will return to respectability is if they luck out and get a hungry, first time coach who turns out to be gold and can rebuild the franchise basically from the ground up.

mrbojanglezs
01-13-2010, 02:50 PM
is it possible, yes. but no one knows anything about cowher so why would the coaches

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-13-2010, 02:52 PM
this whole situation just gives me an odd feeling that something big will happen and surprise us all

NOT THE DUDE...
01-13-2010, 02:53 PM
give me a franchise qb and buffalo would be 11-5 this year.... we need a qb in the draft... either get mcnabb, trade up or whatever but we must get one of those top 2 qbs, clausen or bradford......

TerrellOwensSharpie8
01-13-2010, 02:56 PM
I admit on the surface that it does seem odd.

However,

1) Brian is a full-grown man. Perhaps his thinking is that being a "hot commodity" and waiting another year, he can be better prepared and have a job opportunity that will be better for him (though I do find it odd he isn't going to the experience of interviewing-- it also ends any Marty speculation IMO)

2) I think you underestimating the inner-lying biggest problem, and that is around league circles this is known as a horrible franchise. From everything including draft history, history of retaining their own star free agents, to money spent on players to personnel decisions, to only have seven real "home" games, to spending allowances on a coaching staff and especially to a 91-year old owner who could very well leave this franchise in a state of flux which could happen anytime because face-it, it can happen at anytime.

Plus, from what I've heard, although he has a lot of friends in the business (Marty, possibly Cowher), around league cirlces the hiring of Nix at 70 years old as a first time GM was a reach, especially considering they didnt even bother conducting an outside search when they clearly need a fresh set of eyes.

In all probability, the only way this franchise will return to respectability is if they luck out and get a hungry, first time coach who turns out to be gold and can rebuild the franchise basically from the ground up.

Isn't true that Cowher was impressed with our young roster and felt our ownership situation was among the most stable in the NFL?

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 02:57 PM
this whole situation just gives me an odd feeling that something big will happen and surprise us all

Anything is certainly possible but I think you're really starting to rationalize with your heart as a Bills fan rather than your head and everything surrounding the Bills organization.

Demon
01-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Hopefully the Bills end this madness and just say they've moved on. Looks like it's Russ Grimm... or.... who knows, Perry Fewell? lol

Novacane
01-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Isn't true that Cowher was impressed with our young roster and felt our ownership situation was among the most stable in the NFL?

I know Sals source said that but I can not believe he said that about Ralph Wilson. At least not with a straight face.

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 02:59 PM

I never said that. That is what Sal said, which given how credible I know Sal to be, I have no reason not to believe that was said.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
Anything is certainly possible but I think you're really starting to rationalize with your heart as a Bills fan rather than your head and everything surrounding the Bills organization.

even if that is the case, I'd rather do that then allow the Bills woes make me miserable haha

TerrellOwensSharpie8
I never said that. That is what Sal said, which given how credible I know Sal to be, I have no reason not to believe that was said.

yea, that is why I still think something MIGHT happen here...

patmoran2006
Hopefully the Bills end this madness and just say they've moved on. Looks like it's Russ Grimm... or.... who knows, Perry Fewell? lol

I think it will come to Grimm or Frazier. Definitely do not write off Frazier word is the Bills came away very impressed with him.

G Wolly
01-13-2010, 03:01 PM
I hope this big splash on the 15th is a coaching decision. I cant deal with this cowher talk for another week.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
I think it will come to Grimm or Frazier. Definitely do not write off Frazier word is the Bills came away very impressed with him.

knowing that they have slim pickings for HC, I can see the Bills doing everything they can to make it nearly impossible for Cowher to say no......

ddaryl
Welcome to Fantasy Island.

:(

Da plane, Da plane

Hell right now I would gladly ask Mr. Rork to fulfil my fantasy and make the Bills a winner

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1x_QbVDlLbI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1x_QbVDlLbI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

and I thought the smoking man died in the Xfiles... obviously the SOB is still hanging around

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5opjWe56eF4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5opjWe56eF4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 03:03 PM
knowing that they have slim pickings for HC, I can see the Bills doing everything they can to make it nearly impossible for Cowher to say no......

That's what logic would dictate, but Wilson has a poor history with coaches, and at 91 I see no reason he's changing. He aint sitting in his old man chair, he's still involved.

patmoran2006
01-13-2010, 03:04 PM
I hope this big splash on the 15th is a coaching decision. I cant deal with this cowher talk for another week.

Alright I gotta say this one more time.

There is no scheduled big splah on the 15th of January. Thurman Thomas told me that he never said and doesnt know how it started.

So unless he's lying, there is no Jan 15th splash.

Dr. Lecter
01-13-2010, 03:15 PM
That's what logic would dictate, but Wilson has a poor history with coaches, and at 91 I see no reason he's changing. He aint sitting in his old man chair, he's still involved.

Except the same person you are citing (Schefter) has basically said that Wilson has in this case.

Poz's Posse
01-13-2010, 03:19 PM
I think what you will find with regard to the splash....

Thurman was on his Monday show with GR after one of the last games. He was talking about some POTENTIAL news reagrding the organization but he didn't know when it would be

Schopp pushed on when it might be happening.....Thurman said something about maybe in January, Schopp asked about middle of January and then he threw out "like the 15th then"........I think Thurman might have said maybe

Thats all there was too it.......NOTHING was stated that something was DEFINITELY happening on the 15th......

shelby
01-13-2010, 05:24 PM
talk about grasping at straws...geez.

Oaf
01-13-2010, 05:48 PM
im ready for frazier, bring the 46 to buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't care for your posts at all but I'm ready too..

Nighthawk
01-13-2010, 05:49 PM

Is it possible that you will finally give it a rest and stop badgering everybody with this fantasy?

Ingtar33
01-13-2010, 05:57 PM

wow... dude. stop.

You are acting like you're 14 years old and extremely gullible to boot. Wishing for something to happen, really hard won't make it happen.

What in your lifetime of experience has lead you to believe this team won't find a way to step on their own crank with a pair of golf shoes?

I don't mean to say i wouldn't be happy if we got him, but that i don't see it within the realm of probability. we're a joke right now. no one wants to coach this mess. why would bill cowher come here if 3rd rate proteges like schottenhiemer won't touch the job with a 10 foot pole?

BigZ
01-13-2010, 07:11 PM

You could be right.

Also, pigs may someday fly.