X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TerrellOwensSharpie8
    • Jan 2010

Is it possible that

All of these potential coaches are turning down the Bills because they know that the Bills are just bidding their time with interviews and that Cowher is still likely to end up being the HC here? I just think it odd that these coordinators turn down a chance to interview for a HC job...regardless of where it is, an interview would be a wise thing to do. Maybe these guys have some understanding that the Bills will eventually get Cowher???
  • Iehoshua
    • Jan 2003

Re: Is it possible that

Welcome to Fantasy Island.

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

I hold on to a shred of hope, but the smoke from that ship is disappearing into the horizon

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by TerrellOwensSharpie8
        All of these potential coaches are turning down the Bills because they know that the Bills are just bidding their time with interviews and that Cowher is still likely to end up being the HC here? I just think it odd that these coordinators turn down a chance to interview for a HC job...regardless of where it is, an interview would be a wise thing to do. Maybe these guys have some understanding that the Bills will eventually get Cowher???
        I suppose you never know for sure, but I highly, highly, highly doubt it.

The more reasonable explanation is this has been a horribly run decision making franchise and they're paying for it now.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• TerrellOwensSharpie8
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          I suppose you never know for sure, but I highly, highly, highly doubt it.

The more reasonable explanation is this has been a horribly run decision making franchise and they're paying for it now.
          Don't you think Marty knowing Buddy Nix very well would make sure his own son interviewed? It seems odd that Marty, Dungy and Kirwan have all suggested they can certainly see Cowher coming here.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Jan 2010

im ready for frazier, bring the 46 to buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• G Wolly
              • Mar 2004

You would think it would be the opposite. That every candidate would fight for the job knowing that a name like Cowher is a 10% possibility to get the job, IF even that much.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

I know it's hard but you have to let it go sharpie.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Don't you think Marty knowing Buddy Nix very well would make sure his own son interviewed? It seems odd that Marty, Dungy and Kirwan have all suggested they can certainly see Cowher coming here.
                  I admit on the surface that it does seem odd.

However,

1) Brian is a full-grown man. Perhaps his thinking is that being a "hot commodity" and waiting another year, he can be better prepared and have a job opportunity that will be better for him (though I do find it odd he isn't going to the experience of interviewing-- it also ends any Marty speculation IMO)

2) I think you underestimating the inner-lying biggest problem, and that is around league circles this is known as a horrible franchise. From everything including draft history, history of retaining their own star free agents, to money spent on players to personnel decisions, to only have seven real "home" games, to spending allowances on a coaching staff and especially to a 91-year old owner who could very well leave this franchise in a state of flux which could happen anytime because face-it, it can happen at anytime.

Plus, from what I've heard, although he has a lot of friends in the business (Marty, possibly Cowher), around league cirlces the hiring of Nix at 70 years old as a first time GM was a reach, especially considering they didnt even bother conducting an outside search when they clearly need a fresh set of eyes.

In all probability, the only way this franchise will return to respectability is if they luck out and get a hungry, first time coach who turns out to be gold and can rebuild the franchise basically from the ground up.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                    • Jan 2010

is it possible, yes. but no one knows anything about cowher so why would the coaches

Comment

• TerrellOwensSharpie8
                      • Jan 2010

this whole situation just gives me an odd feeling that something big will happen and surprise us all

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Jan 2010

give me a franchise qb and buffalo would be 11-5 this year.... we need a qb in the draft... either get mcnabb, trade up or whatever but we must get one of those top 2 qbs, clausen or bradford......

Comment

• TerrellOwensSharpie8
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          I admit on the surface that it does seem odd.

However,

1) Brian is a full-grown man. Perhaps his thinking is that being a "hot commodity" and waiting another year, he can be better prepared and have a job opportunity that will be better for him (though I do find it odd he isn't going to the experience of interviewing-- it also ends any Marty speculation IMO)

2) I think you underestimating the inner-lying biggest problem, and that is around league circles this is known as a horrible franchise. From everything including draft history, history of retaining their own star free agents, to money spent on players to personnel decisions, to only have seven real "home" games, to spending allowances on a coaching staff and especially to a 91-year old owner who could very well leave this franchise in a state of flux which could happen anytime because face-it, it can happen at anytime.

Plus, from what I've heard, although he has a lot of friends in the business (Marty, possibly Cowher), around league cirlces the hiring of Nix at 70 years old as a first time GM was a reach, especially considering they didnt even bother conducting an outside search when they clearly need a fresh set of eyes.

In all probability, the only way this franchise will return to respectability is if they luck out and get a hungry, first time coach who turns out to be gold and can rebuild the franchise basically from the ground up.

Isn't true that Cowher was impressed with our young roster and felt our ownership situation was among the most stable in the NFL?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

this whole situation just gives me an odd feeling that something big will happen and surprise us all
                            Anything is certainly possible but I think you're really starting to rationalize with your heart as a Bills fan rather than your head and everything surrounding the Bills organization.

Comment

• Demon
                              • Mar 2003

Hopefully the Bills end this madness and just say they've moved on. Looks like it's Russ Grimm... or.... who knows, Perry Fewell? lol
                              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X