• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Some noteworthy stuff on Grimm and a potential problem

Mark Gaughn from the news points out that Grimm and Mularkey have the same agent, and that he and Mularkey are friends who coached together for three years in Pittsburgh.

Perhaps that's why Grimm's interest in Buffalo is lukewarm at best.

I cant stress to all you guys enough how much I talk to people that range from who cover the team full-time to people around the league and some with inside knowledge of the organization tell me that the Bills have an awful, awful reputation on a league-wide basis.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Billz_fan
    • Jan 2003

Re: Some noteworthy stuff on Grimm and a potential problem

Absolutely pathetic He is gonna be a tough sell if he wasn't already.
    The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Spelled Mark's name wrong. .It's Gaughan. Sorry

Comment

• Billz_fan
        • Jan 2003

He is gonna interview just for the sake of going through the process and gaining more experience in HC interviews.
        The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• THRILLHO
          This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          Mark Gaughn from the news points out that Grimm and Mularkey have the same agent, and that he and Mularkey are friends who coached together for three years in Pittsburgh.

Perhaps that's why Grimm's interest in Buffalo is lukewarm at best.

I cant stress to all you guys enough how much I talk to people that range from who cover the team full-time to people around the league and some with inside knowledge of the organization tell me that the Bills have an awful, awful reputation on a league-wide basis.
          Well, not sure how many of us wanted Grimm, but it sucks to hear that we are not well received around the NFL. It is not shocking either. So the question is, what is it going to take (winning, duh) and how long is it going to take to get some 'cred' back?
          True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

The Bills being a joke around the league is not a shock...hell, anybody with half a brain knows that Ralph is a joke and his organization is too.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Well I only speak for me, but he was my choice after Cowher.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

The Mularkey part is partially (mostly?) on the fans for the way they treated his family, especially his kids.

Although this organization ha been mismanaged for way too long. I do think Brandon is trying to fix it, but it might be too late.
                Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 01-13-2010, 06:31 PM.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

Might as well keep Fewell...

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by hey2abills
                    Well, not sure how many of us wanted Grimm, but it sucks to hear that we are not well received around the NFL. It is not shocking either. So the question is, what is it going to take (winning, duh) and how long is it going to take to get some 'cred' back?
                    its going to take finding a coach willing to take a chance and getting really lucky to find a guy who will build a winner.

It has to start all over, which I dont think got off the best start with Nix being named GM instead of an outsider.

its just further proof that Ralph wants "yes men" to keep things closer to his vest. I dont know how much proof is needed.

Comment

• Michael1222
                      • Jan 2010

GO BILLS! (crys)

Comment

• Nighthawk
                        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        its going to take finding a coach willing to take a chance and getting really lucky to find a guy who will build a winner.

It has to start all over, which I dont think got off the best start with Nix being named GM instead of an outsider.

its just further proof that Ralph wants "yes men" to keep things closer to his vest. I dont know how much proof is needed.
                        I've been saying this since Nix was hired...it sent a terrible message to the rest of the league that absolutely nothing has changed with the Bills. They are not committed to winning and Ralph is still only worried about how much money he is making.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                          I've been saying this since Nix was hired...it sent a terrible message to the rest of the league that absolutely nothing has changed with the Bills. They are not committed to winning and Ralph is still only worried about how much money he is making.
                          I dont think Ralph is worried about how much money he's making.

But he's obviously unwilling to let outsiders run his team ever again, and at 91 he's never going to wake up and change.

If they were truly truly serious about Cowher, they would've hired him and let him bring his own GM in there to right this ship.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
                            The Mularkey part is partially (mostly?) on the fans for the way they treated his family, especially his kids.

Although this organization ha been mismanaged for way too long. I do think Brandon is trying to fix it, but it might be too late.
                            it is too late.. They're down to getting Frazier or someone like him, and blindly hoping the guy turns out to be Dungy and can bring us respectability again.

I"m sure Mularkey has or will relay his experiences in Bufflao with the front office to Grimm.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                              !?!?!?!?!?
                              • Mar 2006

we need this next coaching hire to be a successful one otherwise we will be in the same boat as the Raiders

Comment

Working...
                              X