X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mark1126
    • Dec 2009

Bills job = great opportunity

Contrary to popular belief, the bills job is primed for success. Whoever doesn't take the job is not fit to be the bills head coach because he ain't smart enough..

Whoever cant figure this out, doesn't deserve the job..

1 - bills won 6 games
    2 - lost 5 games by 7 or fewer points (lost 3 games by 3 pts or less)
    3 - only needed to win 3 out of those 5 and in the playoffs

note to coaches: if you dont think you can make the bills 3 pts better per game, dont appy for the job, thank you..

4 - ended season minus 8 players with 21 on IR, down a total of 29
    5 - $25 million under cap
    6 - $39 million under cash to cap
    7 - young team with upside from good coaching

summary: if coaches out there think they can win 3 or 4 more games (when 5 were lost by 7 pts or less) when you get an extra 29 healthy bodies back, a new staff, a new GM, and have $25 million cap money to spend...maybe $39 million if you can get ralph to commit to spend cash to cap..well please interview, I'm sure you'll be glad you did..
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Re: Bills job = great opportunity

Glad to hear some optimism, and the only thing that will salvage this fanbase from going awol is for Ralph to spend some dough on FA's. With that said, it is Ralph, and I'll be surprised, to say the least, if that happens.
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
      • Apr 2005

love the optimism man, but i have to respectfully disagree. We're in shambles imo. We have and old cheap owner who could die any day. We have a team that might not be in the city its in right now in 5 years. We have a brand new GM. No starting QB or anything close to an NFL caliber QB on this team. We have a ton of other holes to fill, and if we think its hard to land a coach here, just imagine good free agents. Not tryin to piss on your parade, but this just isnt an appealing spot for coaches, especially coordinators looking for a shot. Theyre not really being set up for success.

Comment

• Throne Logic
        Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
        • Aug 2002

I should mail in a resume. I probably would suck as a coach, but I'd do it for $100K / year + lifetime season tickets . . . Ralph might go for it.
        Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
          !?!?!?!?!?
          • Mar 2006

BEST POST of 2010

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Throne Logic
            I should mail in a resume. I probably would suck as a coach, but I'd do it for $100K / year + lifetime season tickets . . . Ralph might go for it.

You would probably do a better job then the last 3 stooges we've had.

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

Come to think of it, taking the HC job in Buffalo is actually a bit of a win-win for any prospective candidate.

Let's say someone takes the position and does poorly. Maybe a 10-22 record over two years and then is fired. If the Buffalo regime is viewed as a pitiful enterprise around the rest of the NFL, wouldn't that person then not be blamed for that record necessarily? Most people probably wouldn't see it as their fault that they couldn't win, as no one can really win in Buffalo.

But then again, let's say someone comes in here and turns around the team. They average a 10-6 record over the next X years and turn them into a perennial power. That wouldn't look impressive on a resume?
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

Bills job= great opportunity TO FAIL!!!!!!

just ask Mularkey and Gregg Williams.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by mark1126
                  Contrary to popular belief, the bills job is primed for success. Whoever doesn't take the job is not fit to be the bills head coach because he ain't smart enough..

Whoever cant figure this out, doesn't deserve the job..

1 - bills won 6 games
                  2 - lost 5 games by 7 or fewer points (lost 3 games by 3 pts or less)
                  3 - only needed to win 3 out of those 5 and in the playoffs

note to coaches: if you dont think you can make the bills 3 pts better per game, dont appy for the job, thank you..

4 - ended season minus 8 players with 21 on IR, down a total of 29
                  7 - young team with upside from good coaching

summary: if coaches out there think they can win 3 or 4 more games (when 5 were lost by 7 pts or less) when you get an extra 29 healthy bodies back, a new staff, a new GM, and have $25 million cap money to spend...maybe $39 million if you can get ralph to commit to spend cash to cap..well please interview, I'm sure you'll be glad you did..

written like a true blue Bills fan.. too bad the situation is unglier then what we perceive

Comment

• Iehoshua
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                    Bills job= great opportunity TO FAIL!!!!!!

just ask Mularkey and Gregg Williams.
                    Perhaps those two were failures themselves.

I've yet to see either of them rise to another head coaching position, nor since Gregg Williams was "promised" the spot in DC after Gibbs retired, haven't heard any mention of either being a candidate.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Iehoshua

I've yet to see either of them rise to another head coaching position, nor since Gregg Williams was "promised" the spot in DC after Gibbs retired, haven't heard any mention of either being a candidate.

you could be right.
                      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Iehoshua

I think Gregg Williams as HC is gaining steam, especially after what he managed to do for the defense in NO. I'd bet next year is when he gets another chance, considering this year there really aren't any job openings available.
                        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Iehoshua
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                          you could be right.
                          Then again if there was a different QB behind center in 2004, at least in that season finale game against Pittsburgh, Mularkey may have been coaching in the playoffs.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mark1126

CHEAP!!!!! CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

Wow, the original poster needs to get a job with Russ on the marketing department. Those are interesting stats, but i think when you watch the game and see how out classed the bills were in every facet of the game, the situation is much more dire.

1. They can't convert 3rd downs....ever
                              2. they can't sack the qb when you take schobel out of the equation
                              3. they can't cover RB out of the backfield or better TE
                              4. The LB core is slow and unable to respond to anything: pass or run
                              5. No pressure on the QB lets even marginal QB's sit back and throw without hesitation or worry
                              6. No QB
                              7 No LT
                              8 No game changing WRs
                              9 no money to bring in free agents as stop gaps as you develop your draft picks.

It's pretty awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X