• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Quinn's state of the Sabres

“Every day I come into the office, more so Darcy and Lindy, and that’s all that we think about. Now what road do you take to get there? “

Identifying a player to put the team over the hump would be one way. How open is the team to trading for a high-priced talent at the deadline?

“You should do it if it’s the one piece from the Cup. We have to believe that that’s the way to go and we’re not afraid of it.”
    Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy
  • DMBcrew36
    • Feb 2005

Re: Quinn's state of the Sabres

I'd rather the Sabres NOT get a rental this Spring. I think we're a contender but I don't think we're ready to make a big leap like Chicago. Rentals cost too, too much.

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

I think we're a contender without a rental.
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• SabreEleven
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
        “You should do it if it’s the one piece from the Cup. We have to believe that that’s the way to go and we’re not afraid of it.”
        If they aren't afraid to do it, why haven't they EVER done it?

Comment

• clumping platelets

Just do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• DrGraves
            • Mar 2008

We have a good team but this team has no chance of winning a 7 games series against a NJ, Pitt, Was.... and obviously ottawa and atlanta has our number....

we need that piece to put us over the edge

Comment

• DMBcrew36
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by SabreEleven
              If they aren't afraid to do it, why haven't they EVER done it?
              Because they have liked the team they have and don't see a glaring hole or need? Regier will do it if the deal is right, but he's not going to make a one-sided deal, just to get a guy. He isn't going to be 'taken' by some team just because he wants a player.
              Last edited by DMBcrew36; 01-14-2010, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DrGraves
                We have a good team but this team has no chance of winning a 7 games series against a NJ, Pitt, Was.... and obviously ottawa and atlanta has our number....

we need that piece to put us over the edge
                Kovie is the only player that will be available that is SO GOOD as to push a team 'over the edge.' And guess what? He'd cost so damn much to have for a mere 3 months that there's no way we do it. Regier isn't that dumb.
                Last edited by DMBcrew36; 01-14-2010, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                  I'd rather the Sabres NOT get a rental this Spring. I think we're a contender but I don't think we're ready to make a big leap like Chicago. Rentals cost too, too much.
                  I totally understand what you're saying. I would pray that if someone like Kovalchuk was ever in the discussion, he wouldn't be a rental.

Obviously I'm no expert, but I would think based on the expiring contracts this year + who they would have to give away to get Kovalchuk, they could easily give him the huge deal he wants and lock him up.

The Sabres would be so good with someone like him and someone like Miller between the pipes.

D & S Sports

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                    I totally understand what you're saying. I would pray that if someone like Kovalchuk was ever in the discussion, he wouldn't be a rental.

Obviously I'm no expert, but I would think based on the expiring contracts this year + who they would have to give away to get Kovalchuk, they could easily give him the huge deal he wants and lock him up.

The Sabres would be so good with someone like him and someone like Miller between the pipes.
                    Can Kovie play in Ruff's system? Does he backcheck?

I think Kovie is the caliber player that you can overlook SOME of his defensive-lapses. The good outweighs the bad, no matter what. He may not fit your system, or play your system perfectly, but he will make up for it.
                    Last edited by DMBcrew36; 01-14-2010, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by casdhf
                      I think we're a contender without a rental.

playtoff contender yes

Stanley Cup contender no

this team is missing a piece, and I think they are the right rental away from having a real shot at winning it all this year.

but hopefully they could extend any such rental player to form a dynasty
                      Last edited by ddaryl; 01-14-2010, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                        playtoff contender yes

Stanley Cup contender no

this team is missing a piece, and I think they are the right rental away from having a real shot at winning it all this year.
                        The Sabres only need is scoring. It's rare to find a single player that can truly boost your team noticeably - guys like Hossa, Kovie, etc. The only player that is available that is even good enough to think he'd boost your team is Kovalchuk, and he will be so expensive that it is absolutely not worth it.
                        Last edited by DMBcrew36; 01-14-2010, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• ddaryl
                          • Jan 2005

Because they have liked the team they have and don't see a glaring hole or need? Regier will do it if the deal is right, but he's not going to make a one-sided deal, just to get a guy. He isn't going to be 'taken' by some team just because he wants a player.

I agree we don't want to be raped for a rental player.

but if they don't see the need for a player to put the over the top then maybe they shouldn't be in th eposition they are in, this team needs that player...

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl

but if they don't see the need for a player to put the over the top then maybe they shouldn't be in th eposition they are in, this team needs that player...
                            Sorry, I don't understand what you're saying here.

The Sabres would get raped for Kovie, and then Kovie would walk in 4 months to the Rangers or Flyers, who would be willing to pay whatever.
                            Last edited by DMBcrew36; 01-14-2010, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• ddaryl
                              • Jan 2005

The Sabres only need is scoring. It's rare to find a single player that can truly boost your team noticeably - guys like Hossa, Kovie, etc. The only player that is available that is even good enough to think he'd boost your team is Kovalchuk, and he will be so expensive that it is absolutely not worth it.
                              I do agree.... but a real creative mind should be able ot find a way to make it work or at least try

I want the cup anything less is just more lame ass Buffalo crap

Comment

Working...
                              X