PDA

View Full Version : So Explain why Ron rivera is a good option?

BuffaloBlitz83
01-13-2010, 08:52 PM
He's been the Defensive Coordinator in SD for 2 years. How do the Chargers rank those 2 years defensively?

25th in 2008

16th in 2009

He was fired in Chicago. And the Bears had a stacked defense which included Urlacher, Briggs, Tommie Harris, Tillman, Ogunleye. The Bears defense improved in 08 compared to 07. This year Urlacher was out. Not sure if Rivera was the DC since 08 or started lower. Just saying his resume is NOT stellar. And the fact ppl rank him higher than Frazier is Dumb. I guess cause Rivera yells, Splendid.

Frazier's numbers are better. And rivera had a hell of a defense in Chicago too.

Pinkerton Security
01-13-2010, 09:00 PM
He's been the Defensive Coordinator in SD for 2 years. How do the Chargers rank those 2 years defensively?

25th in 2008

16th in 2009

He was fired in Chicago. And the Bears had a stacked defense which included Urlacher, Briggs, Tommie Harris, Tillman, Ogunleye. The Bears defense improved in 08 compared to 07. This year Urlacher was out. Not sure if Rivera was the DC since 08 or started lower. Just saying his resume is NOT stellar. And the fact ppl rank him higher than Frazier is Dumb. I guess cause Rivera yells, Splendid.

Frazier's numbers are better. And rivera had a hell of a defense in Chicago too.
nice attempt, but id save your breath. doesnt matter who it is, if we got Schottenheimer people would be doing the same thing (even though everyone now is complaining about how we're so pathetic that we couldnt even get an interview with him). People must realize we never had a shot at Cowher, and therefore must also realize the next 3 best guys are Schotty, Grimm and Frazier. Schotty turned us down and Grimm has yet to interview.

Yet this could be the worst hire in the history of the NFL? Come on guys.

ALSO NOTE: We havent hired anyone yet!!!!

Prov401
01-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Firstly, he began his coaching career under the late, great Jim Johnson in Philadelphia. He was the LB's coach there while the Eagles went to 3 straight NFC Championship games.

He was signed by the Bears in 2005 as their DC, and the team was ranked 2nd in defense that year. In 2006, the Bears were ranked in the top 5 in points allowed, on their way to the Superbowl.

The reason he is in San Diego is because Dallas, San Diego, Arizona, and Pittsburgh all interviewed him to be their HC, and right after the pro-bowl, negotiations turned sour with the Bears. It was mutual in which they parted ways.

The guy has been to the playoffs almost, if not, every single year he's coached. He's coached under Jim Johnson, and Andy Reid, both great coaches. He is a hard nosed coach who looks like he'll kill someone if they look at him funny. That's why I want him.

Oh, and he's probably going to the Superbowl this year.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Firstly, he began his coaching career under the late, great Jim Johnson in Philadelphia. He was the LB's coach their while the Eagles went to 3 straight NFC Championship games.

He was signed by the Bears in 2005 as their DC, and the team was ranked 2nd in defense that year. In 2006, the Bears were ranked in the top 5 in points allowed, on their way to the Superbowl.

The reason he is in San Diego is because Dallas, San Diego, Arizona, and Pittsburgh all interviewed him to be their HC, and right after the pro-bowl, negotiations turned sour with the Bears. It was mutual in which they parted ways.

The guy has been to the playoffs almost, if not, every single year he's coached. He's coached under Jim Johnson, and Andy Reid, both great coaches. He is a hard nosed coach who looks like he'll kill someone if they look at him funny. That's why I want him.

Explain why his defenses are terrible since he has been in SD? Everyone knows why SD wins games, look at the points they put up every week. His defenses have not been good at all.

Prov401
01-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Explain why his defenses are terrible since he has been in SD? Everyone knows why SD wins games, look at the points they put up every week. His defenses have not been good at all.

San Diego's defense has battled quite a few injuries this year. Antonio Cramartie has knee issues, and Quentin Jammer has a nagging toe injury. They're thin, and Merriman has been a ghost for some reason.

There is a reason elite teams like Arizona, Dallas, Pittsburgh, and San Diego gave this guy an interview for their head coaching position a few years ago.

BuffaloBlitz83
01-13-2010, 09:21 PM
San Diego's defense has battled quite a few injuries this year. Antonio Cramartie has knee issues, and Quentin Jammer has a nagging toe injury. They're thin, and Merriman has been a ghost for some reason.

There is a reason elite teams like Arizona, Dallas, Pittsburgh, and San Diego gave this guy an interview for their head coaching position a few years ago.

He was even worse last year. And every single one of those teams passed on him for a reason. And many of those teams used him as a Rooney token interview candidate.

Prov401
01-13-2010, 09:26 PM
He was even worse last year. And every single one of those teams passed on him for a reason. And many of those teams used him as a Rooney token interview candidate.

You can't judge him from last year. Ted Cottrell got canned in the middle of the season when the Chargers sucked. Rivera took over, and oh...yea...the Chargers made it to the playoffs, and upset the Colts. You know, that guy number 18? Held him in check big time.

Rivera is the real deal.

k-oneputt
01-13-2010, 09:50 PM
Who wants Riveria. He's barely a step in front of frazier.

If not Cower or Marty, why not Billick. Ralph must have written him off when he heard about his comments.
Harbaugh, did they even reach out to him ?
I could even live with Brian Schott., at least he has an offensive background. I could live with Grimm too. He would bring a physical power running scheme.

I cannot live with Jauron jr.

Prov401
01-13-2010, 10:06 PM
Who wants Riveria. He's barely a step in front of frazier.

If not Cower or Marty, why not Billick. Ralph must have written him off when he heard about his comments.
Harbaugh, did they even reach out to him ?
I could even live with Brian Schott., at least he has an offensive background. I could live with Grimm too. He would bring a physical power running scheme.

I cannot live with Jauron jr.

I want Rivera.

Rivera has been a normal participant in the NFL playoffs for about a decade. Calling him Jauron Jr. is uneducated.

Why don't you want him is the question?

Oh, and why not Billick? I don't know. Maybe his supposed 'offensive genius' persona that he took with him from the Vikings into Baltimore, never ever ever ever translated at all. He's absolutley lucky he had Ozzie Newsome, Marvin Lewis, and Rex Ryan. End of story.

k-oneputt
01-13-2010, 10:09 PM
Jauron jr. is Frazier.

Riveria = no head coach experience.

If we have to go cordinator route then it had better be an offensive guy.

Although if we must I would take Riveria over Frazier. Barely.

justasportsfan
01-13-2010, 10:09 PM
Firstly, he began his coaching career under the late, great Jim Johnson in Philadelphia. He was the LB's coach there while the Eagles went to 3 straight NFC Championship games.

Greg Williams?

BigZ
01-13-2010, 10:10 PM
the answer is: he's not dick jauron

Prov401
01-13-2010, 10:13 PM
Greg Williams?

Dude.....Whoever gets intimidated by Greg Williams is a pansie. Let's be serious.